GAME THREAD - 03/03/07 - 7:00 PM Knicks @ Hawks

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:00 PM, Saturay, March 3rd, 2007
Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA <center>
front.jpg
</center>​

<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: -

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 27-33
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3417.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center>
3609.jpg
</td><td align="center" width="90"><center></center>
3934.jpg
</td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3514.jpg
</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Richardson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jeffries</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Frye</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
@
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#cc0000">
hawks_logo.gif

Atlanta Hawks: 22-37
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3419.jpg

</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3520.jpg

3834.jpg
3928.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><table style="width: 100%;"> <tbody> <tr class="tablesm" valign="top"> <td style="width: 75px;">
3116.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Claxton</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Johnson</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Smith</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Williams</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Right</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Hawks Team Stats

Game Notes
Knicks Game Notes (PDF)
Hawks Game Notes (PDF)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
What a game we were down by as much as 16 points to win in overtime by 4. wow Francis and Marbury played well. The 3 three point plays were the key for the knicks in Overtime. What a game! I loved it! The knicks break there win lose win lose streak

d2319

Benchwarmer
The Budwiser play of the game should of been when Francis was on a fast brake and he faked this guy out to the right and he took it in. I was like omfg. L.O.L. Anyway the refs were bad tonight but guess what whos cares because we won. I really wanted Marbury to score 40 and get 10 assits but he was great anyway. I also wanted Francis to get above 30. Anyway we got to many injurys but I don't think we need anymore players. Are team is good the way it is!

P.S. Any one saw the Nets today? I was watching the end just to see them lose! :)

nyKnicks126

The Nets were to confident that they were going to beat the Celtics like we did.

Why did Q-Rich only play 10 minutes vs the hawks? all of the 10 in the 1st period?

nyKnicks126

Just read in the San Francisco Chronicle that Q-Rich has indeed re-injuried his lower back. You were right d
I wonder when hes going to come back and play?

That game was GREAT.

Knicks struggled during the 1st quarter, down 31-15. Understandable after a game last night.

Played well, young guys did well (Mardy, Balk), but Marbury and Francis were outta this world.

Marbury played maybe the best basketball I have ever seen from him. 38 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals, 6 threes, 10-11 from the line.

Francis, injury? Didn't look like it. As Clyde would say he was "swoopin 'n' hoopin". Franchise came off the bench, and gave us that added scoring punch we needed with Q and Jamal out.

Marbury and Francis were unstoppable driving the lane. It was really a 2 man show.

I'm pretty disappointed in Eddy. 3-8 from the line, missed a dunk, just looked like he wasn't into the game. Looked like he was more excited too be watching then playing.

Refs were awful. Plain awful. Knicks got no calls.

Jeffries is an awesome defender, but the guy has had 5+ fouls in the last 3 games. You can't foul out, ESPECIALLY when the Knicks need bodies.

The game was won by Stephon and Francis who just took the game over.

Good job containing Joe Johnson, for the most part. He had a big first quarter, but tailed off after that.

Still a young team that needs more time. Up 2 at the end of the game, and we throw it away and let them tie it up and send it to OT. Thats unacceptable.

But, it was a good road win, nice too see them pick up a W away from the Garden.

nyKnicks126

I am starting to see how this team is growing now. I was very pleased with Steve Francis. I think that was his season high for the knicks 26 points. Lets just ALL hope that he continues this type of play.

nyKnicks126

No not really. But we are playing better for now. because Marbury, Francis and the rookies stepped it up

The guy plays no defense, takes alot of terrible shots, and makes bad decisions.

If we can make up for his scoring other ways, I don't see why we need him. If Francis steps up, and now that Lee is back, I think we are fine.

im still really happy and excited about how we won and how everyone played, but we just went into overtime and almost lost to the Hawks. If we really are going to make the playoffs (which i think we are) we have to start winning these games by at least 10 points. If we play like we played for the first three quarters against the hawks in a playoff game, to a playoff team, it might be a 30 point game by halftime. But when david comes back, some of this should get better.

im still really happy and excited about how we won and how everyone played, but we just went into overtime and almost lost to the Hawks. If we really are going to make the playoffs (which i think we are) we have to start winning these games by at least 10 points. If we play like we played for the first three quarters against the hawks in a playoff game, to a playoff team, it might be a 30 point game by halftime. But when david comes back, some of this should get better.

If you take away the first quarter, the Knicks played well, and win 10-15.

They are a young team with alot of injuries, and need to learn how to win on the road.

At home against Seattle with Lee back, hope to see em make it 3 in a row.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes i think we are better without jamal.. but hear me out.
i also think we are better without nate..
even david lee.

i like jamal and i love d-lee BUT im not referring to the players. its just anytime we have people on the IL we seem to play better. i think its because we have so many players play the same position that once one is out it gives a chance for everyone to get in rhythm and know their role.

if it was up to me id take jamal over francis and of course give Lee his minutes back immediately sending Malik back to the bench but with so many guards and scorers its difficult to get in a groove. chemistry gets hurt.