GAME THREAD - 02/26/07 - 7:30 PM Knicks vs Heat

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:30 PM, Monday, February 26th, 2007
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY <center> <center> <center> <center> <center>
madison-square-garden-address.jpg
</center> </center> </center> </center> </center>​
<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: Viper TV TVU (channel 20324)
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: -

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 25-32
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3407.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3417.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center>
3279.jpg
</td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><center>
3514.jpg
</center></center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Crawford</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Richardson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>James</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
vs
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#000000">
heat_logo.gif

Miami Heat: 27-28
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3250.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center></center></center><center><center>
2633.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><center><center>
3734.jpg
</center></center></center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3765.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center><table style="width: 100%;"> <tbody> <tr class="tablesm" valign="top"> <td style="width: 75px;">
0847.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Williams</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jones</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Kapono</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Haslem</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>O'Neal</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Heat Team Stats

Game Notes
Knicks Game Notes (PDF)
Heat Game Notes (PDF)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Man I am hoping for a win tonight at home against the Miami Heat! I am looking to see the knicks come out strong from the lose in New Jersey. Since D-Wade isn't there the knicks might win(What am I talking about last time D-Wade and Shaq didn't play the knicks were blown out) Go New York Go New York Go

Knicks need this one after losing to Jersey. Home game, no Wade.

No Lee though, he is listed as doubtful.

Last edited:
Forget Shaq, im worried more about Alonzo Mourning... everytime we go against a great shot blocker they end up with like a career high.... remember Okafor.. what did he have like 10 at least -- look for alonzo to have about 7 or 8 blocks... curry is not gonna do anything on defense and i am gonna put my foot through my t.v. as he stands still and watches everyone grab rebounds over him all game .. He is very overrated .. he should be the first knick who is traded in the offseason

GetRealistic

Starter
Forget Shaq, im worried more about Alonzo Mourning... everytime we go against a great shot blocker they end up with like a career high.... remember Okafor.. what did he have like 10 at least -- look for alonzo to have about 7 or 8 blocks... curry is not gonna do anything on defense and i am gonna put my foot through my t.v. as he stands still and watches everyone grab rebounds over him all game .. He is very overrated .. he should be the first knick who is traded in the offseason

Well you were way off on that prediction bud. Curry went for 28 and 10 and if we coulda made some better lob passes he easily coulda went for 35. Marbury had a great 4th quarter i just wish he didn't turn it on for quarters at a time and played with that aggressiveness all the time. Solid win but if we can't back it up with some sort of winning streak it'll agian be pointless.

Well you were way off on that prediction bud. Curry went for 28 and 10 and if we coulda made some better lob passes he easily coulda went for 35. Marbury had a great 4th quarter i just wish he didn't turn it on for quarters at a time and played with that aggressiveness all the time. Solid win but if we can't back it up with some sort of winning streak it'll agian be pointless.

I never said he wouldnt score, he obviously is great on offense, i said he wouldnt play defense.. which for the most part was pretty accurate considering whoever he was guarding was scoring easily enough.. and he got dunked on pretty bad by alonzo... i think nate would have contested that dunk better than curry did... he actually did better with rebounding than i thought he would but its still not enough from him.. and yea i dunno watsup with marbury .. he looks like a different player all the time

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
curry is far from over-rated... he is turning himself into the most dominant center in the east. he was scoring @ will against zo n shaq which is pretty impressive. his defense might need some work but considering all the progress hes made this season i aint mad at him. between him and lee, they are 2 serious contenders for the most improved title.

and marbury exploded in the 4th which was good to see. i still think he needs to be a weapon in our offense in order for us to make the playoffs. he needs to drop a solid 20 pts n 5 assists or so. but the reason he hasnt been aggressive like he was in tonites 4th quarter is because jus like he said he's playing more of a pg roll then our #1 scoring option

it was an all around great team win... jamal did his job n hit the clutch shot like hes done so many times for us. can neone else smell the postseason?

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
get this curry hater outta here. what a solid game, although we prolly are the worst 3rd quarter team in the league i swear to God. marbury was fricken awesome, and curry just got to the stripe at will, thats one of the best games ive seen him play, he actually rebounded the ball well which was nice, with that being said, we need to go and handle business like we should in boston. I thiknk once we get over this back to back wins hump we will be much better off. go knicks and first and formost as always go stephon marbury, your my fricken hero.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Great game. The Knicks did all the little things yesterday to come out with the W. Bad third quarter. But Starbury had 18 points in the 4th. Curry was playing great he had 28pts and 11 rebounds. Overall I am pleased. But Orlando won yesterday so we are still fighting for that playoff spot

Curry Gets Best of Shaq

February 27, 2007 -- Part of the Heat's game plan, according to the greaseboard in the visiting locker room last night, was to make Knick center Eddy Curry "a passer."

Curry had only one assist, but recorded 28 points and 11 rebounds (both game highs) - so that should tell you the outcome.

In his first head-to-head matchup this season against Shaquille O'Neal, Curry earned a TKO, outplaying the future Hall of Famer during the Knicks' 99-93 victory over Miami.

Although the two didn't cover each other for much of the game, O'Neal (20 points, three rebounds) was plagued by foul trouble and minimized while Curry went off, scoring 16 points alone in the third quarter.

"I thought [Curry] took a giant step," Knicks coach Isiah Thomas said. "I want him to be respected by the Godfather, and the Godfather is Shaq.

"Hopefully this goes a long way in Shaq's mind and Alonzo's [Mourning's] mind that he is on the same playing field [Orlando's] Dwight Howard is on. It would be good if the Godfather anoints him also."

O'Neal said Curry played well, but he measured his praise.

"Not yet. Not yet," O'Neal said of the anointment. "You've gotta win first."

What was once an obvious mismatch has become a more compelling storyline. O'Neal needs another week or two to return to full strength off November knee surgery and Curry is enjoying a breakout year. Before last night's clash, Heat head coach Pat Riley said Curry has "absolutely" taken dominant strides this season.

"There's no doubt," Riley said. "He's probably right behind Shaq. He's more productive, right now, offensively, than Shaquille, but he hasn't been hurt. He's number one in points in the paint in the NBA. He's a load down there."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02272007/sports/knicks/curry_gets_best_of_shaq_knicks_michael_morrissey.htm