My beef with Isiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
once again the knicks salary is not as bad as ppl think, the knicks dont have much contracts after 2009, and i like what isiah has done wit this team, all i gotta say the knicks had players who are not in the league todayb4 isiah(eisley, houston, sprewell, weatherspoon, travis knight, spencer, shandon anderson, well i think i proved my point)

hey metrocard i think that isiah's moves are good because, uh, marbury and francis were good once, and i uh heard their names a lot so now theyre going to be ten times better than before because theyre motivated! And james was uh on the globetrotters, so that means that uh he knows what he's doing...and it doesnt matter what our cap space is because we dont need to sign anyone; our team is perfect!

Starks

Starter
I don't think he will ever prove that a team in the NBA has interest in Jerome James.

Hey guys, if you think people like me, Paris, and Sparks are too "negative", then prove us wrong. Prove to us Isiah's moves are helping the Knicks now, and in the future. Good basketball means protecting the ball and not turning it over. Knicks have very few good basketball players. We are fans who have grown tired of Isiah Thomas and the current direction of the team and believe a number of our players should be moved because they are part of the reason we are doing poorly. We accually play hard at somne nights, and our losses have result from mistakes on the basketball court. Turnovers and confusion on defense result in losses. Cap space helps the rebuilding process, look how it helped Denver, Orlando, Chicago, Phoneix and many others. Isiah's direction is far from rebuilding, especially in the first year and half. People say he's rebuilding, but why he did he trade cap space and Trevor Ariza for Francis? He has no direction people.

lol dude, did you call me "Sparks"??? I think someone should create a thread to just end them all. Like a "post your formula to fix Knicks here" thread. That way we can see where everybody stands, and who actually can come up with a plan that can fix the team in 2-3 years (cause it aint happenin this season guys, sorry)

I get a headache just htinking about where to start, if i was Thomas. He's a clown as an executive, but the guy's gutsy. gotta give Zeke that. If I was in his shoes I would have fled the country and hide for a decade months ago. lol I mean, even my little sister knows the guy is the biggest joke of NYC.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Metrocard,

you post like your age, (18 I think). Some doesn't agree with you and it's instant profanity like "asshead" (brilliant!). How did you arrive at me comparing Amare and Eddy Curry. I said most big men need time to figure things out. Shaq when he was young took tons of travelling calls. In time he figured things out. Good players need to play and learn. Eddy Curry is a good player. He needs time, but according to you he should be shipped. What's ingnorant is saying Curry is useless, only to watch him drop 27 and 10 (18 and 7 for the season). Who would you rather have at centre? Better yet why don't you outline YOUR unique plan for the Knicks. I read all these foolish comments of what should have been done. Constant bitching and moaning. PLEASE SPELL OUT YOUR PLAN. Educate us with your limited widsom.

I said Isiah isn't a BAD COACH, he isn't a good coach either

What the hell does that even mean? Have the balls too pick a side, then defend it.

To blame Isiah for the guard play is ridiculous. You, or anyone else who thinks he responsible for the on court decisions made? That as foolish as saying that if stole a candy bar, my mother is responsible. If everyone took personal responsiblity for themselves, things would be a lot better for our team and in the world in general.

And with Dirk, he got shut down by Udonis Haslem in the NBA Finals! What does that say? He leaves all the defense to his teammates, which isn't really fair. He should be fighting for boards and contributing on both ends of the floor. That's what good teammates do.

EXCUSE ME EVERYONE, dr.carpy has officially declared because Curry and Crawford have scored 20 points each against Portland, they should be the face of the New York Knicks franchise for the next 10 years.

If that's what you read you an Idiot plain and simple. To call both Crawford and Curry useless shows you're an Idiot that chain smokes crack. Both guys are pretty unique players that have exceptional skills.

Irony:
the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

Now that you know the meaning (because clearly you didn't before) use only when it fits. Nothing I posted before would be considered "Irony" or "Ironic" quit trying to rock terms to sound smart. It's annoying. Fans like you are looking for someone to pull out a magic wand and fix everything. This again is not realistic. Deus Ex Machina or God in the Machine is going down here anytime soon. You want a quick fix, go watch a sitcom. They usually have a solution in less than 30 mins.

P.S. Save the spell check for yourself. You only see the flaws in others, none in yourself. That is your biggest weakness. Stop telling everyone how to think. You're a kid. And you definetely don't have all the answers.

metrocard

Legend
There is no need to prove you wrong. In some cases you are correct. There have been bad moves, but to say that or insinuate that Curry and Crawford are trash players is ridicules. I've read your and dr carpy going back and fourth and you say he's off topic but you are off topic. You went on a pointless tangent about Amari and how Thomas made the Suns better. How so? By trading Thomas for Richardson? Last I checked Thomas wasn't the key to the Suns offense. Oh that's right, you were looking backwards again commenting on the Marbury trade right. You make your comments personal when you have no point to make or when your flawed logic is pointed out, which is often. I challenge you to do what most of us have done. Make some suggestions on how the Knicks can improve. You've suggested removing Thomas in several posts. Is that the best you can come up with? Who should replace Thomas? Do you have a plan? It's not negative if you make a competent suggestion.

Do you even read my post? I posted a whole paragraph how Isiah helped the Phoneix Suns into elite status. Isiah tooked the two ugliest contracts in the NBA, Marbury and Penny, and gave Phoneix cap space to sign Steve Nash.

I've already stated what the Knicks can do. Read my post more clearly. Only make trades that can help us get under the cap space under 2008, or trades for additional draft picks. Trading expiring contracts over and over has proven to fail.

hey metrocard i think that isiah's moves are good because, uh, marbury and francis were good once, and i uh heard their names a lot so now theyre going to be ten times better than before because theyre motivated! And james was uh on the globetrotters, so that means that uh he knows what he's doing...and it doesnt matter what our cap space is because we dont need to sign anyone; our team is perfect!

Co-sign. Marbury and Francis were all star PG's 3 years ago. Together, they'll be an unstoppable back court. Penny Hardaway and Vin Baker were phenoms in the 90's. With their history of greatness, I thought they could of helped this team. Jerome James was a beast in the playoffs for Seattle averaging under 20 minutes a game, he totally deserved a 5 year deal as a 31 year old. Jamal Crawford can lead us, and Eddy Curry is one of the elite big men in the NBA. Balkman is ROY, Channing Fyre is too talented to be traded for NBA All stars like Ron Artest.

lol dude, did you call me "Sparks"??? I think someone should create a thread to just end them all. Like a "post your formula to fix Knicks here" thread. That way we can see where everybody stands, and who actually can come up with a plan that can fix the team in 2-3 years (cause it aint happenin this season guys, sorry)

I get a headache just htinking about where to start, if i was Thomas. He's a clown as an executive, but the guy's gutsy. gotta give Zeke that. If I was in his shoes I would have fled the country and hide for a decade months ago. lol I mean, even my little sister knows the guy is the biggest joke of NYC.

