The thread to end them all: Post your plan to fix Knicks here

metrocard

Legend
Metro i just had a real quick question for you. How many playoff series has superstar Marbury won? And don't give me the excuse he's never had any talent around him. Because Jason Kidd took Keith Van Horn and Kerry Kittles to finals.

Obviously Crawfords performance last night isn't a real gadge on what type of player he is. But if you really would take a 30 + year old Marbury over Crawford you are nuts. I really don't understand everybodies love affair with Marbury. He was born and raised in New York, big deal. What has he ever done to help this team. I'm not going to argue that hes playing good basketball right now. But when u look at the big picture by the time this team gets turned around he won't be here. Well unless he resigns for a contract that he's worth (but if you really think loyalty and all the garbage he spits matters to him your dead wrong.) The fact the guy refers to himself as Starbury is a joke.

But i'm not going to have this arguement cause theres no winning it with you type of fans. You say I've drank the Isiah kool aid or whatever but 90 percent of this site has drank the Marbury kool aid the only difference is Isiah atleast was a winner. Marbury hasn't won a damm thing since Lincoln High School.

You guys are the same fans that think Steve Francis and Nate Robinson are going to land us KG.

Who cares how many playoff series Marbury has won?

Marbury is the best PG on this team, and thats final. Theres no debating this. He isn't the best option at PG in the NBA, but he's above average. Don't be so damn stupid and don't ask me stupid questions like that. I hate it when people waste my time on here. I'm on a very busy scheduele with school/partying, fall back. Thanks.

Marbury isn't 30+, WRONG AGAIN.

What are you trying to say? Because Crawford is younger, he's better than Marbury? LOL, so does that mean Travis Diener is better than Marbury and any other younger PG is better than him? Once again, your logic goes in the toliet. FLUSH!!!.

Marbury accually led this team to the playoffs against the New Jersey Nets, last time we were in the playoffs. Lenny Wilkins > Isiah as a coach. And thats a very sad thing. Wilkins was a teacher, not a players coach.

When this team gets turned around, Crawford won't be here either. Crawford adds more negatives to the team than positives. When we get rid of the clown duo of Dolan/Isiah, and get the RIGHT management, the Knicks organization will realize what Chicago realized 3 years ago. Crawford and Curry are losing players. Loser players = loser team. They're one dementional and can't be depended on to lead a NBA team to the playoffs. They're talented, no question, but they do not equal the right formula.

3 years ago, people would say Raja Bell and Diaw were NBA scrubs. The Suns disagreed. These were multidementional defensive players who don't turn the ball over or make stupid mistakes. They have high basketball IQ, and know how to play with 3 all stars in Shawn Marion, Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire. This is what WE LACK. Formula, a foundation. Isiahsexuals like YOU will never understand this, because you have zero grasp of the NBA or how things work.

With that point being made, Isiah is a winner? LMAO, Pacers got much better when Isiah left, Isiah isn't a winning GM or Coach. He was a winning player.

Hey, heres an idea for you. Get the hell out of this forum if you're only an Isiah fan. This is the Knicks forum. Marbury has his faults, I even bashed Marbury alot last year. But this year he has given me no reason for me to bash him. He's played great defense, pass the ball very well, and doesn't chuck shots like Crawford or make stupid turnovers like Curry.

I have a question for you. How far do you think this team can go under Isiah and why?

Full rebuild. Fire Isiah, fire all his sidekicks and hired staff, and start over.

This won't happend because Dolan is in charge.

Guys, we have a terrible foundation and horrible complimentary pieces on top of that shaky foundation.

This is not how you build a contender. This is not a team that's been assembled to grow and contend. It's generally peaked. You let it continue you can subtract the initial bad November start and call us a ~.500 team - and that's what you will get next year, the year after that, and so on and so forth.

Last edited:

George M.

Benchwarmer
Dag...I know I'm not the only one...but I thought garbage knick fans were officially off this site...especially when no one agrees or acknowledges his "theories" of building a successful team.

Back on topic....

