Thomas good or bad for the knicks

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Whoa This Is Why I Love Knicks Fans...

First... the problem with Isiah is not that he's stupid... it's that he lacks focus and was not prepared to be a GM when he first got the job... he has good ideas... but they never panned out... and he has shifted his focus each of his previous seasons... his first 3 seasons... Quote Isiah "This is a championship town"... "This City will not stand to rebuild"... so what do you do when you think you have a contender??? you sign the markee player and markee coach... you trade for steph... because ny is a "point guard town"... due to injuries to houston (microfracture surgery is a bitch) this lineup never played enough together... so our best shooter was never available to take advantage of steph's drive n' dish or TT posting up... he signs crawford to learn under houston and signed lenny wilkens... we miss the playoffs for the first time... figure it's an anomile...

so he hires larry... realizes he needs a low post threat... so he signs jerome james to a ridiculous contract... and drafts the dlee, frye and robinson... gives up unprotected draft picks for eddy curry... he goes trigger happy and brings in taylor, rose, francis... marbury sulks since he isn't the focus of the offense... curry isn't ready to be the consistent low post threat we need... and let's not discuss jj... LB finally goes senile and switches up lineups like we change clothes... despite this... the team is winning until marbury declares himself the "best point guard in the league"... he gets hurt... the team has no chemistry... no consistency... they start loosing... and keep loosing until the end of the year... those draft picks look really good...

larry gets fired... isiah is put in as coach (a position he has enjoyed some success in with indiana)... the team doesn't want to repeat last year... but are still stubborn and don't buy into isiah's gameplan right away... then it starts clicking after the brawl... steph buys into the gameplan after talking to magic... eddy starts realizing that he's 6'11 and like 280... and we start building again...

so... in short... i think Dolan was a dumbass for hiring him... but Isiah seems to finally understand that he needs to be less impulsive with the roster shakeups and... REBUILD... had he settled on rebuilding at first... we wouldn't be in this bind... i also don't understand why he would buy out rose and taylor (who were in the last years of their contracts) and not JJ (or sign Jared Jeffries)... do i think he's the greatest? no... i still liked grunfield better as a GM... but he's no layden... and he's actually becoming better as this year progresses (unless he does something stupid this deadline)...

let's not forget that his philosophy is that the cap doesn't matter since teams improve through trades...
--------------------------------------------------

Hey DIG... i liked your post... but i would run lee at the 4 and frye at the 3... lee has more natural 4 skills despite the two inch height difference... frye is more perimiter oriented already... otherwise i agree with your post almost entirely...