Progress Defined- Playoffs Skips NYC Again

Starks

Starter
What about Toronto this year? Didn't they only have 27 wins last year? Now they've won the Atlantic and are definitely a team on the rise. With Colangelo as their GM, look out for the Raptors in the future. I'm jealous. Hopefully the Knicks can pull that kind of turn around next year.

Dont forget about Larry Brown. He did it also i think w/ philly- maybe spurs also.

Either way, its not uncommon for a bad team to bounce back into the playoffs. Clippers, Mavs... the list is endlist

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
You know it kills me how so many people give Isiah a pass every year. Yet, no matter what changes were made every year, the one thing that has stayed constant, and that's Isiah and that's why this team will never win.
1) Trades for KVH for TT and Nazr, right when the Knicks we gelling and the team tanks.
2) Hires Lenny Wilkens as the Coach and fires him before the season ends and signs Crawford by giving Chicago every expiring contract that we had.
3) Makes the brilliant trade dealine moves to bring in those difference makers Malik Rose and M Taylor and uses one of the very guys he traded for the prior season when he threw the monkey wrench into the spokes.
4) Goes out and gets that big man that the Knicks need, Jerome James and gives hima 5 year contract.
6) Hires Larry Brown and looks like Finally he has done something right but fires him at the end of the year because he thought that he could do a better job.
7) During the same off season gets Eddy Curry and gives away 2 lottery picks for him.
8) Get's Steve Frances so now the Knicks make half their team small guards who like to dominate the ball. Uses Trevor Ariza, a young swing man that plays D and Penny's exipring contract to bring in another HUGE contract.
9) Ballons the Knicks to the largest payroll in NBA history and can't make the playoffs for 3 years in a row!

Does anyone remember when KVH was here, the Knicks were actually wining?!?! If you remember, after the Marbury trade, they started to gel and was wining and looked dominate at times. Isiah makes trades just to make trades. There is no rhym or reason to his moves. He looks lost as a GM and his strength is drafting, yet he has traded away the last 3 years of draft picks but to his credit, he has drafted well. If Dolan was smart, he would retain Isiah as a scout and hire West as a GM. Let Herb coach through these next few years while the knicks try to recover from the wrath of Isiah.

Starks

Starter
You know it kills me how so many people give Isiah a pass every year. Yet, no matter what changes were made every year, the one thing that has stayed constant, and that's Isiah and that's why this team will never win.
1) Trades for KVH for TT and Nazr, right when the Knicks we gelling and the team tanks.
2) Hires Lenny Wilkens as the Coach and fires him before the season ends and signs Crawford by giving Chicago every expiring contract that we had.
3) Makes the brilliant trade dealine moves to bring in those difference makers Malik Rose and M Taylor and uses one of the very guys he traded for the prior season when he threw the monkey wrench into the spokes.
4) Goes out and gets that big man that the Knicks need, Jerome James and gives hima 5 year contract.
6) Hires Larry Brown and looks like Finally he has done something right but fires him at the end of the year because he thought that he could do a better job.
7) During the same off season gets Eddy Curry and gives away 2 lottery picks for him.
8) Get's Steve Frances so now the Knicks make half their team small guards who like to dominate the ball. Uses Trevor Ariza, a young swing man that plays D and Penny's exipring contract to bring in another HUGE contract.
9) Ballons the Knicks to the largest payroll in NBA history and can't make the playoffs for 3 years in a row!

Does anyone remember when KVH was here, the Knicks were actually wining?!?! If you remember, after the Marbury trade, they started to gel and was wining and looked dominate at times. Isiah makes trades just to make trades. There is no rhym or reason to his moves. He looks lost as a GM and his strength is drafting, yet he has traded away the last 3 years of draft picks but to his credit, he has drafted well. If Dolan was smart, he would retain Isiah as a scout and hire West as a GM. Let Herb coach through these next few years while the knicks try to recover from the wrath of Isiah.

I never thought I'd say this but, I miss Don Chaney.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player

you speak the truth bruh... i remember there were questions about steph and KVH gelling after their history in NJ... but they were winning... I always thought that was Isiah's dumbest move until giving away unprotected lottery picks in the Curry trade... could be Oden... could be Durant... Connelly...

I don't think Isiah's ego will allow him to stay on as merely a scout... he'd probably accept being placed as GM with West as President... I think Dolan might have made the right move by saying he wanted Isiah's blessing... now he's backed IT into a corner by saying hey... you want to win so bad... let's bring in this guy and let you focus on coaching/GMing... good post...

metrocard

Legend
Dont forget about Larry Brown. He did it also i think w/ philly- maybe spurs also.