I agree, someone should start a thread, and I'll present my plan for the Knicks. People should just remember, we need direction, subtract cancer players, cap space or additional draft picks, and don't trade for longer contracts or trade away draft picks.

Metrocard,

you post like your age, (18 I think). Some doesn't agree with you and it's instant profanity like "asshead" (brilliant!). How did you arrive at me comparing Amare and Eddy Curry. I said most big men need time to figure things out. Shaq when he was young took tons of travelling calls. In time he figured things out. Good players need to play and learn. Eddy Curry is a good player. He needs time, but according to you he should be shipped. What's ingnorant is saying Curry is useless, only to watch him drop 27 and 10 (18 and 7 for the season). Who would you rather have at centre? Better yet why don't you outline YOUR unique plan for the Knicks. I read all these foolish comments of what should have been done. Constant bitching and moaning. PLEASE SPELL OUT YOUR PLAN. Educate us with your limited widsom.

I said Isiah isn't a BAD COACH, he isn't a good coach either

What the hell does that even mean? Have the balls too pick a side, then defend it.

To blame Isiah for the guard play is ridiculous. You, or anyone else who thinks he responsible for the on court decisions made? That as foolish as saying that if stole a candy bar, my mother is responsible. If everyone took personal responsiblity for themselves, things would be a lot better for our team and in the world in general.

And with Dirk, he got shut down by Udonis Haslem in the NBA Finals! What does that say? He leaves all the defense to his teammates, which isn't really fair. He should be fighting for boards and contributing on both ends of the floor. That's what good teammates do.

EXCUSE ME EVERYONE, dr.carpy has officially declared because Curry and Crawford have scored 20 points each against Portland, they should be the face of the New York Knicks franchise for the next 10 years.

If that's what you read you an Idiot plain and simple. To call both Crawford and Curry useless shows you're an Idiot that chain smokes crack. Both guys are pretty unique players that have exceptional skills.

Irony:
the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

Now that you know the meaning (because clearly you didn't before) use only when it fits. Nothing I posted before would be considered "Irony" or "Ironic" quit trying to rock terms to sound smart. It's annoying. Fans like you are looking for someone to pull out a magic wand and fix everything. This again is not realistic. Deus Ex Machina or God in the Machine is going down here anytime soon. You want a quick fix, go watch a sitcom. They usually have a solution in less than 30 mins.

P.S. Save the spell check for yourself. You only see the flaws in others, none in yourself. That is your biggest weakness. Stop telling everyone how to think. You're a kid. And you definetely don't have all the answers.

I post like my age? What does my age have to do with it? Its Someone, not some. Reread your post before your type, if you don't you'll help me win my agruement again.

dr.carpy, what things? You can mean anything by that, explain yourself. Shaq still gets called for traveling when he plays, why do you think he averages 3 turnovers a game? Eddy Curry has been in the NBA for 6 years. He has had his time in the NBA. He's been in the league for a while. Amare, Shaq, Duncan are Franchise players. Curry isn't a Franchise player, he's a good player, but not a franchise player. Comparing Curry with elite big men doesn't prove your agruement. Curry can dominant games if he puts as much effort on offense as he does on defense. He is a good talent, no one has questioned that. But he still suffers from the same flaws he had in Chicago. Thats why Chicago let Curry go. They felt his flaws couldn't be fixed. That is a fact.

Why are you getting angry now? Don't worry about my balls. I've said this before and many times in the forum. I'll repeat for you. Isiah Thomas is a good players coach, the Knicks players seem to be happy with Isiah. But there is no denying Isiah is a terrible x and o's Coach. Our defense has looked worse under Isiah, and we average 17 turnovers a game. The team is confused on both sides on the ball. It confuses me also. Isiah was a champion in Detroit. I don't understand why he doesn't look back on the Detroit team from the past and try to use that as a sense of direction.

Isiah is the coach for a reason, guys like Pop and Sloan train their players to be prepared every game to defend and play their hardest, if they don't, they lose minutes. Carlos Arroyo would be in Utah right now, but he didn't play defense hard enough. Sloan demanded to trade Arroyo, and he got traded for nothing. Isiah doesn't prepare this team well enough to win every night. This why he isn't fit to be the coach of this team now and in the future. When Isiah left IND, they vastly improved, and even won 60 games in a season. Isiah is still at fault, he's the GM TOO. He traded for those players. If they're not producing, he has failed as a GM, which is something we've witness repeatedly. I can't spell out a plan, I know I can explain it to you, but I understand how I would spell out a plan unless I d o t h i s. Try to make more sense, or choose to type in English.

Hey kid, what does Haslem's defense have to do with "Dirk "learning" how to rebound""? You lost this agruement once again. The more you reply to this, the more off topic you go away from what you said earlier. Dirk knows HOW to rebound. I've said he isn't a banger, thats very obvious. But you need to know how to rebound to be top 10 in the NBA every year in rebounding. You don't average 9-10 rebounds a game without knowing how to rebound. You were wrong on that statement. Plus, Dirk averaged like 12 rebounds in the Finals and out rebounded Haslem. You make no sense really.

"You an idiot?" Cavemen are Knick fans now? Speak English. If you want to prove your theory correct, calling me an idiot would make you look inferior, ignorant and intelligent. I don't want you to do that to yourself now.

I smoke crack? LOL Is that your comeback? I guess thats your way of saying "I can't prove your points wrong and I co-sign with them, I so I'll call you a crackhead." People here talk about personal insults, I got this guy calling me an idiot and a crackhead. This is my thread, and it will be no personal attacks. I'm too intelligent to lower myself to your level and reply back with an insult. Keep the crackhead/idiot talk out of here, thanks.

Everyone in the NBA are "unique players that have exceptional skills", thats why they're in the NBA. You proved nothing to the agruement here though. You spent more time talking about me smoking crack than talking about Crawford and Curry. Lets discuss basketball and not drugs, okay? Crawford and Curry are not franchise players. They're 3rd and 2nd options who don't play defense and are turnover prone. Yes, they're unique offensive talented, and very excited to watch them when they're hot. They're both great kids too, none of them are trouble makers and they present themselves well on the MSG channel. These aren't the guys you want leading your franchise. They've proved in Chicago they can't win games, and they're proving in New York they can't carry the team to W's.

I never knew 18 year old's were "kids". You're presenting yourself like a child with your insults, lack of explaining your theories, and you show alot of frustration on the computer. I'm a working proud college student, a Freshman yes. I have alot of learn in life, and I know that. I got my report record, and I got a 3.5 GPA, but I feel theres always room for improvement. I go to college and work for my family and my self. I want to keep them proud. I'm far from a kid, you shouldn't look down on me because I'm younger than you. I never said I had all the answers, why are you assuming things now? You're that frustrated? I just asked you kindly to explain and proved your points, you failed. Don't get mad at me over it, and especially don't get frustrated and troll with negative personal attacks on me. I'm open to discuss basketball with you, even if your theories are distant from reality as it gets, but when you start saying I smoke crack, you take the lost.

