Knicks to pursue Vince Carter

Starks

Starter
http://thebigpush.info/2007-5-26.htm

this just makes me sick. the guy is a loser. and to here Balkman's name even mentioned in the deal just is like a kick in the nuts

Sorry to break out to you, but Balkman is not in the same stratosphere as Carter. Besides, lets be real, Renaldo Balkmen is not the kind of player that comes once every 5 years. There's about a dozen of him in the east alone: see Miki Moore

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Y do the Knicks want 1of the most overrated players in the NBA??? He's lost a step (or 2) and he wants like 18mil per year. Are you F**king kidding me?? i'd be hesitant 2 give him 8mill. Dude plays no defense and in a year or 2 he'll just be a jump shooter. If Isaiah makes this happen :boohoo: to the Knicks 4 the next 5yrs.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
Y do the Knicks want 1of the most overrated players in the NBA??? He's lost a step (or 2) and he wants like 18mil per year. Are you F**king kidding me?? i'd be hesitant 2 give him 8mill. Dude plays no defense and in a year or 2 he'll just be a jump shooter. If Isaiah makes this happen :boohoo: to the Knicks 4 the next 5yrs.

Seriously, Carter is an overrated bum...If Charlotte or Orlando gives this guy a huge superstar type contract is there motivation selling tickets or winning a championship b/c he can only do one of those, not both. If Isiah does this, he probably will not live out his new extension.

I agree Vince Carter is exactly what we don't need, another player who needs the ball to make an impact on the game, a older player with a new contract, and a player who can at times be a disturbance to his team. I agree that while he is a better player that Balkman, Balkman just brings it every single night on the court,and the same can't be said for Vince. I think aside from the highlights, we can get everything we would get from Vince out of Crawford. I've defended every trade and aquisition that my man Isiah has made ( except Jerome James, and I still want to give Jared one more season before judging) but I will change my name to "BACK 2 Detroit 11" if this trade goes down....seriously!

insomniac

Benchwarmer
I agree Vince Carter is exactly what we don't need, another player who needs the ball to make an impact on the game, a older player with a new contract, and a player who can at times be a disturbance to his team. I agree that while he is a better player that Balkman, Balkman just brings it every single night on the court,and the same can't be said for Vince. I think aside from the highlights, we can get everything we would get from Vince out of Crawford. I've defended every trade and aquisition that my man Isiah has made ( except Jerome James, and I still want to give Jared one more season before judging) but I will change my name to "BACK 2 Detroit 11" if this trade goes down....seriously!

i couldnt agree more... good post

Jamal Crawford is a better player the VC... no doubt about it

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
OK GUYS, you really need to focus on the fact that dude is playing for the NETS and realize he JUST turned 30. only three years older than Craw, and again like i've said other times, I love Craw, but come on, Craw is a better player than VC?!?!?! How exactly do you come to that conclusion? Mind you, Vince is the same age as KG. would you guys be saying the same thing about KG coming? C'mon be objective, The guy along with Curry and Marbury would be great... AND I believe with a little coaxing from Isiah to Phil Knight, we could possibly get Vince over here with the Mid-Level Exception... HMM think about it ;)

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
OK GUYS, you really need to focus on the fact that dude is playing for the NETS and realize he JUST turned 30. only three years older than Craw, and again like i've said other times, I love Craw, but come on, Craw is a better player than VC?!?!?! How exactly do you come to that conclusion? Mind you, Vince is the same age as KG. would you guys be saying the same thing about KG coming? C'mon be objective, The guy along with Curry and Marbury would be great... AND I believe with a little coaxing from Isiah to Phil Knight, we could possibly get Vince over here with the Mid-Level Exception... HMM think about it ;)

the problem with this is that Crawford is a better closer than VC and Craw also provides the team with intangibles... just look at our record (and Curry's production) once Craw got hurt (losing DLee probably impacted the record just as much though)... have you watched Vince play in NJ??? the guys is a shell of himself... he is not the same Vince that lead toronto to the conference finals... he is the vince that dribbles the ball off his shoes... takes games off... settles for jumpshots... plays no defense... and drains the shot clock while deciding what to do with the ball... you mention that he is three years older than Craw... but he makes similar mistakes and Craw NEVER complains or looks like he's phoning it in...

as for KG... the guys puts it out there EVERY night... win or lose... he has the heart of a lion and is loyal to his team and franchise... vince is neither...

ODucksFan82

Rookie
I agree Vince Carter is exactly what we don't need, another player who needs the ball to make an impact on the game, a older player with a new contract, and a player who can at times be a disturbance to his team. I agree that while he is a better player that Balkman, Balkman just brings it every single night on the court,and the same can't be said for Vince.

You just got to look at the Raptors to undertsand what Vince is about if he's not happy with his situation and the Knicks dont need that kind of hassle, and your right Balkman is what a team needs not flashy but full of heart.

