Thomas good or bad for the knicks

I honestly think Thomas has brought nothing but harm to the knicks. Before he came when we had vanhorn houston and i think spree and everything was going fine. Then van gundy left unfortunately layden drove us into the ground and thomas took over. When thomas took over he was too concerned wiht getting rid of everyone layden had on the team that he was too blind to realize the true damage he was causeing. He maimed the team and killed any chemistry we ever had by bringin in completely new faces like marbury crawford and cury
now these are all good players but were not known for passing or as good teamates. Im sorry but i miss the players like camby sweetney spree and vanhorn. it was more basketball then and less ego trip. Finally it seems like we are slowly developing a team atmosphere again and i htink thomas should be ousted after this year before he can ruin it again.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I honestly think Thomas has brought nothing but harm to the knicks. Before he came when we had vanhorn houston and i think spree and everything was going fine. Then van gundy left unfortunately layden drove us into the ground and thomas took over. When thomas took over he was too concerned wiht getting rid of everyone layden had on the team that he was too blind to realize the true damage he was causeing. He maimed the team and killed any chemistry we ever had by bringin in completely new faces like marbury crawford and cury
now these are all good players but were not known for passing or as good teamates. Im sorry but i miss the players like camby sweetney spree and vanhorn. it was more basketball then and less ego trip. Finally it seems like we are slowly developing a team atmosphere again and i htink thomas should be ousted after this year before he can ruin it again.

it was isiah who traded away camby to get mcdyess, it wasnt isiah who got rid of spree, isiah traded sweetney and van horn<<<now why the hell would u miss van horn and sweetney??and in those days the knicks were old and no athletic and also boring and now the knicks and young and athletic

George M.

Benchwarmer
it was isiah who traded away camby to get mcdyess, it wasnt isiah who got rid of spree, isiah traded sweetney and van horn<<<now why the hell would u miss van horn and sweetney??and in those days the knicks were old and no athletic and also boring and now the knicks and young and athletic
WRONG!!!!!!! Scott Layden made that ASSENINE trade for a gimpy McDyess!!!! He traded Spree for Van Horn!!! Don't you remember??????

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You're right George M. - Layden destroyed this franchise. Signing players like Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson and Clarence Weatherspoon to large contracts. Giving an aging Allan Houston a megastar deal worth 100 mil! Trading Camby and Spree. And lets not forget his awful draft choices. We could have Amare Stoudamire or Carlos Boozer on our team if that dumbshit had any eye for talent. When Layden was here, we were a team going in the wrong direction with no hope. For all of the bad things that Isiah has done, and he has made a lot of bad choices, at least we have a young, talented team that I believe is improving, heading in the right direction and is giving me hope for the future. I'm not saying Isiah has been great, just that he has done a fantastic job compared to Layden.

On that note, I say we keep Isiah for at least one more season. If he can't turn the Knicks around and make us perennial playoff contenders by then, then get rid of him.

metrocard

Legend
LJ4ptplay, are you Isiah's valentine? He's been here long enough, get over him.

Isiah thinks 22-29 is average.
He thinks .500 is the best we can get.

What kind of future we have being controlled by Isiah when he's thinking like this?