4hc2i5d.jpg

Sorry, I had to post that, I love to joke. If you didn't see the video..check in the Hangout section I posted.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm still waiting on reading your plan to fix the Knicks. Do you have one or are we going to read more pointless posts?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Metro you aspire to be me. I WENT to College. I have an English minor. I know without the shadow of a doubt that I'm far more intelligent than you. I started correcting you and now you do it with every minor mistake I make. I work on 24 hr call. AS THE HEAD OF MY DEPARTMENT, I make decisions whether it be 1 PM or 1 AM. Yeah, sometimes I respond and I'm tired. What's your excuse? I could really care less what you think of me simply cause you are inconsequential. In idot speak, you simply don't matter. The fact that you assume that you do, is well pathetic and laughable. I pay more in taxes, than you probably made last year. I have a wife, a department to run, a network to facillitate, family, and friends. Where in that equation do you think you fit in? GET OVER YOURSELF. You probably don't matter anywhere else, so why would you matter to me? By the way, I think it's cute you still write your responses in the same format when I first told you off. They say copying is the sincerest form of flattery (I know it's really Imitation, but this is the same thing right?). Everyone is happy you got a computer loaded with Adobe Photoshop for Christmas. However, your plan like the Don said is still not outlined. Quit the bullshit blah blah blahing and commit to a strategy for the team. So far all I've read is trade everyone. That's obviously not feaseable (that's possible in idiot speak, just so you can follow along to). I don't photoshop lame little banners to show I have marginal intelligence (apparently you do). Dirk is a terrible situational rebounder. In this sense, he is still learning. His career average is 8.6. David Lee has grabbed bigger rebounds in clutch situations. THAT'S WHY HE STILL LEARNING (MY OPINION JACKASS.) Ask Kenny Smith, he'll say the samething too. He said that after tonight's game where Josh Howard grabbed 11, while Dirk grabbed 7. Good thing I said it first.

What do turnovers have to do with defense? Turnovers are an offensive problem. Defense happens when you don't have the ball. Turnovers happen from a lack of concentration. Isiah has no control in this area. Only the players do. Make them take responsibilites for THEIR mistakes.

If you want to prove your theory correct, calling me an idiot would make you look inferior, ignorant and intelligent

the word is UNintelligent. But subliminally you wrote intelligent, cause it's true.

18 yr olds can vote, but they can't drink. That privilege is strictly for adults.

My self is myself. Most people that speak English know that it's one word, not two.

I'm a working proud college student, a Freshman yes. I have alot of learn in life, and I know that. I got my report record, and I got a 3.5 GPA, but I feel theres always room for improvement. I go to college and work for my family and my self. I want to keep them proud. I'm far from a kid, you shouldn't look down on me because I'm younger than you. I never said I had all the answers, why are you assuming things now?

When I read this part I got misty. I heard violins, and I felt horrible....I really didn't. You write rude responses. So when those rude responses are returned in kind, you resort to this? Read you responses, anyone who sees things differently than you is an idiot. I don't look down on you. I just hate your rude responses. Speak to others with respect, most normal people enjoy that.

Again, say something relevant or say nothing. I know your going to crack and say, I have no job. In advance...that's so original! I can post my credentials. Can you?

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You're right with Dirk's rebounding skills. A couple of years ago one of the greatest rebounders to play the game who goes by the name of Charles Barkley spoke on Dirk's rebounding. He said that he gets "garbage" rebounds and his numbers on deflate how soft he really is. He called him a powderpuff lol. And it's true...watch the games you'll see him get the rebounds after everyone is trying to get back on D since the Dallas is known for their full-court offense. Another thing you should tally are offensive rebounds. These are the harder rebounds to get because you usually have to be physical and fight for these boards...Out of 9.5 rebounds a game, he only averages 1.5 offensive rebounds a game. That's horrible for someone who is supposed to average a double-double a game (Even though he's technically never averaged a double double). It also helps to be a somewhat athletic 7 footer. So he's going to get rebounds naturally like that but most of them are still garbage rebounds. He's soft, can't bang with the big guys and charles barkley said it best...powderpuff lol. Garbage rebounds folks garbage rebounds...

metrocard

Legend
I'm still waiting on reading your plan to fix the Knicks. Do you have one or are we going to read more pointless posts?

The only one with pointless post in this thread are you, I'm going to discuss that in another thread.

Metro you aspire to be me. I WENT to College. I have an English minor. I know without the shadow of a doubt that I'm far more intelligent than you. I started correcting you and now you do it with every minor mistake I make. I work on 24 hr call. AS THE HEAD OF MY DEPARTMENT, I make decisions whether it be 1 PM or 1 AM. Yeah, sometimes I respond and I'm tired. What's your excuse? I could really care less what you think of me simply cause you are inconsequential. In idot speak, you simply don't matter. The fact that you assume that you do, is well pathetic and laughable. I pay more in taxes, than you probably made last year. I have a wife, a department to run, a network to facillitate, family, and friends. Where in that equation do you think you fit in? GET OVER YOURSELF. You probably don't matter anywhere else, so why would you matter to me? By the way, I think it's cute you still write your responses in the same format when I first told you off. They say copying is the sincerest form of flattery (I know it's really Imitation, but this is the same thing right?). Everyone is happy you got a computer loaded with Adobe Photoshop for Christmas. However, your plan like the Don said is still not outlined. Quit the bullshit blah blah blahing and commit to a strategy for the team. So far all I've read is trade everyone. That's obviously not feaseable (that's possible in idiot speak, just so you can follow along to). I don't photoshop lame little banners to show I have marginal intelligence (apparently you do). Dirk is a terrible situational rebounder. In this sense, he is still learning. His career average is 8.6. David Lee has grabbed bigger rebounds in clutch situations. THAT'S WHY HE STILL LEARNING (MY OPINION JACKASS.) Ask Kenny Smith, he'll say the samething too. He said that after tonight's game where Josh Howard grabbed 11, while Dirk grabbed 7. Good thing I said it first.

What do turnovers have to do with defense? Turnovers are an offensive problem. Defense happens when you don't have the ball. Turnovers happen from a lack of concentration. Isiah has no control in this area. Only the players do. Make them take responsibilites for THEIR mistakes.

If you want to prove your theory correct, calling me an idiot would make you look inferior, ignorant and intelligent

the word is UNintelligent. But subliminally you wrote intelligent, cause it's true.

18 yr olds can vote, but they can't drink. That privilege is strictly for adults.

My self is myself. Most people that speak English know that it's one word, not two.

I'm a working proud college student, a Freshman yes. I have alot of learn in life, and I know that. I got my report record, and I got a 3.5 GPA, but I feel theres always room for improvement. I go to college and work for my family and my self. I want to keep them proud. I'm far from a kid, you shouldn't look down on me because I'm younger than you. I never said I had all the answers, why are you assuming things now?

When I read this part I got misty. I heard violins, and I felt horrible....I really didn't. You write rude responses. So when those rude responses are returned in kind, you resort to this? Read you responses, anyone who sees things differently than you is an idiot. I don't look down on you. I just hate your rude responses. Speak to others with respect, most normal people enjoy that.

