Carter Trade?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
There is a 75% chance that we will get Vince Carter during the off season.
What is a possible trade, I made one up that would benefit both teams

We should do a sign and trade with the Nets, We trade Steve Francis,Channing Frye,Q-Rich,2nd round 08 pick for Vince Carter, Nenad Krstic, Marcus Williams.
Depending on the cap it would be right. VC will be picking up alot of cash for his veteran contract. 23m-23m.

(Draft of 08 will not be to strong, like this year.)

paris401

Starter

We should do a sign and trade with the Nets, We trade Steve Francis,Channing Frye,Q-Rich,2nd round 08 pick for Vince Carter, Nenad Krstic, Marcus Williams.
Depending on the cap it would be right. VC will be picking up alot of cash for his veteran contract. 23m-23m.

1st off rod thorn is not IT... he is not stupid and he ain't taking stevie franchise, nor is q-rich and his un-insurable back going anywhere.

on the other side, doubt nenad has much value due to his injury, and marcus is being groomed as the heir apparent for kidd (he has large shoes to fill)

i doubt that IT will be able to swing any large trades, cause all we got to trade is Shit (that's with a capital S ).. and i am not talking about our young guys (frye/lee/nate/balkman/collins).. i'm talking about our vet's, and here they are in all their gory... i mean glory..

curry... he is a keeper.. he is still young and hopefully improves his "D", develops a 10' jumper.

marbury... he too is a keeper, but for a different reason... nobody is taking on his 42m contract

jamal... his value has dropped due to his injury, but there are some gm's who will take a chance.

q-rich- see above... untradeable, BUT i liked his game earlier in the season, maybe he comes back healthy

malik... a solid vet, who would be a compliment on a good team... we are not a good team, little trade value vu his contract

now the 'dog-shit'

jefferies... u can't give him away

francis... see above comment re jefferies, only his value is less

burger-king james... see above comments re jefferies and francis, only his value is less then francis.... is this even possible???

that my friends is the current and future view of our ny knicks...

metrocard

Legend
1st off rod thorn is not IT... he is not stupid and he ain't taking stevie franchise, nor is q-rich and his un-insurable back going anywhere.

on the other side, doubt nenad has much value due to his injury, and marcus is being groomed as the heir apparent for kidd (he has large shoes to fill)

i doubt that IT will be able to swing any large trades, cause all we got to trade is Shit (that's with a capital S ).. and i am not talking about our young guys (frye/lee/nate/balkman/collins).. i'm talking about our vet's, and here they are in all their gory... i mean glory..

curry... he is a keeper.. he is still young and hopefully improves his "D", develops a 10' jumper.

marbury... he too is a keeper, but for a different reason... nobody is taking on his 42m contract

jamal... his value has dropped due to his injury, but there are some gm's who will take a chance.

q-rich- see above... untradeable, BUT i liked his game earlier in the season, maybe he comes back healthy

malik... a solid vet, who would be a compliment on a good team... we are not a good team, little trade value vu his contract

now the 'dog-shit'

jefferies... u can't give him away

francis... see above comment re jefferies, only his value is less

burger-king james... see above comments re jefferies and francis, only his value is less then francis.... is this even possible???

that my friends is the current and future view of our ny knicks...

Basically...

GetRealistic

Starter
I want nothing to do with Vince Carter. He'll score his points but will add nothing to the team. Plus why would the Nets give up Kristic a young 7 footer, and Marcus Willams a young potentially good point guard for are trash. If your gonna propose a trade make it atleast semi possible.

Musa

Rookie

It sounds great BUT:

Do you think that the GM of the NETS is stupid enough to take Steve Francis and Q-Rich?

Stop dreaming! Nenad Kristic is very important for the Nets so there is no reason to trade him.

insomniac

Benchwarmer
vince carter isnt the solution... he does not fit in our plans... i wouldnt take him for free. there isnt enough shots to go around and he isnt young. i does not fit in out plans at all!!! although for the short term he may make us a little better like a 6 seed i think we could do that or better anyway next year if we are healthy and he isnt winning us no championship and that is the ultimate goal.

lets not add the payroll for no reason

Musa

Rookie
We have a lot of players with 0 value (Francis, Jerome Burger James, Q-Rich). I can`t understand people who create trades which include Francis, Jerome Burger James or Q-Rich.

I don`think we need big trades to reach the playoffs next year. We have a lot of talent. Lets give them time to develop. I can`t understand people who want Frye to be traded. Last year he was called a big "steal" and right now people look upon Frye as loser and I think it`s not ok to treat him that way.

We need to be patient. I know that this sounds hard but that`s it. Last year I was one of those guys who wanted Marbury to get traded but right know I think we should keep him.

What´s the overall message?

If there is a stupid GM who wants to have Francis, Q-Rich or JJ then trade them.

