The thread to end them all: Post your plan to fix Knicks here

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
To get artest you would give up Frye and another small contract like Jeffiries to match salaries. Also, Sacremento would not want a over priced hurt player like Frances. I think Sacramento would make that trade, especially if Artest is not going to resign. I think it is a good trade for the Kings as well, Frye would do real good in the western up-beat tempo. Not sure about Artest to the Knicks though, he is a great defender but a poor teammate and even worse off the court. Might be the wrong role model for the young players. I like artest and I've been against him coming here in the past but I think I would have to make that trade but only if I knew that I had another deal in the works to bring in a 4 to replace Frye. Jamison can not be signed since we are over the cap, and what does the Knicks have that Washington (and former Knicks GM EG) would want back in a sign and trade (aceept Frye who would be traded for artest)? Curry? Then that leaves a hole at the 5 spot. They do not want any of our guards... So how would we get him? I love Antwan J! I think he is a great player, not the strongest D, but he would be better than Frye in the post. He also a proven Veteran with 5 years left in the league. Instead, maybe we can get Eaton Thomas from them in a trade. Again, not sure if they would take a guard for him, maybe QR. I know that the Wizards wanted QR for Kwame so EG likes him. Maybe try to sign Varejao in the off season. Could probably get him for the mid?!?!?! 6' 10" grabs rebounds plays D.... Sounds like someone the Knicks need.

metrocard

Legend
To get artest you would give up Frye and another small contract like Jeffiries to match salaries. Also, Sacremento would not want a over priced hurt player like Frances. I think Sacramento would make that trade, especially if Artest is not going to resign. I think it is a good trade for the Kings as well, Frye would do real good in the western up-beat tempo. Not sure about Artest to the Knicks though, he is a great defender but a poor teammate and even worse off the court. Might be the wrong role model for the young players. I like artest and I've been against him coming here in the past but I think I would have to make that trade but only if I knew that I had another deal in the works to bring in a 4 to replace Frye. Jamison can not be signed since we are over the cap, and what does the Knicks have that Washington (and former Knicks GM EG) would want back in a sign and trade (aceept Frye who would be traded for artest)? Curry? Then that leaves a hole at the 5 spot. They do not want any of our guards... So how would we get him? I love Antwan J! I think he is a great player, not the strongest D, but he would be better than Frye in the post. He also a proven Veteran with 5 years left in the league. Instead, maybe we can get Eaton Thomas from them in a trade. Again, not sure if they would take a guard for him, maybe QR. I know that the Wizards wanted QR for Kwame so EG likes him. Maybe try to sign Varejao in the off season. Could probably get him for the mid?!?!?! 6' 10" grabs rebounds plays D.... Sounds like someone the Knicks need.

Varejao would be an excellent back up center for this team.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Cap,SCHMAP,Dolan makes more money than GOD!!!!!Sign Jamison to last long enough until Marbury and Francis's contracts all expire at the same time!!!If it doesn't work,the contracts will all expire at the same time and we'll be under the cap for the 1st time since the Lord knows when!!!Then we'll have approximately 20 mil in cap space for L.James,D.Wade and even KG!!!!!!!Spend Dolan's money until then who cares!!!!

George M.

Benchwarmer
Who Cares???

If the penalty is just paying luxury tax to sign Jamison or someone like that that can help elevate this club in the short term until all those bad contracts expire,then,Who Cares????If there is a bigger penalty than that,then someone please inform me!:cool:

George M.

Benchwarmer
Crawford Must Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shooting less than 40% form the field is not cutting ti in my book!!!!!We need to trade this turkey b4 he costs us a playoff berth!!!!!!!!!!!! Yo Metrocard,put Crawford & Isiah together in a picture with Bozo the clown getups on!!!!!!!!!Forget that Curry crap!! Crawford's freelancing is killing this team!!!!!:machinegun:

George M.

