Trading Is Not The Only Answer

Toons

is the Bo$$
On another note, if you match salaries by 4 players to one, that cannot work, if we give up 4 players for garnet or Jo, who will we be getting? trust me, they will take that as an oppertunity to give us a superstar who is aging, dump off 3 contracts on us and they automatically are years ahead of us in rebuilding. I dont know about you guys, but i dont want to see a playoff run, or a championship one year, and garnett gets injured and we're at the bottom of the rung again. I trust that isiah is building a dynasty....Miami wins one with shaq, then what....i want new york to be like Detroit or san antonio. I think with time, frye can be the next tim duncan if he studies his footwork well...collins...maybe the next kidd....balkman, a dennis rodman kinda guy... Dont give up on jerome james as yet....isiah will whip him into shape this summer...along with curry

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
On another note, if you match salaries by 4 players to one, that cannot work, if we give up 4 players for garnet or Jo, who will we be getting? trust me, they will take that as an oppertunity to give us a superstar who is aging, dump off 3 contracts on us and they automatically are years ahead of us in rebuilding. I dont know about you guys, but i dont want to see a playoff run, or a championship one year, and garnett gets injured and we're at the bottom of the rung again. I trust that isiah is building a dynasty....Miami wins one with shaq, then what....i want new york to be like Detroit or san antonio. I think with time, frye can be the next tim duncan if he studies his footwork well...collins...maybe the next kidd....balkman, a dennis rodman kinda guy... Dont give up on jerome james as yet....isiah will whip him into shape this summer...along with curry

You make a good point. I'd love to get Garnett but I raised this question with a friend of mine from Brooklyn a few weeks ago. How will getting Garnett or Oneal affect Curry's game. I'm one of those guys that believes Curry will be the best Center in the league in the near future and as much as I'd love to see a Marbury/Garnett team in NY the fact is we don't need a big name player. We need a shot blocker and rebounder. Hell, we need Camby. I don't have a solid position on this. I'm for getting Garnett but if not it wont be a loss.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
You make a good point. I'd love to get Garnett but I raised this question with a friend of mine from Brooklyn a few weeks ago. How will getting Garnett or Oneal affect Curry's game. I'm one of those guys that believes Curry will be the best Center in the league in the near future and as much as I'd love to see a Marbury/Garnett team in NY the fact is we don't need a big name player. We need a shot blocker and rebounder. Hell, we need Camby. I don't have a solid position on this. I'm for getting Garnett but if not it wont be a loss.

I agree with you 100%... This is why I believe the knicks should grab Sean Williams from BC in the draft. He is a Camby type player, he doesn't look for a shot, his main goal in life is to block a shot. We get him we stay young. But that will leave the knicks crowded at PF... Frye or Lee will have to go. and I think we could possibly get Ray Allen for the right price. that price may include Crawford and Nate along with Frye and Lee. I love Craw, but Allen's shooting and all around skill is undeniable ... I posted info on Sean Williams on another Thread but thought it would be fitting on this one as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=22199

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I agree with you 100%... This is why I believe the knicks should grab Sean Williams from BC in the draft. He is a Camby type player, he doesn't look for a shot, his main goal in life is to block a shot. We get him we stay young. But that will leave the knicks crowded at PF... Frye or Lee will have to go. and I think we could possibly get Ray Allen for the right price. that price may include Crawford and Nate along with Frye and Lee. I love Craw, but Allen's shooting and all around skill is undeniable ... I posted info on Sean Williams on another Thread but thought it would be fitting on this one as well.

Considering this is suppose to be a deep draft, maybe we could trade Frye or Lee and this year's first round draft pick for a higher draft pick.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The problem with you theory of Isiah building a Dynasty is that Isiah has traded away lottery picks and brought in very bad contracts in his time with the Knicks. His actions are not of a GM that is rebuilding but a GM that is desperate for players and changes (and no clue how to make good trades). Isiah wants to be the guy to bring a championship to NY, he's just going about it really wrong with his moved. Malik Rose, Mourice Taylor, Frances, ect... all moves that do not make sense now or for the future. he traded away 2 lottery picks and a 2nd rounder for Curry as well. Also, you are wrong about the Knicks having enough to get a player, historically teams that have traded away high priced stars never get back equal or close to equal value for the player. The Knicks could get O'Neil for Fry/Lee and Crawford, plus a pick and a smaller long term contract. As far as using multiple players to make a trade. That's why it ii important for Isiah to be smart with the make up of the trade. If he was to get O'Neil, he needs to make sure that he has a bench player that can help that player to relieve some of his minutes and get him rest. That's why I would love to see him bet O'Neil and keep Frye. Use Lee and Crawford to get him so that Frye can help rest up O'Neil coming off the bench. Draft picks are a crap shoot at best, so it is better to get a proven entity, especially one that really fills a need. O'Neil will fill a need. The Knicks also have an advantage over most teams, they can afford his contract and the tax hit that it will make, all most every other team can not say that. If the Bulls decide they want him, then the Knicks might be in trouble, but I think they are going to go after Garnett or Gasol instead. I think Isiah showed something last season by not making a stupid trade at the deal line so maybe this will send out a message that he will not be raked over the coals anymore just to make a trade.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Only way i'd trade Frye is to get Garnettor Ray Allen. Allen would be the better choice since we're building the team around Curry we need that outside threat and I GUARANTEE that both Curry and Allen would thrive if they are on the court 2gether. If the Knicks trade Frye 4 O'neal u guys will be pissed in the very near future mark my words

