David Lee already losing minutes!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Now that the whole team is back it looked like last night that David Lee will be the one losing playing time.Am I missing something here?? has'nt this guy been the Heart and Soul of this team this year.He plays his butt off everynight averging a double/double and winning games for the Knicks.Now that the team has all the players back he is the one that loses playing time?? He only got 23 minutes lastnight!! Whats wrong with Isiah is he crazy?? You can't just take a players minutes away EXSPECIALLY David Lee's!! He is a beast out there on the court.He rebounds,hustles,a team leader,and brings the energy that brings this teams wins.

The Knicks announcers were shocked alnight b/c David was'nt getting to play.They were confused b/c they are thinking like I am,you can't just sit a player like that exspecially after everything he has done this year.WAKE UP ISIAH!!! If you want to win then you have to play David Lee!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I completely agree! I also think Balkman should get more minutes as well. The both of them hustle every minute and just have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. So what is Isiah to do? Channing Frye has been playing great lately as well, and I still think Jeffries is a better defender than Lee. Maybe Isiah should start Lee at the 3 spot, with Frye at the 4. Then bring in Jeffries off the bench at the 4 spot, Balkman at the 3 and slide Frye over to center. That would be a small, quick and lengthy bench unit. Anyway, I guess this is a good problem to have.

NYKnicks15

Starter
you do know that weve won 3 in a row with him on the bench right?

i like David Lee, hes a great player. great in the sense of his play is exactly what we need. hustler etc. but 23 minutes all though not huge minutes is still minutes. thats more than anyother reserve gets. he comes on the court and brings energy. but we are still winning with him on the bench.

not to bring race in this cause all that does is spark controversy. but a good topic nonetheless. i am white, get that in your heads before i say this. BUT David Lee is VERY VERY overrated by white people. hear me out, even when he was doing half of what he was doing this year (last year) in our 6 game winnin streak where he only played around 23 minutes and was beasted on by every SF he was still praised!!

he is good. dont get me wrong. but lets not put our personal feelings in front of basketball logic. we are winning with him on the bench, no matter how you look at it 6'11 in three spots is better than 6'11, 6'9. unless he plays SF which I still think he is too slow to play.

and Balkman. i like balkman and what he brings. but its an up and down thing. one night he gets 15 rebs and 3 blocks and steals the next he shoots 0-3 horrible from the free throw line and has 3 pfs and 3 to. hes very erratic and still needs work.

all im sayin is the rotation of Curry/Frye/Lee/Jeffries with a little Balkman throwin in WORKS. its been working. dont critique Isiah for winning that makes NO SENSE. what we should be ranting and raving about is how Nate Robinson is GAINING minutes.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
Lets not lose it here. D-Lee is the man and he aint going no where. He played 25 min against PHI; 6 Board 9 pts. He played 28 min against SEA; 10 boards 10 pts.

We got three wins in a row. A win is what's important. Besides, Lee injured his hand in the Seattle game and still played hard against Philly. I am sure, in light of that fact that he was glad that the other bigs were able to pick up the slack.

NYK are a young and deep team. In time, the rotations will sort itself out. In the mean time having 8 starters on a young team is a good problem to have.

Now WHEN Lee becomes a starter he will average 35 mpg like all of the other elite staters in the league. In the end this is nothing to be concerned about. Please don't forget who drafted Lee. NO other team wanted him. He was the 29th or 30th pick. But there all sorry now.

ONE FINGER UP!!!!!!!

Stats for the season:

Crawford - 36 mpg
Marbury - 35 mpg
Curry - 33 mpg
Q-Rich - 33 mpg
D-Lee - 30 mpg
Jeffries - 29 mpg
Frye - 27 mpg
Francis - 26 mpg
Robinson - 20 mpg
Balkman - 14 mpg
Rose - 10 mpg
James - 6 mpg
Cato - 5 mpg
Collins - 4 mpg

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
NYKnicks15,I don't know if your post was directed torwards me but I did'nt saying nothing about wanting him to be a starter.I just said he does'nt deserve to lose minutes after all he has done this year.Im white and I by no means think Lee is overrated.As a player he has more passion then anyone out there on the court.He gives it 120% everynight out there playing.I just don't think he should lose minutes b/c of somebody else coming back.I think he out plays Jeffries most of the time BUT I don't mind him coming off the bench b/c he still gets his rebounds,steals,blocks,and gives the bench players energy.

