Knicks To Work Out Sean Williams

insomniac

Benchwarmer
http://thebigpush.info/2007-5-26.htm

Sean Williams, a 6-foot-10 shot-blocking center who was kicked off the Boston College team for alleged marijuana use, will work out for the Knicks next month, according to a source. Williams is on Thomas' radar with the No. 23 pick in the NBA Draft.

Williams, not listed on most mock drafts because of his serious off-court issues, had 75 blocked shots in 15 games before he was booted in January. His stock is expected to rise after workouts.

A Boston College source said Williams had been suspended before for similar issues. Players are tested in the NBA five times a year for marijuana use. Drafting Williams would play into Thomas' mantra of building through "unconventional" ways. Williams may be at Wednesday's pre-draft camp in Orlando.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
2 for 1?

I really think a place like NY could be beneficial for this kid...Think about all the other nut cases that went from talented-but-sketchy to memorable Knicks: Spree, Oak, Starks, Mase, etc. NY is such a huge market that he would under constant media scrutiny waiting for him to fuck up somehow...He could be an absolute steal for us if he is as talented as people say, but I still think we need to draft a sharp shooting SG; like a Hubert Davis type to take pressure off of Curry. I think this could possibly be the best scenario and we can walk out of the draft with an "A:"

Draft someone safe; like a sharp shooter that I eluded too; BUT if Williams falls out of the 1st round, we have to snatch him, say trade Nate (and maybe even another 2nd round pick in the future) for some teams pick in the second and get this kid in the 2nd...Highly unlikely, but if IT can pull this off and this kid comes in as good as advertised, IT could be considered a draft genius (but still a terrible GM). What do you think?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I really think a place like NY could be beneficial for this kid...Think about all the other nut cases that went from talented-but-sketchy to memorable Knicks: Spree, Oak, Starks, Mase, etc. NY is such a huge market that he would under constant media scrutiny waiting for him to fuck up somehow...He could be an absolute steal for us if he is as talented as people say, but I still think we need to draft a sharp shooting SG; like a Hubert Davis type to take pressure off of Curry. I think this could possibly be the best scenario and we can walk out of the draft with an "A:"

Draft someone safe; like a sharp shooter that I eluded too; BUT if Williams falls out of the 1st round, we have to snatch him, say trade Nate (and maybe even another 2nd round pick in the future) for some teams pick in the second and get this kid in the 2nd...Highly unlikely, but if IT can pull this off and this kid comes in as good as advertised, IT could be considered a draft genius (but still a terrible GM). What do you think?

\
I have spoke on this issue before in this forum... NO! DRAFT WILLIAMS, with one of our other star PF, we trade him along with someone else to Seatle for Mr. Ray Allen. With Durant coming in, I believe they willl be liable to rid themsevles of Mr. ALLEN , and that's where were swoop in, FRYE or LEE along with Crawford and Nate for Allen... works out on ESPN Trade Machine so it wil work out in reality... ZEEEEKKKKKEE make it happen man :)

insomniac

Benchwarmer
\
I have spoke on this issue before in this forum... NO! DRAFT WILLIAMS, with one of our other star PF, we trade him along with someone else to Seatle for Mr. Ray Allen. With Durant coming in, I believe they willl be liable to rid themsevles of Mr. ALLEN , and that's where were swoop in, FRYE or LEE along with Crawford and Nate for Allen... works out on ESPN Trade Machine so it wil work out in reality... ZEEEEKKKKKEE make it happen man :)

ur nuts i wouldnt do crawford for ray allen strait up..... what is he 80? keep the youth...

if we trade our youth for older talent it sets us back to 2002

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
theres no way williams land to us, once they see em in workouts his value going go up unless they really really care about the off court stuff

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
ur nuts i wouldnt do crawford for ray allen strait up..... what is he 80? keep the youth...

if we trade our youth for older talent it sets us back to 2002

he is 32 years old. 5 years older than Craw. its not like Craw the guy is a decrepit dude. 32 and last year he avereaged 26 points a game. I love Crawford, but he will never be as good as Allen is, sorry. I would make that trade in a heart beat. Allen has at least 3 great years left in him... and Crawford in those 3 years will still be real good, but not as good as Allen.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
theres no way williams land to us, once they see em in workouts his value going go up unless they really really care about the off court stuff

Well in my own little DREAM WORLD... I am hoping Sean Williams falls in love with the weed in New York Tri State area, and decides not to work out with any other team after his work out with the knicks and the knicks just pick up :-D .... HEY ITS MY DREAM :crossfingers:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player

yeah they do... Amare fell so far down the draft in 02 cause of his prison stints and sketchy past... teams passed on Chris Paul because he punched Julius Hodge in the nuts in college... NBA types are fickle about character issues...