Again, say something relevant or say nothing. I know your going to crack and say, I have no job. In advance...that's so original! I can post my credentials. Can you?

Why even read the 1st paragraph? All I see is depression, low self esteem and sexual frustration. You have alot of hate behind that computer guy. Be more relaxed when you post. If you can't handle the forums, you shouldn't be here. Theres no need to write what you wrote in the first paragraph. Lets keep on basketball, I said that the last 4 post I made on here, but yet you've failed to do that and you got my off topic with non basketball discussion. This is why I can

Right...you're far more intelligent than me? You have an English minor, but you fail to type simple words correctly. I'm not trying to bust your chops here, but you're trying too hard. I notice your self esteem is low when you debate with me, and you have to look for insults to make you feel you holding a debate now. Like I said I'm not going to insult you, I'm better than that. Theres no need to lower myself to your classless level. I don't know what "In idot speak" means, but I guess its you trying too hard to get me frustrated. Its not going to work, I don't get frustrated on the computer. You could try and try, but you'll end up losing wasted your time and getting frustrated over nothing. Its nice you have all these things in your life, but yet you still seem unhappy and display alot of anger here. I could type alot of bullshit about myself, ALOT. But that'll be a waste of time. I don't need to prove myself to someone as low as you.

Like I said, you failed to explain how Dirk is still "learning" how to rebound. You must know how to grab a rebound in order to average 8.6 rebounds for your career. Dirk has been averaging over 9 rebounds a game as a super star. Dirk doesn't play around the paint, thats why his offensive rebounding numbers are low. I said, and I TOLD YOU, Dirk isn't a banger. This is obvious. Everyone in the world knows this. There is no such thing as "Garbage" rebounds. Every rebound counts and is important. The ball just doesn't fall to you. You need to be in the right situation and be alert of the ball. You make it sound like anybody can average 8.6 rebounds for their career. BTW, David Lee is one of the best rebounders in the NBA, comparing him to Dirk to make Dirk look like a bad rebounder doesn't prove your agruement at all. Accually thats weak on your part. A bad rebounder is Tim Thomas.

The 1 and Only, 10 rebs a game is great, but 9 rebs a game isn't bad at all. Its Dirk's fault for grabbing defensive rebounds now? You're telling me that the opposing team doesn't fight for the rebound and they just let Dirk grab it, you think its that easy huh? Honestly, we know Dirk isn't an offensive rebounding machine, this so repeated. That isn't what the AGRUEMENT is about. The guy said Dirk is "learning" how to rebound, when he has had the same rebounding numbers the last 4-5 years. Dirk always been the same rebounder, nothing changed, he knows what he can bring to the team. Why do you think Dallas signed Dampier and Diop? They needed offensive rebounders, Dirk doesn't play around the paint, they needed bodies in the paint.

dr.carpy, what do turnovers have to do with defense? A couple of things accually. When you turn the ball over, your team has to defend more possesions. Why make the defense work harder, especially knowing our defense is already weak.

Hey, everyone dr. carpy finally put together a well written sentence and made a point(a point that co-signs with my idea and helps my agruement). Yes my little friend, Turnovers happen from a lack of concentration. Lack of concentration happends from lack of discipline, repition. Isiah obviously doesn't repeat his method enough to his plays. So when they're on the court, they're not focused enough. If you watch Jazz, Dallas, Laker or San Antonio games, you notice all the guys are on the same page. They excute the plays and communicate well with each other. Our offense? Its alot of one on one, isolation, no assisting, turnover by turnover. The way we win games is by hoping the other team has a bad shooting night. I don't want the Knicks to play like that. I want to play hard defense every night, grind it out(they're capable of doing this), and playing smart basketball. Stop the turnovers and capitalized on double teams. Eddy Curry could average 2 assist a game if he wanted, and only average 2 turnovers a game. Instead he forces things. Eddy Curry is dominant offensively when he lets the game come to him. When he has a bad game, its usually because he's forcing everything out there. Turnovers are VERY IMPORTANT, they're the biggest reason this season we've been under .500.

Fine, I made one typo. You're happy now? You know what I meant, and you got the point. You could keep throwing insults at me, you're still going to look ignorant and stupid.

This guy said "18 yr olds can vote, but they can't drink. That privilege is strictly for adults." LOL...what does that have to do with basketball?

I hurt your feelings now? My responses aren't rude, I'm just clearly making points. You're just too stubborn, frustrated and angry to cosign or be reasonable. I co-sign with you when I see a point made in your post, just like in this post. It seems it hurts you when I prove my points and you can't. So I guess you take that as rude. If you want respect from me, you have to earn it. Calling me a crackhead, idiot, etc. Thats not going to work. I respect everyone's views in here equally. I think you need to get over the past, I admit I did clown on you too much in the past and you were probably offended. Nobody is perfect, including myself. That was a mistake by me, but you need to get over it. The 1 and Only and I went at it for a week, but we got over it and realize we're on the same team. Now we discuss reasonable everyday. I'm not even sure you're on the same team. You seem more of a Patrick Ewing fan than a fan of the Blue and Orange Jersey. But thats alright, as long as you support the Knicks, I'm cool with you. Take it easy.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You got me all wrong, my words weren't meant for an arguement...it was a statement and it stands alone. He's 7 feet tall. He's going to get defensive rebounds. To prove how great his rebounding skills are just look at his game log. Against all the good rebounders...he has a weak rebounding game. It's just that simple...he can't bang and he's not physical so that translates into not being a good rebounder. He averages 9 rebounds a game but again Barkley said it best...they're garbage rebounds. This a whole new aspect of the game folks. He's a great scorer. A great great scorer. But rebounding comes naturally only because he's 7 feet tall and he's a lil more athletic than the average 7 footer. He doens't have the mentality just look at the stats. 7 boards against O Neal...decent I give him his props right there. But let's go from the beginning....4 rebounds against houston? 5 against KG? 6 against Toronto? 2 in Philly? 4 in New Orleans? Rebounders are consistent for the most part. There is no such thing as " I didn't get my rhythm on the boards tonight" or "My rebound game was off tonight". Rebounds are effort stats. I've already beat him up on is offensive rebounding game but then he doesn't even get defensive rebounds on these occasions. Again he gets garbage rebounds. When you're seven feet tall...most of the defensive rebounds will fall in your hand...but against good rebounders the ball just doesn't fall in your hand and this is why he had these poor numbers...for those reasons and he's soft lol.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You got me all wrong, my words weren't meant for an arguement...it was a statement and it stands alone. He's 7 feet tall. He's going to get defensive rebounds. To prove how great his rebounding skills are just look at his game log. Against all the good rebounders...he has a weak rebounding game. It's just that simple...he can't bang and he's not physical so that translates into not being a good rebounder. He averages 9 rebounds a game but again Barkley said it best...they're garbage rebounds. This a whole new aspect of the game folks. He's a great scorer. A great great scorer. But rebounding comes naturally only because he's 7 feet tall and he's a lil more athletic than the average 7 footer. He doens't have the mentality just look at the stats. 7 boards against O Neal...decent I give him his props right there. But let's go from the beginning....4 rebounds against houston? 5 against KG? 6 against Toronto? 2 in Philly? 4 in New Orleans? Rebounders are consistent for the most part. There is no such thing as " I didn't get my rhythm on the boards tonight" or "My rebound game was off tonight". Rebounds are effort stats. I've already beat him up on is offensive rebounding game but then he doesn't even get defensive rebounds on these occasions. Again he gets garbage rebounds. When you're seven feet tall...most of the defensive rebounds will fall in your hand...but against good rebounders the ball just doesn't fall in your hand and this is why he had these poor numbers...for those reasons and he's soft lol.