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This is the way I see it...we have David Lee, Channing Frye, Eddy Curry, Nate Robinson, Mardy Collins, and Renaldo Balkman that are young talented players that we can build around...that is half of our active roster. We don't need another draft pick...we need to get vets that have there head on straight to come in and fill the gaps. We need a player like PJ Brown or someone of that nature. Because if we get another rookie and he's a big man...then who is he going to learn from...Frye? Eddy Curry? David Lee? Unless Patrick Ewing comes in or Mark Aguirre drinks a youth potion then there is no hope for a young big to come in here and advance quickly. The only way they'll be able to learn is from Mark Aguirre or Pat Ewing if he comes in. Which aren't bad options by the way but we need a vet big that Pat Ewing can say hey...play like that guy or do the things he does on defense...as of right now we have no one on the roster that fits that description...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Only way i'd trade Frye is to get Garnettor Ray Allen. Allen would be the better choice since we're building the team around Curry we need that outside threat and I GUARANTEE that both Curry and Allen would thrive if they are on the court 2gether. If the Knicks trade Frye 4 O'neal u guys will be pissed in the very near future mark my words

Sounds good. Ray Allen may be the best trade possible for NY. No worries about how he will fit in with Curry and Marbury can finally play the traditional PG role. The only thing is Allen has a long, long term contract. We'd be paying him 18 Million in the final year of his contract. But if we could rid our selves of Francis and a few more long term contracts it may be worth it.

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Sounds good. Ray Allen may be the best trade possible for NY. No worries about how he will fit in with Curry and Marbury can finally play the traditional PG role. The only thing is Allen has a long, long term contract. We'd be paying him 18 Million in the final year of his contract. But if we could rid our selves of Francis and a few more long term contracts it may be worth it.

I love Ray Allen as much as the next guy and if we can use Crawford and Frances to get him; I do not want to trade away a big guy for another guard. Yes Curry and Allen would be a great tandem but we would still have the problem of a dominate defender that the Knicks need to address. We need to use Crawford as part of trade for a big guy! The Knicks will only be able to make 1 major move this off season and they have to address the GLARING issue, defense!!!! Domination in the post!!!

FameMos

Benchwarmer
If Marbury, Crawford, and Nate improve their 3pt shooting from what it was this season, they won't 'NEED' a Ray Allen. Not to mention, we already have a 3pt champ in Q-Rich (Hope he'll be healthy). If those guys would work on their shooting this offseason, all we'd really need is a Dominate inside defender (ol boy outta BC wit da smokin problem) then there's no excuse 4 us not 2 be in the playoffs especially in this weak a$$ eastern conference.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

ITS ME AGAIN JUST COMING TO SAY THE FOLLOWING:

Sean Williams, a 6-foot-10 shot-blocking center who was kicked off the Boston College team for alleged marijuana use, will work out for the Knicks next month, according to a source. Williams is on Thomas' radar with the No. 23 pick in the NBA Draft.

Williams, not listed on most mock drafts because of his serious off-court issues, had 75 blocked shots in 15 games before he was booted in January. His stock is expected to rise after workouts.

A Boston College source said Williams had been suspended before for similar issues. Players are tested in the NBA five times a year for marijuana use. Drafting Williams would play into Thomas' mantra of building through "unconventional" ways. Williams may be at Wednesday's pre-draft camp in Orlando. ( FRIDAY'S NY POST)

THE GUYS IS GONNA BE GREAT... I WANT YOU ALL TO REMEMBER ME SAYING THIS... I FEEL LIKE A BALLS HUGGER THE WAY I'VE BEEN CAMPAIGNING FOR WILLIAMS, BUT CAN'T ANY OF YOU IN HERE SAY YOU THE KNICKS WOULDN'T BE A 10 OR MORE GAMES WITH A SHOT BLOCKER IN THE LANE PREVENTING EASY SHOTS TO GO DOWN... IF EDDY COULD STEP HIS GAME UP AND DO IT, THAT WPUID BE GREAT, BUT HE ISNT DOING IT ... LET EDDIE SCORE AND WILLIAMS BLOCK.. ZEEKE, I KNOW U ARE READING THIS BOARD... THE GUY IS A LOCK... YA HEAR ME A LOCK

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I'm not worried about the draft since IT has proven that his drafting ability are among the tops in the league... as for the Allen trade... with Seattle possibly losing Lewis as a free agent and the potential drafting of Durant... no way sugar ray leaves for Frye or Crawford... i wouldn't pull the trigger on that even if we had a shot at it...

FameMos

Benchwarmer
If Marbury, Crawford, and Nate improve their 3pt shooting from what it was this season, they won't 'NEED' a Ray Allen. Not to mention, we already have a 3pt champ in Q-Rich (Hope he'll be healthy). If those guys would work on their shooting this offseason, all we'd really need is a Dominate inside defender (ol boy outta BC wit da smokin problem) then there's no excuse 4 us not 2 be in the playoffs especially in this weak a$$ eastern conference.
Like I said, if we can improve our outside shooting (and I think they will) then what they need 2 focus on is trying to get a small foward (Artest) or Garnett. Those should be the only 2 guys they should be tryna get via trade.