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Well in my own little DREAM WORLD... I am hoping Sean Williams falls in love with the weed in New York Tri State area, and decides not to work out with any other team after his work out with the knicks and the knicks just pick up :-D .... HEY ITS MY DREAM :crossfingers:
Lmao. Nice

paris401

Starter

i agree... there is some bad ass weed here... i think our main competition will be from the lakers... i hear they too have some fine herb...

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Sean Williams would be a 100 % better pick-up than Jared Jefferies were last offseason. His presence for just 8 minutes a game will improve the defense on this Knick team tremendously.

Although, the WEED issue will be a major concern cuz New York got 10 different types a WEED that grows in every country, remember New York is Stock Market Wall st. district where the stock comes in plentyful...

metrocard

Legend
Sean Williams is too one dementional, raw and unproven for me. I can understand why you guys like his game cause he was a prolific shot blocker in college. So was Shawne James who's an extremely talented kid from Brooklyn with freakishly long arms, standing at 6"9 6"10, who was a machine at Northeastern.

I want the Knicks to draft the best well rounded player with potential. I think we'll be solid defensively with Collins, Balkman, and an improved David Lee. Q-Rich and Marbury also provide the defense.

I rather have Tiago Splitter over Sean Williams. We need position post defense more than we need shot blocking. Position post defense is something Lee and especially Curry failed at. Tiago Splitter is the best defensive big man in Europe, and he's only 21. But I would be content if we got Williams. I just think its a little too high, kinda like when we drafted Frye over Granger, Bynum, Green and etc.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Here's the info I got about Tiago Splitter:
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/tiagosplitter.asp

It says here that he's weak for a PF, but his overall skill seems to be what the knicks covet, especially since he's already a solid rebounder and defender. He seems like the 3 JJ20 was hired to be.

This is a tough one... based on talent level... I would draft splitter (slightly) over Williams... but we don't need to add another athletic three with developing post defense since we already have balkman and (presumably) a healthy qrich... like you said... we need post position defense and Williams provides that best post defense of the two (from what I've read, since I haven't seen either guy for an entire game)... if what they're saying about Splitter is true... I expect him to be snatched up the Wolves 7, Atlanta 11, Phily 12, New Orleans 13, or LAC 14... assuming Yi and Brewer are already drafted... these teams all need help at the 3 and someone is going to bite on a 6'11" athletic 3/4 before he slips to #23...

Whatever happens I trust IT with this draft pick... people criticized drafting balkman... now everyone is on his d*ck... if we can get either of these guys... we'd be on the right track...

Last edited by a moderator:

starksfor3

Rookie
We don't need this guy. We already have Randolph Morris and need to develop him. He comes from a better program (KU) and this guy (BC) and accomplished a lot more in college.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
CollegeHoops.net -- 05.23
1. Greg Oden
2. Kevin Durant
3. Brandan Wright
4. Al Horford
5. Jeff Green
6. Yi Jianlian
7. Mike Conley Jr.
8. Julian Wright
9. Joakim Noah
10. Spencer Hawes
11. Acie Law
12. Corey Brewer
13. Al Thornton
14. Tiago Splitter

IF these guys are right (like I think they might be), then the Clippers get to misuse Splitter's talents for three seasons (at least)... this draft is interesting as any we've seen recently...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
We don't need this guy. We already have Randolph Morris and need to develop him. He comes from a better program (KU) and this guy (BC) and accomplished a lot more in college.

Morris plays the 5... Williams would be a 4... so we could use both... but you're right about their college accomplishments...

metrocard

Legend
Here's the info I got about Tiago Splitter:
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/tiagosplitter.asp

It says here that he's weak for a PF, but his overall skill seems to be what the knicks covet, especially since he's already a solid rebounder and defender. He seems like the 3 JJ20 was hired to be.

This is a tough one... based on talent level... I would draft splitter (slightly) over Williams... but we don't need to add another athletic three with developing post defense since we already have balkman and (presumably) a healthy qrich... like you said... we need post position defense and Williams provides that best post defense of the two (from what I've read, since I haven't seen either guy for an entire game)... if what they're saying about Splitter is true... I expect him to be snatched up the Wolves 7, Atlanta 11, Phily 12, New Orleans 13, or LAC 14... assuming Yi and Brewer are already drafted... these teams all need help at the 3 and someone is going to bite on a 6'11" athletic 3/4 before he slips to #23...

Whatever happens I trust IT with this draft pick... people criticized drafting balkman... now everyone is on his d*ck... if we can get either of these guys... we'd be on the right track...

That profile is old...NBADRAFT.net compared Darius Miles to T'Mac once...or Deshaun Stevenson to Micheal Jordan.

Splitter is far from a WEAK PF. Splitter is a 4/5

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I was thinking the same thing. We got Morris, lets see what he can do. But if Williams is what ere1 says he is then we can't pass that up (unless Morris can play) But I do like Almond outta Rice.