Boxing

metrocard

Legend
cry-cry-1.gif

Damn crybaby.

67no86h.gif

Anyway, Cintron is a beast, and fuck Paul Williams for talking about Cotto.

Cotto will do a much better job closing distance. Williams has no pop what so ever and Cotto will keep the fight in his distance not Williams. Also Margarito was just coming forward and not cutting off the ring, but he hurt Williams several times, just couldn't finish him off as he went head hunting. That lean body is for the taking though and Cotto will break it. BTW, PW threw over a 1,000 punches and landed just 22%, that right there proves once again, he's has no power and no accuracy for that matter, how can he come at Cotto like that and expect a win? if he didn't like Margarito's body punches I wonder how much he is going to like Cotto's!?!?? Cotto hits harder than Margo, he can box and he's a lethal body puncher. Margo showed that you can get inside against Williams in rounds 6-10, and if Cotto gets in there, he could bust that long thin body badly. Cotto doesn't need to fight him right now. He throws a lot of punches, he is very tall and southpaw. But technically whats so special about him? I don't see anything but a tall ass lanky guy who throws nonstop pitter patter punches. It was easy in the early rounds just throwing over 100 punches since Margarito allowed him to move anywhere Paul wanted. Paul punches and takes a step back trying to keep his distance. A guy who knows how to cut the ring off will give him problems, doesn't have to be Cotto.

as for Cotto, it would be an akward fight, because Williams holds alot and I think that would piss Cotto off, but Cotto is a punisher, that knows how to finish, Williams is still Green, just is Middleweight walking around in Welterweight. But my boy Cintron would turn of the lights on this kid. Williams doesnt DESERVE to fight with guys like Mosley, Cotto, Mayweather or any of the elite welterweights, the only guy he deserves to fight is Cintron. Williams just hasnt proven himself, enough; one fight doesn't determine everything. I think you will have to rethink who hits harder,because to the body.....Cotto is just the best in boxing and if Paul ever fights Cotto, he will find that out the hard way. Cotto won't stay there blocking shots and not throwing, Cotto will come in and beat him up until Paul just cant continue.

So far since Cotto first started at 140 all of his opponents have been called "toughest test to date", yet you say none of them are better than PW opponents, or to Margo in this case, Margarito the same guy who lost to Daniel Santos, fuking Daniel Santos, come on man, how sorry can you be. back to Cotto...Williams has no shot against Cotto because he doesnt have 1 punch KO power and damn sure isnt gonna take 12 rounds of body Shots from Cotto...he also isnt going to throw 100 punches per round against Cotto...we see in every fight that people punch less against Cotto as the fight goes on, y? becasue he wears them out from the opening bell on...dont mention williams in the same breath as Cotto until he really does something...have him fight Cintron and we'll take it from there

But I'm telling you Kermit Cintron has a really good chance of beating Paul Williams, probably more of a chance than Cotto. Cintron boxes better now since Emanuel Steward took over and the training in Kronk may have made Cintron tougher. Cintron's power is scary and since he is taller and has long arms. He's got an excellent chance with Williams.

This is from the PR paper El Vocero, Cotto will fight anyone , he doesn't give a damn who it is.

By: Carlos Narvaez Rosario for El Vocero
Miguel Cotto has no objections for Paul Williams being his next rival: if that is what Top Rank wants.

The unbeaten WBA welterweight champ has one more defense on his agenda before the year ends and Paul Williams is in 1st place of opponents dreaming of fighting Miguel Cotto, the welterweight division's new star.

Williams took the WBO belt from Antonio Margarito, defeating him by unanimous decision in a fight held at Carson, California.

The man known as 'The Punisher' was favored in the three judges' cards by scores of 115-113, 115-113, and 116-112 to maintain his unbeaten record and improve it to 33-0 with 24 KOs.

The victory places Williams on the doorstep of a possible unification fight with Cotto, who would not mind meeting him before 2007 is over with.

"Nothing impressive and I was not impressed at all with the fight," comment Evangelista Cotto, trainer and manager of the Caguas fighter. "I believe Margarito failed in his strategy. They left their strategy until too late and they had to put it in effect earlier because Margarito was stronger than Williams, whose only advantage was height and reach. I believe that Margarito could have won the fight," he added.

Cotto would have no problem with facing Williams, if that is what Top Rank (who have expressed frustration with Margarito since his close victory over Joshua Clottey) wants.

"I still have not discussed a future rival, but there is no problem in facing Williams. It's a matter of sitting down, talking, and coming to an economic agreement to then begin working," added Evangelista Cotto.

Cotto is coming off a career best showing in dispatching by TKO Super Zab Judah last June and this improve his record to 30-0 with 25 KOs, a similar record to Williams'.

