Who do you want traded?????

kej718

Rookie
Who needs to go and give some trade senarios?????????

Channing FryeSalary: $2,325,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 9.5 REB: 5.5 AST: 0.9 PER: 10.50
Steve FrancisSalary: $15,070,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 11.3 REB: 3.6 AST: 3.9 PER: 15.19
For

Jermaine O'NealSalary: $18,084,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 19.4 REB: 9.6 AST: 2.4 PER: 18.86

====================================================

Jared JeffriesSalary: $5,215,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 4.1 REB: 4.3 AST: 1.2 PER: 8.65
Nate RobinsonSalary: $1,185,480 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 10.1 REB: 2.4 AST: 1.4 PER: 15.28
For

Ron ArtestSalary: $7,526,316 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 18.8 REB: 6.5 AST: 3.4 PER: 18.59

I like Nate but we are going to have to give up one of our young players.:gony:

ODucksFan82

Rookie
Im not high on S.Francis I think he need's to go im just thinking who will take him of their hands given his injury concerns and that huge contract.

Robinson could fetch some buyers given he's shown flashes of great potential given the chance, so yeah I think he needs to go given the right player.

And I do beleive the Pacers are in need of fresh new PG with some very nice upside and his contract is paltry so he definetly brings alot to the table trade wise if we could possibly offer up Robinson along with a player such as Jeffries and maybe a high draft pick.

Id like to see the Knicks get a player like J.ONeal he's a team player and he's full of talent, who knows what he could accomplish in NY given the right talent around him.

paris401

Starter

For

For

why settle for oneal... lets trade stevie franchise+frye for kobe instead???... the salaries match

BallHead

Benchwarmer
I like the scenario of trading Francis and Robinson but we will have to get a point guard in the draft. (ie guard rotation = Marbury, Crawford, Collins, Q-Rich?)

Given Q's back problems I think that he should be injury insurance for the 2 & 3 spot, if any of the starters or bench players go down.

kej718

Rookie
I like the scenario of trading Francis and Robinson but we will have to get a point guard in the draft. (ie guard rotation = Marbury, Crawford, Collins, Q-Rich?)

Given Q's back problems I think that he should be injury insurance for the 2 & 3 spot, if any of the starters or bench players go down.

I DON'T THINK WE NEED ANOTHER PG, AND AM COMFORTABLE WITH MARBAURY AND COLLINS. EVEN CRAWFORD CAN BRING THE BALL UP THE COURT.:gony:

GetRealistic

Starter
Just because the salaries match doesn't mean the trades are realistic guys. Nobody wants Francis so stop proposing trades with him in it. While your at it, the same goes for Jerome James.

paris401

Starter
Just because the salaries match doesn't mean the trades are realistic guys. Nobody wants Francis so stop proposing trades with him in it. While your at it, the same goes for Jerome James.

thank you ... finally someone else who realizes that no one... rpt no one wants our shit... we can also include jefferies on our 'shit-list'

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

For

For

You know the only way you are getting O'Neil is using Crawford, Lee possibly frye as well plus a salary to make up the difference. If not Frye, you will have to give them an unprotected pick. They do NOT want garbage! I would thought see if Washington would take Jeffries for Haywood!

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Lee is a keeper. The only players i would give up are frye and francis and the knicks wont get shit for them so they might as well buyout and francis and not resign frye once his rookie contract is up.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
frye has got to go, it would really be painfull to see jamal go, hate em or love jamal gets it done in the 4th quarter

metrocard

Legend
I don't want to see

Marbury, Balkman, Lee, Collins, Richardson traded.

I wouldn't mind seeing

Curry, Robinson, Crawford, Frye, Rose, James traded

Francis needs to leave now though. He should have never been in here in the first place. If Isiah never made the Francis, Curry, Crawford deal...I would be much more faithful about our future, and we would have more room for error...but Isiah didn't choose that fate, he choosed cap hell, and unflexiable contracts.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
I don't want to see

Marbury, Balkman, Lee, Collins, Richardson traded.

I wouldn't mind seeing

Curry, Robinson, Crawford, Frye, Rose, James traded

Francis needs to leave now though. He should have never been in here in the first place. If Isiah never made the Francis, Curry, Crawford deal...I would be much more faithful about our future, and we would have more room for error...but Isiah didn't choose that fate, he choosed cap hell, and unflexiable contracts.

I like who you would chose to keep and let go Metro...Seems you are a fan of players that are not a bunch of premadonna bitches, but Oakley/Mason-esque types which we need in order to build a solid foundation of Knicks basketball for years to come.

metrocard

Legend
I like who you would chose to keep and let go Metro...Seems you are a fan of players that are not a bunch of premadonna bitches, but Oakley/Mason-esque types which we need in order to build a solid foundation of Knicks basketball for years to come.

