Big win over the Heat!!!! STARBURY????

jimkcchief88

All Star
Looks like our boys had a big win last night. This is the push for the playoffs and we are only a game out. I know I talked big junk about "STARBURY" being overrated during the offseason, but it seems the team goes how Starbury goes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I don't see the games, just the box scores. Anyone who knows how I can listen to the games via net let me know. Anyway congrats to the boys for beating the hated Heat. Keep it up!!!

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
He was amazing. That game proved that he can be a good leader for the Knicks. I think Isiah and the rest of the team can trust him even more.

paris401

Starter
i gotta say i was not a big starbury booster, i felt his " D " was especially weak... but over the past 15/20 games, he has picked it up...
and with jamal out he is going to have to pik it up even more...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hes been playin great d and i think hes gotta keep doin what hes been doin. Q rich will have to slide over to the 2 guard spot so our defense from our backcourt will be improved if anything. Its crawfors offense and passing we'll miss. Now would be a great time for the franchise to become a good role player. That situation unfortunately does not sound good.

kunit38

Rookie
when he wants to, marbury can ball, lately hes been proving ppl wrong and showing what he can do

paris401

Starter
when he wants to, marbury can ball, lately hes been proving ppl wrong and showing what he can do

'when he wants to'... the guy is making 18m a year, and we have to wait for him to 'want to'

as to proving people wrong... i say again he is making 18m, so someone had to think he can 'ball' to give him such a contract.

i think starbury has been playing better lately, especially on ' D' , but imo he is wildly overpaid, and does not make the players around him better...

either in feb 09 or the summer of 09 when his contract is up, the knicks and starbury will kiss and go their separate ways...

NYKnicks15

Starter
yup you told us metro, i dont think anyone else thought he was the best pg until you mentioned it haha ;) just jokin with ya.

but in all reality. what is this STARBURY talk!?

let me get this straight.. when Stephon plays good well call him Starbury
when he plays decent or bad we call him his birthname?.. gotcha.

we need to come up with names for everyone then!
Rasho Nestervic.. maybe we could call him Rashervic.
or Jerome James.. well thats already King James haha

guys lets get over it. he has good games, he has bad ones. hes a great pg and im a fan but theres no need to make him an alter ego. Hes Stephon Marbury.. he has good games, he has bad games. Just like a Baron Davis.. but we dont call him B-Diddy just when he plays well.

and does it only take one game to really become an alter ego? i dont know, all of this was written with sarcasm of course but really a games a game. and a star is born when you win. we arent doing that.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury stat's don't even reflect on how well he ran this offense this season. Marbury has been a leader all year, and I've always supported him, HE's never been a problem or a cancer on this team like Francis Crawford or Curry has been. Marbury's defense has been one of the best if you compare starting PG's in the NBA.

Steph is the best player on the Knicks, I just wished we could of drafted Marcus Williams to have Marcus develop behind Steph.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i agree with you metro 100% regardin Marbs. but as much as i would of liked Marcus Williams it would of been a stupid move to pick him over Balkman. not for talent purposes just for balancing roster. two more guards? butttt then again he could of picked Marcus first then Balkman second. That would make Francis and Nate even more expandable.

metrocard

Legend
i agree with you metro 100% regardin Marbs. but as much as i would of liked Marcus Williams it would of been a stupid move to pick him over Balkman. not for talent purposes just for balancing roster. two more guards? butttt then again he could of picked Marcus first then Balkman second. That would make Francis and Nate even more expandable.

You're right but

Marcus Williams > Balkman > Collins

I love all three of these players, but Williams was one of the best PG from this draft, he would of been an excellent back up, superior to Nate and Francis. Balkman could of been picked up with our 2nd first rounder, so he would of still been apart of this team I don't question Isiah's eye for talent, I just question his decision making. Like drafting Fyre over Bynum and Granger...or Robinson over Jarett Jack etc.