What would your Knicks lineup be?

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Sup ere1. I'm new here so forgive me if there's been a similar thread but I was wondering (since a lot of yall think Zeke's doin such a horrible job) who would be your starters & bench players? Mine would look like this.....

Starters:
PG: Marbury-Let him do his thing
SG: Francis-I'd hope he would drive to the hole n get sum assists/get 2 foul line
SF: Jefferies-Defense/doesn't need the ball/Rebounds
PF: Frye-Rebound/If he could block sum shots that would be BIG/Pick-n-Pop wit steph/francis
C: Curry-Automatic in the paint

Bench:
PG: Robinson-Energy/Shooter
SG: Collins-Defense/Run the offense
SF: Q-Rich-Defense/Shooter/Don't 4get he can get rebounds
PF: Balkman-Energy/Defense/Rebound
C: Lee-Energy/Match up Problems/Boards

Marbury n Francis would be great in that lineup 1 of them would always have the ball in their hands (which is their game). Jefferies can get sum off. rebs. from time 2 time, Marbury n Francis could run Pick-n-Pop w/ Frye all GAME, N u get the ball to Curry.

I LOVE da Bench, u got a Fastbreak waiting to happen. I know that Q deserves 2start over Francis but he'd probably do better off da bench and Francis would play better in that lineup. Reasons why Crawford isn't in there Bcuz I don't like him (as a basketball player) and he'll probably be out 4 year.

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
My ideal starting line up would include Kevin Garnett, Labron James and Eddie Curry but in reality it will look more like this.

Marbury
Crawford
Richardson
Rose
Curry

You read it right. I'd start Rose. I like is hustle. He reminds me of Oakley.

The Tradables:
Every one else outside of David Lee and Renaldo Balkman.

The problem is two of the five players we are starting are injured. The other problem is we've got two Run and Gun guards (Marbury and Francis) playing on the same team at the same time. No wonder Curry isn't getting enough touches. Last statement, we need a consistent PF rotation of Rose/Lee. Many of you may disagree but I'd much rather see Frye as a back up Center than a shooting PF. Contrary to popular opinion Jefferson doesn't suck, he's just not starting material. He's great coming off the bench. I'd have him back up Richardson at SF.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
What we really need is sum1 who can really shoot, even if that's all he's good 4. If we had a Eddie House (Nets), Jason Kapono (Heat), or a (Blank) Carrol from the Bobcats (4got his name) we would easily be in the top 8 of the Eastern conference. This would let Curry get more 1on1 matchups and if they decide to double n tripple team Curry then they would risk giving up a bomb from downtown. It would also be nice to have a perenial All Star on the roster. I would trade ne1 on roster except Marbury, Lee, Balkman, Curry, and Frye(who will be a 20ppg, 10reb player in 2-3yrs GUARANTEED). Only reason he's struggling this yr. is he put on a lot of muscle n his jumpshot didn't have the same touch. Y do u think he's doing somuch better now? Another problem he's having is he's a lil hestitate with his shot but that will stop soon (coaching staff told him to trust his shot). Look @ the Toronto game Sunday. Every1 else is tradable except Francis (no team is dumb enuff 2 take that contract) so we're stuck wit him. I think u can trade Crawford, Q-Rich n a Robinson 4 a All Star (Ray Allen, Kirilenko, Artest, Garnett, Redd, I think u could get Kobe,LaBron or Anthony if u threw in a Draft pick or 2 plus those players would have 2 wanna leave their current team)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
My Starting line up for the New York Knicks would be like this.
C. Eddy Curry(Good at the down low spot)
PF. David Lee(Plays with heart and great hustle and good rebounder)
SF. Quentin Richardson(Good rebounder)
SG. Jamal Crawford
PG. Shephon Marbury

Bench:
Fyre, Balkman, Robinson, Rose, Jeffries, Francis.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Sup ere1. I'm new here so forgive me if there's been a similar thread but I was wondering (since a lot of yall think Zeke's doin such a horrible job) who would be your starters & bench players? Mine would look like this.....

Starters:
PG: Marbury-Let him do his thing
SG: Francis-I'd hope he would drive to the hole n get sum assists/get 2 foul line
SF: Jefferies-Defense/doesn't need the ball/Rebounds
PF: Frye-Rebound/If he could block sum shots that would be BIG/Pick-n-Pop wit steph/francis
C: Curry-Automatic in the paint

Bench:
PG: Robinson-Energy/Shooter
SG: Collins-Defense/Run the offense
SF: Q-Rich-Defense/Shooter/Don't 4get he can get rebounds
PF: Balkman-Energy/Defense/Rebound
C: Lee-Energy/Match up Problems/Boards

Marbury n Francis would be great in that lineup 1 of them would always have the ball in their hands (which is their game). Jefferies can get sum off. rebs. from time 2 time, Marbury n Francis could run Pick-n-Pop w/ Frye all GAME, N u get the ball to Curry.

I LOVE da Bench, u got a Fastbreak waiting to happen. I know that Q deserves 2start over Francis but he'd probably do better off da bench and Francis would play better in that lineup. Reasons why Crawford isn't in there Bcuz I don't like him (as a basketball player) and he'll probably be out 4 year.

That seems about the same for me.

metrocard

Legend
PG - Marbury
SG - Collins
SF - Balkman
PF - Lee
C - Frye

6th Crawford
7th Balkman
8th Robinson
9th Jefferies

Eddy Curry dies from obesity.

timnakhla

Rookie
First Unit:
Marbury
Marty
Jeffries
Rose
Curry

Second unit:
Francis
Nate
Balkman
Fry
James

With the injuries to Crawford, Lee & Q, I think you gotta have a balanced 1st and 2nd units cuz we tend to lose once our starters sit down....

FameMos

Benchwarmer
First Unit:
Marbury
Marty
Jeffries
Rose
Curry

Second unit:
Francis
Nate
Balkman
Fry
James

With the injuries to Crawford, Lee & Q, I think you gotta have a balanced 1st and 2nd units cuz we tend to lose once our starters sit down....
That is in my opinion byfar the best 1st unit 4 this team (Chemistry wise). I'd have 2 disagree wit the 2nd unit as far as their chemistry is concerned but I really do like that 1st unit. But as we all know, Isaiah wouldn't start Collins so u can 4get about that happening.

STARTERS:
1-Steph(who else???)
2-Steve/Mardy(About equal minutes)
3-Q-Rich(Good D, Good Offense, alot better than jefferies)
4-Channing(MayB david in a little while after he returns, we need to make sure he is the same)
5-Curry(We need to find a GOOD back-up that can relieve him when eddy needs it)

BENCH:
Nate(i think he can eventually be as good as steph, he's just gotta work at it)
Steve/Mardy(About equal minutes)
DLee(if he plays well in his first 2 games back he will swap with channing)
JJames(he's gotta be on the roster somehow)
Malik(he's a grizzled vet, knows how to win, is a "player-coach")
Balkman(i love the energy he plays with, with some work over the offseason, he will probably have alot maore playing time, needs work on his shot)
Jefferies(He's okay, good d, needs alot of work on his shot, and he is a worse-than-terrible free throw shooter-38%)
Cato(i dont know why im putting him on this cuz i dont even know if he is on the active roster, but if he is, i dont know why we wouldnt use him as a back-up 4 curry)