Isiah's relentless pursuit of mediocrity?

metrocard

Legend
Keep preachin metro!!

We all need to preach together as Knick fans. The Isiah/Dolan era needs to be gone with already. I'm sick of waiting for these two clowns and their groupies connected to the Knicks organization. I just want them GONE already.

tiger0330

Legend
I lost respect for Isiah when he started whining about injuries and fatigue. What BS is that for a coach to say when the team is fighting for the 8th seed, Van Gundy loses Yao and Mcgrady all of last year but he was still saying we have enough to win.

Isiah needs to fire up the team and not give them excuses to lose. And lets go to a shorter rotation for this playoff push, put the guys out there that give you the best chance of winning, we don't need to think about hurting players feelings because their not getting minutes.

metrocard

Legend
iloled-pam.jpg

metrocard

Legend
23rd in scoring
22nd in points allowed
27th in FG%
30th in FG% allowed
29th in assists per game
22nd in assists allowed
20th in rebounding
13th in rebounds allowed
17th in rebounding differential
30th in blocked shots
29th in blocks allowed
22nd in steals per game
18th in steals allowed
21st in turnovers
29th in forcing turnovers

We, atleast we're not medicore anymore, we're now the worst.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
the old miami-knicks battle is back! who can get the worst record!
and they have dwyane wade! i just wonder how long he can put up with it?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
someone cant answer the post. I bet you thought Layden was great. People like you make the Daily News and the Post money. Ignorance is bliss so live happy . . .

Smashed him with that one....even then someone realized their ignorance was going to enslave them lol.

Isiah did his best coming in here and giving us a young, talented, athletic roster...problem is all of those ingredients don't necessarily equal to a playoff team. Hawks fit the same description above and Grizz somewhat. Seattle also fits the description. We need to stop getting young players and mix them with the right vets. Isiah has a good eye for talent but that's the problem...we have too much talent and no one's roles are defined. Everyone wants to score and no one wants to play defense. What Isiah has to do is say Eddy...we need you to score buckets but we also need you to be a force inside...if you can't do that I know Lee or Morris can and I will bench you. He needs to be more vocal to his player in what he wants. It's like a broken record out there every night. Lee, Balkman, and Nate Rob come out with intensity but everyone else is just going through the motions. We definitely need some more trades to shake things up...

metrocard

Legend
This is long, but necessary . . .Personally, I'm really sick of the Isiah haters around here. For the past 10years, there has been a pass given to the inept gms and coaches that have passed through the garden, especially Larry Brown who couldnt do squat with the same squad that Isiah has now. Noone is bashing Brown for stunting the young kids' growth on the Knicks. Isiah inherits a ridiculously boring team w/o any chemistry and w/o any direction. He takes over the reigns after an impostor (Brown)tries to undermind the organization and what happens? They have some growing pains, but guess what? What organization has more of a young and dynamic nucleus of young players than the Knicks? David Lee is the truth. Eddy Curry has evolved into a very formidable inside presence(be it only on offense for now) Marbury has turned into a leader. Yes, I said it. Crawford, as much as I used to hate him before he got hurt even started showing signs of better decision making. There is a buzz that exists that wasnt here for years. Yes they will force you to pull your hair out because of the inconsistency and turnovers. But they have also exhibited a no quit attitude by always coming back. Up until these past injuries, even when they lost, they were ALWAYS in the game and very rarely were they completely run off the court. But why am I always hearing these negative Isiah comments but NEVER heard much during the Layden years prior to him coming to NY? He just pulled off a GREAT move by getting Randolph Morris whose stock was rising and he signed him to a very reasonable contract. Let me remind you this was a possible lottery pick that went undrafted, honed his skills for 2yrs under Tubby Smith and Thomas stole him. He was averaging 16pts almost 8 rbs a game and 2 blks a game. Why is he getting bashed for this? This is why I know that the hate for Thomas has more to do with shall we say "other things" rather than his performance because this move can potentially be a real steal for us. If Morris doesnt work out, so what? He didnt overspend for him. As a diehard Knick fan, the hateration has to stop. You are playing yourself and really need to stop it. It only exposes you for who you are. . . . .Let me ask you something? What in the hell did Larry Brown do for the Knicks that would prompt you to say BRING BACK LARRY BROWN? He openly dissed his players in the media, he acted like a juvenille by trashing Marbury in the papers and then everyone got behind him and attacked Marbury as if he should just sit idly by and let his coach berate him to the papers. He got nothing out of the same team Isiah has and to go one step further, has been overrated for much of his career. I guess you would say that Scott Layden, Danny Ainge and Kevin Mchale are absolutely great gms huh? You are playing yourself. . . .

lmao, where did this idiot wonder off to? Man, quotable Isiahsexuals months ago is becoming one of the funniest things in the forum.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Smashed him with that one....even then someone realized their ignorance was going to enslave them lol.

