And with the 24th Pick The New York Knicks select...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Shot Blocker or Shooter?

If u r GM who do u look 2 draft? Do u take (if available) Morris Almond shooter outta Rice or a Sean Williams outta BC? IMO u take the shooter since the Knicks are trying to bulid around Eddy Curry. If we had a 2nd round pick I would take Williams in a heart beat and maybe find a pure shooter in the 2nd round. Man I wish Jamaal Crawford was a consistent shooter so we could look to draft a shot blocker like Williams. And as far as trading our pick in a package 4 O'Neal :barf: Garnett would be a no brainer if we traded Frye a player and the 23rd pick

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
really... according to the nba, he is signed for 07-08 at 7.1m, and 08-09 at 7.6m...

where do u get your info that his contract is expired???

i guess i misread his contract details... but if you scroll up... my point is the same... a center rotation of curry, morrison and malik rose would work... especially since malik is a good locker room influence and is one of the few knicks with championship experience... the only difference being that we're now overpaying for his services for another season... but if that results in curry and morrison becoming better players... then i'm for it...

Kiyaman

Legend
This offseason young Players

Randoph Morris & Sean Williams would be a great addition to the Knicks Young Players this offseason (Collins, Balkman, Lee, Frye, and Nate).
How the Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Francis, Curry, and Jefferies playingtime will affect all the Knicks "Young -Players" will be seen in the next chapter when these young players are on the next team averaging 24 or more MPG.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Randoph Morris & Sean Williams would be a great addition to the Knicks Young Players this offseason (Collins, Balkman, Lee, Frye, and Nate).
How the Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Francis, Curry, and Jefferies playingtime will affect all the Knicks "Young -Players" will be seen in the next chapter when these young players are on the next team averaging 24 or more MPG.

i think the whole point of IT not making any major moves is so he can keep the youngins from moving onto the next team to be productive... we might actually be witnessing the rebuilding of our franchise if IT keeps these cats around...

metrocard

Legend
At the 23 these guys might be available hopefully, heres how I rank them

Tiago Splitter
Rudy Fernandez
Marcus Williams
Daequan Cook
Marco Belinelli

We need a SG, a guy who can replace Crawford, hopefully we get something fair in return for Crawford. I can't see a Marbury/Crawford back court ever working out, its similar to the Marbury/Francis situation. Marbury needs to play next to a consistant shooter, who is well rounded, or atleast average at everything.

At this point, this is how i see the line up.

Marbury B
Richardson C+
Jefferies D
Lee B-
Curry C+

As you see, we need improvement from the wing positions. Balkman and Collins right now are C+'s, but have potential to rise to a B- or B next season. We still need more dept.

We wont go far with Jefferies starting. He's medicore to terrible at everything. He's only good on a championship team like the Spurs, where he doesn't have to do much. We're not the Spurs, so we can't put so much responsibility on Jefferies as a starter. He's untradable to the genuis that is Isiah Thomas, so lets hope Balkman comes out strong in Preseason and wins the starting job.

Frye is a D, too one dementional, this is why we need a guy like Splitter to back up our big men. Splitter can play PF/C and is an atheletic 7 footer who plays physical defense. He's very intelligent on and off the court and is very coachable. Couldn't we trade Frye for a first rounder this season? I'm sure the 76ers could use Channing Frye, they're in desperate need of a PF.

Phila sends

Kyle Korver
Steven Hunter
2007 Draft #21 Pick

NY sends
Jared Jeffries
Channing Frye
2007 Draft #23 Pick

Successful Scenario

Philadephia
PG - Miller
SG - Iguodala
SF - Jefferies
PF - Frye
C - Dalembert

New York
PG - Marbury
SG - Richardson
SF - Balkman
PF - Lee
C - Curry

6th man
Crawford

Bench
Robinson
Krover
Collins
Hunter
#21 pick (Tiago Splitter)

We get a good young back up center in Hunter, and a valuable 3pt shooter in Krover. So our overall line up will look like

Marbury/Collins/Robinson
Richardson/Crawford/Collins
Balkman/Krover
Lee/Splitter/Rose
Curry/Hunter/Splitter

We need to fill in the gaps at the wings or in a back up defensive big man!

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
At the 23 these guys might be available hopefully, heres how I rank them

Tiago Splitter
Rudy Fernandez
Marcus Williams
Daequan Cook
Marco Belinelli

We need a SG, a guy who can replace Crawford, hopefully we get something fair in return for Crawford. I can't see a Marbury/Crawford back court ever working out, its similar to the Marbury/Francis situation. Marbury needs to play next to a consistant shooter, who is well rounded, or atleast average at everything.

At this point, this is how i see the line up.

Marbury B
Richardson C+
Jefferies D
Lee B-
Curry C+

As you see, we need improvement from the wing positions. Balkman and Collins right now are C+'s, but have potential to rise to a B- or B next season. We still need more dept.

We wont go far with Jefferies starting. He's medicore to terrible at everything. He's only good on a championship team like the Spurs, where he doesn't have to do much. We're not the Spurs, so we can't put so much responsibility on Jefferies as a starter. He's untradable to the genuis that is Isiah Thomas, so lets hope Balkman comes out strong in Preseason and wins the starting job.

Frye is a D, too one dementional, this is why we need a guy like Splitter to back up our big men. Splitter can play PF/C and is an atheletic 7 footer who plays physical defense. He's very intelligent on and off the court and is very coachable. Couldn't we trade Frye for a first rounder this season? I'm sure the 76ers could use Channing Frye, they're in desperate need of a PF.