Either way, its not uncommon for a bad team to bounce back into the playoffs. Clippers, Mavs... the list is endlist

Basically every team Isiah has traded with, he has revived their Franchise.

Look at the jump Phoneix made 3 years ago. Isiah gave Phoneix cap room, which lead to PHX signing a possible 3 time NBA MVP.

Chicago
Orlando
Raptors

^ all playoff teams with shitloads of potential to be the top elite teams in the East. Thanks to Isiah.

all you haters knicks did good job this year be cuz they was 5 best player outt

and now watch next year u will see were the knicks its gona be and i will see all thos hater wat now they hate knicks and next year to come and sey im real fan of knicks blah blah blah

knciks 4 lifeeeeeee

sorry about my language thats all i no to writ english.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
It's all good man...you should be frustrated...I don't call them haters anymore ha, I call'em fakers cuz if they were fans then they wouldn't diss OUR team better than some heat and net fans...jump aboard some other teams if you keep crying those negative tears. Knicks for life...ride and like where we're going or get up out the car...1...and for the haters...I'd like you to read (if you can) the words below....thank you

paris401

Starter
It's all good man...you should be frustrated...I don't call them haters anymore ha, I call'em fakers cuz if they were fans then they wouldn't diss OUR team better than some heat and net fans...jump aboard some other teams if you keep crying those negative tears. Knicks for life...ride and like where we're going or get up out the car...1...and for the haters...I'd like you to read (if you can) the words below....thank you

so please tell... how long do we have to wait for a winner???

metrocard

Legend

I dunno. It seems like these guys hate the Knicks. They support Isiah, cancer like players as in Crawful, Chubbs, Francis. Its like they want the Knicks to be like THIS forever, they're not accepting any change which shows a lot of hate, even for a Raptors fan. They never seem frustrated after consecutive terrible seasons led by Dolan/Isiah. The last 3 years, we had the same problems. Turnovers and defense. Its sad, they never seem to think as individuals, they just agree with Thomas/Dolan regime. Drop Crawford, Chubbs, Francis...this team is BIGGER than them. I can't imagine what they say next year.

Albo_knicks4life, you show your IQ when you start your post with "everyone is a hater". Why can't you just say, "no one will agree with me because I defend Isiah to the death, so you must be a hater if you don't follow my path of destruction."

You predicting next year is comical. This happend last year. People on my ignore list said the same childish bull you said last year, and look at where we are now. Even the year before, and the year before that. All you Isiahist blab the same bull every year. Atleast come up with new material with the propoganda you munch off.

hometheaterguy, these guys dont want to remember when KVH was when...or when we WERE winning. All they seem to care about is riding Isiah's boat till it sinks. Its been sinking for a while, I just can't wait till it hits hard like a Titanic.

I said this a long ass time ago. If Isiah didn't make half of his trades and let this team gel, and just drafted players and only trade he should of make was for expiring contracts...we would be in a GREAT position.

Yes, the Layden/Dolan regime put us way over the cap. But that was 3-4 years ago. It would of take 3-4 years to fix it. Isiah hasn't done. What makes you think he will 3-4 years from now? NOTHING.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

Yo if I had that answer...I'd be just as good of a soothsayer as somebody else on this site....no names no names lol. Besides that question holds no relevance...I want to win now. What most people on this site must realize is that there is a difference in not liking where we are going with the current roster and hoping Isiah and Dolan fail so they'll get the boot. I want to win...I could careless who my GM is, but to win now... that would mean for Isiah to win now. And some of you don't want that. Some of you have true hate for the guy and that's not what being a KNICK FAN is all about. Me, personally, I could careless if you are a hater or a faker (no names no names) but just keep the negativity to yourself. When someone brings something negative then a childish bickermatch begins and no one wants to see that. It's prolly too late for some of the big mouths on here but Grown men will act grown and lil girls will for the most part be lil girls....or Net fans or heat fans...whatever you prefer lol. So the crossroad question I have to ask for some you Net fans or knick fans that call yourselves knick fans is this...Do you really want to see this team succeed with Isiah or do you want them to lose the next 2-3 years so Isiah will get fired?....that is all

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Lenny Wilkins wasn't fired. The official reason for his departure was to be with his sick mother. So in other words he quit. I ream Lenny was pissed about the KVH trade. This is one of those things that people that like and dislike Thomas will never agree on. At this point I think most fans can tell you that Thomas is a good coach but not so good of a GM. We've got the right coach and he should coach his own hand picked team. Still no basketball fan that is not a Knicks fan expected this team to make the play offs. The only change that was made over last summer was getting Jefferies, which didn't pan out but most experts agreed that the trade made the Knicks a better defensive team. This is why I don't hold much stock in what ESPN analysts say. But then again may be Jefferies and Frye just had a bad year and next year starting 3 6'11 guys will pan out. Who knows. It looks good on paper. My point is we didn't miss the play offs because of our coach. We missed the play offs because of injured key players. That's not a cop out its just how I see it.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
The Knicks didn't lose because of injuries... we lost because of our inconsistent play... never winning more than 3 in a row (i think) and that string of trading wins and losses was almost comical... BUT... i do want this squad to succeed with IT... I truly believe we can be champs in 5 years if we develop our group... I think more detrimental than the KVH trade was the coaching carousel... we shoulda kept Herb from the jump... but now let's keep IT in the hot seat for another 2 seasons so he can ride out with his team...