Thanks, we're a .500 team(if healthy), but other teams in the NBA improving each season, and Isiah is not keeping up. Isiah is like trapted in 2003, where he thinks Francis is still an all star.

Robinson, Frye are cheap, so they could stay, but we can't forget they're replaceable, there are alot of young players in this draft that can fill our gaps these two guys can't.

As for Crawful...we need a defensive SG with consistant 3pt range, (like Raja Bell). If Collins develops a jumpshot, he could be our guy.

We're good at PG, Marbury can score, shoot, pass, and play defense. We need a PG to mold in the future, and PGs in the NBA take a while to be very productive, unless they're Deron Williams or Chris Paul. I'm not sure if Robinson can be the starting PG of this team for the future. I see Robinson potentially someone like Bobby Jackson or Earl Boykins, a scoring option off the bench that can contribute on a consistant base. When Robinson becames consistant, he'll reach that level.

Even though this is controversal...if we could get Telfair for CHEAP, and not alot, then it'll be good move. He's a LOST young talent at PG. With the proper coaching, he could be something in this league. Telfair obviously doesn't have to be the first option, but this organization needs something.

We should run an 8 man rotation...nothing more, nothing less.

Marbury
Collins
Richardson
Lee
Curry

Balkman
Frye
Robinson

We have a solid starting 5 there as you see. I just want Balkman, Collins, and Lee get as MANY minutes together, because those three guys are the type of guys that show up in the playoffs. They do the little things and change the flow of the game. Look at Anderson Varejao on the Cavs and Sasha Palvovic's defense on Vince Carter. We need MORE players like that. We need to drop Crawford and Francis, due to the fact, Marbury, Richardson, Robinson and Collins can all score from the perimeter, and make less mistakes. Lets subtract the players who make the most MISTAKES. Francis needs to go. Crawford is an extremely talented NBA player, but also comits alot of errors. But I'm only willing to trade Crawford for an expiring contract or a good draft pick. Knowing Isiah, if Crawford gets traded, it'll be a player of the same caliber...same contract value. So, a 9 man rotation I guess?
You said something really important...a SOLID foundation. The Knicks in the 90s had a direction, they had their goals and standards. Their standards was playoffs, and their goal was the championship. Even though they never got one in the 90s...it still felt good as a fan that we had a CHANCE ever year.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case with Dolan/Isiah's foundation of the Knicks. The standards are so low, fans today are settling for guys like Curry and Crawford to be the franchise players. The goal is playoffs, regardless if we make it shamelessly with a record under .500 in a weak divison. Should we settle for standards in the future? I hope not, and we shouldn't. I'm not saying its possible for us to change every all together in the mess we're already in, but come on Isiah/Dolan lets strive for EXCELLENE instead of medicority.

I'm gonna look more into the draft, I've been busy with college/work/life, but Knicks will always be my main concern in sports, hopefully we'll have a good summer for a change to make up for the painful season.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Thanks, we're a .500 team(if healthy), but other teams in the NBA improving each season, and Isiah is not keeping up. Isiah is like trapted in 2003, where he thinks Francis is still an all star.

Robinson, Frye are cheap, so they could stay, but we can't forget they're replaceable, there are alot of young players in this draft that can fill our gaps these two guys can't.

As for Crawful...we need a defensive SG with consistant 3pt range, (like Raja Bell). If Collins develops a jumpshot, he could be our guy.

We're good at PG, Marbury can score, shoot, pass, and play defense. We need a PG to mold in the future, and PGs in the NBA take a while to be very productive, unless they're Deron Williams or Chris Paul. I'm not sure if Robinson can be the starting PG of this team for the future. I see Robinson potentially someone like Bobby Jackson or Earl Boykins, a scoring option off the bench that can contribute on a consistant base. When Robinson becames consistant, he'll reach that level.

Even though this is controversal...if we could get Telfair for CHEAP, and not alot, then it'll be good move. He's a LOST young talent at PG. With the proper coaching, he could be something in this league. Telfair obviously doesn't have to be the first option, but this organization needs something.

We should run an 8 man rotation...nothing more, nothing less.

