Artest to NY?

metrocard

Legend
Via Jonathan G From their podcast:

some blurbs -
"There's some talk here about Ron Artest going to NY."

"Isiah's got an ego (of his own) so he thinks that he can manage that pretty well"

"The rumor seems to be Artest for Jamal Crawford. Or on the flip side you're also hearing (a little bit of) Artest for Malik Rose and Channing Frye."

"Sacramento is definitely shopping Artest, they wanna dump him like no other. They like Jeff Green at #10, they like Julian Wright there....if Corey Brewer falls, maybe an Al Thornton..."

"It's a circus over (in NY). (The Knicks) are gonna be a pretty good team....but man, Isiah's gonna have some fun over there handling all those egoes"

I approve.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
malik and frye for artest, i'll do it in a heartbeat, crawford for artest<<nope
i would trade Q for artest also

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I'd rather move Frye 4 Artest. If we trade Crawford, what shooters will that leave us with? Q (Injury Prone) Nate (Off the bench) we have no outside threat if we trade Crawford unless Isaiah plans on drafting dude outta Rice. At least we get 2 keep our draft pick. :thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks need Ron Artest Leadership on the court for their Bigmen. Especially when Isiah start using his brain and seperate the Curry/Frye tandem that dont work and use Frye only as Curry Backup.
The Speed & Hustling-play of Ron Artest, Balkman, Lee, Morris, and Frye in the frontcourt with a speedy Nate bringing down the ball or a direct lob pass from Collins will make this Knick Team a 500% Postseason team.

The Knicks still need a decent SG, cuz once Crawford start running the point one or two times down the floor he forget that his backcourt partner is the PG, whether it be PG-Marbury, PG-Francis, PG-Nate, or PG-Collins (Crawford forces himself to play the PG, inwhich his days as a Chicago Bull showed he can not run the point consistently because of his blind court awareness of his teammates. Crawford is not a good decision maker so his skillz as a PG is dead.). PG-Marbury slowness in forever walking the ball up the court is the reason why Crawford takes over the PG duties on his own during games. Meaning the Knicks need another SG (trade Francis for a decent SG).

Q.Richardson is not a SG, accept on a fastbreak and his back injury limits him of doing that well. When healthy Q.Rich is a decent 20 to 28 MPG SF.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
i would trade any of those players for artest. (frye, crawford, rose). Artest is a great defended who will fill our 3 spot and hold t for consecutive games without getting injured, he will be the best defensive player on this team.

Line Up if we trade crawford for artest which is likely

Marbury
Collins
Artest
Dlee
Curry
:alert::thumbsup:

Now that is a team

Scorers

Marbury and Curry - expect 20 from them

Rebounds

Lee, Artest

Assists

Marbury, Collins

Hustle

Collins

That is a very good team. I dont care about the Crawford loves. He shoots below 40%, i admit he does save games, but this team is too good to pass for

We should aso dump the extra crap we have (rose, jeffries, james) Keep Francis as backup point or shooting guard. We have BALKMAN, and Randolph. THIS IS THE TEAM

metrocard

Legend
NY would be a perfect fit for Artest. Isiah Thomas is a player's coach and has coached Artest before. Artest is closer to home and has nothing to lose in New York.

I can't see why Sacramento would want any part of Crawful though. They already have Martin.

NY Trades: Frye, Crawford, and Jeffries
Sac Trades: Artest, Abdur-Rahim, and Garcia

Marbury/Collins/Robinson
Richardson/Garcia
Artest/Balkman
Lee/Abdur-Rahim
Curry/James

Defensively, we improve immensely.
The same offensively. Losing Crawford would mean less asshead shots, and turnovers.

NY would be a perfect fit for Artest. Isiah Thomas is a player's coach and has coached Artest before. Artest is closer to home and has nothing to lose in New York.

I can't see why Sacramento would want any part of Crawful though. They already have Martin.

Marbury/Collins/Robinson
Richardson/Garcia
Artest/Balkman
Lee/Abdur-Rahim
Curry/James

The same offensively. Losing Crawford would mean less asshead shots, and turnovers.

Jefferies is a Knick for the rest of his contract ( see trade kicker in his contract) I don't think Sac is expecting equal player value for Artest. Artest is one of the 10 or so best players in the NBA, and no team is trading that type of skill level for Ron Ron. I've said it a few times on this Blog the trade that should get it done is Nate Malik and probably this years pick or protected pick next year for Ron

ShairanXIII

Rotation player

Marbury/Collins/Robinson
Richardson/Garcia
Artest/Balkman
Lee/Abdur-Rahim
Curry/James

But like you said, I don't think Sac wants Crawford (unless they plan to use him as a backup 1)... more likely would be Malik and Frye... in which case i'd still pull the trigger

metrocard

Legend
But like you said, I don't think Sac wants Crawford (unless they plan to use him as a backup 1)... more likely would be Malik and Frye... in which case i'd still pull the trigger

I agree, I would gladly give up Frye who obviously has no future in New York with Eddy Curry being here. We need defensive big men around Curry, and Frye doesn't fit that role.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I agree, I would gladly give up Frye who obviously has no future in New York with Eddy Curry being here. We need defensive big men around Curry, and Frye doesn't fit that role.
Tru. But i'd hate 2 see Frye go (23pts, 10.5rebs 1.5blks) and it'll happen when he's long gone :(

metrocard

Legend
Tru. But i'd hate 2 see Frye go (23pts, 10.5rebs 1.5blks) and it'll happen when he's long gone :(

I would feel very foolish if Frye blossomed else where. Hopefully Randolph Morris develops into something good, you could never have enough good big men, look at Utah with Milsap who's a beast, what a steal.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
It depends on which Artest we get. Do we get the guy that wants to win, or the guy in Sacremento who's shot selection was equal to that of Crawford. Trying to force things. I love Artest. Right now however, I feel he has more on his mind than basketball. If he could come to New York without all the drama, I'd say fine. However, I don't think that will be possible. Consider this, we'd be his 4th team in 8 yrs. Where does that leave Balkman and his development? Artest avg. 37 MPG. For all the Anti-Crawford sentiment, Crawford is a higher clutch performer according to 82games.com. He thrives in situations when the game is on the line. He's over 51% in those situations.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
crawford is not going anywhere, isiah wanted em since his rookie year and isiah is not going break up that connection wit him and curry

thisplus

Rookie
Agreed

It depends on which Artest we get. Do we get the guy that wants to win, or the guy in Sacremento who's shot selection was equal to that of Crawford. Trying to force things. I love Artest. Right now however, I feel he has more on his mind than basketball. If he could come to New York without all the drama, I'd say fine. However, I don't think that will be possible. Consider this, we'd be his 4th team in 8 yrs. Where does that leave Balkman and his development? Artest avg. 37 MPG. For all the Anti-Crawford sentiment, Crawford is a higher clutch performer according to 82games.com. He thrives in situations when the game is on the line. He's over 51% in those situations.

I agree completely. I say trade crawford and channing frye instead of nate robinson for Lewis instead. That would be such a great deal since Frye doesn't fit in well with the current knicks roster.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Y trade Frye 4 Lewis when there's a possiblity we can try and get Garnett, Artest and there's a slight chance we could get Kobe. We should just wait it out 4 a lil bit 2 see what we can do.

metrocard

Legend
Y trade Frye 4 Lewis when there's a possiblity we can try and get Garnett, Artest and there's a slight chance we could get Kobe. We should just wait it out 4 a lil bit 2 see what we can do.

Agreed, this where Isiah can make a huge mistake. We should try to obtain Artest or KG before anyone, if that fails, then pull the trigger on the Lewis deal.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Agreed, this where Isiah can make a huge mistake. We should try to obtain Artest or KG before anyone, if that fails, then pull the trigger on the Lewis deal.

Can't say that I like the Lewis option... He is just a bigger version of Q, who \can't play defense. He has the ability to beat his man off the dribble, but chooses to shoot the 3. We have that already in Craw... I would love Ray Allen if the knicks HAD to make a trade (I have come off my wishes a few weeks back of needing to have Ray here)... but if they are unable to get Artest Garnett or O'Neil, i'd would be content with them developing what they have. Frye had a good rookie season and not as good as a second season, but I do believe he could be used effectively a high low tandem with Curry, a pick and roll tandem with with our guards and as Jeff Van Gundy always would say, We can teach playing defense (see LJ b4 knicks and while with the knicks)... Its something that can be done.

But with all that being said, I'd trade him in a second for Kevin Garnett :)