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks didn't lose because of injuries... we lost because of our inconsistent play... never winning more than 3 in a row (i think) and that string of trading wins and losses was almost comical... BUT... i do want this squad to succeed with IT... I truly believe we can be champs in 5 years if we develop our group... I think more detrimental than the KVH trade was the coaching carousel... we shoulda kept Herb from the jump... but now let's keep IT in the hot seat for another 2 seasons so he can ride out with his team...

LMAO...great idea.

donchris

Yo if I had that answer...I'd be just as good of a soothsayer as somebody else on this site....no names no names lol. Besides that question holds no relevance...I want to win now. What most people on this site must realize is that there is a difference in not liking where we are going with the current roster and hoping Isiah and Dolan fail so they'll get the boot. I want to win...I could careless who my GM is, but to win now... that would mean for Isiah to win now. And some of you don't want that. Some of you have true hate for the guy and that's not what being a KNICK FAN is all about. Me, personally, I could careless if you are a hater or a faker (no names no names) but just keep the negativity to yourself. When someone brings something negative then a childish bickermatch begins and no one wants to see that. It's prolly too late for some of the big mouths on here but Grown men will act grown and lil girls will for the most part be lil girls....or Net fans or heat fans...whatever you prefer lol. So the crossroad question I have to ask for some you Net fans or knick fans that call yourselves knick fans is this...Do you really want to see this team succeed with Isiah or do you want them to lose the next 2-3 years so Isiah will get fired?....that is all

I feel your frustration. It's hard when your team is struggling and fans bash the whole organization down to the teams best players and the water boy. It makes you wander why bother supporting a team if you can't stand the teams best players? But this doesn't mean they aren't fans. It means they are frustrated and want to win. This is why I don't get involved in the back and fourth any more. We all want the same thing. I'm just glad that some of you jokesters aren't in charge because this team would be torn apart. Don't like Zek? That's fine, I didn't like Houston. Put all emotional B.S. aside and you've got to admit that the team responds well to Thomas and he is a good leader. At this point I can say regardless of the past, Thomas is the right coach for us right now. He's the right coach to bring the Knick to the play off level. If I didn't believe that I wouldn't support him or any other coach.

donchris

I like Herb but he would be gone right now if he kept on coaching and NY fans would be calling for his head like they did every other coach sense JVG.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Herb won like 33 games... lost something like 36 games by 6 points or less... as coaches grow and develop... they become better... see Byron Scott... Larry Bird... shyte... even IT... Herb never got a chance to succeed as he was an interim replacement and always looked over for the splashy name... if we woulda kept him... they woulda gelled with their coach and improved their chemistry... maybe even be a playoffs flameout... but constant upheaval never breeds success...

metrocard

Legend
Originally, I was gona write a 5 page essay that pretty much said "I TOLD ALL OF YOU FOOLS MONTHS AGO!", but I figured its better to keep things chill and open up the floor to all fans (pro and anti- status quo).

Lets get it straight, I'm anti-status quo. I know theres been glimmers of hope, but simply said, I am not happy about this season.

At the end of the day, it comes to this:
The current Eastern Conf, is the worst in NBA History. Before the season even started, the Knicks were a lock to win 10-15 games more than last year- so there record doesnt mean a damn thing to me. To be 15 games under .500 in such a weak division is NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF!

Morale victories don't count in my book- maybe it does for some of you guys, but not me. My 94-99 era Knicks would be ashamed to be anything less than 10 games over .500, and you all should be to.

So if the goal this season was "significant progress"- then NO. I don't see enough to warrant any extension of the current status quo.

I'm not seduced enough by Eddy Curry and David Lee's development, Stephon playing well down the stretch, and anything else.

Face it, as fans, The Knicks have failed us. They have let us down for the 6th year in a row.

I work in the corporate world and know a thing or to about ROI. So if us as fans are looked upon as "customers"- then you have every right to feel that the product sold to you should be returned.
If you look at us fans as "investors"- then you have every right to feel that your product is a failure

So has Zeke showed us "Significant Progress"???? NOPE! We still suck

This was a gangsta post.