i agree with the fact that layden destroyed us but i also think that thomas was too concerned wiht getting rid of everyone associated with layden rather than getting pieces that fit together... he should focus less on individual talent and more on chemistry... a team with less talent that meshes has just as good if not a better chance than one with individual selfish players.. he never has givin us a chance to develope this chemistry with his trigger finger...the trade deadline is coming up and im not gunna say i wouldnt like to see one or two moves made but im praying that we keep this core of a team that we have rooted in marbury curry lee qrich and or crawford...if thomas is not going to be committed to a team and is gunna be all about getting the name players that cant have a winning season then what good is he... i think he should have till the end of the season mayb through the offseason to see what mind set he has then a decision must be made.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Let's not rewrite history here. Metro we all know you despise Thomas to the point that your posts don't make sense. This kid wasn't praising Thomas as much as he was faulting the dark lord Layden. Every thing he posted was factual. Trading Spreewell, Camby and let us not forget the 120 million deal to H2Zero. All worse actions than any thing Thomas did. Hind site is 20\20 but even still Layden should have been rebuilding not paying washed up players large sums of money. At the time Ewing was gone, Spreewell was gone, and Johnson was just leaving so all we had was Allan Houston and he was relaxing on the bench. Not to mention that we were still paying guys for not playing like Houston and L.J. This team was doomed from the moment Layden took over. What is now realized by all is that regardless of you gay personal feelings, Thomas is doing a good job with what many of you called a team that could not win.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Christ Metrocard! Did you read what I posted. Every single post of yours is negative. You trash Isiah, you trash all of the Knick players and you constantly trash everyone who posts on this website. We are all supposed to be Knick fans here, and I'm beginning to think you're not a Knick fan at all. Maybe you're Larry Brown in disguise. No wonder nobody likes you on this website. Say one thing positive....please....just one thing...and maybe you'll gain some respect.

paris401

Starter
Let's not rewrite history here. Metro we all know you despise Thomas to the point that your posts don't make sense. This kid wasn't praising Thomas as much as he was faulting the dark lord Layden. Every thing he posted was factual. Trading Spreewell, Camby and let us not forget the 120 million deal to H2Zero. All worse actions than any thing Thomas did. Hind site is 20\20 but even still Layden should have been rebuilding not paying washed up players large sums of money. At the time Ewing was gone, Spreewell was gone, and Johnson was just leaving so all we had was Allan Houston and he was relaxing on the bench. Not to mention that we were still paying guys for not playing like Houston and L.J. This team was doomed from the moment Layden took over. What is now realized by all is that regardless of you gay personal feelings, Thomas is doing a good job with what many of you called a team that could not win.

i am not impressed with I.T. and the roster he has assembled, i do not see us in the thick of the championship hunt with these guys... and make no mistake the roster u see today, is the roster we will have next year, and the year after... save maybe a tweak here and there

i am sure I.T. will find another 'gem' for this year's mid-cap exception...

i will give him credit tho for his drafting of players out of college...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Christ Metrocard! Did you read what I posted. Every single post of yours is negative. You trash Isiah, you trash all of the Knick players and you constantly trash everyone who posts on this website. We are all supposed to be Knick fans here, and I'm beginning to think you're not a Knick fan at all. Maybe you're Larry Brown in disguise. No wonder nobody likes you on this website. Say one thing positive....please....just one thing...and maybe you'll gain some respect.

He always does this...that's why no one respects his opinion. Someone give him something to suck on so he can shut down his inappropriate, false, biased, negative, unintelligent notions about this team. This is the same guy that Isiah was going to be gone by Feb...well he's still here and once again you are wrong. If anyone notices the guy never responds back with intelligent rebuttles...he bashes your opinion to the ground, automatically thinks it's wrong because you oppose it, and treats everyone with 0 respect. But this is why I laugh because this is a forum and if you talk junk over a forum...it probably means you don't receive respect in person...Just ignore him man...put him on the list if you know what i mean lol

Back on subject....we are 23-30. Last year we had 23 wins the whole year. Add the fact that we have unity and roles this year we have matched last years win total in a half a season (something Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown couldn't do). The players play hard for him and he treats the team as a family. This team believe it or not has improved...LISTEN TO COACHES AROUND THE LEAGUE instead of the ignorant people on this site and you will get the truth. Don Nelson is a perfect example on giving the knicks our deserved credit. Pessimists can keep crying but when we (the knicks and its rightful fans) reach the top...you all will prolly cry about the cap 10 years from now...GROW UP or become Net fans. That is all....

George M.

Benchwarmer
Yo Don Chris: GOOD ONE DUDE!!!!

George M.