Maybe you are right about him not playing as much b/c of his injured hand!! I hope thats the case.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
you do know that weve won 3 in a row with him on the bench right?

i like David Lee, hes a great player. great in the sense of his play is exactly what we need. hustler etc. but 23 minutes all though not huge minutes is still minutes. thats more than anyother reserve gets. he comes on the court and brings energy. but we are still winning with him on the bench.

not to bring race in this cause all that does is spark controversy. but a good topic nonetheless. i am white, get that in your heads before i say this. BUT David Lee is VERY VERY overrated by white people. hear me out, even when he was doing half of what he was doing this year (last year) in our 6 game winnin streak where he only played around 23 minutes and was beasted on by every SF he was still praised!!

he is good. dont get me wrong. but lets not put our personal feelings in front of basketball logic. we are winning with him on the bench, no matter how you look at it 6'11 in three spots is better than 6'11, 6'9. unless he plays SF which I still think he is too slow to play.

and Balkman. i like balkman and what he brings. but its an up and down thing. one night he gets 15 rebs and 3 blocks and steals the next he shoots 0-3 horrible from the free throw line and has 3 pfs and 3 to. hes very erratic and still needs work.

all im sayin is the rotation of Curry/Frye/Lee/Jeffries with a little Balkman throwin in WORKS. its been working. dont critique Isiah for winning that makes NO SENSE. what we should be ranting and raving about is how Nate Robinson is GAINING minutes.

I'm glad you brought that up. It's a true statement but very understandable. It's just like if a guy from Jersey stops saves the life of a little old lady and all the people from Jersey cheer him on. This sport is dominated by Black players so it's natural for White fans to cheer on the very few "American" White guys that can ball. I don't know if I think Lee is over rated. I think Frye is defiantly over rated. But you may have a point. There are a lot of postings about Lee not getting minutes. My point has always been that Lee should NOT start. He should get as many minutes has we can give him off the bench. Some fans do want to elevate Lee more than I think he deservers. We've got the best bench in the league and I think we should keep it that way.

metrocard

Legend
Lee should be starting, he does all the physical dirty work Curry doesn't do.

This should be the starting line up

Marbury
Richardson
Jefferies
Lee
Curry

Bench
Crawford
Fyre
Robinson
Balkman
James
Collins

Francis has no place on this team really.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Perfect plan...there's just one problem...who's going to rebound and play defense off of the bench? Crawford? Frye? Oh yes...Nate-Rob? You disappoint me again...you hear that...that was the last ounce of respect I had for your abilities to post. This shall be the last post I aim towards you...you are not worthy of my presence...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont think david lee is overrated because hes a white american players his numbers speak for him, especially his rebounding numbers but he is a great player no because of just his talent or just his effort but both are always there. He got the fundametals from his 4 years in college and his energy and hustle come from within him. This is the one isiah move that has me thinking the most. All of the controversial signings and trades that isiah made i can see what he was thinkin on MOST of them (excluding the signing of King James) but i dont know why lee isnt in the starting lineup. Isiah said when jeffries first came back that he didnt want jared to feel like he was being punished for sticking up his teammate but i think hes gotta put lee in their cuz lee is just straight up better then jeffries. I would actually rather see frye comin off the bench as a backup for curry and lee and q rich as the starting small forward. What will Isiah do? Only time will tell but I'm guessin hes gonna keep the starting the same and Lee's minutes will have a small drop from 30 to between 25 and 28.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I see what you're saying...I would love for Lee to start PF. In fact, I endorse him to. The question is will frye bring the same effort off the bench as Lee. We have to remember, we all have our favorite players but do you want your favorite player to succeed or do you want the team to succeed? If Frye brings the same effort as Lee does off the bench then yes there is no problem but if Frye is garbage off the bench then will we be better or worse?

metrocard

Legend
Perfect plan...there's just one problem...who's going to rebound and play defense off of the bench? Crawford? Frye? Oh yes...Nate-Rob? You disappoint me again...you hear that...that was the last ounce of respect I had for your abilities to post. This shall be the last post I aim towards you...you are not worthy of my presence...

Balkman, stupid.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
At least at the beginnning of last year frye looked like an all star comin off the bench then i think he lost his confidence as did the rest of the team. The question is has frye become accustomed to starting or would he still be able to bring instant offense off the bench? Idont think we'll get an answer, Isiah will probably keep the lineup as it is.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I would'nt mind seeing Lee start but like the last guy wrote would Frye bring the same intensty to the floor like Lee brings?? I don't think so. The only thing that I Stated when I started this topic was him losing minutes.I did'nt say anything about him starting.I think he is perfect coming off the bench b/c like today we was down and Lee came in and we went on a run to go ahead by six.Now if Lee was starting and we was down I just don't see Frye pumping up the knicks team and getting them on a big run.

If Frye keeps shooting like he has been draining those 18 foot jump shots then he should start!! Besides like I said earlier Lee does great off the bench and he gets the knicks back to the funtimentals if they are doing bad. I do think he deserves more minutes thow!!!

metrocard

Legend
I would'nt mind seeing Lee start but like the last guy wrote would Frye bring the same intensty to the floor like Lee brings?? I don't think so. The only thing that I Stated when I started this topic was him losing minutes.I did'nt say anything about him starting.I think he is perfect coming off the bench b/c like today we was down and Lee came in and we went on a run to go ahead by six.Now if Lee was starting and we was down I just don't see Frye pumping up the knicks team and getting them on a big run.

If Frye keeps shooting like he has been draining those 18 foot jump shots then he should start!! Besides like I said earlier Lee does great off the bench and he gets the knicks back to the funtimentals if they are doing bad. I do think he deserves more minutes thow!!!

Lee > Fyre

pansy.gif