The 1 you don't have to argue your position because you are correct. Every one up here with half a brain knows that you are correct. Dirk just started to step up two years ago. Prior to that every one said he could be an elite player but that he was soft and settled for the outside jumper. So it's obvious that you aren't going to get alot of boards if you are settling for jump shots. This shit is a no brainer. How is he learning to rebound? He is "learning" because in the past he has not been a consistant rebounder and still is not. The 1 you just proved it by quoting current game states. But if you look at that and know the history, then there is no argument.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Thanks for the props man. You'd think it would be a no brainer but I guess not. It's not really a diss to Dirk's game...it is what it is. His stats with his showcase of game proves that he soft and he gets soft, garbage rebounds. He's a great player but not in this aspect of the game. His numbers in the rebound category is inflated and everyone knows it...

metrocard

Legend

Stop clinging on to Barkley's words, speak your own mind, garbage rebounds is just taking credit away from one of the hardest working men in the NBA. You forgot to say Dirk had 6 offensive rebounds 3 games ago. and 15 total. You named all of Dirk's bad rebounding games this season? That doesn't help your agruement at all. Dirks is #5, NUMBERO CINCO in the NBA in double doubles. Dirk is on a list with Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard. All these men are consider elite or above average rebounders. To disagree you would be wrong. Everyone body has a bad game, Dwight Howard had 3 rebounds against Phoneix this season and 7 against the clippers. But why would I use that, why I know, everyone in the NBA knows he's one of the best in the league? Same goes for Dirk. Taking credit away from Dirk isn't going to prove your point, it justs prove you're trying too hard to make him look like Tim Thomas, when Dirk is an automatically double double. Double Doubles do NOT fall to you, ever. You have to work hard on both sides on the court.

He finishes top 10 in the NBA in rebounding every year. Theres no such thing as garbage rebounds, even if you consider them Garbage rebounds, Dirk is very consistant at getting them.

Rebounds are effort stats? When he averages 8 defensive rebounds per game, 9.5 total rebounds, thats not good?

Wrong, you obviously never played basketball before. Most of the rebounds do not fall to you. You learn at an early age how to be in the right position and be alert for the defensive rebound. Just because you're 7 feet doesn't mean you're automatically a great rebounder. Peter John Ramos is one of the worst rebounders of all time, and he's 7"3. Yao Ming is 7"5, and he isn't the most dominant rebounder in the NBA. He barely averages 2 offensive rebounds per game, and he's always in the paint. Theres much more to the skill of rebounding than being tall. Look at Barkley and many others. Jason Kidd is a great rebounder and he doesn't even bang. He's alert on the defensive boards. Rebounds do NOT fall to you ALL or MOST of the time. You have to box out or beat your man to the ball. This is part of awareness. Dirk is top 5 in the NBA in defensive rebounds this year, how can all them fall to him?

Dallas is 4th in the NBA in least rebounds allowed. Dirk is very good at attacking the defensive boards. You're trying to say defensive boards are irrevelant or don't matter? You think it would be better for a player not to attack the defensive boards and let the opposition get the offensive rebounder? Defensive boards prevents shot attempts for the other team, which is part of winning the basketball game. Giving up rebounds, turnovers, fouling will equal loses. Dirk averages 9.5 rebounds a game, only 2 turnovers a game, and 2 fouls, (Something Curry is so distant from doing, he does the total opposite) He obviously plays to win. Avery Johnson is a great coach too, Dallas being 4th in the NBA with least rebounds allowed shows they're not a soft team anymore. The Dallas of 2-3 years ago were soft. Plus, Dirk 3pt shooting rate has gone down, he's relied more on close-mid range buckets, he's taking more higher percentage shots. I remember one season he finished tops in the NBA in Free Throw attempts. Guys who get alot of free throw attempts aren't soft. Dirk's game is FINESSE and he plays smart basketball. To call him soft is insulting his style, and that doesn't help your agruement at all. Dallas is top 5 in the NBA in rebounding difference +3.79, thats a huge part of winning, beating your man on the rebounds. Thats what Dirk has done all season. Dirk doesn't need to bang cause he has Josh Howard, Dampier, Diop on the roster. His job is to beat his man for the defensive rebound, it just doesn't fall to him most of the TIME, Dallas was on ESPN yesterday, you think people leave Dirk open all the time? :teeth:

Speaking of rebounding difference, its amazing Knicks have a +5.13 rebounding difference. We could really capitalize that, that alone gives a CHANCE to win games every year. We just need to get rid of all the turnover prone players and the guys who don't want to play defense here. I seriously still have hope thanks to guys like David Lee, Richardson, Balkman. Hopefully we keep that stat consistant.

7 Feet has nothing to do with his rebounding, Most 7 footers are slow and lack agility. Dirk accually have good speed for a 7 footer and agility. To disagree you would be wrong. Kurt Thomas, Marion, Brand are all undersized, but yet they're amazing rebounders. Same with David Lee. Its because they have the bodies to bang in the post and they're extremely agressive.

donchris, averaging 9.5 rebounds isn't consistant? You just made 1 and Only's agruement look worse.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Again I'm only going to argue what's worth arguging about if you get my drift.

"Stop clinging on to Barkley's words"

Man don't be mad because I have a legend backing up on what I've said. Read my earlier posts before I ever mentioned barkley and you will see what I'm talking about.

"You named all of Dirk's bad rebounding games this season? That doesn't help your agruement at all."

Did you read my post where I said that true rebounders don't have off nights? I shut you down in that aspect man. You've never seen Dwight Howard, Charles Barkley, Boozer, Duncan, Brand or anyone of that caliber get 2 or 4 rebounds on several occasions.

"Dwight Howard had 3 rebounds against Phoneix this season and 7 against the clippers."

Did you realize that Howard only played 19 minutes that game? So there's a reason he had 3 rebounds lol. Come on man you can't be serious with this.

I think you skim people's arguement because you obviously....obviously missed the entire point of my post. You lose mad respect from me when you assume on me personally. Obviously you never played big man before lol because when I ball...on defense...I am between my man and the ball and when the shot goes up I box out and jump to the ball at it's peak. That's not much effort man...box out your man and get the ball. On offense...that is the effort because you must fight around the person that is boxing you out and get the rebound. Dirk is 7 feet tall playing power foward in the western conference where they're arent many tall power fowards other than TD. The active PF are harder to keep up with but if you know how to box out and I'm sure Dirk knows how to, you hit the defender back on his heels and box out and jump for the board. It's cake. You can't seriously call this an arguement because I picked apart like it was nothing. I know you can do better than this. But still I respect your opinion...

metrocard

Legend
Again I'm only going to argue what's worth arguging about if you get my drift.

