O'Neal and Curry?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I don't want O'Neal on the team, its not like he made the Pacers a good team, he needs more talent on a team to be effective. I would rather have KG.

GetRealistic

Starter
The T-Wolves aren't giving up Garnett fellas. Not to mention the fact if they were shopping Garnett other teams would be able to offer much more intriguing packages then us.

O'neil is a solid player. And he's been in the playoffs the last 5 years. Iincluding being a main contributor on a 60 win team that played in the Eastern conference final. Then after that Artest blew up the team with his fight and crazy attitude. But just remember if Reggie Miller dunked that ball on a breakaway instead of letting Prince block it from behind the Pacers would have been in the NBA Finals not the Pistons.

Crawford, Fyre, and JJ for O'neil is a steal. In my head its basically Crawford for O'niel because JJ is trash and Fyre just isnt going to be an impact player.

But with all that said I don't see Bird helping out Isiah. So dont count on this trade happening.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i said this b4 and im going say this again, jermaine oneal is a great player when healthy but him and curry on the court at the same time is not going to work, do ya really believe that oneal is going be setting up plays for curry and vise versa, the knicks should just go try and get KG or artest, or how bout trading frye to get hunter, get some kind of interior defense

Trin_Starr

Starter
The T-Wolves aren't giving up Garnett fellas. Not to mention the fact if they were shopping Garnett other teams would be able to offer much more intriguing packages then us.

O'neil is a solid player. And he's been in the playoffs the last 5 years. Iincluding being a main contributor on a 60 win team that played in the Eastern conference final. Then after that Artest blew up the team with his fight and crazy attitude. But just remember if Reggie Miller dunked that ball on a breakaway instead of letting Prince block it from behind the Pacers would have been in the NBA Finals not the Pistons.

Crawford, Fyre, and JJ for O'neil is a steal. In my head its basically Crawford for O'niel because JJ is trash and Fyre just isnt going to be an impact player.

+1 on that post!

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I wouldn't give up Crawford in the deal... as his injury showed us... he does a lot more for this team than his stats would have you believe... he's our best combo guard and he and collins give us a serious tandem for the next 7 years... and they can learn behind steph until his contract expires...

i would take JO though if the Pacers would take anyone outside of Dlee, Crawford or Curry...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

But with all that said I don't see Bird helping out Isiah. So dont count on this trade happening.

I agree about the value of the trade. Indiana would want more value for O'Neil and that will be Lee instead of Frye. If the Knicks are serious about getting O'Neil, they will have to offer Crawford, Lee, (Probably Rose or JJ to meet the salary requirement) and; I hate to say it; an unprotected draft pick. That is what it will take to get him. To tell you the truth, I would pull the trigger on that, no matter if you are the Knicks or Pacers. I think keeping Frye and making him come off the bench would be the role that best fits him. He could alleviate some wear and tear of O'Neil's body and keep him fresh. If the Knicks want to hire a banger, offer Scot Pollard a 1 year minimum contract to come off the bench.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I agree about the value of the trade. Indiana would want more value for O'Neil and that will be Lee instead of Frye. If the Knicks are serious about getting O'Neil, they will have to offer Crawford, Lee, (Probably Rose or JJ to meet the salary requirement) and; I hate to say it; an unprotected draft pick. That is what it will take to get him. To tell you the truth, I would pull the trigger on that, no matter if you are the Knicks or Pacers. I think keeping Frye and making him come off the bench would be the role that best fits him. He could alleviate some wear and tear of O'Neil's body and keep him fresh. If the Knicks want to hire a banger, offer Scot Pollard a 1 year minimum contract to come off the bench.

I'm not a big fan of Oneal but it looks like this is may be a realistic trade possibility. At least more realistic than a KG trade. I would not trade D. Lee. but your right. Bird will ask for Lee.

Most teams that trade their franchise players usually trade them to a different conference so this would leave the Knicks out of getting Oneal. The same goes for the Lakers getting KG. It's possible that KG demands a trade or opts out of his contract. If he demands a trade I could see a three team trade between the Knicks, Wolves, and Pacers.

Indy gets: Crawford, Frye, JJ or Jefferies
Minny gets: Oneal, Kato and Robinson
NY gets: KG

Ether way I believe we will see both KG and Oneal on different teams next season.

Last edited:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I think Bird and his former PF McHale are gonna do a swap of Garnett and O'neil... with some extra baggage tossed in... Larry fired Isiah to hir Carlisle... so I doubt he'll want to trade him a valuable asset...