Lets trade for Hakeem Warrick!!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
After the season the Grizz is having they are some rumors about that he may be gone.They say he is having a breakout season this year so if hes availible then would you trade for him and possibly Gasol??If so who would you trade??Hakeem Warrick would be great off the bench and Gasol if the crowd does'nt eat him alive then he could play at Forward.

Im not good at making trades but heres mine

Nate,Francis,Jarred Jeffries for Gasol and Warrick??

OR

Nate,Francis,Kevin Kato for Gasol and Warrick??

OR

Nate,Francis,Jorome James for Gasol and Warrick??

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Warrick is a wonderful talent, no question. But he plays the same position as Lee, and I doubt Grizzlies would want to trade Gasol and Warrick, their two best fowards in the same deal. I could see Warrick going to the Nets tho.

But its not a bad idea, good sense of talent radar, Warrick has been under the Radar for a while.

paris401

Starter
if i was jerry west, i would not trade paul gasol for anyone on the knicks... u can give me the whole knick roster... i still would not do that trade...

the grizz's are having a lousy season, but just imagine they win the lottery, get olden... possibly the 2nd coming of the twin towers, tho i must say i have seen olden 1/2 dozen times this year, and not overly impressed.

gasol on the other hand, i like... a lot..

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Yeah you guys are right the trade would'nt work!!it would just make the forward position that much crowded.I do think we should trade Kato and Francis away b/c Kato does'nt play none and Francis has worn out his welcome.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
After the season the Grizz is having they are some rumors about that he may be gone.They say he is having a breakout season this year so if hes availible then would you trade for him and possibly Gasol??If so who would you trade??Hakeem Warrick would be great off the bench and Gasol if the crowd does'nt eat him alive then he could play at Forward.

Im not good at making trades but heres mine

Nate,Francis,Jarred Jeffries for Gasol and Warrick??

OR

Nate,Francis,Kevin Kato for Gasol and Warrick??

OR

Nate,Francis,Jorome James for Gasol and Warrick??

No offense to DavidLee is #1 but those trade are not good at all. Hakim is a bench player and you want to trade Francis for him? No Offense. If Isiah really want Hakim, he would be better off trading Balkman and Rose. Bench player for bench player.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
Knicks none of those guys. They have a strong youth core which they're not using to full capacity. I.T. wants a veteran team that's in mid twenties. I personally feel that the missing pieces for the NYK is in Sacramento. Brad Miller and Ron Artest!!

E.C. Needs a big man that can hit the long range consistently. This will allow less double teaming of Curry because a big man will have to go out of the box to guard Miller.

Think about it:

Marbury
Q-Rich
Curry
Miller
Artest

Crawford
Lee
Collins
Balkman
James

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Knicks none of those guys. They have a strong youth core which they're not using to full capacity. I.T. wants a veteran team that's in mid twenties. I personally feel that the missing pieces for the NYK is in Sacramento. Brad Miller and Ron Artest!!

E.C. Needs a big man that can hit the long range consistently. This will allow less double teaming of Curry because a big man will have to go out of the box to guard Miller.

Think about it:

Marbury
Q-Rich
Curry
Miller
Artest

Crawford
Lee
Collins
Balkman
James

Yes.

Miller is aging and becoming injury prone, if he's healthy than another yes. But Miller is a question mark.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I would'nt mind having Miller but the only thing that worries me is can Artest keep his cool and CAN he handle the NY media??

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I love artest's work ethic. The problem is like what you said...he can be a loose cannon at times. But at St. Johns...he never NEVER had this problem. One man...Mike Jarvis (who also coached Patrick Ewing in HS by the way). He was a father figure for him and that's what he needs now. Isiah might not be that kind of figure because at times he can be a loose cannon too lol. But he is intelligent enough to know when to get mad and lash out when he's off the court. But when he's on the court...like most people under a competitive atmosphere...sometimes he loses his cool and lets his competitive nature get the best of him. Artest would be great here but that would be another offensive option with Curry, Q-Rich, and Marbury. Chemistry will definitely be affected...but would it be for better or for worse?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
From what I hear and read, Memphis is loosing money and they are looking to trim down the salaries. I also think they would keep Gasol but trade one of their youth players if it includes Miller and another high contract. So, I would see if we could get Rudy Gay for our 3 spot and I would take Miller and say Cardinal's salary. Since we have Frye and Lee, we do not need Warrick, in my opinion. Rudy Gay is the player we need from Memphis.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
We should leave the line up as is. Make minor changes if the opportunity presents it's self but one player can make or break this team. I am against a move that would bring Artest to NY. Name one team that Artest has played on and has not been a problem. I don't think our young players need to be exposed to his antics. No doubt Artest has a strong defensive presents but I think his cons out weigh his pros. I'd hate to see the Knicks have another divided locker room like the Brown year.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Gasol asked to be traded today!!!

They are three teams that are in talks with the Grizz.The only team that JW wanted to mention was the Bulls.

Sources throughout the NBA disclose the 7-foot Gasol, an elite post-up performer, as tough a cover as there is within 15 feet of the rim, suddenly is eminently obtainable. Distressed at management's rebuilding-with-adolescence mood, the 271/2-year-old has asked to be traded to a playoff-positioned ensemble that, of course, would be instantly transformed into a legit title contender.

The offended Grizzlies aim to oblige.

I put this out there with utter certainty. Infallible informers report Grizzlies president Jerry West has explored prospective trade arrangements with at least three teams regarding Gasol. In order to protect my sources, the only one I'm willing to identify for the time being is the Bulls.

That may be enough. Obviously, Gasol's low-dock dealing (averaged 18.5 points on 50.5 field-goal accuracy his first five seasons as a pro before missing most of this season due to foot surgery) is what Chicago's off-shore drilling outfit needs.

The Bulls also own what Memphis wants, namely Luol Deng ($2.6 million) and Ben Gordon ($3.86M). In order to satisfy salary/transaction specs, Chicago would have to include P.J. Brown ($8.56M). I'm told the Grizzlies are prepared to add Hakim Warrick ($1.2M) to a pot that so far does not include draft picks; Gasol currently is on the books for $12.8M and is owed $63M over the next four seasons.

That's as far as the exchange of ideas has progressed, so I'm told. As enthralled as Bulls vice president John Paxson surely must be by the opportunity to fill his team's lone conspicuous cavity, people in the organization claim he won't pull that particular trigger.

paris401

Starter
west can surely do better the deng+gordon for gasol.. gasol is certainly one of the top pf in the league, maybe not garnett, but 4 years younger.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
They are three teams that are in talks with the Grizz.The only team that JW wanted to mention was the Bulls.

Sources throughout the NBA disclose the 7-foot Gasol, an elite post-up performer, as tough a cover as there is within 15 feet of the rim, suddenly is eminently obtainable. Distressed at management's rebuilding-with-adolescence mood, the 271/2-year-old has asked to be traded to a playoff-positioned ensemble that, of course, would be instantly transformed into a legit title contender.

The offended Grizzlies aim to oblige.

I put this out there with utter certainty. Infallible informers report Grizzlies president Jerry West has explored prospective trade arrangements with at least three teams regarding Gasol. In order to protect my sources, the only one I'm willing to identify for the time being is the Bulls.

That may be enough. Obviously, Gasol's low-dock dealing (averaged 18.5 points on 50.5 field-goal accuracy his first five seasons as a pro before missing most of this season due to foot surgery) is what Chicago's off-shore drilling outfit needs.

The Bulls also own what Memphis wants, namely Luol Deng ($2.6 million) and Ben Gordon ($3.86M). In order to satisfy salary/transaction specs, Chicago would have to include P.J. Brown ($8.56M). I'm told the Grizzlies are prepared to add Hakim Warrick ($1.2M) to a pot that so far does not include draft picks; Gasol currently is on the books for $12.8M and is owed $63M over the next four seasons.

That's as far as the exchange of ideas has progressed, so I'm told. As enthralled as Bulls vice president John Paxson surely must be by the opportunity to fill his team's lone conspicuous cavity, people in the organization claim he won't pull that particular trigger.

Gasol is a very good player and would be a great addition to the Knicks and the Bulls flanking their perspective centers. If I was West, I would want Frye so that I could replace a 7 ft scorer with a 7ft 1st year scorer that is 90% cheaper. Deng and Gordon would make Memphis even smaller than the Knicks. Not saying that Memphis wouldn't make that trade or your sources are inacurate, just saying from my perspective. If I was dumping salary and that player was the caliber of a Gasol, I would want a player that could be his replacement. Deng is a nice, all around player and Gordon is like Crawford; an udersized 2 guard that does not play D and is very streaky.

Starks

Starter
Curry for Gasol?? anyone?? Not to many GMs would want Curry over Gasol, but a good salesman might make west break

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
hometheaterguy,My sources are the grizz messegeboards.They have read all this in their newspappers and from the radio.They never have said who the other two teams are but the bulls.The people on those boards have mentioned a few times that they would like to have curry on their team.