I like the signing of Varejao...that's if he doesn't want to return to Cleveland. I like Deng but if we have to trade Frye for Deng then that would hurt the development of Balkman. I like and have enough faith in balkman that I think we should let him develop into a deadly defensive stopper. Deng isn't going to do that for us. But I would sign Varejao in a heartbeat...Q-Rich's D has been a major factor and Marbury has stepped it up on D also. Subtle moves, developing our young players, and letting contracts expire is the best thing we can do while letting our chemistry grow stronger.
FYI guys,on ESPN.com,they said Malik has an early termination option on his contract after this season.He might just opt out of his contract b/c he doesn't get any minutes.This was on the free agent page.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Metro you may be one of the most ignorant Knicks fans I’ve ever seen. Just look at your cute little pictures below your posts. Isiah has made some of the worst personnel moves the world has ever seen, but on the flip side he's made some tremendous ones. Tracy McGrady, Damon Stoudmire, David Lee with the 30th pick, and Balkman who the whole world including myself thought was an awful pick.

Personally I really can’t really complain about anything Isiah has done coaching wise this season. If I were the coach I’d start David Lee but Fyre was your number 7 pick and you really don’t want to shatter his confidence this early by moving him to the bench. And if you really think about it Fyre would never be the spark of the bench Lee is, so it’s kind of a catch 22. But other than some little things I really can’t complain about his overall coaching this year. It’s not his fault that his players choose not to show up for a game and fall behind 27-3. That’s a matter of personal pride a player should have inside of himself to not let that happen. Would that run ever have happened with John Starks, or Charles Oakley on the team? No chance in Hell.

As far as my plans to fix the team… It’s going to be tough. There’s no 3-step plan that’s going to fix this team. But I really wish posters on the forums would stop posting these outlandish trades. We’re not getting KG, Artest, Rashard Lewis, or any of the other names that have been thrown on there.

Below are a few doable ideas that may help this team.

Hire Charles Oakley or Patrick Ewing as an assistant coach:
Now I know Ewing quit his previous job to have time to watch his son play basketball but I really think if the team made him the right deal he’d consider coming aboard. If not Charles Oakley would be a good choice. Mark Aguirre obviously knows what he’s doing working with the Big guys on the offense side of the court but if you bring in a Ewing or Oakley to the staff they can hopefully teach Curry and Frye more of the defensive and rebounding tricks and tactics they direly need. Also both guys know what it takes to play under the spotlight of NY

Look to make minor deals.
Malik Rose has an awful contract but I find it hard to believe that a veteran team in need veteran bench help wouldn’t be interested. Now I’m not saying making a trade for a player or anything of that nature. My idea is trade him for a 2nd round pick and pay some of his contract to make it more appealing to the other team. I figure we’ll be drafting at around the 20th position due to the Eddy Curry trade. So maybe if a player that would really help us is available at say the 17th pick we could package our #1 and the second rd pick we acquired from the Rose trade. Worst-case scenario we keep this second pick. Again Isiah may be shitty at trades but he did draft Ariza in the second round.

Buyout Francis Contract
As much as we’d all like to think somebody would take a shot and give us a good young player for Francis its not going to happen. I know he has an 80 rating in NBA2k but that’s about the highlight of his season. He’s old with a bum knee and just isn’t the same player. Cut your loses and move on.

Be harder on Players like Nate and Jamal
We all want to be a playoff team this year but even if that somehow happened we wouldn’t be a contender. This is why I say when Nate or Jamal puts up one of their bonehead shots or passes immediately send them to the bench. If you remember Larry Brown did that with Crawford last year and by the second half of the year he was by far our best player I don’t remember the exact stats but he was averaging around 16 points and 6 assists the last 30 games or so. Mardy Collins has shown no offense this season but one thing you know a Temple kid will do is play defense. So if Nate doesn’t want to commit to defense or Jamal wants to the turn the ball over yank them out of the game. It may cost a game now and then but in the long run it will make us better.

Posters like Metro slurp Marbury constantly but don’t realize, every time the Knicks win it seems like Crawford has an instrumental role in the victory. Also he has a great repertoire with Curry whom the team is obviously trying to build around.

Crawford is still young. He makes stupid plays but you can’t give up on him yet.