Also tradable: JCrawford, Eddy Curry

Keep the rest of the team.

metrocard

Legend
We have a lot of players with 0 value (Francis, Jerome Burger James, Q-Rich). I can`t understand people who create trades which include Francis, Jerome Burger James or Q-Rich.

I don`think we need big trades to reach the playoffs next year. We have a lot of talent. Lets give them time to develop. I can`t understand people who want Frye to be traded. Last year he was called a big "steal" and right now people look upon Frye as loser and I think it`s not ok to treat him that way.

We need to be patient. I know that this sounds hard but that`s it. Last year I was one of those guys who wanted Marbury to get traded but right know I think we should keep him.

What´s the overall message?

If there is a stupid GM who wants to have Francis, Q-Rich or JJ then trade them.

Also tradable: JCrawford, Eddy Curry

Keep the rest of the team.

Great post, maybe you should add to the realstic discussion on the Knicks thread.

metrocard

Legend
A article go look it up I'm sure you got nothing better to do. Seriously. Go ahead. Google it .

Go ahead and post the article then, don't you want to prove your agruement correct atleast once? It'll boost whatever is left in your self esteem, trust me. I don't have time to educate you my son, I work, college it out, and the girls keep me up all night, feel me? Peace.

GetRealistic

Starter
Go ahead and post the article then, don't you want to prove your agruement correct atleast once? It'll boost whatever is left in your self esteem, trust me. I don't have time to educate you my son, I work, college it out, and the girls keep me up all night, feel me? Peace.

OOOhh jeeze Metro. You made a good arguement then you had to go and talk about girls keeping you up all night. Just saying that proves to me your a lonely guy dude. Stick to the basketball and leave your lack of a social life out of this. Plus the dude your arguing with probably hasn't even hit puberty yet.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
Vince is an overrated bum

I want nothing to do with Vince Carter. He'll score his points but will add nothing to the team. Plus why would the Nets give up Kristic a young 7 footer, and Marcus Willams a young potentially good point guard for are trash. If your gonna propose a trade make it atleast semi possible.

Seriously dude...What could this guy do for us, make us at best mediocre? I have never liked him b/c I have always envisioned him as a team killer stat filler...Actually with IT's trading history, he is a perfect guy for us to repeat history; overpay for a has been superstar that we are stuck with for the next decade...Anyway, I think Mardy fits our plans better than MWilliams b/c the dude can def defend, run a basketball team, and does not feel he needs to score to help the team. This deal proposed seems incredibly far-fetched and I would absolutely hate it if it actually did happen...We should just dump our shitheads (JJ13 and Franchise) by either a trade for more garbage with shorter contracts OR just buy them out making them "go away" (like what zeke said to Mutumbo back in the day) and get some cheap D-Leaguers (long range shooters who play D perhaps, if they still make those types of players in this pre-madonna, Streisandesque league now) and develop them like he did with Jackie Butler and that Udoka guy from last year. IT's tenure has def been suspect for unemployment, but his resume of evaluating young talent is above average at least...But all in all getting Vince would be the stupidest thing we could do for the chemistry and direction of the team.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Seriously dude...What could this guy do for us, make us at best mediocre? I have never liked him b/c I have always envisioned him as a team killer stat filler...Actually with IT's trading history, he is a perfect guy for us to repeat history; overpay for a has been superstar that we are stuck with for the next decade...Anyway, I think Mardy fits our plans better than MWilliams b/c the dude can def defend, run a basketball team, and does not feel he needs to score to help the team. This deal proposed seems incredibly far-fetched and I would absolutely hate it if it actually did happen...We should just dump our shitheads (JJ13 and Franchise) by either a trade for more garbage with shorter contracts OR just buy them out making them "go away" (like what zeke said to Mutumbo back in the day) and get some cheap D-Leaguers (long range shooters who play D perhaps, if they still make those types of players in this pre-madonna, Streisandesque league now) and develop them like he did with Jackie Butler and that Udoka guy from last year. IT's tenure has def been suspect for unemployment, but his resume of evaluating young talent is above average at least...But all in all getting Vince would be the stupidest thing we could do for the chemistry and direction of the team.

ditto... i'm also a Nets fan and have watched Vince launch fallaway 3 pointers and shrivel up in pressure situations and his complete utter lack of defense... let's keep him out of nyc...

the only VC trade rod thorn would prolly pull off would prolly look something like
VC, Kristic, MWilliams, J Collins
Curry, Frye, JJ13, Crawford

This way... the Nets get a post presence and shooter to play with Jefferson and Kidd... and the Knicks shed the contract of Burger King...

The Knicks pick up a true pass first point guard in the mold of JKidd... a versatile 7 footer who can shoot and rebound (curry's weaknesses)... a marquee scorer and JCollins to play defense off the bench...

not sure I like the trade either way... but this one is more realistic...