Trading Is Not The Only Answer

Toons

is the Bo$$
Many teams have made big mistakes in trading players that simply need development. You say get rid of Curry....Curry has come a long way, and is a work in process. Curry has been on the radar to be an all star....why do we want to trade him?? Secondly, you have all turned your backs on Frye, just because he had a bad season....look at what we did with Marcus Camby...Frye is young, he just hasnt grown into his frame as yet...he needs confidence...not skill. Why trade away Jerome James? with the right work and conditioning he can be a great backup for Curry...he needs footwork and to stay out of foul trouble....i read that you want to trade crawford...someone who is proven to be able to make big shots when it counts. Who knows if mardy collins wont have a bad season next year? or injuries wont get to him? Why get rid of a recovering quinten richardson when we all saw how good he can be on defence in the early part of the season? WE NEED DEVELOPMENT WHILE WE GET RID OF THESE CONTRACTS. Malik rose needs to go...Focus on the finals in 09

Marbs/nate/collins
Crawford/Quinten/ Francis
Balkman/J.Jeff
D.Lee/C.Frye
Curry/J.James

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I was with you up until Jerome James. You are correct about Frye and Curry. I don't think most Knicks fans think Curry should be traded. But every one has seemed to jump on the trade Frye bandwagon. I say trade him if it means getting us Garnett or Oneal. Other than that I think he will have a break through year with the Knicks. James on the other hand, we can only pray that he hits the gym.

Like everyone else I agree w/ everything except the Jerome James part. Look any player in the NBA is capable of being a good player ...but it takes work and dedication, and JJ has shown neither since coming over....I've said it all along that Frye's game is very similair to Rasheed Wallace's game, but Frye has a much better attitude, and is in better shape. Granted Rasheed plays w/ much, much more passion, but maybe Frye begins to get that as the Knicks improve,but we all loved him last year and after one bad season we want to trade him? He still has a treamendous upside, and the work etic and dedication, I like Frye coming out this season focused and being a compliment to Curry inside game

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
The Knicks should definitely be more careful and prudent with their trades, especially with their track record. I don't think the Knicks have gotten the better half of a trade since Marcus Camby. I'm so tired of the Knicks trading their assets away for old players with long overpaid contracts. If the Knicks make the right moves from now on, they could be a killer team or at least be in a great situation in 2009.

paris401

Starter
Why get rid of a recovering quinten richardson when we all saw how good he can be on defence in the early part of the season?

well qrich is UNTRADEABLE... bad back which is uninsurable, means he stays... which is ok by me... i like him when healthy...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
The Knicks should definitely be more careful and prudent with their trades, especially with their track record. I don't think the Knicks have gotten the better half of a trade since Marcus Camby. I'm so tired of the Knicks trading their assets away for old players with long overpaid contracts. If the Knicks make the right moves from now on, they could be a killer team or at least be in a great situation in 2009.

Nene and Camby have become the cornerstone of the nugget front court... mycdess has provided us with steph, penny, and renaldo balkman... i think it's safe to say denver got the better end of that one...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm one of those people who have jumped on the trade frye bandwagon. Its not that i dont think fye is talented. I havent forgotten the first couple of months of his rookie season but if david lee can develop a jumpshot then id rather have him as the starting power forward. Hes a great rebounder and a good passer. He just needs to develop more of an offensive game. I think frye will eventually, possibly next year even, become a good player but isiah shouldve drafted gerald green or andrew bynum instead. I think the Knicks are set at every position for now and the future. The only thing they need is a backup powerforward/center who can block some shots.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The Knicks need to decide if they are going to rebuild or make a run. Isiah talks out of 2 sides of his mouth; One one hand he sayd that he needs to draft and develop the young talen. On the other hand, he goes out and makes trades for contracts like Malik Rose, M Taylor. Frances.... It does not make sense! If the Knicks want to make a push, they need a proven guy like O'Neil, KG, Gasol... I like Frye but feel they should use him or Lee and Crawford to bring in one of these guys. TOONS wants to sit on the current talent and hope that Frye shows some of what he did last season and Lee will repeat and excel past what he has done this season. The problem is that with rookies and young guys, they sometime turn into a bust. If you can use them to get someone who has been a proven entity season after season, you do it. You can always resign one of these players down the line IF they turn into a star.