"Stop clinging on to Barkley's words"

Man don't be mad because I have a legend backing up on what I've said. Read my earlier posts before I ever mentioned barkley and you will see what I'm talking about.

"You named all of Dirk's bad rebounding games this season? That doesn't help your agruement at all."

Did you read my post where I said that true rebounders don't have off nights? I shut you down in that aspect man. You've never seen Dwight Howard, Charles Barkley, Boozer, Duncan, Brand or anyone of that caliber get 2 or 4 rebounds on several occasions.

"Dwight Howard had 3 rebounds against Phoneix this season and 7 against the clippers."

Did you realize that Howard only played 19 minutes that game? So there's a reason he had 3 rebounds lol. Come on man you can't be serious with this.

I think you skim people's arguement because you obviously....obviously missed the entire point of my post. You lose mad respect from me when you assume on me personally. Obviously you never played big man before lol because when I ball...on defense...I am between my man and the ball and when the shot goes up I box out and jump to the ball at it's peak. That's not much effort man...box out your man and get the ball. On offense...that is the effort because you must fight around the person that is boxing you out and get the rebound. Dirk is 7 feet tall playing power foward in the western conference where they're arent many tall power fowards other than TD. The active PF are harder to keep up with but if you know how to box out and I'm sure Dirk knows how to, you hit the defender back on his heels and box out and jump for the board. It's cake. You can't seriously call this an arguement because I picked apart like it was nothing. I know you can do better than this. But still I respect your opinion...

No one is mad, you may be for being have to quote a Barkley saying for this debate. Mentioning Barkley makes your agruement look pretty weak.

I respect your opinion, you just need to bring what your theories on this, no one else, this is what we're doing. We're sharing opinion and facts with each other.

Wrong, you shut me down in that aspect? 100% Wrong. Dwight Howard had a 3 rebound game once this season. True rebounders never have off nights? Carlos Boozer had 5 rebound game this season. Tim Duncan had a 4 rebound game this season, plus two 5 rebound games. Elton Brand is averaging less rebounds than Dirk this season, he had a 3 rebound, a 4 rebound game twice this season. But what does this prove? Obsolutely nothing. You're logic is totally invalid and proves no points. Call of these men are GREAT rebounders, some of the most elite group of rebounders you can in this world. Your logic totally has backfired on you, and you shut yourself down. Everybody in the NBA has an off night in a season. Hell, Kobe had 8 points his recent game, does that mean he has no ability to score? Or "He's still learning how to score?" Hell no, Kobe is the best offensive weapon in the NBA. Dirk finishes top 10 in rebounding every year. Nash will have nights where he doesn't have 10 assist. Thats why average numbers are important. They literrally TELL YOU what this player does on Dirk, and Dirk on an average game rebounds 9-9.5 rebounds per game. Thats pretty good, accually quite elite if you don't think so, then just stop discussing this. Disagreeing to that is like disagreeing that Steve Nash can't pass or Kobe can't score.

Jumping for the ball at peak's is not much effort? You probably grabbed one rebound all year, rebounding is physical work, on both sides, you have to box out no matter if its on offense or defense if you're playing in the paint. Since when boxing out takes no effort? You have no be joking, or seriously going with some far feteched statements to help your agruement. Rebounding takes effort on both sides. If you said there are some rebounds that fall to you easily, I would say you're 100% correct, and I would co-sign to you. But you didn't. You clearly stated that most rebounds fall to you, and I corrected you.

Now you have to be tall to rebound? I already proved you wrong on this, but I guess you didn't want to reply to it. Reggie Evans, Elton Brand, Boozer, Shawn Marion, David Lee, Jason Kidd, Caron Butler, etc. These guys aren't the tallest guys on the league, but they still average a great ammount of rebounds. They have great awareness, a quick jump, and the passion to rebound and not let other opponents get easy offensive rebounds(This is one of Dirk's strength).

Kevin Garnett , Carlos Boozer, Marcus Camby, Tyson Chandler, Yao Ming , Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Reggie Evans, and Elton Brand all player in the Western Conference. Dirk has to battle with these every night, especially since 6 out of these 10 players play the PF position. So you're trying to take away credit from Dirk cause they're not enough rebounders in the Western Conference? You've been proven wrong yet again. Theres alot of elite rebounds in the Western Conference. Dirk doesn't get it easy, he's not playing in the WNBA. Try to find another theory that will take credit from Dirk's rebounding, call of your theories have came out invalid, extremely false statements by you.

You picked nothing apart, you shot yourself in the foot in a couple of times, You also avoided most of the points from my previous post proving you couldn't hold those other topics down. Only points I've seen made by you in this post "Players don't have off nights" and "Rebounding takes no effort". This agruement takes no effort me, considering you've made mistakes that I can correct, I came here to co-sign, you've could of said "NBA players have off nights" Or "Every player in the NBA has learned how to rebound, thats why they're in the NBA" Or Even "Most rebounds do not fall easily to players, Players have to box out, and be alert on the floor". You said none of these things. What's ironic is that you've said the total opposite, I can't co-sign with false statements, Sorry.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I like the scam you try to run on every one of my posts lol. On everything I say you TRY to stretch it. Let's provide several examples.....

"Hell, Kobe had 8 points his recent game, does that mean he has no ability to score? Or "He's still learning how to score?" Hell no, Kobe is the best offensive weapon in the NBA. Dirk finishes top 10 in rebounding every year. Nash will have nights where he doesn't have 10 assist. Thats why average numbers are important. They literrally TELL YOU what this player does on Dirk, and Dirk on an average game rebounds 9-9.5 rebounds per game. Thats pretty good, accually quite elite if you don't think so, then just stop discussing this. Disagreeing to that is like disagreeing that Steve Nash can't pass or Kobe can't score."

You see this...notice how you let the "Off-night" notion spread into scoring and assists. I only talked about how a good rebounder never takes a day off yet you bring up scoring and passing to make an assist. You don't have to watch basketball and realize people can struggle to put the ball in the hole. Assists is a stat on how well people can finish after a pass is made. So how is it that you're struggling to get an assist if it's the guys fault for not finishing? What you're saying right here doesn't prove anything. You're babbling right here.

"Now you have to be tall to rebound? I already proved you wrong on this, but I guess you didn't want to reply to it."

Oh I didn't reply to it? "The active PF are harder to keep up with but if you know how to box out and I'm sure Dirk knows how to, you hit the defender back on his heels and box out and jump for the board." That was my reply to you and it's almost like an agreement. Like what I said, you don't fully read my posts. If you want to argue with me than read my posts, read on what i'm trying to say instead of assuming because I always have something for you when you assume.

"So you're trying to take away credit from Dirk cause they're not enough rebounders in the Western Conference? You've been proven wrong yet again."