Isiah did his best coming in here and giving us a young, talented, athletic roster...problem is all of those ingredients don't necessarily equal to a playoff team. Hawks fit the same description above and Grizz somewhat. Seattle also fits the description. We need to stop getting young players and mix them with the right vets. Isiah has a good eye for talent but that's the problem...we have too much talent and no one's roles are defined. Everyone wants to score and no one wants to play defense. What Isiah has to do is say Eddy...we need you to score buckets but we also need you to be a force inside...if you can't do that I know Lee or Morris can and I will bench you. He needs to be more vocal to his player in what he wants. It's like a broken record out there every night. Lee, Balkman, and Nate Rob come out with intensity but everyone else is just going through the motions. We definitely need some more trades to shake things up...

Isiah tried as hard as he could but he failed. The ingrediants he brought in formed a team thats far from seeing the playoffs. Its Dec. 31 and the season is already over. Did you notice the knicks have a 8-21 record? Isiahs good eye for talent brought us Channing Frye, a soft bum instead of Andrew Bynum who is quickly developing and turning into a star. If the embarrassing games and being taken out of the starting lineup cant fire Eddy up, then I dont know what can. Fact is Theres some really bad centers in the league but even they play better defense then Curry. Anyone who expects him to contribute more on defense is a fool.

Balkman is not even playing that much and when he does play hes not the same player. He has been able to find his rythm because of Isiah constantly benching him. I hate to see Isiah still running this team but if hes going to I hope he can at least give Nate, Balkman, and Lee big minutes. Wilson Chandler and Randolph Morris should see some minutes as well. Richardson should only play at the end of games when we are gettin blown out, he has no value anymore. The one and only thing he can still do is rebound. More trades are needed but I dont want Isiah doin them. Just imagine if he traded more draft picks away for another one dimensional non-team player.

Anyone at this point who still has the slightest bit of faith in Isiah needs to find another hobby besides sports. Read a book or sumthin. I liked Isiah as a player and up until this year I wanted to see him turn things around but I can say that I truely feel like hes the worst gm ever. Mistake after mistake, and now excuse after excuse. I ask the remaining Isiahsexuals how can you deal with his excuses? He cant man up and take responsibility for anything. How can he blame the fans for the team losing? When the Knicks made the comeback against the Lakers recently, the fans were passionately cheering for the team. At this point all home games should be boycotted, whatever it takes for the necessary changes to be made.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
To everyone with Isiah's dick in their mouth. Of course it's not isiah's fault. Its all our fault! We are just a bunch of lousy fans. How dare we criticize this team. After all they try so hard and make so little....

The Kool Aid Checklist:

1. Voted for Bush the second time
2. Sasquatch is real!
3. O.J. couldn't have done it!
4. Isiah has done a great job

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Isiah tried as hard as he could but he failed. The ingrediants he brought in formed a team thats far from seeing the playoffs. Its Dec. 31 and the season is already over. Did you notice the knicks have a 8-21 record? Isiahs good eye for talent brought us Channing Frye, a soft bum instead of Andrew Bynum who is quickly developing and turning into a star. If the embarrassing games and being taken out of the starting lineup cant fire Eddy up, then I dont know what can. Fact is Theres some really bad centers in the league but even they play better defense then Curry. Anyone who expects him to contribute more on defense is a fool.

Balkman is not even playing that much and when he does play hes not the same player. He has been able to find his rythm because of Isiah constantly benching him. I hate to see Isiah still running this team but if hes going to I hope he can at least give Nate, Balkman, and Lee big minutes. Wilson Chandler and Randolph Morris should see some minutes as well. Richardson should only play at the end of games when we are gettin blown out, he has no value anymore. The one and only thing he can still do is rebound. More trades are needed but I dont want Isiah doin them. Just imagine if he traded more draft picks away for another one dimensional non-team player.

