Francis Buyout Likely

FameMos

Benchwarmer
The faster we get rid of Francis the better. All Francis is good 4 is turning the ball over and STEALING minutes from Robinson and Collins who probably deserves 2 start right now.

metrocard

Legend
The faster we get rid of Francis the better. All Francis is good 4 is turning the ball over and STEALING minutes from Robinson and Collins who probably deserves 2 start right now.

Agreed. Francis should have never been brought here in the first place. Where did all the Francis supporters go anyway? I heard people say Marbury/Francis backcourt will be better than a Championship backcourt of Billups and Hamilton. LOL Reality is a bitch huh?

Starks

Starter
Agreed. Francis should have never been brought here in the first place. Where did all the Francis supporters go anyway? I heard people say Marbury/Francis backcourt will be better than a Championship backcourt of Billups and Hamilton. LOL Reality is a bitch huh?

HAHAHAHA Yea, I do remember that. There was a thread last year that boasted about a duo of francis and steph being the best in the league. I mentioned something about billups/hamilton, nash/bell and got like a dozen angry responses. Thats about the same time I gave this site like a 4 month break.

It's almost time for an official, "I Told You So" Thread- but I'm not gona be the jerk that starts that one. lol

paris401

Starter
the pity is if the knicks buy him out, he still counts against the cap for the next 2 years... rumor's they mite also buy out burger-king james..

what a way to ruin... i mean run a team..

tiger0330

Legend
To be fair, I think Isiah is not using SF correctly. Franchise is a 3 time All Star that in his prime was playing 40+ minutes a game, he is the type of player that needs minutes to be at his best. Nate and Collins replacing SF is a joke, I would be giving Franchise his minutes for this playoff push because

1.there aren't many games left and our playoff hopes are slipping away playing who we are playing now.
2. He's a vet who actually has some playoff experience.

I agree that acquiring Franchise was a bad move and that'll get corrected in the off season but for now lets see if we can use him to shake things up and salvage a playoff spot.

tiger0330

Legend
the pity is if the knicks buy him out, he still counts against the cap for the next 2 years... rumor's they mite also buy out burger-king james..

what a way to ruin... i mean run a team..
True but they reduce their luxury tax obligation. So if the buyout is in the range of $20-22M, the Knicks will save ~$42M.

paris401

Starter
True but they reduce their luxury tax obligation. So if the buyout is in the range of $20-22M, the Knicks will save ~$42M.

reducing the luxury tax is good for dolan, but does jack-shit for the team. we have lots of dead-wood on this team, and no way to get rid of it..

metrocard

Legend
HAHAHAHA Yea, I do remember that. There was a thread last year that boasted about a duo of francis and steph being the best in the league. I mentioned something about billups/hamilton, nash/bell and got like a dozen angry responses. Thats about the same time I gave this site like a 4 month break.

It's almost time for an official, "I Told You So" Thread- but I'm not gona be the jerk that starts that one. lol

LMAO, that would be ultimate ether. If that happend to us, those guys would make that thread in a heartbeat. But we're usually right about things, so we don't sweat.

Anyway, Francis needs to go.

nicks are 2-5 since Francis rejoined the starting lineup (and 3-7 since he returned to the rotation) — a move prompted by injuries to Crawford and Richardson. The Knicks are 8-16 this season with Francis in the starting lineup, and 22-23 without him. They are 13-23 when Francis plays, and 17-16 when he does not.

^ From the NY Times.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I would like Francis to stay in NY. He has improved and stepped up ever since the injury of Crawford came along. I think he can do gbetter if he gets a chance.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
To be fair, I think Isiah is not using SF correctly. Franchise is a 3 time All Star that in his prime was playing 40+ minutes a game, he is the type of player that needs minutes to be at his best. Nate and Collins replacing SF is a joke, I would be giving Franchise his minutes for this playoff push because

1.there aren't many games left and our playoff hopes are slipping away playing who we are playing now.
2. He's a vet who actually has some playoff experience.

I agree that acquiring Franchise was a bad move and that'll get corrected in the off season but for now lets see if we can use him to shake things up and salvage a playoff spot.

Here's the problem with playing Francis. He needs the ball and bitches if he doesn't get minutes, which is odd behavior considering that he was injured for 3/4 of the season. I read an article where Francis said he doesn't need the ball to be affective. Can any one tell me what Francis does other than score? I'm not trying to be a smart ass but for real. If some one knows let me know. If Stevo went out there got some steels and played some Artest style D then trading him wouldn't be up for debate. Francis is a good player but he doesn't fit in with the Knicks. Like it or not, Curry is the offensive focal, not Marbury and not Francis. We don't need Steve jacking up air balls. Bottom line, Marbury bought into the system buy Francis didnt' so he's got to go.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I'm honeslty wondering how much longer francis is gonna continue playing period... wat made him steve "franchise" was his speed n athleticism gettin to the basket... he also had great handles n was 1 of the hardest players in the league to stay infront of on D... but with his age and injuries slowing him down... what does he have left?.. and he is only gonna get but so much better in terms of health ( I think that these last couple injuries have put a permanent damper on his game and he's not gonna recover fully). Francis needs to go... but before going to another team i kinda see him just disappearing.......:boohoo:

yea ouch right... just my opinion

Last edited: