Artest to NY?

FameMos

Benchwarmer
What was President/Head-Coach Isiah Thomas thinking or drinking when he added Jared Jefferies to this Knick Starting Rotation for 30 MPG of playingtime when his special project player (Curry) was finally comming into his game by having (9) consecutive "Double-Double" games, untill Jared Jefferies was added to the lineup???

He was tryna justify those contracts he gave 2 both Jerome James (reason y Cato didn't get playing time) and Jared Jefferies.

metrocard

Legend
I want to preface this by stating understanding the words that are written/spoken is crucial to any debate... I stated previously that those other Centers will NOT be judged better than Curry. That's not to say Curry will be better than them or vice versa. But whatever, Ya wanna dance... lets Dance

Firstly, Duncan and Boozer are PF's and I will try not to address them. Secondly, besides maybe Q balkman and Mardy, the entire knicks team appeared disinterested on the defensive end. I really don't believe that the coaches made it a focus, and the entire team took that to heart.As I said, the defense can be taught. Curry has proved that he is willing to make himself better. Also, the "good defender" title can be deceptive in itself. With the exception of Yao, almost all other elite big men who had to guard to EC came up short or were either a wash.

In regards to the turnovers, this is the only season that Curry has averaged over 3 TO's per game, I will argue that the constant double teaming, which he was not used to previously in his career, added to this amount. In addition to that, if you check, ALL big men(PF and Centers) who handled the ball on a regular basis were prone to over 2 or 3 TO's a game. It's not something that strictly is plaguing Curry and no one else, so lets not fool people into thinking that is the case. This off season he will work on handling the double and triple teams, and the Knicks coaching staff should work on plays to make teams pay for double and triple teaming Curry. If after next season there is no improvement I will be the first to say yes there is a problem there, but come on, dont act as if the guy is getting the ball and dribbling it off his foot (no pun intended Vince) with no one guarding him. Please provide all the information

In regards to Dwight Howard, I want to point to my previous statement where I said, when going head to head, the story stats speak for themselves. Look, when you don't have any other person on your team who can grab a rebound then you had better average over 10.The fact is with the exception of Chicago Denver and the Hornets, all of the other rebound leaders do not have anyone else on their teams who rebound (hence their teams are not any of the beter rebounding teams in the league. The knicks are the 5th leading rebound team in the nba, Curry not rebounding 10+ a game is not what's hurting the knicks. With that being said, please note that I do not believe that 7 rebounds is acceptable for curry, but he is in the top 30 in rebounds and with just 1.5 more rebounds a game, he is in the top 15. So lets not act as if Curry becoming a top rebounder is so totally out of the question.

The fact is Curry has never learned the nuances of the game, that is HIS fault, and that is the fault of his COACHES in the past. He had raw talent and utilized it and never worked on it. I have said this a few times and I will say it again... Defense can be taught. Once a defensive mind set is instilled in the team, the team will adapt, you can tell the main focus the coaches had last year with Curry was improving his offensive game and he has improved it to the tune of the most points in the paint last year.

Duncan and Boozer are superior to Curry in the post, period.

Have you watched the Knicks at all? Balkman and Marbury are excellent defenders.

You said Curry has proved he's willing to make himself better on defense, but how so? He looks disinterested in defense most of the time he's out there. I believe Curry can become an average defender someday, but theres nothing to back that up at tihs point. Lets hope the big guy comes with something new in 07-08.

As for turnovers, I'm gonna list the guys who are top ten in turnovers at the center position in ESPN.com. Lets compare and find out if Curry is more productive than them. Curry is the worst in the NBA at his position in turnovers per 40 minutes, and 2nd in turnovers per game. I want you to keep in mind, Curry has the worst turnover to assist ratio than any other starting center who gets starter minutes, the WORST. Curry is a blackhole on offense, and this is what makes his game too one dementional. He tries to do everything by himself. This is why he'll never become an elite big men. When Tim Duncan has the ball, his passes result in a high a pecentage play, and he always has guys in MOTION, ball movement. When Curry has the ball, the motion and ball movement dies. Offensively, Curry has a long way to go. Defensively, its even worse.

Most of these guys play C or FC.

Dwight Howard - 3.9 17.6 ppg on 60% FG 12.6 rebs 1.9 blks
Eddy Curry - 3.6 19.5 ppg on 61% 7 rebs .4 blks
Yao Ming - 3.5 25 ppg 9.4 rebs 51% FG 2 blks
Jermaine O'Neal - 2.9 19.4 ppg 9.7 rebs 43% 2.6 blks
Amare Stoudimire - 2.8 20 ppg 9.6 rebs 56% FG 1.3 blks
Tim Duncan - 2.7 20 ppg 10 rebs 54% FG 2.3 blks
Pau Gasol - 2.7 21 ppg 9.9 rebs 54% FG 2.1 blks
Carlos Boozer - 2.6 21 ppg 11.7 rebs 56% FG .2 blks
Chris Bosh - 2.5 22 ppg 10 rebs 49% FG 1.3 blks
Elton Brand - 2.5 20 ppg 9.3 rebs 53% FG 2.2 blks

Rebounding, Curry is 36th out of 43 centers in rebounds per 40 minutes. Blocks per 40? Curry is one of the top 5 worst at blocks. Man to man defense? We don't even need stats for that, we've seen how astrocious Curry can be defensively. You act like Curry is the only guy in the NBA who's going to improve his rebounding, while everyone else is gonna take a backseat and watch Curry slowly improve. PLEASE, there are other big men who are going to improve immensely such as Dwight Howard who has potential to average 15 rebs a game. If Bosh develops more upper body strength don't be suprised either. Oden, Noah, Horford, Wright are coming into the NBA...lol you pretend as if the NBA is going to reply this season over and over till Curry is top 10 in rebounding. Don't be so silly.

Are you gonna sit here and tell me you would choose Curry over any of those guys? I gave you your information and it was too much for you. This proves right here Curry is the least productive primary option compare to other C's and FC's. And don't make an agruement that these guys aren't "pure centers". They're combo big men who can play the 4/5, they're versitle, which is where Curry needs to improve on, his verstility. Curry stats are inflated by Isiah overplaying him. It is his first year being a consistant scorer, but for those guys, they've been doing it for years now and are proven all around. Curry to me isn't a top 10 big men at all and is a very tradable asset.

If Curry never has never learned the "nuances" of the game, then why would Isiah put the whole Franchise on Curry's back? Aren't you making a point for Isiah being a complete ignorant slut and a god damn fool as a GM? If you are, then well said.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The Frye & Curry thing did not work out because of POOR-POOR Coaching on Isiah Thomas part. You dont take a Rookie who was shinning in his rookie season in the paint getting rebounds, points, and blockshots, out of the paint for a sub-star Curry who is one dimensional in the paint. You build on Frye talent in the paint area on bothsides of the court. If Frye get traded that is what the next Coach will build around Frye for future improvement each season.

Huhh? Frye is no Curry. Just like Curry is no Shaq. Even with this failed season Curry did more than Frye did the previous year. The players don't get to decide the system. They adjust to it. Frye couldn't adjust last year so we went to D.Lee which wasn't a bad choice.

The Knicks POOR perfomance this season was all on Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" coaching style for contract players Marbury, Francis, Q.Rich, Jefferies, and Curry, getting big minutes of playingtime (without a system that coincide with each of their talents)...

This is a good topic of discussion. From where I can see is this system is designed to be a run and gun squad. Thomas brought in all of the players you mentioned specifically for this style. The only one that I think was a poor acquisition is Steve Francis. We're not going to agree on this but it is factual that Larry Brown wanted Francis here and Marbury gone. I don't think it's fair to say that is Thomas' fault with out mentioning that Brown insisted on Francis being here. That aside, Curry, Richardson, Crawford and every one on your list except Jeffries are all scores and all fit into this system. They are perfect for this system and all of them have said they love the system. Jeffries was brought in for defense and to add balance. So far he's been a wash but I'm not going to give up on him like every one else seems to have given up on Frye.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Duncan and Boozer are superior to Curry in the post, period.

Have you watched the Knicks at all? Balkman and Marbury are excellent defenders.

You said Curry has proved he's willing to make himself better on defense, but how so? He looks disinterested in defense most of the time he's out there. I believe Curry can become an average defender someday, but theres nothing to back that up at tihs point. Lets hope the big guy comes with something new in 07-08.

As for turnovers, I'm gonna list the guys who are top ten in turnovers at the center position in ESPN.com. Lets compare and find out if Curry is more productive than them. Curry is the worst in the NBA at his position in turnovers per 40 minutes, and 2nd in turnovers per game. I want you to keep in mind, Curry has the worst turnover to assist ratio than any other starting center who gets starter minutes, the WORST. Curry is a blackhole on offense, and this is what makes his game too one dementional. He tries to do everything by himself. This is why he'll never become an elite big men. When Tim Duncan has the ball, his passes result in a high a pecentage play, and he always has guys in MOTION, ball movement. When Curry has the ball, the motion and ball movement dies. Offensively, Curry has a long way to go. Defensively, its even worse.

Most of these guys play C or FC.

Dwight Howard - 3.9 17.6 ppg on 60% FG 12.6 rebs 1.9 blks
Eddy Curry - 3.6 19.5 ppg on 61% 7 rebs .4 blks
Yao Ming - 3.5 25 ppg 9.4 rebs 51% FG 2 blks
Jermaine O'Neal - 2.9 19.4 ppg 9.7 rebs 43% 2.6 blks
Amare Stoudimire - 2.8 20 ppg 9.6 rebs 56% FG 1.3 blks
Tim Duncan - 2.7 20 ppg 10 rebs 54% FG 2.3 blks
Pau Gasol - 2.7 21 ppg 9.9 rebs 54% FG 2.1 blks
Carlos Boozer - 2.6 21 ppg 11.7 rebs 56% FG .2 blks
Chris Bosh - 2.5 22 ppg 10 rebs 49% FG 1.3 blks
Elton Brand - 2.5 20 ppg 9.3 rebs 53% FG 2.2 blks

Rebounding, Curry is 36th out of 43 centers in rebounds per 40 minutes. Blocks per 40? Curry is one of the top 5 worst at blocks. Man to man defense? We don't even need stats for that, we've seen how astrocious Curry can be defensively. You act like Curry is the only guy in the NBA who's going to improve his rebounding, while everyone else is gonna take a backseat and watch Curry slowly improve. PLEASE, there are other big men who are going to improve immensely such as Dwight Howard who has potential to average 15 rebs a game. If Bosh develops more upper body strength don't be suprised either. Oden, Noah, Horford, Wright are coming into the NBA...lol you pretend as if the NBA is going to reply this season over and over till Curry is top 10 in rebounding. Don't be so silly.

Are you gonna sit here and tell me you would choose Curry over any of those guys? I gave you your information and it was too much for you. This proves right here Curry is the least productive primary option compare to other C's and FC's. And don't make an agruement that these guys aren't "pure centers". They're combo big men who can play the 4/5, they're versitle, which is where Curry needs to improve on, his verstility. Curry stats are inflated by Isiah overplaying him. It is his first year being a consistant scorer, but for those guys, they've been doing it for years now and are proven all around. Curry to me isn't a top 10 big men at all and is a very tradable asset.

If Curry never has never learned the "nuances" of the game, then why would Isiah put the whole Franchise on Curry's back? Aren't you making a point for Isiah being a complete ignorant slut and a god damn fool as a GM? If you are, then well said.

I am going to keep this one short because you have your opinion and aren't going to change it based on anything that i could say. So i will just point out a couple of things and be done with it. The fact is Curry scored the most points in the paint this year period. More than duncan more than boozer more than anyone. You say overuse by Zeke, ok so be it,When Shaq was scoring all those points in the paint, I'm sure that was because of overuse by Jackson not because he was great post player (NO I AM NOT COMPARING EC TO SHAQ, I'm making a POINT)
You said "When Tim Duncan has the ball,... he always has guys in MOTION, ball movement" Umm, sorry Duncan doesn't do that, the coach does that. THe coach calls the plays, Not Duncan. IF the there isn't movement from the knicks when Curry gets the ball, it's not Curry's fault because Curry doesn't call the plays now does he??

And if you want to quote me, quote me correctly, I said "Curry has proved that he is willing to make himself better" If youdon't see that, then there is no reason to continue debating you on this fact.

Now have you watched the knicks at all? I mean seriously! They are the second worst perimeter defense team in the league behind the trailblazers. they were 7th worst in total field goal percentage on defense.

We have Curry, we don't have any of those other players you mentioned, and I will trust that he will get better, and I know he will. I will stick to what I said that when everything is said and done, None of those players you mentioned will be said to be that much better than Curry. Point blank.

With a real perimeter player (Ray Allen or alike) in the midst, he will show his worth. THe TO's will come down next season and the rebounds will go up. He will continue to march towards his claim of being the best big man in the league.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree...Curry now has somebody on him to put pressure on him...to be there in his corner to say "hey...you are our franchise player...we're going to need you to man up and the beast that you are". He didn't have that in Chicago since skiles is a terrible big man coach. He has great coaches here who wants to work with him. Its put up or shut up time with Curry...he has to do what he has to do!

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
this whole curry debate is silly... just because there are better big men in the game than curry doesn't mean we should trade him away for shooting guards and center prospects... trading big for small is rarely a good idea (except for the divac/kobe trade)...

Duncan, Howard and Amare will always be better than Curry (IMO)... Yao is more deliberate and I think if Curry works with Ewing could be just as good...

speaking of Ewing... he played when Olajuwan, Robinson, Shaq, Mourning, Motumbo and Rik Smits were all stars or near allstars... he was never as agile as Hakeem... never as athletic as Robinson... never as Dominant as Shaq... wasn't as good a defender as Motumbo... BUT... he was our franchise... the ball was force fed to him... and he went to war for us...

I am NOT saying EC is ewing (games are too dissimilar)... but he has the potential to develop into something special... just because at 24 there are ONLY or 5 centers better than him in the league right now DOES NOT mean he is a tradeable commodity...

Think of it this way... if the bulls still had Curry... they would have beaten Detroit... now... they're scrambling to make plays for a post scorer... if it was as simple to find one as metro suggests... then Chi would have done it already... BUT it is difficult to find one that teams are gonna part with... and Al Jefferson has the luxury of nokt being the primary, secondary or tertiary option on offense... please stop saying he's more productive than Curry cuz he plays well on a sub par team...

metrocard

Legend
this whole curry debate is silly... just because there are better big men in the game than curry doesn't mean we should trade him away for shooting guards and center prospects... trading big for small is rarely a good idea (except for the divac/kobe trade)...

Duncan, Howard and Amare will always be better than Curry (IMO)... Yao is more deliberate and I think if Curry works with Ewing could be just as good...

speaking of Ewing... he played when Olajuwan, Robinson, Shaq, Mourning, Motumbo and Rik Smits were all stars or near allstars... he was never as agile as Hakeem... never as athletic as Robinson... never as Dominant as Shaq... wasn't as good a defender as Motumbo... BUT... he was our franchise... the ball was force fed to him... and he went to war for us...

I am NOT saying EC is ewing (games are too dissimilar)... but he has the potential to develop into something special... just because at 24 there are ONLY or 5 centers better than him in the league right now DOES NOT mean he is a tradeable commodity...

Think of it this way... if the bulls still had Curry... they would have beaten Detroit... now... they're scrambling to make plays for a post scorer... if it was as simple to find one as metro suggests... then Chi would have done it already... BUT it is difficult to find one that teams are gonna part with... and Al Jefferson has the luxury of nokt being the primary, secondary or tertiary option on offense... please stop saying he's more productive than Curry cuz he plays well on a sub par team...

Curry is good, but not enough to be a primary scorer and lead a team. Curry should be benched when he doesn't play defense or let go of easy rebounds.

I honestly rather have the Bulls young talent and their flexibility over Curry, and I'm sure most people would. Bulls played alright, they still got a future of winning ahead of them. Clevand and Chicago are running the East now, Detroit is aging and falling. The Bulls are a better team without Curry proven by their record.

I never said we should replace Curry with one of these guys. I'm just comparing where Curry ranks among C's and FC's, and its obviously not top 10. So when people say he's amongst one of the best at his position, they're wrong. When they say he's the best in the paint, its irrevelant, cause he does nothing else for this team. Why would anyone back that up anyway, unless their a Curry fan and not a Knick fan. Curry needs to improve in every aspect if Isiah is going to let Curry carry this team.

lilman_bklyn, thats great that Curry scored the most points in the paint in the NBA this season. He doesn't dominate the paint like Duncan. Duncan rebounds, blocks, passes out of the paint, he creates ball movement. I don't want to compare Curry to Duncan, because Curry isn't half as talented or good as TD.

Our defense has potential little man, have some faith. We just need a COACH who emphasizes defense and Isiah isn't that guy.

:teeth: The coach calls the plays, but Tim Duncan executes them. You're telling me the Spurs offense would look as or more productive with Curry in the line up? I would like to here what you have to say about that, especially if I'm hizzy

You're assuming too much, and when you're assumptions die out, you'll never look back at your word again. I like Curry, but not as much you. I don't think Curry is ready to fill the role Isiah expects him to fill.

So we don't have any real perimeter plays on this team...so would you say you're upset with Isiah's transaction that made guys like Crawford and Francis our perimeter players?

Question to all, if Curry is so great, why so many excuses and "ifs" for him? "He needs the right Coach, it'll take time, he will be dominant if he had this x player or that y player." He's not ready to be the franchise guy, he'll be a good 2nd option.

Anyway, I hope Isiah drops our crap for Artest to SAC...we really need his presence in NY.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Curry is good, but not enough to be a primary scorer and lead a team. Curry should be benched when he doesn't play defense or let go of easy rebounds.

I honestly rather have the Bulls young talent and their flexibility over Curry, and I'm sure most people would. Bulls played alright, they still got a future of winning ahead of them. Clevand and Chicago are running the East now, Detroit is aging and falling. The Bulls are a better team without Curry proven by their record.

I never said we should replace Curry with one of these guys. I'm just comparing where Curry ranks among C's and FC's, and its obviously not top 10. So when people say he's amongst one of the best at his position, they're wrong. When they say he's the best in the paint, its irrevelant, cause he does nothing else for this team. Why would anyone back that up anyway, unless their a Curry fan and not a Knick fan. Curry needs to improve in every aspect if Isiah is going to let Curry carry this team.

lilman_bklyn, thats great that Curry scored the most points in the paint in the NBA this season. He doesn't dominate the paint like Duncan. Duncan rebounds, blocks, passes out of the paint, he creates ball movement. I don't want to compare Curry to Duncan, because Curry isn't half as talented or good as TD.

Our defense has potential little man, have some faith. We just need a COACH who emphasizes defense and Isiah isn't that guy.

:teeth: The coach calls the plays, but Tim Duncan executes them. You're telling me the Spurs offense would look as or more productive with Curry in the line up? I would like to here what you have to say about that, especially if I'm hizzy

You're assuming too much, and when you're assumptions die out, you'll never look back at your word again. I like Curry, but not as much you. I don't think Curry is ready to fill the role Isiah expects him to fill.

So we don't have any real perimeter plays on this team...so would you say you're upset with Isiah's transaction that made guys like Crawford and Francis our perimeter players?

Question to all, if Curry is so great, why so many excuses and "ifs" for him? "He needs the right Coach, it'll take time, he will be dominant if he had this x player or that y player." He's not ready to be the franchise guy, he'll be a good 2nd option.

Anyway, I hope Isiah drops our crap for Artest to SAC...we really need his presence in NY.

The Bulls spent all their flexibility signing Ben Wallace and getting rid of Tyson Chandler... they now face the quandry of trying to re-sign Hinrich and Nocioni this offseason... Ben Gordon, Deng... AND i don't think there are too many teams that would want to be stuck with an aging Ben Wallace for 3 seasons eating up $16 mil a year... I'd rather be where we are... looking at getting under the cap in 2 seasons...

obviously... he would be a second or third option on the bulls... but they still would have won if they kept him and chandler instead of having wallace and brown down low...

the top ten Cs:

Duncan
Amare
Yao
Howard
Curry
Okur
Ilgauskus
Maglore
Kristic
Bogat

the way i see it... Curry's top 5 at his position...

look man... remember Curry went through Lon Krugger, Tim Floyd, Scott Skiles and LB before coming to IT... this may seem like no big deal to you... but an 18 yr old... with enough raw talent to be drafted #3 overall (and to trade elton brand away)... he was never pushed hard enough to improve his footwork, rebounding or defense by any of those coaches... Skiles and LB are particilarly harsh on younger players...

Just look at his improvements this season under IT... i'm excluding statistical improvements because those are not fair... he's become more assertive on offense (he routinely used to take plays off in Chi and last season)... hard to believe, but he hustles more... he's getting into position for and battling for rebounds (not consistently, but certainly more than last season)... listen to him talk this year... we were so close... this is my fault... he takes responsibilities for the team's success and failures... i think we're witnessing the birth of our franchise player... AND... i was as big a Curry critic as you are last season and at the start of this one... but even you have to admit the man has made strides as a player...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Curry wasn't on that list two years ago...you have to be a hater or just dumb to not realize the hard work Curry has done to get to where he's at...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

LOL, So you want me to have faith when it comes to the Knicks defense, which showed hardly any improvement at all (especially on the perimeter which I am sure everyone can attest to), but when it comes to EC who showed worlds of improvement(which i'm sure everyone except for yourself can attest to), you have no faith on him getting better... and I am assuming to much when I say he will get better... LOL, Am I getting this right?

I already discussed the fact that this is Curry's first year getting doubled team and being the primary focus of the offense. So of course right now Curry wouldn't be as skilled as Duncan when it comes to passing out of double teams and such. But for you to just assume that Curry wouldn't improve that facet of his game, has no merit and basis. You are acting as if you didn't see the transformation of Curry this year that ShairanXIII mentioned.

I think I see what the issue is... You were a huge Mike Sweetney fan, and you felt like crap after the Knicks dealt him and now you are taking it out on Curry... OK that is understandable

FameMos

Benchwarmer
If this is all we're gonna get out of Curry we might as well had kept Sweetney. If we had kept Sweetney and not make that trade then we might've had a chance @ 1 of those lottery picks like a Aldridge or Tyrus Thomas. And I agree wit Metro. When Curry isn't playing D or hustling then he needs 2 ride the pine....Zeke just refuses 2 bench him. If Zeke would let Curry know, 'if u don't play hard on both ends of the court, u will see less playing time' and that's why I don't see Curry improving (at least under Isaiah). BTW, that's 1 of Isaiah's biggest prob's, he settles wit his team playing avg instead of demanding them 2 play 2 their fullest potential.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
But the point is that Curry is better than Sweetney, Tyrus, and Aldridge. And most people think it'll always be that way. Somebody said it earlier, if the bulls kept Curry they would have beaten Detroit...so what does that say about Curry? Yes his defense is horrible but give the kid time...you expect too much from him...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think this whole subject of Eddie Curry comes down to productivity, potential and progress. I don't think Curry is great. I think he has the potential to be great. None of our players are great but many have the potential to to be great. All of us can see that Curry needs to work on defense and ball handling to avoid turnovers. There is no question that there are players better than Curry but if you could trade Curry who would you trade him for? Most experts agree that Eddie Curry has the potential of being the best low post threat in the league. Big men are hard to find while shooters are a dime a dozen. Unless we can get Dwight Howard Curry is a keeper.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
How did we get to discussing trading Curry? Wasn't this supposed to be about how Artest should or should not come to NY? Besides, regardless of whether or not you like Curry, he is untouchable and is not going anywhere. That's evidenced by the fact that Isiah recently said he would not trade Curry for Kobe, arguably the best player in the NBA today.