Anyone at this point who still has the slightest bit of faith in Isiah needs to find another hobby besides sports. Read a book or sumthin. I liked Isiah as a player and up until this year I wanted to see him turn things around but I can say that I truely feel like hes the worst gm ever. Mistake after mistake, and now excuse after excuse. I ask the remaining Isiahsexuals how can you deal with his excuses? He cant man up and take responsibility for anything. How can he blame the fans for the team losing? When the Knicks made the comeback against the Lakers recently, the fans were passionately cheering for the team. At this point all home games should be boycotted, whatever it takes for the necessary changes to be made.

Don't you realized that the first part that I underlined is exactly what I just said? Anyways the bold is what I agree with...the underlined is what I've said in the past...you don't believe EC will get better. This is an ever changing league. Players get better and players will lose athletic ability (not skill). The difference here is EC has bounds of potential, but there's a hitch. Work ethic + Potential= Talent. He has no work ethic so the potential will never translate into talent until he gets that work ethic. Yes he's fat and yes he's over weight and yes he NOW deserves all those cracks all the haters are dishing to him.

I root for my team regardless...seems like you still fail to grasp that fact. You hate Isiah...I don't care. And I'm sorry me supporting this team, regardless of who you hate, bothers you and your ignorant twin.

I'm glad you said that...Read A Book...I'm glad you asked. I'm currently reading The Diligent. I'm learning about the Middle Passage through a first hand perspective. What book are you reading? lol

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
To everyone with Isiah's dick in their mouth. Of course it's not isiah's fault. Its all our fault! We are just a bunch of lousy fans. How dare we criticize this team. After all they try so hard and make so little....

The Kool Aid Checklist:

1. Voted for Bush the second time
2. Sasquatch is real!
3. O.J. couldn't have done it!
4. Isiah has done a great job

You need to calm down a little bit lol. We are losing but its never that serious. Dag...Isiah has gotten into you all's head...I would think most would have more discipline and self-control for this childish behavior...O.J was innocent by the way lol

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Don't you realized that the first part that I underlined is exactly what I just said? Anyways the bold is what I agree with...the underlined is what I've said in the past...you don't believe EC will get better. This is an ever changing league. Players get better and players will lose athletic ability (not skill). The difference here is EC has bounds of potential, but there's a hitch. Work ethic + Potential= Talent. He has no work ethic so the potential will never translate into talent until he gets that work ethic. Yes he's fat and yes he's over weight and yes he NOW deserves all those cracks all the haters are dishing to him.

I root for my team regardless...seems like you still fail to grasp that fact. You hate Isiah...I don't care. And I'm sorry me supporting this team, regardless of who you hate, bothers you and your ignorant twin.

I'm glad you said that...Read A Book...I'm glad you asked. I'm currently reading The Diligent. I'm learning about the Middle Passage through a first hand perspective. What book are you reading? lol

I agreed with part of what you said but when you mentioned isiahs good eye for talent, thats debatable. It was a huge mistake taking Frye over Bynum. At this point I dont think its worth rooting against the team in hopes of Isiah being fired. If he hasnt lost his job yet, he probably wont. This is very dissapointing and it makes it very difficult to still have faith in this Knicks team. Isiah is an idiot and its hard to argue that hes not at this point.

Lee, Balkman, and Nate Rob come out with intensity but everyone else is just going through the motions

Good sentence, I agree with this

Isiah has a good eye for talent but that's the problem...we have too much talent and no one's roles are defined. Everyone wants to score and no one wants to play defense. What Isiah has to do is say Eddy...we need you to score buckets but we also need you to be a force inside...if you can't do that I know Lee or Morris can and I will bench you.

NOt happening and It sounds like you even finally realize this. Its hard to see a center with the physical build of Curry go to waste, but thats what were seeing. As a person, he is too soft and easy going. Isiah isnt going to motivate anyone, again I have no faith in Isiah. I root for the team but I dont support the team or the coach. Alot of changes need to be made. It sounds like you still support Isiah and that you think he is capable of making changes that will improve this team. Before any player changes are made Isiah needs to go before he digs a deeper hole for us. What will it take to get Isiah fired?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agreed with part of what you said but when you mentioned isiahs good eye for talent, thats debatable. It was a huge mistake taking Frye over Bynum. At this point I dont think its worth rooting against the team in hopes of Isiah being fired. If he hasnt lost his job yet, he probably wont. This is very dissapointing and it makes it very difficult to still have faith in this Knicks team. Isiah is an idiot and its hard to argue that hes not at this point.