The Caguas native could return to the ring between November or December for a new defense or a title unification.

"We still don't have a fixed date, but we know that we will make one more fight this year. It will either be November or December. Right now Miguel is traveling and we are waiting for him to return to talk. But we are not only willing to fight Williams, but everyone fighting at 147 lbs. In Williams' case, he is a boxer who does nothing extraordinarily, and his only advantage is his height and reach."

Cotto is fucking gangsta.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Anyone see the highlights to the RJ fight? He destroyed hanshaw...the kid never really had a chance and RJ...STILL...has the fastest hands in boxing P4P. No one can really rush him now because the combination of his fast hands and the fierce body punches he dishes out will make any foe crumble. Remember...he did send Ajamu to the hospital because of kidney failure from too many body punches being landed. The man is a BEAST and he's 38! He's calling out everybody too...he finally got his swagger back. I don't think Trinidad wants any now...he's not talking about RJ as much now...I think he's scared and wants to pick a safer comeback opponent.

Who throws consecutive uppercuts like that and stuns a boxer like that? NO ONE...this is why he is a legend. If he didn't lose that 18-25 pounds of muscle then he wouldn't have lost his G.O.A.T status...I'm glad the man is trying to redeem himself. Definitely the highlight of the night next to Paul Williams winning his world welterweight title.

There's no doubt that Paul Williams has what it takes to be a champ. His defense is suspect at times but his heart and punch output will give alot of boxers problems. The welterweight divsion is where it's at right now since Floyd Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya are returning to there stomping grounds. No one in that divsion can touch Floyd Mayweather but Cotto will give him problems. Nevertheless Floyd Mayweather is the smarter fighter and will make cotto fight his fight which is making cotto fall into mistake after mistake and rip his heart out of his opponents chest. Everyone wants to knock the snot out of Mayweather...the problem that is present is that no one can touch him...no one can get a clean punch on him because he's too fast and his defense is superior to everyone else's offense. This is why he's P4P the best right now. He can't pull off 6,7,8,9,10 punch combos and isn't close to legendary status like my boy RJ but he's the best out right now...

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
B-Hop beats Winky...dag it's hard to hate on B-Hop just for the fact that the man is the hardest working man in boxing, he comes in with determination and comes out with perseverance. The biggest fight in boxing right now could possibly happen. RJ vs. B-Hop...clash of the legends.

"The WBO craves a rematch between Bernard and Roy so much that already they have them ranked #1 and #2 . Seems the writing is on the table for a mandatory title eliminator bout with the winner to face champion Zsolt Erdei (27-0 17ko?s). For the box office numbers though the real money maker is between the two old warhorses. Zsolt has left Europe and fought here in the States only once in 2002 when he was 10-0 to face journeyman Darren Whitley in Jersey. Other than that he stays mainly in Germany. Of course German fight fans flock to the arenas for their champions so a title fight there is worth big money for everyone."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=9597

I don't think it'll happen since roy already said he didn't want anything to do with B-Hop because he plays around too much and B-Hop wants to fight Joe Calzaghe...which he will destroy piece by piece. Especially if they fight in America since he won't have a ref from Denmark to call premature TKOs like they did against Peter Manfredo. Legends such as De La Hoya, RJ, B-Hop, and Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield takes boxing on a different ride because at the end of the day they are not only fighting their next opponent but they are also fighting father time...and you can't do anything but root for them because they are legends and like most people we want legends to win and return back to their old form.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Was looking around youtube and saw this series on the RJ and Ruiz fight...

RJ is the baddest...fastest, P4P greatest fighter of our era. At his prime none of these present guys could even touch this man...Mayweather, De La Hoya, Hopkins, Hatton, Winky, Jermain Taylor, Cotto, Pavlick, Calzaghe....NONE OF THESE WANNABES could touch the true RJ. They might have a chance at the current shell of a version of RJ but the true RJ...the true RJ could never be stopped. He is the GOAT of our generation...that is all...

Last edited by a moderator:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
mms://donking.wmod.llnwd.net/a1772/o15/presser.wmv

Don King is crazy lol. But what is Trinidad thinking?? He's going to walk in at 170 inand beat Greatness?? I don't think so...RJJ is too quick, too strong, and too smart for Trinidad. Plus Roy actually like a human being instead of a slow loser. B-Hop KO'ed him...now it's time for RJ to do the same. RJ KO by 9. It's time for RJ to be back on top of the game again at the age of 38...