Benchwarmer
He always does this...that's why no one respects his opinion. Someone give him something to suck on so he can shut down his inappropriate, false, biased, negative, unintelligent notions about this team. This is the same guy that Isiah was going to be gone by Feb...well he's still here and once again you are wrong. If anyone notices the guy never responds back with intelligent rebuttles...he bashes your opinion to the ground, automatically thinks it's wrong because you oppose it, and treats everyone with 0 respect. But this is why I laugh because this is a forum and if you talk junk over a forum...it probably means you don't receive respect in person...Just ignore him man...put him on the list if you know what i mean lol

Back on subject....we are 23-30. Last year we had 23 wins the whole year. Add the fact that we have unity and roles this year we have matched last years win total in a half a season (something Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown couldn't do). The players play hard for him and he treats the team as a family. This team believe it or not has improved...LISTEN TO COACHES AROUND THE LEAGUE instead of the ignorant people on this site and you will get the truth. Don Nelson is a perfect example on giving the knicks our deserved credit. Pessimists can keep crying but when we (the knicks and its rightful fans) reach the top...you all will prolly cry about the cap 10 years from now...GROW UP or become Net fans. That is all....
That's right dude.I can't stand Metrocard! I refuse to acknowledge his presence anymore.This was right before I got my "5 day suspension".It happened,water under the bridge,yada,yada,yada.

What do you think about the trade rumors Gooden,L.Hughes for Francis,Rose and Frye??????

heres my problems with that... if we get gooden we take away from our sophmore mvp lee and personally i like frye i think he will develope into a decent player... i also dont think that hughes will fit in with our team at all and thats the last thing i want to do is go back to no chemistry again

however you do get rid of rose and francis which is a plus
id much rather have the knicks focus on getting something we dont have which is a true small forward...no qrich is not a true small forward....my solution to htis problem is the what seems to be tamed ron artest... he has been out of the news for the most part since going to sacramento and will help immensly on the rebounding and defense... now the problem with this is you might have to give up crawford who i also like...

George M.

Benchwarmer
heres my problems with that... if we get gooden we take away from our sophmore mvp lee and personally i like frye i think he will develope into a decent player... i also dont think that hughes will fit in with our team at all and thats the last thing i want to do is go back to no chemistry again

however you do get rid of rose and francis which is a plus
id much rather have the knicks focus on getting something we dont have which is a true small forward...no qrich is not a true small forward....my solution to htis problem is the what seems to be tamed ron artest... he has been out of the news for the most part since going to sacramento and will help immensly on the rebounding and defense... now the problem with this is you might have to give up crawford who i also like...
Good point dude!I would prefer Q at the 2 alongside Artest or Rashard Lewis.These 2 SF's if aquired by us,would provide serious impact to our squad.Artest and Lewis can both hit 3's(Lewis is the deadlier shooter)and both these players can also reliably produce from the low post!Artest's defense makes him my #1 choice.Lewis #2 b/c he can play the 2,3,or the 4 in a smallball lineup. __________________________________________ Metrocard is the Isiahsexual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dig4that

Rookie
Good point dude!I would prefer Q at the 2 alongside Artest or Rashard Lewis.These 2 SF's if aquired by us,would provide serious impact to our squad.Artest and Lewis can both hit 3's(Lewis is the deadlier shooter)and both these players can also reliably produce from the low post!Artest's defense makes him my #1 choice.Lewis #2 b/c he can play the 2,3,or the 4 in a smallball lineup. __________________________________________ Metrocard is the Isiahsexual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey yall - 1st post here. To address all of this talk - some good points some bad. I think we got it straight between the misses of Layden and the misses and swishes of Isiah. Like him or not Isiah is taking this team forward, keeping everyone happy (seemingly -thanks to injuries) and showing PROGRESS. What more could you ask for from a team everyone doomed to completely fail. The highs are too high to contest. ( Unless you expect a championship every year, then you shouldn't be a Knicks fan, or a fan of any team for that matter, be a bandwagoner, this year ride the Mavs and give up on the 'Bockers. This means you MetroTard. ) I hope he stays, I hope I get to see him develop these guys more and overall I appreciate his positivity and cool manner. No matter what the past shows, I'm looking at the future, and the future of this team AND IT'S COACH looks bright, brighter than I (or anyone else of that matter) thought it would.