Lee, Balkman, and Nate Rob come out with intensity but everyone else is just going through the motions

Good sentence, I agree with this

Isiah has a good eye for talent but that's the problem...we have too much talent and no one's roles are defined. Everyone wants to score and no one wants to play defense. What Isiah has to do is say Eddy...we need you to score buckets but we also need you to be a force inside...if you can't do that I know Lee or Morris can and I will bench you.

NOt happening and It sounds like you even finally realize this. Its hard to see a center with the physical build of Curry go to waste, but thats what were seeing. As a person, he is too soft and easy going. Isiah isnt going to motivate anyone, again I have no faith in Isiah. I root for the team but I dont support the team or the coach. Alot of changes need to be made. It sounds like you still support Isiah and that you think he is capable of making changes that will improve this team. Before any player changes are made Isiah needs to go before he digs a deeper hole for us. What will it take to get Isiah fired?

Good post. I do believe that Isiah can turn this team around...and its because he doesn't have a choice. Isiah has an intense competitive spirit and I can't see why he hasn't shown it besides Dolan's dumb media rule. Sometime's players need to be yelled at...if yelling doesn't happen benchtime is next. You either sulk and have a permenant spot there or you get your act together and start taking action. Sink or swim...and Isiah isn't doing that. Yes it is obvious that he has his favorites and that is his downfall...it took half a year for him to bench Curry. Next JC has to hit the bench.

Collins
Marbury
Balkman
Lee
Randolph

Then you can slowly integrate Nate, Crawford, and Curry...using Jeffries and Q-Rich sparingly. Our problem isn't really offense...it is defense and it starts early. So by using this lineup...defensive miscues can be kept to a minimum. Randolph is our only sore spot defensively...everyone else is pretty solid...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree that Isiah has an intense competitive spirit, anyone whos seen him play knows this but I dothink that history has proven he doesnt have the knowledge or the common sense to do this.

Crawford was a better player when he came off the bench, although he nevers play any defense he was more efficient because he had didnt have time to be taking all the shots that he always takes. Although I said he was more efficient, I would never call him efficient. His shooting percentages throughout his career would back this up.

I think I mite potentially like your starting lineup, but Mardy Collins has to prove himself again. He played like he was ready to be a starting point guard for a team last year but has regressed this year, possible from never getting consistent minutes after returning from his injuries. Although Marbury can guard shooting guards, I would still play him at the point just because of the height difference between him and Collins. Athletic 2-guards were the only players that gave Marbury problems last year. I remember him having problems with Jason Richardson but its alot to ask of any point guard to guard a 6'6" shooting guard who is explosive.

I think offense and defense have both been problems, defense being more of a problem. With Marbury back in the right mind state and the right lineup on the court our offense and defense might improve. Randolph has to get himself into better shape. I think no matter what hes an overrated selfish player but I think he is capable of being a little bit more efficient then we have seen, better conditioning I think would improve his fg%, rebounds, and reduce his turnovers.

If Richardson was still in last years form he would be able to make a big difference for us with his scoring, rebounding but most importantly his defense. Unfortunately his back surgery has slowed him down and made him arguably the worst player on this team. Balkman has regressed but I think for the same reason as Collins. He had an injury during preseason and when he came back he never got the consistent minutes to get him back into the groove of things.

What would this team be capable if they played at their full potential? Im not sure but I know they would never be a championship team. Curry, Randolph, and Lee are all below average defenders (Lee is an average defender at best, better then the other 2) and with them this team can only go so far until an intimidator/shot blocker is acquired.

I want Isiah to be gone before anymore moves are made but because Dolan only cares about money like Jay-Z, it looks like Isiah is staying at least for the short term. This makes me sick but as a fan what can I do? I can root for them to lose and hope Isiah gets fired or I can continue to root for them to win. As a true fan I cant root against them and the only thing I can do is hope that Isiah gets fired.

jzero29

Rotation player
Isiah should be done!!!

Isiah's a loser. He's made NY a loser. He's taken this team from borderline playoff team, to a bottom feeder. No one wants to come here, they really need to clean house. An impossible task. I'd trade every contract we have for expiring contracts of nobodies so fast. We need to start over. Our team is screwed up. Ditch everyone!!!!! Isiah First!!