Chicago Tribune: O'Neal ask for trade to NY

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yeah this one is seemingly true. O'Neal wants to be in New York with Zeke and its just a matter of time before we hear more about this.

Isiah seems to want this trade to happen even before thinking about Garnett. Not saying by any means well get both but that hed rather have Jermaine over Kevin.

And I actually agree. Jermaine is younger and wed probably have to give up much less.

I think a Malik, Channing and Steve Francis for Tinsley, O' Neal could be possible . they want rid of Tins and we want of francis. but who knows. both are shakey (tins more then stevey). well see what happens but at this point it looks like well either have Garnett or O'Neal by next season. pick your poison.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i dunno why everyone is saying we should buy out francis' contract.. i think we should use him to bring in o'neal. maybe package francis, frye, and one or two 1st round pick straight up for o'neal. dont get me wrong i would prefer bringin garnett to ny but 15 is right it would cost us a lot more. look @ it like this if isiah could pull off this trade we'd have a contending line-up with...

pg- marbury
sg- crawford
sf- lee
pf- o'neal
c- curry

backups
pg- robinson/collins
sg- q-rich
sf- balkman
pf- jeffries/rose
c- morris/james

after this season we have a lotta money coming off our salary cap...
allan houston
jalen rose
mo taylor
jerome williams
shandon anderson
kelvin cato

lets jus hope isiah trys keeping it like this and doesnt go and buy-out francis' contract

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I would throw in frye without a problem but i wouldnt give up lee. He is too good of a rebounder to give up. Ive said before theres only one player id put lee in a package to get and that is josh smith from atlanta. I doubt hes available, atlanta would be stupid to trade him. Jermaine oneal would make up for currys lack of defense, but how would they work together on the offensive end? Garnett wouldnt have a problem playin alongside curry cuz hes a good passer and hes got a jumpshot but i dunno about JO.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I doubt the Pacers will take Francis unless Jermaine O'Neil forces the trade. Both Minny and Indy probably won't execute the trade without David Lee and a draft pick. It's a touchy situation. Isiah might pursue JO harder just to show his loyalty toward him. Either way, I would be happy with either player.

I would throw in frye without a problem but i wouldnt give up lee. He is too good of a rebounder to give up. Ive said before theres only one player id put lee in a package to get and that is josh smith from atlanta. I doubt hes available, atlanta would be stupid to trade him. Jermaine oneal would make up for currys lack of defense, but how would they work together on the offensive end? Garnett wouldnt have a problem playin alongside curry cuz hes a good passer and hes got a jumpshot but i dunno about JO.

Oneil has a decent jump shot, and it's not like he's a bad passer it's just Garnett is a bit better at it, and I think that overall Garnett is the better player....but I think Oneil may have a significant edge on him in playoff minutes, plus he would know exactly what Isiah would expect from him having played for him before.....still all of this is just speculation as we all know

kej718

Rookie
i dunno why everyone is saying we should buy out francis' contract.. i think we should use him to bring in o'neal. maybe package francis, frye, and one or two 1st round pick straight up for o'neal. dont get me wrong i would prefer bringin garnett to ny but 15 is right it would cost us a lot more. look @ it like this if isiah could pull off this trade we'd have a contending line-up with...

pg- marbury
sg- crawford
sf- lee
pf- o'neal
c- curry

backups
pg- robinson/collins
sg- q-rich
sf- balkman
pf- jeffries/rose
c- morris/james

after this season we have a lotta money coming off our salary cap...
allan houston
jalen rose
mo taylor
jerome williams
shandon anderson
kelvin cato

lets jus hope isiah trys keeping it like this and doesnt go and buy-out francis' contract

I AGREE WITH YOUR TRADE SENERIO, AND WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE FRYE, FRANCIS, MORRIS, AND IF IT TAKES A DRAFT PICK TO GET THIS DONE WHY NOT?:gony:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Oneil has a decent jump shot, and it's not like he's a bad passer it's just Garnett is a bit better at it, and I think that overall Garnett is the better player....but I think Oneil may have a significant edge on him in playoff minutes, plus he would know exactly what Isiah would expect from him having played for him before.....still all of this is just speculation as we all know

Love the name. I want to see you go to war with Metro. LOL