J James and Knicks trades

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I had seen bad players before but this guy is beyond bad. If the Knicks decide to Trade him what team will be willing to trade for him??? I dont know I think the Knicks might just release him? what you guys think?

paris401

Starter
there is no team that will trade for this load... none...zero...nada...zip

he is untradeable... and he has 3 more years on his contract, so i highly doubt he will be released.

we are stuck with jerome (burger king) james for 3 mo years...

Starks

Starter
Release him. The mere sight of his fat ass just makes me pissed off. If he goes away, I find it way more beneficial to fans- and thomas to.

see heres the problem james isnt the only useless guy we have on the team...we also have mardy collins and cato who dont even play every night. and you cant release them all. unfortunately we need to either move him or live with another horrible mistake of a contract and right now no fool of a GM will take him unless hes connected to another player in a larger deal

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Collins and Cato are not dragging down the Knicks salary cap. Cato is signed to only 1 year and at the league minimum and Collins has a rookie contract. Starks, I also can't stand James. If Isiah can't trade him, I hope the Knicks do buy James out. Personally, I still believe the Knicks need to blow up the team. Isiah has not shown enough improvement to keep his job. Dolan is a moron to believe otherwise. The only bright side is David Lee this season and Isiah did not have anything to do with that. Until Eddy Curry can pass out of double teams, learn to defend and rebound, I do not consider his season a dramatic improvement. He's always had the talent to score. The only difference this season is he's in shape. It's funny how gullible some Knicks fans are. Suddenly, the Knicks win 2 in a row, and they're a different team. Lets get a string of 5+ game win streaks...then we could start believing its a different team.

i wasnt meaning that they were dragging down the cap just that they are also useless players on the team that will never amount to anything like james i do agree with you on the fact that we need to win more games before we can think we are a changed team but i also think we are atleast taking steps in the right direction.

I say we trade James to the Nets for a twig and a dead squirrel. I'd figure they'd take it...Jerome james for an inanimate object and a decaying animal. even trade

mugili716

Benchwarmer
James

I agree with you guys that JJ is not very good and way overpaid, but we need to consider that he is a good locker room guy, he is one of the most popular players in our locker room and keeps our players heads up during tough times, at least he isnt like a downer like some other players we've had in the past. RIght now our chemistry is starting to gel and we need to be patient and give our guys some time, this is why we never get better we never give our guys time, we as new yorkers are always in such a hurry, i believe with all our young guys and all this talent even if we dont make the playoffs this year we have made pretty decent strides and next year we will be on top of the atlantic from the beginnin of the season. ALso about cato, collins, and james just takin up space on the bench.. I'd like to know which NBA teams plays all 15 of its players every night... NO One exactly, there will always be players who sit on the bench and be there for back up.. why dont people understand that.. if we had 15 guys that can produce it wouldnt matter cuz we can only play 5 at a time.....

paris401

Starter
burger king had a good couple/few games for seattle in the playoffs, and I.T. signed him.... not knowing he would trade for curry a bit later..

bad timing... i do not like burger king, but gotta say, for 2-3-4... sometimes for 5 min strech's he looks real good.. then he commits a couple of stupid fouls, and he is back on the pine..

I'd like to know which NBA teams plays all 15 of its players every night... NO One exactly, there will always be players who sit on the bench and be there for back up.. why dont people understand that.. if we had 15 guys that can produce it wouldnt matter cuz we can only play 5 at a time.....

hers the thing though he has started for us... he has no business playing let alone starting especially when you have guys that are better like a david lee...if you like him as a bench presence thats fine but he should not have gotten hte money he did nor should he ever play unless there is no choice

dig4that

Rookie
I agree with you guys that JJ is not very good and way overpaid, but we need to consider that he is a good locker room guy, he is one of the most popular players in our locker room and keeps our players heads up during tough times, at least he isnt like a downer like some other players we've had in the past. RIght now our chemistry is starting to gel and we need to be patient and give our guys some time, this is why we never get better we never give our guys time, we as new yorkers are always in such a hurry, i believe with all our young guys and all this talent even if we dont make the playoffs this year we have made pretty decent strides and next year we will be on top of the atlantic from the beginnin of the season. ALso about cato, collins, and james just takin up space on the bench.. I'd like to know which NBA teams plays all 15 of its players every night... NO One exactly, there will always be players who sit on the bench and be there for back up.. why dont people understand that.. if we had 15 guys that can produce it wouldnt matter cuz we can only play 5 at a time.....