Anyway, I think Artest would help immensely. The Knicks have poor perimeter and froncourt defense. I think Artest would help disguise Curry's poor defense, as would a shot-blocking power forward. Since Sac desperately wants to get rid of Artest, maybe we could get him for very little (maybe Francis, since I expect Bibby to leave as well). Add a shot-blocking PF to the mix and who cares how bad Curry is defensively?!? There is no arguing that he is a good low-post scorer, which is what many teams in the league desperately covet.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
If this is all we're gonna get out of Curry we might as well had kept Sweetney. If we had kept Sweetney and not make that trade then we might've had a chance @ 1 of those lottery picks like a Aldridge or Tyrus Thomas. And I agree wit Metro. When Curry isn't playing D or hustling then he needs 2 ride the pine....Zeke just refuses 2 bench him. If Zeke would let Curry know, 'if u don't play hard on both ends of the court, u will see less playing time' and that's why I don't see Curry improving (at least under Isaiah). BTW, that's 1 of Isaiah's biggest prob's, he settles wit his team playing avg instead of demanding them 2 play 2 their fullest potential.

true indeed... sometimes it felt like IT was happy just looking competitive... but i think he wanted to be more supportive of his guys than IT...

metrocard

Legend
The Bulls spent all their flexibility signing Ben Wallace and getting rid of Tyson Chandler... they now face the quandry of trying to re-sign Hinrich and Nocioni this offseason... Ben Gordon, Deng... AND i don't think there are too many teams that would want to be stuck with an aging Ben Wallace for 3 seasons eating up $16 mil a year... I'd rather be where we are... looking at getting under the cap in 2 seasons...

I guess you like a losing franchise, thats you. I rather have my favorite team in the whole world have flexibility, tradable valuable assets, and a top 3 team in the East. Not be in cap-hell till 2009(who said Isiah is trying to get under the cap? He'll probably trade all the expiring contracts again), a franchise player that doesn't play defense, rebound is turnover prone, one dementional offensively and isn't even a top 10-15 big man in the NBA, and one of the worst front offices in NBA history between J Dolan and I Thomas...most people would agree with me here. I love the Knicks, but I'm sick of the bullshit. I'm not gonna be here like some looney fuck faking some positivity that is mostly bs. I want my team to head the right direction, and Isiah, Dolan, Curry and others haven't helped that cause. When Curry comes back this season with some URGENCY and agressiveNESS on the boards, defense position, PASSING...then I'll go back to my word and say I was wrong. I will say that I was wrong about the direction we were heading.

You say Isiah has done a good job...but then you contradict yourself. Isiah brought in a guy (I'll quote you since you contradict yourself to the max) "who was as never pushed hard enough to improve his footwork, rebounding or defense by any of those coaches" to be the franchise player of this team? LOL...you just owned Isiah's life with that one, I don't even need to mention all the other terrible things Isiah has done for this Franchise, thanks.

Curry hasn't really, his minutes increased, so has his stats. He's been forced fed minutes that doesn't deserve. When you don't rebound or play defense, why should you get minutes? Curry is turnover prone, he gives more negatives than positive to this team. Isiaih has an agenda and a huge ego, where he feels he needs to prove his deal was the right deal. We're gonna spend the next 10 years giving Curry 48 minutes a game and wining 30 games a season, would you prefer that? Most Knick fans won't. Btw, Curry is the worst defensively and rebounding wise at his position. I don't care where he's ranked top 5 top 10, I just want the guy to become a different player this season.

I rather have a 15 ppg 8 rebs 1blk 2 turnovers 2 assist a game Curry
Than the 06-07 Curry.

LOL, So you want me to have faith when it comes to the Knicks defense, which showed hardly any improvement at all (especially on the perimeter which I am sure everyone can attest to), but when it comes to EC who showed worlds of improvement(which i'm sure everyone except for yourself can attest to), you have no faith on him getting better... and I am assuming to much when I say he will get better... LOL, Am I getting this right?

I already discussed the fact that this is Curry's first year getting doubled team and being the primary focus of the offense. So of course right now Curry wouldn't be as skilled as Duncan when it comes to passing out of double teams and such. But for you to just assume that Curry wouldn't improve that facet of his game, has no merit and basis. You are acting as if you didn't see the transformation of Curry this year that ShairanXIII mentioned.

I think I see what the issue is... You were a huge Mike Sweetney fan, and you felt like crap after the Knicks dealt him and now you are taking it out on Curry... OK that is understandable

Knicks had their momments defensively. If you haven't watch the Knicks, then don't bother talking to me about it. Balkman, Collins, Q-Rich, Marbury all had an excellent defensive year.

I really don't have any faith in Curry getting better defensively, why should I? He hasn't shown any signs, for 99% of the season to be a good defender, passer or rebounder. Cause he's wearing a Knicks jersey? Thats like me saying I should have faith in Jerome James to have a career prime year this season or Crawford shooting 45% in 07-08. I hope it happends, but I'm not that brainwashed by Isiah's bullshit to be totally faithful about it. The bullshit needs to stop.

There was no transformation. Curry is the same player with increase numbers. In November, Curry was averaging 15 ppg. Guess how many minutes? 30. It increased to 6-7 minutes, and he starteding averaging 20 a game. Curry can score, but his productive is the same. I understand Curry is gifted in scoring in the paint, but the most important thing to me is whats best for my team. Curry's lack of other aspects in basketball kept us from the playoffs this season. We were a solid team, but we were depending on the wrong guy.

Stop assuming things now cause you have nothing worth reading to say. I don't see a reasonable logical explaination on how Curry can be a sucessful franchise player of the Knicks. If I did, and most people did, this wouldn't even be a debate, I would agree with your crazy ass, feel me?

Exactly, and thats something Kiyaman and I have been stressing all season long. Isiah needs to stop force feeding minutes to players who don't deserve them. Why be so medicore? We're a talented team,

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Dag all I would have to say is hater LOL. I've heard of people not liking IT but I'm starting to think that the kid would rather see IT fail then him winning us a championship....I guess we all have different opinions and hardcore about our team...I guess...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I guess you like a losing franchise, thats you. I rather have my favorite team in the whole world have flexibility, tradable valuable assets, and a top 3 team in the East. Not be in cap-hell till 2009(who said Isiah is trying to get under the cap? He'll probably trade all the expiring contracts again), a franchise player that doesn't play defense, rebound is turnover prone, one dementional offensively and isn't even a top 10-15 big man in the NBA, and one of the worst front offices in NBA history between J Dolan and I Thomas...most people would agree with me here. I love the Knicks, but I'm sick of the bullshit. I'm not gonna be here like some looney fuck faking some positivity that is mostly bs. I want my team to head the right direction, and Isiah, Dolan, Curry and others haven't helped that cause. When Curry comes back this season with some URGENCY and agressiveNESS on the boards, defense position, PASSING...then I'll go back to my word and say I was wrong. I will say that I was wrong about the direction we were heading.

You say Isiah has done a good job...but then you contradict yourself. Isiah brought in a guy (I'll quote you since you contradict yourself to the max) "who was as never pushed hard enough to improve his footwork, rebounding or defense by any of those coaches" to be the franchise player of this team? LOL...<b>you just owned Isiah's life with that one, I don't even need to mention all the other terrible things Isiah has done for this Franchise, thanks.</b>

Curry hasn't really, his minutes increased, so has his stats. He's been forced fed minutes that doesn't deserve. When you don't rebound or play defense, why should you get minutes? Curry is turnover prone, he gives more negatives than positive to this team. Isiaih has an agenda and a huge ego, where he feels he needs to prove his deal was the right deal. <b>We're gonna spend the next 10 years giving Curry 48 minutes a game and wining 30 games a season, would you prefer that? Most Knick fans won't.</b> Btw, Curry is the worst defensively and rebounding wise at his position. I don't care where he's ranked top 5 top 10, I just want the guy to become a different player this season.

I rather have a 15 ppg 8 rebs 1blk 2 turnovers 2 assist a game Curry
Than the 06-07 Curry.

like i said before... i never said IT did a good job... matter of fact... i was boycotting the knicks this year until they fired dolan and IT... until the bobcat game... with that said... I DON'T like a loosing franchise... but your idea would be more detrimental than benificial... PERIOD... did IT make dumb moves? yep... all the early trades... signing JJ13 and JJ20... trading Ariza in the awful francis deal... adding to our cap figure by giving away expiring contracts for overpaid guys on the tail end of their careers... IT has done shitty things in the past... but we're stuck with him...

you were born in 1988... 15 years after the knicks won their last championship... you probably don't remember all the years of playoff collapses and almost wins... let's be serious here for a second... THE BASKETBALL MECCA HAS NOT CELEBRATED A TITLE IN 34 YEARS... and you want to blow up the team because your sick of losing NOW... since i can remember (late eighties right before you were born)... the knicks have traded bernard king, rod strickland, mark jackson, michael ray richards, anthony mason, drafted frederick weiss over ron artest, overpaid allan houston, traded patrick ewing for vin baker, fired ernie grunfield, hired scott layden... we are a city without a champion for more than 3 decades... let's worry about building a champion instead of a contender...

if IT trades away francis, marbury or malik rose and brings in guys with longer term contracts... i'll eat my words... join your side and wave FIRE ISIAH signs in the air... until then... your argument against our current path of action is ignorant at best and retarded at worst...

how does me saying that curry wasn't pushed contradict my statements... he has the potential to be great... he needs to work at it... franchise players aren't always born... sometimes they are developed... when jermaine o'neill was traded from portland to the pacers... people thought they were giving up too much for him (Dale Davis)... since he was too weak, not aggressive enough and didn't possess a mid range game... same thing they said about t-mac in orlando... they thought he wasn't ready to be a franchise player yet... BUT with the right coaching... they developed the skills they needed... curry played for 3 college coaches who were busy trying not to get fired... then he played for two of the worst young player coaches in the league LB and Scott Skiles... without stability... every young player suffers... IT is the first coach who believes in curry and he's making the most of it...

since you're about curry's age when he came into the league... lemme point this out to you... if you started a new career that you had some real natural talent for... then every year for your first 6 years... you had a different manager, with a different style... you're constantly adjusting the way you work to fit in with your new bosses... none really having confidence in your abilities... you wouldn't be as good as people expected you to be after 6 years on the job... now EC has a coach that supports him... and he's fittin' to come out a monster next year... if he reverts or doesn't produce next season... then i'll change my user name to metro was right...

and i never ever disagreed that curry has things to work on... but who would you really take over him at the five spot? who would you trade him for? would you trade him for cap room? then who do we sign? draft picks? it's ironic that after your tirade about curry not being top 10 at his position... you say that you don't care where he ranks... that was one of your arguments i was rebutting my dude... and i don't think there is anyone on this forum who wants to see us win 30 games a year for 10 years... besides... we both agree that we want to see curry improve... so again... i wonder what you're arguing... semantics? when you respond to this post... i really want you to post your solution for our dilemma... since you can't wait for 2 years (hey... you'll be able to buy liquor at games then)...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
you were born in 1988... 15 years after the knicks won their last championship... you probably don't remember all the years of playoff collapses and almost wins... let's be serious here for a second... THE BASKETBALL MECCA HAS NOT CELEBRATED A TITLE IN 34 YEARS... and you want to blow up the team because your sick of losing NOW... since i can remember (late eighties right before you were born)... the knicks have traded bernard king, rod strickland, mark jackson, michael ray richards, anthony mason, drafted frederick weiss over ron artest, overpaid allan houston, traded patrick ewing for vin baker, fired ernie grunfield, hired scott layden... we are a city without a champion for more than 3 decades... let's worry about building a champion instead of a contender...

Couldn't have said that any better

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Knicks had their momments defensively. If you haven't watch the Knicks, then don't bother talking to me about it. Balkman, Collins, Q-Rich, Marbury all had an excellent defensive year.

I really don't have any faith in Curry getting better defensively, why should I? He hasn't shown any signs, for 99% of the season to be a good defender, passer or rebounder. Cause he's wearing a Knicks jersey? Thats like me saying I should have faith in Jerome James to have a career prime year this season or Crawford shooting 45% in 07-08. I hope it happends, but I'm not that brainwashed by Isiah's bullshit to be totally faithful about it. The bullshit needs to stop.

There was no transformation. Curry is the same player with increase numbers. In November, Curry was averaging 15 ppg. Guess how many minutes? 30. It increased to 6-7 minutes, and he starteding averaging 20 a game. Curry can score, but his productive is the same. I understand Curry is gifted in scoring in the paint, but the most important thing to me is whats best for my team. Curry's lack of other aspects in basketball kept us from the playoffs this season. We were a solid team, but we were depending on the wrong guy.

Stop assuming things now cause you have nothing worth reading to say. I don't see a reasonable logical explaination on how Curry can be a sucessful franchise player of the Knicks. If I did, and most people did, this wouldn't even be a debate, I would agree with your crazy ass, feel me?

OK, do you not understand one of the WORST perimeter defense in the league? those four players had decent defensive seasons, but the point remains, they are all perimeter defenders and the knicks still had one of the WORST perimeter defense in the league. I wont continue to talk about your Hate for Curry. Im sure you were one of the hypocrites who bood ewing while he was here and cheered like crazy when his # was retired. Never know what you have until its gone, the Bulls know all about that.