I want you to show me where I said this. I'm serious about it this time because I'm tired of people telling me I said this and I said this. Go ahead and show me and prove to the world that I'm right. It's crazy how you stretch out my words to strengthen your argument.

"Jumping for the ball at peak's is not much effort? You probably grabbed one rebound all year, rebounding is physical work, on both sides, you have to box out no matter if its on offense or defense if you're playing in the paint."

It doesn't take much effort if you have a 35+ vertical leap and you're naturally a physical player lol. You're a guard so you know what 1 rebound feels like. I have some ruptured tendons in my finger that would beg to differ to your assumptions LOL.

"They have great awareness, a quick jump, and the passion to rebound and not let other opponents get easy offensive rebounds(This is one of Dirk's strength)."

Again i've said this. You basically just said defensive rebounding but instead you just used multiple words to help your argument. I've said this at the very beginning. Remember when I brought up his defensive and offensive rebounds? That's why he averages 8 defensive rebounds a game so he must be good at it lol. I'm knocking his offensive rebounding. You FIGHT for offensive rebounds not necessarily for defensive rebounds. That's if you box out of course. Quit arguing on things that we've agreed to...you would know this if you would read my posts.

And it's funny how you want to correct me and everyone on this thread when you can't even spell Frye's name right. It's frye in stead of fyre. Just a suggestion man just a suggestion...

Now this is where I argue after all the corrections. lol

"you have to box out no matter if its on offense or defense if you're playing in the paint."

How do you box out someone that is boxing you out? lol You obviously must play guard because you're dead wrong with that one.

"Wrong, you shut me down in that aspect? 100% Wrong. Dwight Howard had a 3 rebound game once this season. True rebounders never have off nights? Carlos Boozer had 5 rebound game this season. Tim Duncan had a 4 rebound game this season, plus two 5 rebound games. Elton Brand is averaging less rebounds than Dirk this season, he had a 3 rebound, a 4 rebound game twice this season."

I'm glad you're trying to full everybody again with the same stat line I corrected you last time. Do you even read my posts before arguing? lol Howard had 3 rebounds in 19 minutes. HE ONLY PLAYED 19 MINUTES. Quit with the half-truths. Dag Carlos Boozer had one 5-rebound game. I've named several off nights for dirk and you can only come up with one for boozer. Yes maybe I was wrong for saying "never" but for you to just bring up one bad game not only proves that Boozer is an excellent rebounder but you prove how bad Dirk is when you only just bring up 1 bad game for a true rebounder. Not very strong for your argument man. And I can never argue with duncan. The man plays through some many injuries that's unknown to the public it's not even funny. And I'm talking about real injuires...none of that soft stuff. So I really can't comment on that. And with brand...he's averaging 8.9 rebounds a game and that's well below his average. Also his minutes have dropped too...did you notice that? And quit naming 2 or 3 games and say these are they're off nights. I've named you several....several games and the best you can come up with is 2 or 3 games? We aren't even half way through the season yet and I've named you several examples from dirk which is probably the same number you're going to get with the guys you've just named for the whole season.

Kevin Garnett , Carlos Boozer, Marcus Camby, Tyson Chandler, Yao Ming , Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Reggie Evans, and Elton Brand all player in the Western Conference. Dirk has to battle with these every night, especially since 6 out of these 10 players play the PF position. So you're trying to take away credit from Dirk cause they're not enough rebounders in the Western Conference? You've been proven wrong yet again. Theres alot of elite rebounds in the Western Conference. Dirk doesn't get it easy, he's not playing in the WNBA. Try to find another theory that will take credit from Dirk's rebounding, call of your theories have came out invalid, extremely false statements by you.

Are you sure about this? Dirk is not a great defender...in fact he's a horrible defender. The man doesn't even average a block nor a steal but that's a different story lol. Battle against these guys? lol Do you notice Dirk guards the weaker players when they play these teams i.e. elson or oberto against the spurs, kaman against the clippers, etc. You're crazy if you think avery is going to matchup dirk against these guys because he would be in foul trouble before the "great rebounder" in him emerges. And it's funny that you say my theories ar false or invalid sense i've just proved you wrong again with another piece of evidence... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDNn8N-icws. Look at the first play of the tape and tell me what dirk does lol. I know its just one play but actions are much more valuable than your words. Oh yea, you're right bowen pushes alot of people out of the post but Dirk is bowen's biggest opponent when it comes to defense so saying he pushes alot of people out of the post isn't saying much. You state very little facts and when you do...they are half truths. And when they aren't, they are just opinions. Opinions are very hard to argue with. Instead of telling other people what they should do, you need to check your own posts before attack someone elses...just another suggestion...

I don't mean to attack you like this but regardless I respect your opinion. There's nothing wrong with a nice healthy argument.

metrocard

Legend
I don't try to strech anything my friend, I'm just explaing my points, nothing more. Its simple.

The 1 and Only, I brought up other catorgories because players in the NBA have an off night. Everyone has some. Theres 82 games in the season. This isn't the NFL where theres 16 games, plus playoffs. You need to understand my point that no one in the NBA is perfectly consistant, guys will have an off night cause either fatigue or the shots aren't just going in. The reason why guys like Kobe, Dirk, Nash are NBA stars is because they produce and can bounce back from off nights.

Fine, you agreed you don't have to be tall to rebound, don't bring up Dirk's height, its totally irrevelant. Especially you knocked the Western Conference for last of tall PF's, when its irrevelant. They have great rebounders. Lets agree on that.

"You FIGHT for offensive rebounds not necessarily for defensive rebounds. That's if you box out of course. "

Thats my point, you said most of the rebounds fall to Dirk, as if the opposition never boxes out. I corrected and said you have to box out or be in the right position for defensive rebounds. This debate started when you said the ball just falls to him, without explain. You've explained yourself better. But we'll agree you need to box out for the boards, some do accually fall to players, I totally acknowledge that. But players don't go into the game thinking that.

"I'm glad you're trying to full everybody again "

I don't understand this at all, must be a typo. Reread your post before you press the submit reply button.

Yeh, 35+ vertical leap and naturally physical. Tim Thomas has had this all his career, but he's been an awful rebounder all his life. But I'm not going to take that statement seriously since you ended it in a LOL.

Please stop this. You're proving nothing right now. 3 rebounds in 19 minutes is poor. It doesn't matter how much he played, in 19 minutes, Dwight has 6-7 rebounds. It wasn't a good rebounding game. and if you watch Dwight, he gets alot of his rebound in the 1st quater. He's the best rebounder in the game with a couple of offnights. I named you atleast 3 off nights. You gave me 4...whats BIG DIFFERENCE? 3-4? Is this your best agruement? Honestly, it proves nothing. We've been through this off night thing, you even agreed with me and proved my point. Every good rebounder has an off night.

Oberto? Did you even watch the Spurs Dallas game at all or are you talking out of your ass? Oberto plays strickly in the PAINT, something Dirk doesn't do. Dirk doesn't need to guard Oberto.

