Q-Rich Done for Season- Has back surgery

I am sorry to be the one that has to break this news to you guys but here it is:

Knicks forward Quentin Richardson will miss the rest of the season after having back surgery.

The Knicks announced Friday that Richardson had a successful microdiskectomy Thursday in Miami. The procedure, which removes fragments from a herniated disk, comes with a recovery time of about three months.

Dr. Barth Green, who performed the operation at UM-Jackson Memorial Hospital, said Richardson "is expected to resume a normal NBA career.''

Richardson has missed the last seven games because of his chronic back trouble. He was limited to only 55 games last season, his first in New York, and will finish this one with an average of 13 points in 49 games.

The Knicks have also been playing without Jamal Crawford (ankle) and David Lee (leg). Another starter, Steve Francis, went down with a sprained ankle Wednesday in a victory over Cleveland.

Another great pick up a 24 year old who can't get insurance on his contract because its so bad. These injuries only get worse not better so it will be downhill from here for Q. Horrible trade wish we had Kurt Thomas although I think Q is a good guy. Met Kurt Thomas several times and he was the man let me put it that way. Anyways I just renewed my season tickets for the playoffs so I'm still holding out hope. We are 1 1/2 games behind orlando. Lets pray for a miracle tonight. Post your thoughts about Q and if you would rather have Kurt Thomas which is exactly what this team needs right now a Defensive stopper who will throw his body aroudn teh court.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
i think we all knew this was gonna come sooner or later.... makes u think tho.. these players really go through a lot for our entertainment.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Yeah, I saw this earlier.....It's probably for the best, and hopefully this means he'll be good for next year. Keep an eye on Peja in NOK, he just had the same surgery, and could be making his comeback against the Knicks on Saturday....

metrocard

Legend
Poor guy. He had a great season. Could of averaged 15 points and 7.5 rebounds if he stayed healthy. Seems like something bad happends to him each year, but he's such a good person with a good attitude thats good for the team locker room.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
i was just saying that there would be no chance of us going 2 the finals w/o a shooter. What's the point of making the playoffs if ur not gonna win the championship? No 1 goes 2 the playoffs just so they can say they made it 2 the playoffs their there 2 win the whole thing.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This sucks. Richardson is untradable now. I don't see any one picking him up even in a package. Hopefully he can come back strong but I've had a back injury before. Once your back is out your screwed.