GAME THREAD - 01/26/07 - 7:30 PM Knicks vs Heat

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:30 PM, Friday, January 26th, 2007
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
<center> <center> <center> <center> <center> <center>
madison-square-garden-address.jpg
</center> </center> </center> </center> </center> </center>
<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: Sopcast - MSG (channel 13081)
Radio Streaming:The Game Live

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 18-26
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3407.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3417.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3934.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3279.jpg
</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Crawford</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Richardson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Frye</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>James</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
vs
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#000000">
heat_logo.gif

Miami Heat: 19-23
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3708.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center>
0259.jpg
</td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><center><center>
3734.jpg
</center></center></center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3765.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><table style="width: 100%;"> <tbody> <tr class="tablesm" valign="top"> <td style="width: 75px;">
0847.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Wade</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Payton</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Kapono</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Haslem</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>O'Neal</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Heat Team Stats

Game Notes
Knicks Game Notes (PDF)
Heat Game Notes (PDF)

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I read that Marbury is feeling better and said that he will play against the Heat. But Curry will sit. This is going to be a tough game if every one is healthy. I don't have high expectations for this one.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Knicks seem to do better when they're in the underdog role but when people are especting them to win they choke as recently seen in the Miami game. No one thought they would have a chance against pheonix without starbury but they didnt do too bad. I think they gotta chance 2nite but im not expecting a win.

NYKnicks15

Starter
WOW.

Marbury passing first with 10 assists.
Crawford back to form in starting role.
Frye has the shooting touch.
Jeffries playing good.
Lee is Lee.
& JEROME JAMES?! 6 points, 2 rebounds, 3-4 shooting, 1 stl and 2 PFs WTF?

only downer is Q but im sure hell be ok. we need to stick to a Curry/Frye/Jeffires/Crawford/Marbury starting lineup though. With the exception of Curry it seems them four have the best chemistry together.

and win or lose and i of course hope we win.. Crawford makin the 4 pt play at the end.. at least well make Sportscenter haha

HOLY SHIT!
jamal crawford was awesome! 52 points and 8/9 3 pointers!
i cant believe he had 16 FG's consecutively.
YAY!

how weird! seriously. monday, heat had no shaq, no wade, we get blown out terribly. today, we have no curry, but blow them out. how backwards.
but i love it.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

i love how the whole knicks team congratulated crawford, it shows theyre close knit and it seems like they pull for one another, which i think is one of the most important things when it comes to successful teamwork.
i do have one question, though.
the game on sunday, they kept saying its on delayed tape, but it starts at 6, so will the game be on at 6? i have no clue what delayed tape is.
anyone?

:gony:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Congratulations to Jamal! Great game. Some nights he dislpays so much talent. I really think he could be a "Ray Allen" type player if he would just stay under control and play consistently. Regardless, this was a good win. Hopefully they can start putting together a few win streaks. We need to start winning games because Toronto and New Jersey have been playing well as of late, and before we know it, one of those teams could run away with the Atlantic.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Even though I'm not a big fan of Jamal Crawford...I just want to give him his props. He played a superb game and his shot selection is getting better. That's all I want from him is consistency and applying basketball IQ...

jimkcchief88

All Star
WoW Jamal!!! Talk about being totally unconcious. I like the line-up with Jamal and Q together and looks like "Starbury" has his role figured out. The ex-Bulls Curry and Crawford going crazy for the Knicks and I'm lovin it!!!

paris401

Starter
i do have one question, though.
the game on sunday, they kept saying its on delayed tape, but it starts at 6, so will the game be on at 6? i have no clue what delayed tape is.
anyone?

:gony:

since abc is showing games on sunday, the rules state that another station , msg in this case cannot broadcast at the same time... hence the 6pm tape delay...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
if isiah hadnt pulled him out some time during the 4th quarter, im sure he couldve gone for 60+. i think thats what we need. cmon whens the last time a knick besides bernard king or even pat ewing came even close to 60? i think it couldve been something to give the knicks a little more confidence, but a 20 pt blow out revenge game is also sweet too

rady

Administrator
Staff member
houston did it 2 times in 2003.. 52 and 50 against the lakers and bucks :)

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Crawford's confidence is way up. He needs to start at SG. If he could keep this up we wouldn't need Marbury to score. This proves that a PG is only as good as his team mates. You can't get an assist if you're players can't follow through. Crawford did way more than follow through. I'm interested to see what he does with the rest of the season. I say bench Jefferies and start Richardson in his place along with Crawford and Marbury. This may be a team that can take the Atlantic division.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'd love 2 see the lineup of marbury crawford q rich lee and curry but that wont happen. I cant take this anymore everytime I think the knicks are beginning to fall out of the picture they come up with an impressive victory. I am now a new jersey net fan. .
Just kidding F*** the Nets, Knicks4Life
Impressive game last night crawford would had gotten 60 if it was a closer game but now they just gotta beat the bucks which is a winnable game.