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks need to decide if they are going to rebuild or make a run. Isiah talks out of 2 sides of his mouth; One one hand he sayd that he needs to draft and develop the young talen. On the other hand, he goes out and makes trades for contracts like Malik Rose, M Taylor. Frances.... It does not make sense! If the Knicks want to make a push, they need a proven guy like O'Neil, KG, Gasol... I like Frye but feel they should use him or Lee and Crawford to bring in one of these guys. TOONS wants to sit on the current talent and hope that Frye shows some of what he did last season and Lee will repeat and excel past what he has done this season. The problem is that with rookies and young guys, they sometime turn into a bust. If you can use them to get someone who has been a proven entity season after season, you do it. You can always resign one of these players down the line IF they turn into a star.

Exaaaaaaaactly.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
The Knicks need to decide if they are going to rebuild or make a run.

I don't think any GM should be set on either option.
If the right opportunity comes along, I would definitely trade some of the youth on the team even David Lee for a player like Jermaine O'neil or Kevin Garnett.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I don't think any GM should be set on either option.
If the right opportunity comes along, I would definitely trade some of the youth on the team even David Lee for a player like Jermaine O'neil or Kevin Garnett.

I disagree, I think it is the job of a GM to decide on what direction their franchise is going. If they decide to go the youth movement and happen to have a great year a looks like they can make a run, then yes, a decision needs to be made on making a key trade. But, a GM has to have a game plan.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
in my opinion, the knicks should stick with rebuilding but if a player like jermaine o'neil or kevin garnett comes around, they have to bite. obviously, they shouldn't give up the whole farm for them but i feel that we could make a trade and still end up with enough players to contend for a championship. for example, maybe we could trade frye or lee, steve francis, and a protected first round draft pick. don't kill me if the salaries doesn't match.

starters
pg marbury
sg crawford
sf q rich
pf garnett/o'neil
c curry

bench
pg nate robinson
sg mardy collins
sf renaldo balkman/jared jeffries
pf frye or lee (whichever we end up keeping)
c malik rose/jerome james (if they can't man the position, maybe the knicks
could pick up a free agent center with their mid-level exception)

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
in my opinion, the knicks should stick with rebuilding but if a player like jermaine o'neil or kevin garnett comes around, they have to bite. obviously, they shouldn't give up the whole farm for them but i feel that we could make a trade and still end up with enough players to contend for a championship. for example, maybe we could trade frye or lee, steve francis, and a protected first round draft pick. don't kill me if the salaries doesn't match.

starters
pg marbury
sg crawford
sf q rich
pf garnett/o'neil
c curry

bench
pg nate robinson
sg mardy collins
sf renaldo balkman/jared jeffries
pf frye or lee (whichever we end up keeping)
c malik rose/jerome james (if they can't man the position, maybe the knicks
could pick up a free agent center with their mid-level exception)

That would be awesome if we could get either of those players for Frye! Because essentially that is how your trade breaks down. To get Garnett you will have to give up both Lee and Frye as well as Crawford and probably Jeffreys (Just to use his contract) and a money filler like Rose. To get O'Neil is probably the same minus Frye or Lee; You would have to use one of them, I don't think you need both of those guys to get him. Not to say Indiana wouldn't hold out until the Knicks caved in and give up both. Keep in mind that Chicago is also interested in Garnett and Gasol; they have Deng, Gordon and Tyrus Thomas that they can dangle in front of these teams. The one thing that can help the Knicks with O'Neil is that he seems to be asking for NY.

Toons

is the Bo$$
OK, in response to theose who disagree...Indiana will not trade JO to us....they already made a big mistake with the golden state trade, get it out of your minds....Garnet is not a prospect, he is not looking at new york, he wants to go to LA with kobe, Gasol is not going anywhere, we dont have the players to give memphis, we have no Big men of his calliber....when gasol came off his injury this season, they won games....im tired of these NBA 2k7 an live 07 trade proposals...come on man, u think we are reaaaally going to get these stars for our current players? lets talk reality here, we need development, not gossip about trades that wont happen. Lets b real knick fans.