Phila sends

Kyle Korver
Steven Hunter
2007 Draft #21 Pick

NY sends
Jared Jeffries
Channing Frye
2007 Draft #23 Pick

Successful Scenario

Philadephia
PG - Miller
SG - Iguodala
SF - Jefferies
PF - Frye
C - Dalembert

New York
PG - Marbury
SG - Richardson
SF - Balkman
PF - Lee
C - Curry

6th man
Crawford

Bench
Robinson
Krover
Collins
Hunter
#21 pick (Tiago Splitter)

We get a good young back up center in Hunter, and a valuable 3pt shooter in Krover. So our overall line up will look like

Marbury/Collins/Robinson
Richardson/Crawford/Collins
Balkman/Krover
Lee/Splitter/Rose
Curry/Hunter/Splitter

We need to fill in the gaps at the wings or in a back up defensive big man!

i like your idea of giving up frye and jeffries for korver and hunter... but there's no way Philly trades Korver AND Hunter for frye and jeffries... granted... neither guy is a superstar... but korver really started coming into his own at the end of last season... billy king isn't going ot ship him out just so the knicks can improve... you said it yourself... jeffries isn't ready for the pressure of starting for a rebuilding team... the sixers aren't the spurs and billy king aint gonna take our garbage for two good young players... Phily would likely insist on DLee if they're gonna give up their second option on offense...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Mos def...big cuz isn't trading korver (they're only pure shooter) for a mediocre jeffries and an unproven frye...who thought of that? Whoever thought of that I'm glad you aren't running this team. Even though I like Korver...he's too one dimensional. He doesn't play defense well for the SF position and his rebounding skills are subpar. If we're going to find a 3pt shooter he's going to have to do more than just score...we have JC and nate-rob who already do that...

starksfor3

Rookie
All we need is a shooter out of the draft and Zeke has plenty of options. Aaron Affalo, Morris Almond of Dequan Cooke all fit the bill. Almond is a legit
6-6 with great touch and reminds people of a young Allan Houston. We need a big guard to back up JC. The days of Nate Robinson & Steve Francis at two spot must end asap.

metrocard

Legend
i like your idea of giving up frye and jeffries for korver and hunter... but there's no way Philly trades Korver AND Hunter for frye and jeffries... granted... neither guy is a superstar... but korver really started coming into his own at the end of last season... billy king isn't going ot ship him out just so the knicks can improve... you said it yourself... jeffries isn't ready for the pressure of starting for a rebuilding team... the sixers aren't the spurs and billy king aint gonna take our garbage for two good young players... Phily would likely insist on DLee if they're gonna give up their second option on offense...

Just an idea, Philadephia accually gets a shooter in Frye. Hunter wouldn't be labeled "good" anywhere, he's a journey who's a medicore back up. Frye is like a C player, Hunter is a D. BTW, Philadephia gets younger on this deal. Frye had a terrible season, but he has potential to be a B player. Korver and Hunter don't.

The purpose of this suggestion is to move up a bit, We can't miss on guys like Splitter or Fernandez, who are the two best Euros in this draft.

All we need is a shooter out of the draft and Zeke has plenty of options. Aaron Affalo, Morris Almond of Dequan Cooke all fit the bill. Almond is a legit
6-6 with great touch and reminds people of a young Allan Houston. We need a big guard to back up JC. The days of Nate Robinson & Steve Francis at two spot must end asap.

I agree, we need a shooter. But isn't that why Crawford here? We have too many streaky players. We need to subtract in order to improve. I would deal Crawford to a team who can efford his streakyness, usually a competitive winning team where the responsibility won't be so high on Jamal. We're giving too much responsibility to medicore players. This leads to a poor record, season after season.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I think we should just stay wit what we have unless u can get Garnett or Artest. Aren't all these trades we've made been the reason why we've been so far behind?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I think we should just stay wit what we have unless u can get Garnett or Artest. Aren't all these trades we've made been the reason why we've been so far behind?

Exactly! But radical fans on this site always want change and when the change comes they are never satisfied...go figure...

hibbert and the guy from china are both top 10 guys. i'd like to see this pick packaged with some players to bring some immediate help, but we'll see what happens. (not holding breath).

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
from nbadraft.net
"Sean Williams 6-10 235 PF BC Jr. -- There's absolutely no excuse for this guy not to be here. Unless a team in the late first round has shown a great deal of interest in him and plans on "hiding" him, this move makes absolutely no sense."

Awww Isiah, ur the best man... the best :)

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
But see that's the problem...patience is the key into winning a championship from a GM standpoint. Isiah has set this team up with 5 1st round talents and more 2nd round talents so our team is young when you consider that Marbury and Francis are claimed as old on this team. I hear all this trade frye and nate wants...but that's not what we need. Let's get our needs first and let's be patient with what we have unless a Kobe or Yao or someone of that caliber opens up and fills a need not a want

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
But see that's the problem...patience is the key into winning a championship from a GM standpoint. Isiah has set this team up with 5 1st round talents and more 2nd round talents so our team is young when you consider that Marbury and Francis are claimed as old on this team. I hear all this trade frye and nate wants...but that's not what we need. Let's get our needs first and let's be patient with what we have unless a Kobe or Yao or someone of that caliber opens up and fills a need not a want

exaaaaaaaaactly...