On the trade - I don't think the Knicks should make any moves this year. It seems as if there are problems with the rotation and all that, but this gives Isiah a chance to find out who fits and who doesn't before making any big moves. I know there is playoff talk, and that is the goal for the players and fans, but behind that the coaches and management need to keep their eyes on the prize, and that's championships in the next 5 years and a real team that the fans love. And given the history so far of these moves (even on this team, James, Francis, Jeffries) I think Frye's development and the development of key roles need to be established tantamount to anything else. I mean, damn, this team just GOT chemistry, and now you're gonna play with the recipe? Bad science, man, bad science.

Gooden - I love what her brings, but develop Lee's strength and interior D and his outside shot and a starting 3-spot forward is born. Rotate with Q.Rich when 3 ball and quicker feet are needed for perimeter D. Besides, Gooden will take Frye's minutes, and he needs those minutes, he's our future, for better or for worse.

Hughes - No. Simple. No.

As far as Artest - He probably can't handle the NY spotlight, and personally I don't like him, he can't lead a team and isn't the best team player. See above about team chemistry. And I don't think Crawford would be necessary to give up for him, plus with K-mart already in Sac and a Crawford-esque player (only a little better), that wouldn't happen anyhow. They'd be looking at Frye I think, and that's no good. Develop Frye's D and his jumpers, and most important his confidence, even more and he's a nasty threat that fits.

Lewis - True, his shooting is impeccable. But now it's another potential nagging injury player in a guy who's been in the league 8 years and is bound to disappoint us again. (see Houston (though I liked him), McDyess, Francis, T. Thomas, etc.) Plus Q Rich is still young, can move into the 2 or 3 spot, and has the 3 ball if he can be more consistent. Not too mention he loves this team and has an impact when on the floor. He just needs to except a 6th man roll in the next year or so with Lee being the starting 3. Or roll into a 2 guard, one or the other.

I say, be patient with the moves, see how this pans out, drop dead weight when season is through (James, Francis?, Cato) and bring in some role-players who want a championship. Let Rose back up Frye, Crawford stay the impact threat off the bench, Nate stay the backup for Marbury, bring in someone to backup Curry, and I think the rest will fall into place. Anyone agree?

I'm gonna post a topic and I'll come back and post a link here when I do.

hey dig4that those are some really good points but i have some problems with it as well...
i agree completely with developing your young players in frye balkman lee and nate but i also see a problem that needs to be addressed
first off there is no reason why lee shouldnt be starting at the four
second we have no 3
Qrich and Crawford are both 2's and play a similar role
francis james and cato (in my mind possibly rose as well) should be gone
and if you ask me id love it if we could get a sf through the draft but there is a prob
if we get a good pik it goes to the bulls and if we get to keep our pik then we have a crappy draft position... hence i htink we need to fine a player to fill that void either through free agence a trade like i mentioned before or a trade for higher draft picks and no i dont think any of these moves should include our core players or our young players

dig4that

Rookie
Yo Baller

I dont get your response. Why would Lee play the 4 when he is 6'9" and 230 and we have Frye who can hit the outside jumpers and is 6'11" and over 245? We all know he's got work to do on his interior D, but that's something the entire team needs to work on, not just Frye. Plus Jeffries is a 6'11" 240 guy too who can back up both Frye and Lee to stay with a faster forward on the perimeter. That make Q Rich a good strong 2 with crawford coming in for both Q and marbury since IT has him running the floor about 15 minutes a game. (But in all honesty Francis isan exceptional talent, it's too bad he doesnt really fit in here somewhere.) And I don't think we should go after a SF in the draft, I think we need a true PG to start tutoring under Marbury, unless Collins has something we don't see. That's if we have a pick. Do we? Well if we don't we should trade for one.