Game: New York Vs. Toronto 12:00

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Rady didn't make the usual game thread so I made it.

Knicks vs. Toronto. In game predictions, stats, and after game discussions go here.

metrocard

Legend
We're a running fast break team. Without Curry, we look so much better on the court. Watching the Knicks play the raptors today. The offense ball movement is so much cleaner and less turnover prone. The defense is MUCH more agressive, active and effective. There are more fastbreaks and rebounds. We make extra passes on offense. Guys like Balkman and Marbury become more invovled which is better for the team.

Knicks are better minus Curry.

nyKnicks126

Yeah man I got to say they are playing good. So what do you think we should do with Curry trade him to Utah for Okur? I think that would be a nice trade for both teams. We are winning 75-55 after the third quarter.

metrocard

Legend
Yeah man I got to say they are playing good. So what do you think we should do with Curry trade him to Utah for Okur? I think that would be a nice trade for both teams.

I'm not sure. Considering Jerry Sloan is the head coach. Could you imagine Curry and Sloan? Sloan doesn't even allow player to wear headbands, Curry would die in Utah. Okur would be a nice pick up though. A guy who can hit a jumpshot at the C spot and rebound, that'll definately help with Marbury who loves to play around guys who hit their jumpers(KVH). Good idea though, I like where you're going.

What about Gasol? Even Garnett or Jermaine O'Neil. I'll give Curry, Fyre, Robinson plus draft picks for those All star elite big men.

nyKnicks126

I would take Garnett without no problem. But I still think M. Okur would fit in nicely in New York. He is quick for a Center too.

JC11_EC34

Rookie
The Knicks are looking great right now, but I still have faith in Eddy Curry. I know the only reason he's been in a slump lately is because of the absence of Jamal Crawford, since Curry and Crawford have such good on-court chemistry. Also, the absence of David Lee has contributed to Eddy's frustration too, since opponents are using bigger players to guard Eddy. When Lee and Crawford return, Curry will regain his powerful offense. And defense can be taught, so I have faith that Eddy will learn defense over time. I just hope we keep this 20-point lead and demolish the Raptors. Frye and Balkman are doing great. Keep it up!!

metrocard

Legend
Isiahsexuals, Curry and Crawful lovers...where you at'?

s057185f4a5bbf44c6ce464jy1.gif

nyKnicks126

Great 3rd quarter wow 35-13 the Knicks outscored the Raptors. Why did Curry only play like 16 minutes? This game was an important one 92-74 for the Knicks!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
it was just the match ups, great game for the knicks, putting balkman on bargniani was a great move cuz that guy seems he scared to dribble, also great game by jefferies

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
wow the knicks play so much better without curry, they basically had no turnovers wen he was out, they played better D, they ran alot, they were efficent. wen hes in their is so many turnovers

nyKnicks126

Exactly. like I said in the Balkman thread. He had 15 pts and 12 rebs. Poor at the line but very nice performance by this young player. I liked his hustle too.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Throughout this game I couldn't help but crack a smile....Offense is good but D looks so much better to me:thumbsup:

GetRealistic

Starter
We def looked good today, but then again every 5 games we play a good one. We looked good without Curry for a quarter spert, also Francis didn't turn the ball over so it wasn't just Curry. Just Remember how everybody thought in 99 how we were a better team without Ewing on the floor (and no i'm not comparing ewing and Curry metro) then we got to the finals without a legit low post presence and lost. Curry is important to the team and hes not going to be traded so get used to it. You can think up your Crawford trades though cause that may happen, with all the talk of Seatle players.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
i thought most of you said the season was over a couple of days ago. now were a better team without curry? no way. the only reason this worked today without eddy was because toronto turned it over so much. im not saying we didnt play great d but the fast break only worked because of the turnovers. there is no way we are a better team without curry and we need him to play well for us to win. hes not going anywhere so you can stop thinking of trades cuz its just not gonna happen. curry is with us for a the long haul and i believe he can become a very solid player on both sides of the court with a little enthusiasm. hes still young so dont give up yet. channing seems to be back and watching that third quarter was the most fun ive had in a long time with jeffries and renaldo taking over defensively. steph hit some big shots and the garden was pumped up.

metrocard

Legend
We def looked good today, but then again every 5 games we play a good one. We looked good without Curry for a quarter spert, also Francis didn't turn the ball over so it wasn't just Curry. Just Remember how everybody thought in 99 how we were a better team without Ewing on the floor (and no i'm not comparing ewing and Curry metro) then we got to the finals without a legit low post presence and lost. Curry is important to the team and hes not going to be traded so get used to it. You can think up your Crawford trades though cause that may happen, with all the talk of Seatle players.

