Will Isiah get Coach of the year if ?

J-Starks

Rookie
Brand new to the forum. I have been a Knicks fan since 1992. Die hard fan. i have been looking for a knicks fan Forum to chat with my fellow Knick fans.

I got a question. If we make it to the 7th or 8th seed,do you think isiah should get coach of the year? I think he should be considered because of how bad we were last season. No way did i see us potentially making the playoffs this season. I think we could climb as high as 7th seed.

Maybe but probably not, if you take into consideration that Houston, Utah, and Toronto all missed the playoffs last year, and are all higher than the fifth seed in their conferences -- We made a significant improvement from last year but we are still only 7th or 8th in a relatively weak eastern conference -- and im not sure how it cant go to avery johnson.. i mean dallas is having a record breaking season this year

Starks

Starter
Nah I don't think so. His nam might get thrown in there if we get to the playoffs and actually do something but get swept. As bas as we are all dying to get in the playoffs, you have to take ur knick goggles off and look at the East. Once you look at the standings you'll see thats its embarrsingly easy to get into the post season. I mean, a few years ago, teams that were 3-4 games over .500 were lottery bound.

Plus, its no secret that many NBA coaches have personal vendetas against our coach. Behind the scenes stuff that we don't see, i guess.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
there are definetly other coaches that deserve it more then isiah. he is doing a great job and we play with a different attitude and emotion then last year. there is now no quit in us and we refuse to go down without a fight when we would lost by 20 last year. but jerry sloan should win this year. he has never won the award and has been a great coash for decades with the same team. that accomplishment should not go unrewarded and i hope he is selected.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
No doubt Avery's going to get coach of the year but it would be wrong for them not to even mention Isiah Thomas. This is the quickest turn around in perhaps all of sports history. We went from one of the worse record in franchise history to perhaps 7th seed in one season. I still think the coach of the year should be Avery.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
If Isiah got coach of the year that would be cool. But I doubt that its going to happen there are a lot of coaches that made a great turn around from last season or improve there season greatly like Johnson in the Mavs.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Welcome starks
If we win 2 playoff games i believe isiah deserves it but being a knicks fan of course I'm biased. Dallas was a great team last year so i dont think avery j deserves it, im goin with jerry sloan

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I dont think he will get the Coach of the Year. Even though the Knicks are playing the best basketball they ever played in a while, he hasn't prove that he can be the best coach the Knicks ever have. I believe that the Knicks can do better than they are doing now. Don't get me wrong the Knicks are playing well. If there was an award for Most Improve Team and Most Improved Coach, it would go to the Isiah and the Knicks.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Coach of The Year is gonna be Jeff Van Gundy (Houston), Jerry Sloan (Utah), or D'Antoni (Phoenix). I can't see the league giving Avery Johnson back to back trophies.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
As much as I don't like it, what about Mitchell in Toronto? After the season they had last year, if they win the Atlantic, it could happen. Probably Sloan though, he deserves it.