Well said mugli. Bad mistake, I don't like him taking up room and money as much as the next fan, but at the time he was signed Isiah was looking for anyone that would make this team better and make the fans and management happy. And when he signed him, he looked good, and we were happy (don't lie, you were content). It was a failed experiment and once again the 'Bockers opened up the wallet much too wide. (I think we will see the same with Jared Jeffries, but that remains to be seen. Who does he think he is ball-handling up the court like that?) He ain't tradable, he's stuck where he is or bought out. He's a decent backup if he would come in and play solid D and not try to go to hoop with some disastrous layup attempt. I hope Isiah doesn't actually call his number, and if he does it's only to pray to the salary gods that some joker GM is gonna see him make one nice move and take over his bloated contract. Keep praying Isiah, I'll pray with you, but stop playing the BK Spoiler. It's not worth it. Maybe we could trade him for a D-leaguer and pay half his contract up front or something. :crossfingers: (.......) Nah, we're stuck.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Yeah but JJ13 is just auditioning for other teams right now... and phsycologically... after winning 23 games with a coach that never spoke as if he and his team were synonymous... it's hard to win a championship right away unless you add a new player (see the Nets when Kidd came aboard or Phoeniz post Nash)... in fact... NO TEAM IN THE NBA HAS EVER WON A CHAMIONSHIP AFTER WINNING ONLY 23 GAMES... if you subtract the listless team that played at the beginning of the year... we're above 500... chemistry is hard to build... and if we can maintain that momentum... next season we're going to be a problem (although i said that after the 04-05 season and last season)...

burger king had a good couple/few games for seattle in the playoffs, and I.T. signed him.... not knowing he would trade for curry a bit later..

bad timing... i do not like burger king, but gotta say, for 2-3-4... sometimes for 5 min strech's he looks real good.. then he commits a couple of stupid fouls, and he is back on the pine..
Yea but 4 that 5 minute stretch of goodness... he's fouled out already!

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
thats why thomas has started him to bring up his trade value unfortunately he has fouled immediately and has come out. And he doesn't come back for the rest of the game. I think thomas sees something in him. He might start playing well then we would have twin towers. Hikeem and ralph and jerome and curry. You have to remember jerome is a big dude. He's one guy that can battle shaq. If he gets in better shape and his plantar problem clears up we could be a force on the inside, no kidding. Lets see the second half is coming up.

paris401

Starter
thats why thomas has started him to bring up his trade value unfortunately he has fouled immediately and has come out. And he doesn't come back for the rest of the game. I think thomas sees something in him. He might start playing well then we would have twin towers. Hikeem and ralph and jerome and curry. You have to remember jerome is a big dude. He's one guy that can battle shaq. If he gets in better shape and his plantar problem clears up we could be a force on the inside, no kidding. Lets see the second half is coming up.

jerome burger-king has no value... zero...none..nada...nil

i'll tell u what I.T. sees in him...4 mo years... and no way to trade him... 4 mo years...

dig4that

Rookie
Yeah Ton - I appreciate the optimism, but I second paris's astute observations. Having the BK Spoiler is like buying a snowmobile, having it shipped to your house in Puerto Rico, and then trying to sell it for what it's worth or trade it for a snow cone cart. Ain't gon' happen. Best thing you can do it ride that b*tch around in the beach and just wait for the gears to grind from the sand.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Jerome James

The only way the Knicks can trade him if they include him in a multi-player deal. I read the Knicks and Sonics might be looking at a Frye for Lewis trade. The Knicks would have to include other contracts to meet the salary requirement so they could try to get Seattle to take JJ as well.I also understand Nate might be in the deal as well.I would also contact Washington about Eaton Thomas.