Just a few thoughts. Nothing major but i really thing growth, chemistry and small tweaks here and there are what the team needs.
Excuse me,GetRealistic:I am one to differ with you about Crawford.He's the picture of inconsistency!He misses so many wide open 3's,he makes my head spin!!He should not be a starter at the 2.Strictly a bench player until he can consistently hit wide open shots.

paris401

Starter
FYI guys,on ESPN.com,they said Malik has an early termination option on his contract after this season.He might just opt out of his contract b/c he doesn't get any minutes.This was on the free agent page.

nope he is signed for 2 more years.. next year 7.1m, the following year 7.6m.. he is tradeable in feb 09 as an expiring contract... until then he's our's..

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Oh my god...I bodied slammed mad people in here...just reading the first 3 pages is hilarious enough.

2005_0518_Comic%20Book%20Guy.JPG

Worst. Post. Ever.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Metro you deserve to be the King of this forum the way you held it down, you had everyone goin against you and you bodied everyone of them. Theres no one else that even entered my mind with the MVP debate, thats all you brother.

metrocard

Legend
2005_0518_Comic%20Book%20Guy.JPG

Worst. Post. Ever.

We know you fat, but stop posting , k thanks.

Metro you deserve to be the King of this forum the way you held it down, you had everyone goin against you and you bodied everyone of them. Theres no one else that even entered my mind with the MVP debate, thats all you brother.

I got so much heat in this thread, everyone personally attacked me without me attacking them, but I still shut it down completely...I even surprised myself with the stuff I came up here. Those guys didn't look too bright back then and they don't look any brighter now.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
My plan for fixing the Knicks is very simple. DO NOT re-sign anyone one on the Knicks, and do not TRADE anyone on the Knicks, except Curry, Jeffries and Richardson. Curry should be traded, because of his terrible defense, and Quentin Richardson and Jeffries should be traded, because they are TOO injury prone.I would take ANYONE for Curry(even a 40 year old player) just to remove that terrible defensive attitude that's smeared on the Knicks. If I can't get a good deal for Richardson or Jeffries, I'll just start Balkman, and bring Chandler off the bench till their contracts expire. Then, I'd draft good defensive Centers and ball handling point guards in the draft. I'd also try to sign a free agent for a 1 YEAR deal, so that we aren't stuck with the player, if they don't play well.

George M.

Benchwarmer
If Metro is the King of this forum,then you must be his salad tossing QUEEN!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHMUCK!

George M.

Benchwarmer
and you must be a prick
Same to you champ.From July 1st 2008 - Feb 21 2009 is when we can really begin to see and hear speculation and rumors about what will be done with Marbury and M.Rose's contracts.Those contracts should be used in an attempt to get a superstar or to help clear roster and cap space.I think that the safer move at this point is to clear as many players off this roster as possible!! But if someone legitimate can be had (Garnett 7 for 1 for example) then do it if not,blow it up! This dysfunctional team is making me sick!!!

Agreed, good job metro. I only lasted a couple of months and i couldn't take it anymore with these guys. Way to dig in and let time show that you were right throughout all of the personal attacks!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

If Metro is the King of this forum,then you must be his salad tossing QUEEN!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHMUCK!

Sounds good but Im a man so I cant be his salad tossing Queen. We need to find a bitch.........your a girl right? George is short for Goergetta but you too dumb to be a queen. You just the intern bitch that everyone gets to F*ck like Marbury. Nah, f*ck that your too ugly of a bitch we'll see what King Metro says but if it was up to me I'd cut your f*ckin head off and mail it to your mother. You know what, I'm curious.....is your mom as ugly as you are?

Thanks for havin my back NicksKnicks and George M. is a prick. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 members on here everyone wants him gone.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Sounds good but Im a man so I cant be his salad tossing Queen. We need to find a bitch.........your a girl right? George is short for Goergetta but you too dumb to be a queen. You just the intern bitch that everyone gets to F*ck like Marbury. Nah, f*ck that your too ugly of a bitch we'll see what King Metro says but if it was up to me I'd cut your f*ckin head off and mail it to your mother. You know what, I'm curious.....is your mom as ugly as you are?

Thanks for havin my back NicksKnicks and George M. is a prick. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 members on here everyone wants him gone.
Really,I'm a prick? Wow,ooooooh.You is a dumb sumbitch.Your sister is that dumb intern bitch that Marbury screwed.BTW bitch,how do you find time to post with Metro's ding a ling jammed in your mouth????? I respect Metro as much as i dislike him.He is a character.You on the other hand are just one of his BITCHES!!!!!!!!