Mantovani

Rookie
Mayweather v Hatton has the potential to be the best fight of that division for the past 5 years. Hatton is going into it with a far better attitude but I think Mayweather is the better boxer technically. Whether he can take Hatton's body punching is a different matter and we all know Hatton cuts easy. It will be an incredible fight either way.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Good to talk boxing with you. Mos def, Mayweather is the more technically sound boxer but like what you said Pretty Boy doesn't like to get hit...especially body punches so we'll see how he handles them. He said that it's going to be a toe-to-toe fight...I'll believe it when I see it. I want to see the RJJ vs. Trinidad fight but I don't think Trinidad will put up much opposition...

metrocard

Legend
These are two of my favorite fighters of all time, and its going to be sad to see one of them go out like this. Years ago Jones would have absolutely murdered and embarrassed him, but unfortunately, this year Jones is the one thats going to be badly beaten. Tito is still young, and I think he was just made to look farther past it then he is by Wrights game plan and brilliant defense. Wright was the worst possible match up for Tito.

Roy lays on the ropes way too much nowadays and has a very suspect chin at this stage of his career. When he's in the center of the ring he will get off first because he still has his speed, but Tito will push him back and force him to fight off the ropes, a fight that will be welcomed by the suddenly lazy and lethargic version of Roy Jones. Watch the Glenn Johnson fight and then bet your ass that this will be a repeat. Tito is still a step up from the competition Jones has been facing. He has power, he has heart and he has a relentless fighting style. Unlike Roy, Tito gets up when he's knocked down. Jones to lose another by KO.....to a former Welterweight.

303i5qs.jpg

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Anyone watching the Jermain Taylor vs. Kelly Pavlik fight? It will be a good one tonight ladies and gentlemen.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
yea just finished watching it...great TKO by Pavlick. But did anyone catch Pavlick trying to say "punch me" before he got hit with 5 consecutive hooks before getting dropped? lol Dawson was awesome in his title fight. Wasn't much of a fight though. Berto won by KO prolly the 2nd best fight of the night.
If Roy was going to fight Taylor which was planned if he won that fight and if RJ beats Trinidad (which he probably will), then roy's hand speed would have been too much for Taylor's porous defense. Kinda like what will happen against trinidad. Regardless RJ will never return to the old RJ P4P untouchable form but like what so many people say, 50% of roy is better than 95% of talent that is currently in boxing.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Big misconception of the art of boxing...just because you get starched doesn't mean you got owned. Taylor was up on the cards so he didn't get owned but he did get his bell rung. Pavlick isn't experienced to go against the likes of a B-Hop or a Winky Wright. Taylor is still inexperienced, if anyone saw the first round then you would know what i was talking about. Plus he stands in the danger zone which is when you're half way on the inside and halfway on the outside of the fighter and he doesn't move his head and doesn't keep his hands up so this KO didn't surprise me. He knows what kind of adjustments that needs to be made for the rematch. But it's good that he tastes this L by KO, now we can see the real champion in him when he comes back from this...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Anyone watched the Samuel Peter vs. Mccline fight? Good fight for both guys, but I really believed despite the three knock downs to Peter. That Peter would win anyway. Hey why wasn't the Golota fight on?

metrocard

Legend
Cotto won rounds 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11

7-5.

Mosley showed he's one of the best body punches in the division today; he got to Miguel's core and did damage.

Miguel is the best all around welterweight; he won the match with his jab. No one would of thought of Cotto would utiilized his jab, being known as a slugger. Cotto is fast, and also has great defense; even being an agressive boxer who always looks to get inside. Cotto has cat-like reflexes and always comes back with combinations.

Mosley got his ass kicked in rounds 3-6. He couldn't even throw combinations anymore with the shots he was taking.

Cotto was the more accurate boxer who won more rounds.

Mosley got the most power punches.

Cotto is great at adapted to the environment and changing his style. He doesn't need to use his strengths to win the fight.

The road to greatness continues for Cotto.

Plus, Cotto has the best kicks in boxing.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Anyone watch the Mosley-Cotto fight? Great fight. Very close fight and hard to score but not as hard as the Winky-Hopkins fight. At the end, Cotto won the fight but I think if Mosley didn't give so much respect toward Cotto's punching then the fight would have been much more of a landslide. Everytime Mosley let off with a good punch he would back up Cotto....which means you have to ask yourself...how many times has cotto been pushed back? This is a sign of being hurt. He definitely had him hurt in the 9th even though Cotto is to proud to admit it. Cotto was running around like the smaller fighter in the 9th. I thought Mosley took rounds 9,10, and 12 but I don't know...they were very hard to score. I have no clue why they gave Cotto the last round. My decision goes to Cotto even though he couldn't press his style on the quicker Mosley who is still a great in my book.

Next big fight, Mayweather vs. Hatton. The superfight! I'm definitely watching this one. Mayweather might be too slick for hatton with his James Toney patented Philly Shell defense but Hatton is a big puncher with heart...a mean body puncher at that. I'm saying a close UD by Mayweather with Hatton going at Pretty Boy early.

