Solid Win

GetRealistic

Starter
Since there was no game thread for this game I decided to start my own.

I'm extremely proud of how the team played tonight. It was a total team effort. Eddy Curry did his normal solid work in the paint. Marbury had a great 3rd quarter and distributed the ball. Crawford had a big second half and led the team in scoring for the 7th time in our last 9 games and made the great pass to curry to win the game (yea lets go ahead and trade him like many of the posters seem to want). Channing played well and showed some toughness with a nice block shot and a big time put back in the fourth. David Lee did his normal. Jeffries actually contributed by playing some solid D. And lastly Francis had his moments, he’s definitely overpaid and not the same player he once was but since we're stuck with him we might as well gets some solid minutes from him.

It was just a solid overall win we had so many chances to just fold like we have in the past. We got some tough calls from the refs but we just kept playing and got a solid win. And oh yea we've just matched our entire win total from last year by the all-star break. I think that is the definition of progress.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
No doubt man. I agree. JC is doing his thing. If he keeps playing like this...then the "inconsistent" label will ripped right off...

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
This was a real big win.....I know I'm new here, so I have to make one thing very clear, I can't stand Jamal Crawford. Having said that, I think the most impressive thing about last nights win was that Jamal & Eddy Curry didn't have a single turnover, in fact the team only had 11 for the whole game. If you look at all the games we were losing early in the year, you can point to turnovers and poor freethrow shooting as the reason. The freethrow situation has worked itself out over the last few months, but the turnovers are still a problem. If Jamal & Eddy can play relatively turnover free, like last night, we're going to be very dangerous the rest of the season.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Since there was no game thread for this game I decided to start my own.
my bad here, when i created the schedule i accidentally dated the lakers and warriors game on march, so the homepage was listing the next game on feb 20th..

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I like what I saw last night as well, the first half was rocky. The sencond half we played under control, and Marbury, Q-Rich, and Jamal did an excellent job on denying Kobe the ball at the end. On a night we didn't rebound particularly well, it was great for the guys confidencethat they won a close one after Utah. Steve Francis had so flashes of brilliance as well. I hope we can showcase enough to move him on to anywhere else. Hopefully, we come and lay whuppin' on the Warriors who have no B-Diddy. Stephen Jackson and Harrington have been playing well though. So hopefully we don't look past the Warriors and play hard. Again everyone don't sleep on Q-Rich who flat out got it done:

Fgm-a 3pm-a Ftm-A Off Def Tot Ast Pf St TO BS Pts
7-14 3-8 2-4 4 8 12 1 2 1 5 0 19

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
That was a great game man that pass to Eddy Curry is nice and he finished it off nicely I thought he was goin miss that alley but he didn't

2-0 Against the Lakers this season!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i am liking what im seeing from francis, he is playing great and i didnt expect himt to do dis good, great Ft shooter and a great rebounder, he a big plus off the bench

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think the knicks are finally ready to consistently compete without anymore of this bein too cocky and underestimating teams stuff but im not gonnna guarentee it. And yes, larry was the problem

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
i mean i wanna show some love to marburys defense, never have i seen it to good and ive watching this guy for the past 10 years. this guy was all up in kobes shit, and when kobe made a shot he didnt get discouraged, he went right back at it, hes not letting his size become a disadvantage, like last night, they didnt even pass the ball to radmonvic when marbury was guardign him, we need that same defensive effory everynight, marbury and company have shut down now kobe( he sscored alot, but ppl who watched the game know) gil arenas ( tough loss tho) ray allen ( great defensive game), maybe if we pretend al harrington is the best player in the league we can shut him down, i like the double team on the big name players it frustrates them and creates turnovers and easdy buckets. i see eddy curry barring foul ttrouble going for 26 and 12

Allen

Benchwarmer
This was a good win. Now lets hope they don't flop in to golden state. Every time the Knicks find some momentum they find a way to halt it the next game.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Let's not Get Too hype...

I like the way the knicks are playing, but I think IT the team president will find a way to screw with IT the coach's roster...