Marbury
Collins
Richardson
Lee
Curry

Balkman
Frye
Robinson

We have a solid starting 5 there as you see. I just want Balkman, Collins, and Lee get as MANY minutes together, because those three guys are the type of guys that show up in the playoffs. They do the little things and change the flow of the game. Look at Anderson Varejao on the Cavs and Sasha Palvovic's defense on Vince Carter. We need MORE players like that. We need to drop Crawford and Francis, due to the fact, Marbury, Richardson, Robinson and Collins can all score from the perimeter, and make less mistakes. Lets subtract the players who make the most MISTAKES. Francis needs to go. Crawford is an extremely talented NBA player, but also comits alot of errors. But I'm only willing to trade Crawford for an expiring contract or a good draft pick. Knowing Isiah, if Crawford gets traded, it'll be a player of the same caliber...same contract value. So, a 9 man rotation I guess?
You said something really important...a SOLID foundation. The Knicks in the 90s had a direction, they had their goals and standards. Their standards was playoffs, and their goal was the championship. Even though they never got one in the 90s...it still felt good as a fan that we had a CHANCE ever year.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case with Dolan/Isiah's foundation of the Knicks. The standards are so low, fans today are settling for guys like Curry and Crawford to be the franchise players. The goal is playoffs, regardless if we make it shamelessly with a record under .500 in a weak divison. Should we settle for standards in the future? I hope not, and we shouldn't. I'm not saying its possible for us to change every all together in the mess we're already in, but come on Isiah/Dolan lets strive for EXCELLENE instead of medicority.

I'm gonna look more into the draft, I've been busy with college/work/life, but Knicks will always be my main concern in sports, hopefully we'll have a good summer for a change to make up for the painful season.

very well reasoned argument... and i agree with your statements about the current state of the team... shyte... i even boycotted the franchise until i was dragged to the bobcats game... yunno... THE bobcats game... anyway i saw something i hadn't seen in years... it was a fire... a passion... a drive and desire that had been missing from the knicks since sprewell and camby got the boot... they hustled... looked hungry and played with a purpose... all i'm saying is this... curry is not an franchise center YET... so we're currently overpaying for his performance... but you can't be so pessimistic as to believe he will never develop into a good player... same goes for crawford... yeah... he's a statistical nightmare... and he makes dumbass decisions with the ball... but he adds intangibles to the team... he helps curry be productive and gives the team a swagger... for all his infuriating overdribbling amd poor shot clock management... he provides things that his stats do not reflect...

look man... we've been struggling with a sub par franchise all this millenium... i think the constant changes of personel were far more detrimental to the team than the current crop... all i'm saying is that we should ride out marbury's contract... which is up the same time your boys (lee, balkman, robinson, et al.)... then we free up the cap space... then make decisions... UNLESS... jerry west takes over as president... since i don't trust IT to be as sensible with his contract decisions... he did bankrupt the cba afterall...

metrocard

Legend
very well reasoned argument... and i agree with your statements about the current state of the team... shyte... i even boycotted the franchise until i was dragged to the bobcats game... yunno... THE bobcats game... anyway i saw something i hadn't seen in years... it was a fire... a passion... a drive and desire that had been missing from the knicks since sprewell and camby got the boot... they hustled... looked hungry and played with a purpose... all i'm saying is this... curry is not an franchise center YET... so we're currently overpaying for his performance... but you can't be so pessimistic as to believe he will never develop into a good player... same goes for crawford... yeah... he's a statistical nightmare... and he makes dumbass decisions with the ball... but he adds intangibles to the team... he helps curry be productive and gives the team a swagger... for all his infuriating overdribbling amd poor shot clock management... he provides things that his stats do not reflect...

look man... we've been struggling with a sub par franchise all this millenium... i think the constant changes of personel were far more detrimental to the team than the current crop... all i'm saying is that we should ride out marbury's contract... which is up the same time your boys (lee, balkman, robinson, et al.)... then we free up the cap space... then make decisions... UNLESS... jerry west takes over as president... since i don't trust IT to be as sensible with his contract decisions... he did bankrupt the cba afterall...

Your 2nd paragraph makes a good point, Isiah is a decent coach who doesn't coach defense. Most Knick fans lost faith in him as a GM, West has a good record as a GM, but all we can do is hope a change happends in the front OFFICE.

The only trades that should happend are.

Expiring contracts
Draft picks.

Trades that should not happend
Trading away draft picks
Trading for long untradable contracts

For now, we're going to have to ride out with contracts like Marbury's, Richardson's, Crawford, Curry's...and depressingly...Jefferies and James.

Until teams offer draft picks and expiring contracts for Knicks they are interested in.

No more Isiah-like moves...it already made things worst.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

I like this plan that you speak of. And I agree...no one should deny the fact that Curry and Crawford could come out next season as monsters....or they could both still be mediocore...we don't know how they are going to take this season. We do know that Eddy said that he wasn't going to take a break after the season ended. Which means he's going to work his butt off to get better than he was this season. Anyone can be a eddy-hater but the haters have to admit that he did his thing this season. 19.5 pts (57.6% from the field) and 7 boards was more than we expected. Yes the turnovers and FT% could improve this year is a start of what he can become. If he gets anybetter next year he is an automatic starting center in the allstar game, that's if politics doesn't become involved with the game...