After this fight will be the RJ-Trinidad fight. This will not be a fight. Roy is the quicker, faster, stronger, wiser, and P4P better fighter than Trinidad. Anyone who says that Roy doesn't have a chin, doesn't know boxing. Anyone knows that if you lose 25 pounds over a short period of time...your legs are going to be gone when you enter the ring. So when you get hit by the big punch or that punch you aren't expecting...what's going to happen? If anyone doesn't know the anatomy of a punch...when you get hit by a good punch, it goes straight to your legs which is why you see people with bad footwork or tired boxer's legs almost evaporate when they get hit by a haymaker. Look at the Vargas-Trinidad fight or when RJ knockdown James Toney. RJ has eaten punches from middleweight to heavyweight and wasn't hurt once......Trinidad will not I repeat...will not hurt RJ. He's not nearly as strong. His punches will annoy RJ which will eventually put Tito to rest AGAIN and he'll go back to Puerto Rico in shame. Besides I have no respect for Tito...dude tried to cheat against B-Hop by unproperly wrapping his hands...true champions never cheat...never do true champions cheat...RJ TKO 9

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
What is going to happen to the smaller, less-abled Trinidad against Roy....

2:08: Hanshaw hits RJ with a good right hand which makes roy angry

2:03 Roy hits him with a good left hook and gets off the ropes

1:01 After a series of superb body shots, RJ let's off a hard triple uppercut in 1 second on his way to drop hanshaw to the canvas....

LOL Trinidad peed his pants when he saw that.

Exclusive interview on RJ about the trinidad fight

Trinidad interview

Last edited by a moderator:

metrocard

Legend
capt.7aa19eda9c8b45f695a7cd2ee47c9689.cotto_mosley__boxing_nyff108.jpg

capt.c7fb213c06a14493b1768416ce124651.cotto_mosley__boxing_nyff105.jpg

capt.fb1bcace62834150819db64c936d224f.cotto_mosley__boxing_nyff102.jpg

capt.6ed313d3e82d4d58895435963fb87d7a.cotto_mosley_boxing__nyma116.jpg

capt.sge.thm79.111107055605.photo01.photo.default-512x338.jpg

capt.be545919e63849c89e7da82fe54215a5.aptopix_cotto_mosley_boxing_nyff101.jpg

capt.0c939fab063a4962a319dc2e21ff4498.cotto_mosley_boxing__nym110.jpg

capt.d822fc76b6bc49a4a75cbb4af97f58df.cotto_mosley_boxing__nyma109.jpg

fullj.getty-76505160aj033_miguel_cotto_.jpg

fullj.getty-76505160aj027_miguel_cotto_.jpg

fullj.getty-76505160aj026_miguel_cotto_.jpg

fullj.getty-76505160aj025_miguel_cotto_.jpg

capt.4fff5bf4e1854197a86b0879b53d35bb.cotto_mosley_boxing__nym112.jpg

fullj.getty-76505160aj037_miguel_cotto_.jpg

The better boxer won.

^ word.

Tito needs to do a few things to win.

1. CUT OFF the RING. This will mean that RJJ cannot run all night like a welterweight DLH.

2. KEEP it on the ROPES!! RJJ is the most horrible off the ropes fighter I have ever seen, in following this sport for 4 decades. He reminds me of a fighting rooster trapped against a chain link fence by a Rotweiller.

3. Go to the Body. RJJ cowers on the ropes, covering up like a prostitute that Ike Ibeabuchhi is trying to rip the clothes off of in a Hotel Room. He covers his head, but leaves his both sides exposed.

4. Keep it a war, lots of toe to toe exchanges, and work on firing that ugly left hook with some speed. The shot that ruined the career of Vargas in the First Round will end RJJ's career as well.

5. Watch the 1st and 2nd Tarver fight, and the Johnson fight. These are blueprints of how to destroy Roy.

RJ has NO jab ... keeps his hands low all night man Tito is going to destroy him

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Couldn't have said it better...the most crucial aspect of RJ's fight style is his footspeed. If the footspeed is there then RJ is going to create havoc because he'll no longer stay on the ropes. And yes he needs to stay off the ropes even though he was more effective in his last fight in which he knocked Hanshaw from the ropes. It'll be a good fight but I don't see Trinidad causing RJ any problems. Seems like he's recovered from his "weight mistake" and is now at decent form. Trinidad is not knocking out Roy in 2 like he says. And RJ could knock out Trinidad in 4 but I don't see it. But if this goes the distance RJ by UD but if a KO did occur I'm saying it happens around R 7-9.