Dude, you make no sense. You replied to my paragraph where I clearly stated "Try to find another theory that will take credit from Dirk's rebounding, call of your theories have came out invalid, extremely false statements by you."

And you go on talking about his defense? Once again you go off a different track. Hit your punchlines, you could of stated something else that would prove Dirk was "learning how to rebound"(I've noticed you've thrown that theory away also, I missed that one it was accually my favorite one :teeth: ).

Dirk isn't known for his defense, but he's been a career 1 stl/blk guy, which is a positive. One on one, who cares? Dirk gets paid to score and reb, and be the franchise player of an elite NBA team. No one is paying him for his defensive ability. We've known he's not a good defender, why do you think Dallas has so many defensive guys like Howard, Dampier, Harris, Diop? To make the game easier for Dirk.

Its funny you show that video, Dirk took Elson off the dribble, posted him up BODY TO BODY and for the score. Dirk has been doing this more and more and taking less 3pt shots. I murked your "soft" theory, I'm glad you were smart enough not to reply back to that, especially when Dirk finish tops 5 in the NBA in Free Throw attempts. The first play on the game? Who cares, I saw the whole game. That doesn't prove anything at all. It just proves my point again, Dirk was in the right place at the right time, he has great AWARENESS. Thanks for helping me and favoring my side on this debate. You really do all the effort for me, appreciate it.

I state little facts? Thats your opinion and most likely a compliment, you said I stated facts. I'm not going to diss you, I don't feel its necessary, I think the end of your last paragraph came off with a little frustration that you couldn't reply to most of the points I've mad, or you couldn't co-sign. Kinda a cheap shot to say "I state little facts", when you've come to co-sign with my facts and when you ignore the ones you can't debate with, meaning you've agreed and can no longer hold the debate or you just got tired of elobrating on your pointless point.

Nah, I don't need to check my own post, I state what's valid. I have no personal bias or anything. I'm not an Isiah apologist, a Larry Brown apologist. I'm just an open minded basketball fan who likes to discuss the NBA, and in a forum when someone says something false, I'm here to correct. Don't get offended, I just like debating.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I can't argue with you anymore man...I state facts....back it up with more facts and yet you think you still prove me wrong lol. When I have other people personal messaging me and posting on here not to argue with you because you don't make sense...I should have listened lol. My respect is dwindling and I'mma stop before I lose all respect from you. Me and Dr. C when at it long before you got here and we managed to reach middle ground....seems like all is lost for you my friend. I tried...I really tried.

You're in denial. You don't stretch the truth? I named you 3 to 4 reasons how you stretched the truth yet you still don't? I forgot you "never" stretch the truth.

"I'm glad you're trying to full everybody again "

Dag still in denial. Nope not a typo...in fact I'll type it again....I'm glad you're trying to full everybody again. Understand now?

"Thats my point, you said most of the rebounds fall to Dirk, as if the opposition never boxes out."

If you're going to average 9 rebounds a game...you're going to have to box out. I thought that was a given but obviously you didn't read between the lines. This basketball man...not a science.

"Yeh, 35+ vertical leap and naturally physical. Tim Thomas has had this all his career, but he's been an awful rebounder all his life. But I'm not going to take that statement seriously since you ended it in a LOL."

Tim Thomas....physical....haha. Dag yous shoot put your posts in the comedy column because I definitely get at least one good laugh after I read your post. Come on man, quit playing, that's not what you really mean lol.

"Please stop this. You're proving nothing right now. 3 rebounds in 19 minutes is poor."

Am I not proving anything? Let me give you something for your mind...he didn't play the whole first quarter because he was in foul trouble. Do you even watch these games or sportscenter? Is this reason why he fouled out in 19 minutes?? Perhaps....

"I don't understand this at all, must be a typo. Reread your post before you press the submit reply button."

All I have to say is Frye instead of Fyre lol.

"Oberto? Did you even watch the Spurs Dallas game at all or are you talking out of your ass? Oberto plays strickly in the PAINT, something Dirk doesn't do. Dirk doesn't need to guard Oberto."

Son...I'm not telling you what has to happen. I'm telling you WHAT happened. It's obvious you didn't watch the game because for the most part...that's who he was guarding. HE WAS NOT GUARDING TIM DUNCAN. Get your facts right.

"Dude, you make no sense. You replied to my paragraph where I clearly stated 'Try to find another theory that will take credit from Dirk's rebounding, call of your theories have came out invalid, extremely false statements by you.' "

haha how are YOU, going to tell me what I replied too? I'm not going to respond to that. Do you have that crystal ball I told you to go buy at walmart? lol Another assumption. I can't believe you're telling me what i meant to say....

"And you go on talking about his defense? Once again you go off a different track. Hit your punchlines, you could of stated something else that would prove Dirk was "learning how to rebound"(I've noticed you've thrown that theory away also, I missed that one it was accually my favorite one )."

Isn't this the reason I said that is a different story and I didn't get into that? Throw that with the rest of your silly comments in the trash. Were you high when you wrote this?

"I murked your "soft" theory"

Anyone agree? I haven't heard anyone agree. Barkley is at Dirk's games...I think he knows a lil bit more than you do so I'mma stick to my opinion....S-O-F-T.

"I state little facts? Thats your opinion and most likely a compliment, you said I stated facts. I'm not going to diss you, I don't feel its necessary, I think the end of your last paragraph came off with a little frustration that you couldn't reply to most of the points I've mad, or you couldn't co-sign."

Me get frustrated at at.....at you?? hahaha come on man you're too good at comedy, you need to give this post thing up and go to some club and do some comedy or some junk like that. I don't get frustrated at inept comments like yours that you can't back up with any evidence...any expert opinions, or anything else for that matter therefore I can't respect it. Step ya game up man step ya game up. In fact, I've not only responded to most of your comments...I've basically shut them down. NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU...NO ONE. So for me to get mad or frustrated at you would be wasting my time lol. You're the one that should be mad. You haven't proved me wrong once...you just give your opinion instead of facts and you celebrate lol. Come on man...it's going to take more than your opinion to shut me down. And I know you're going to respond back with some more non sense so I'm expecting it and I'm ready to expose it as garbage like usual.

"Nah, I don't need to check my own post, I state what's valid. I have no personal bias or anything."

Oh you don't need to check your own post? Frye instead of Fyre. And you have no personal bias? You're more radical than Osama bin laden lol. Give it up. We all know you're biased. I know it, donchris knows it, all the moderators know it, we get your point of view. It's just that I don't agree to it. I've stated facts, not only my opinions and I've backed them up. Face it, you're not going to prove me wrong. As of right now I respect your opinion, but if you keep putting garbage like that last post then that I respect that I have for you right now is going right back to the trash with half of your posts so please man...state your facts with opinions and not half-truths and half-assumptions about my posts. Read my post, then read it again, then read it again, then read it again. And if it's too deep for you....just ask me what it means and I'll break it down for you. But for you to assume what it means just kills your credibility in my eyes. Just a suggestion...but for right now...I still got props for your posting skills...you are a worthy opponent lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.