We know Curry isn't going to get traded sucka'. We want him traded though, this is a Knicks forum where we express what we feel is best for the team. why do you sound happy saying it? I accually think Isiahsexuals love it when Knicks have an issue or problem they must face in the next years, or when they lose or miss the playoffs every season.

Everybody? Lol...w/e. Curry is AIDS to the Knicks. Ewing could atleast hit a jumpshot, and wasn't predictable, he was a factor defensively. Ewing just got hit up injuries. In 99, we had a deep team, with a good bench and good defensive players. This Knicks roster is the anti 99' Knicks. Bad comparision.

Curry needs to go. He does the same every game. Francis chuck up alot of bad shots, he had a decent game with 8 assist though.

nyKnicks126

I think Isiah has noticed that we did play good without Curry. I hope he will play Balkman more, cause once again like I said before he deserves it.

metrocard

Legend
i thought most of you said the season was over a couple of days ago. now were a better team without curry? no way. the only reason this worked today without eddy was because toronto turned it over so much. im not saying we didnt play great d but the fast break only worked because of the turnovers. there is no way we are a better team without curry and we need him to play well for us to win. hes not going anywhere so you can stop thinking of trades cuz its just not gonna happen. curry is with us for a the long haul and i believe he can become a very solid player on both sides of the court with a little enthusiasm. hes still young so dont give up yet. channing seems to be back and watching that third quarter was the most fun ive had in a long time with jeffries and renaldo taking over defensively. steph hit some big shots and the garden was pumped up.

Yeh, I've seen this bullshit alot of times. We win a game, the Isiahsexuals come out and overhype everything, like we're on the road to the NBA Finals. We lose the next game, the shut the fuck up and are no where to be found. I'm not wanting the Knicks to lose any games, I'm dying for the playoffs, but I'm tired of dumbasses like you posting your unreasonable faith up Isiah's ass all the time that doesn't even relate to the Knicks. Its just Isiah vs anyone or everyone. Shut up already man, stop bitching.

Knicks are better without Curry, period. You saw it today.

Toronto turned it over cause Jefferies and Balkman know how to play POSITION DEFENSE. Curry is the worst in the NBA at position DEFENSE. We forced Toronto to take bad shots. Curry doesn't force his defender to take bad shots, cause Curry isn't a shot blocker and he doesn't provide a defensive presence in the paint.

The Knicks (Isiah Thomas) actually gave Eddy Curry 65% of all the Knicks offensive plays this season to get him to at least be a decent NBA Center that can score.
To do this the Knicks had to take 6.11 Channing Frye out of the paint on offense to give Eddy Curry room to go ONE on ONE. Curry Failure this season cost the entire Knick-Team to Fail because he gets all the playingtime at the Center position while failing each game to be that dominate center and go to guy.

Curry = offensively role player who's inferior at every other aspect of basketball.

metrocard

Legend
I think Isiah has noticed that we did play good without Curry. I hope he will play Balkman more, cause once again like I said before he deserves it.

Co-sign, I agree. With that point being made, I want Isiah to give Frye a chance. Frye can be an offensive threat with his jumpshooting. Despiting being soft in the post, Frye isn't predictable. Plus we have a penatrator with Marbury, and I think Isiah hasn't expose the chemistry between Steph and Channing ENOUGH, which is something that can be deadly. Remember Steph and KVH balling it up couple years ago?

JC11_EC34

Rookie

Thanks for bringing some sense into this conversation. I hate it when these haters come on here to bash Curry and Isiah. Curry is young, and he will be with us for a long time, and he will only get better. We have a solid team here, with all this young talent, and next year we will be a force. Isiah has done a good job guiding this young team. He believes in his players, unlike crackhead Larry Brown who blamed everyone else for his own incompetence. I'm glad Isiah is staying, because he clicks with these players, and they will do their best for him, because he gave them a chance. GO KNICKS!!!!