Carter's got some skills offensively, but rebounds, plays very solid defense, and goes out and plays his ass off every night (two things VC knows nothing about). Do you reallly want a player who quits on his team? especially a "Superstar" aren't they supposed to dictate whether you ahve a good team or not.

as far as jamal crawford vs. viet cong, at this point in their careers you'd be crazy not ot go with JC. he's got 5 more years of averaging 15-20. VC has 1 or 2 of averaging 20, then it's going to be over like rony seikaly on the nets. if you really wanna buy out his contract in a year and half, then yeah let's get this guy.

i've been a knicks fan since i was 10, but if they get vince carter i really am going to have to stop rooting for this team. there's a reason only 8 head coaches have chips in the last 25 years. winning is a product of a winning attitude and mindset. VC couldn't be more opposite of these things. He's just a pair of strong legs and long arms.

and vince ain't gettin paid no mid-level. 15 per and nothin less.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Carter's got some skills offensively, but rebounds, plays very solid defense, and goes out and plays his ass off every night (two things VC knows nothing about). Do you reallly want a player who quits on his team? especially a "Superstar" aren't they supposed to dictate whether you ahve a good team or not.

as far as jamal crawford vs. viet cong, at this point in their careers you'd be crazy not ot go with JC. he's got 5 more years of averaging 15-20. VC has 1 or 2 of averaging 20, then it's going to be over like rony seikaly on the nets. if you really wanna buy out his contract in a year and half, then yeah let's get this guy.

i've been a knicks fan since i was 10, but if they get vince carter i really am going to have to stop rooting for this team. there's a reason only 8 head coaches have chips in the last 25 years. winning is a product of a winning attitude and mindset. VC couldn't be more opposite of these things. He's just a pair of strong legs and long arms.

I would make the trade if we could use Frances in the deal. I know they want Frye and Balkman. I would use 1 or the other with Frances. I think Carter is better than Frances and would be making around the same money as Frances. SO I think it would be a better use of the money. The down side is using a young player to make the deal. As a side note, if they could land O'Neil using Lee, Crawford and other contracts, then Carter is a great compliment. You would have 3 guys on the floor that would demand a double to triple team every time the touch the ball.
Curry
O'Neil
Balkman
Carter
Marbury
Not a bad starting 5!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I read that Carter wants 60 million for a three year deal. Are we going to pay this guy 20 mill a year now? He's not that good! Carter is the most inconsistent all-star in the league. http://www.nypost.com/seven/05252007/sports/knicks/knicks_in_vin_now_mindset_knicks_marc_berman.htm
The Knicks should go after Jermaine O'Neal, Pau Gasol or Kevin Garnett. If they can't get any of the above then we should keep virtually the same line up. Move Francis to Houston or Cleavland if possible. Francis is tradable. He's only got two more years on his contracts. If necessary we should bench him and trade his expiring contract the year after next.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I would make the trade if we could use Frances in the deal. I know they want Frye and Balkman. I would use 1 or the other with Frances. I think Carter is better than Frances and would be making around the same money as Frances. SO I think it would be a better use of the money. The down side is using a young player to make the deal. As a side note, if they could land O'Neil using Lee, Crawford and other contracts, then Carter is a great compliment. You would have 3 guys on the floor that would demand a double to triple team every time the touch the ball.
Curry
O'Neil
Balkman
Carter
Marbury
Not a bad starting 5!

I'd rather bench Francis and trade his contract than trade him now w/Frye just 2 get Carter??? What do u ppl see in Carter? He's soooooo overrated. Give me Garnett or Artest 4 Frye. That wouldn't be such a bad starting 5 either. But i'm not giving up Frye 4 Carter.

I never stated that Craw was better, but what does Vince do better than Crawford other than the dunks. Vince may very well be "better" than Crawford, but he would do nothing for us getting to the next level in this league. I think he would do great on Miami, or Pheonix, but a team still trying to gel and become a contender in this league is not the place for Vince....about the mid-level execption, probably not pratical since Vince wants about 20 million a season.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I never stated that Craw was better, but what does Vince do better than Crawford other than the dunks. Vince may very well be "better" than Crawford, but he would do nothing for us getting to the next level in this league. I think he would do great on Miami, or Pheonix, but a team still trying to gel and become a contender in this league is not the place for Vince....about the mid-level execption, probably not pratical since Vince wants about 20 million a season.

In a league where Jarred Jeffries makes like 7 mil... I think VC deserves at most ten...

I read that Carter wants 60 million for a three year deal. Are we going to pay this guy 20 mill a year now? He's not that good! Carter is the most inconsistent all-star in the league. http://www.nypost.com/seven/05252007/sports/knicks/knicks_in_vin_now_mindset_knicks_marc_berman.htm
The Knicks should go after Jermaine O'Neal, Pau Gasol or Kevin Garnett. If they can't get any of the above then we should keep virtually the same line up. Move Francis to Houston or Cleavland if possible. Francis is tradable. He's only got two more years on his contracts. If necessary we should bench him and trade his expiring contract the year after next.

right on ! no easy way out for Francis in other words no buyout, the only way he gets to Houston is through a trade if he doesn't like it.... like Don just stated bench him or send him home like the Bulls did Tim Thomas. Sorry Steve but that comment that you made about "the next move you make is to the bank" is going to come back to haunt you in the form of two seasons on a Knick bench,or a Houston gym w/ Calvin Murphy ....ha ha ha