Benchwarmer
Metrocard,Crawford needs to go for a more consistent shooter!!We have plenty of defensive players on the bench!!!!!! Do Collins,Balkman,etc. ring a bell!!!!!!!!!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree...but who would want JC? Maybe Seattle or another team that would want to shake there team up. Marbury, Q-Rich, and Curry...these are our scoring options and they need to be emphasized in the offense...if that's possible right now since they are all averaging 20+ points in the month of Jan. But the puzzling questions that this team was facing at the beginning of the season are now starting to be answered....

George M.

Benchwarmer
I agree...but who would want JC? Maybe Seattle or another team that would want to shake there team up. Marbury, Q-Rich, and Curry...these are our scoring options and they need to be emphasized in the offense...if that's possible right now since they are all averaging 20+ points in the month of Jan. But the puzzling questions that this team was facing at the beginning of the season are now starting to be answered....
AT THIS POINT IN TIME,I THINK MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE MO PETERSON IN TORONTO.AS FOR SEATTLE I DON'T KNOW,I WOULD WANT RASHARD LEWIS FOR HIM AND NATE BUT WHO KNOWS.CRAWFORD DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY WITH HIS ERRATIC PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

George M.

Benchwarmer
AT THIS POINT IN TIME,I THINK MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE MO PETERSON IN TORONTO.AS FOR SEATTLE I DON'T KNOW,I WOULD WANT RASHARD LEWIS FOR HIM AND NATE BUT WHO KNOWS.CRAWFORD DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY WITH HIS ERRATIC PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABSOLUTELY CRAZY WITH HIS ERRATIC PLAY IN MY LAST POST,SORRY!!

metrocard

Legend
Metrocard,Crawford needs to go for a more consistent shooter!!We have plenty of defensive players on the bench!!!!!! Do Collins,Balkman,etc. ring a bell!!!!!!!!!!

Collins and Balkman get no playing time, Isiah is too hard headed to play them. We need Artest, minus Crawford's and Robinson's minutes. Give those minutes to Collins and Balkman.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Cap,SCHMAP,Dolan makes more money than GOD!!!!!Sign Jamison to last long enough until Marbury and Francis's contracts all expire at the same time!!!If it doesn't work,the contracts will all expire at the same time and we'll be under the cap for the 1st time since the Lord knows when!!!Then we'll have approximately 20 mil in cap space for L.James,D.Wade and even KG!!!!!!!Spend Dolan's money until then who cares!!!!

The only issue with this is the NBA rules! You can not sign anyone over the mid if you are over the cap. The NBA has a hard cap, not a soft cap like baseball. So signing Jaminson is out of the question! Unless we get Washington to do a sign and trade. The player I think that we can sign for the mid and can help us is Varejo from Cleveland.

paris401

Starter
CAP SCMAP... no u can't sign him... and even if u could, u say if it doesn't work, we will be out of cap hell in 2009 and then can sign garnett..

garnett will be 33/34 by that time... that's going to help us??

George M.

Benchwarmer
OK,I get it!!!! Hard cap!!!

Then I think the best move for the club would be Artest because of his offensive skills,not just his DEFENSE-(Metrocard)!!He would kill 2 birds with 1 stone!!!He can hit 3's,score off the dribble,and play in the low post like Larry Johnson used to as well as play good defense!!!! If we were only giving up Crawford & Nate for him,great for us!!!But if we have to give up Frye as well,then No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:peace:

George M.

Benchwarmer
CAP SCMAP... no u can't sign him... and even if u could, u say if it doesn't work, we will be out of cap hell in 2009 and then can sign garnett..

garnett will be 33/34 by that time... that's going to help us??
What about LeBron and D.Wade????????????????????????

is artest definitely on the trading block? also, does anyone think prying jermaine o'neil from the pacers would be smart/possible?

George M.

Benchwarmer
Yo Metrocard!!!!!!!!!!!1

I saw your post on Isaih needs to make a trade thread from a month ago!!That post tells me you're an IDIOT!!!!Totally F@#$%NG Clueless!!!!!!!! You know what I say to you and your ideas/opinons??? BALLS IN YOUR JAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:barf: :whack: :machinegun: :couto: