ESPN: Jazz fans' actions could bring tighter security

rady

Administrator
Staff member
If there is a Game 6 of the Western Conference finals, security is likely to be tighter.

Angry Utah fans threw debris onto the court late in the San Antonio Spurs' 91-79 win Monday night in Game 4, and the shower continued after the buzzer -- even after repeated pleas over the public address system to not throw anything.

Both San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich and Utah coach Jerry Sloan were still unhappy Tuesday about the ugly scene.

"It's unfortunate because it's always a few people that create a poor impression. It didn't reflect well on Salt Lake City that's for sure," Popovich said in San Antonio, where the Spurs will try to wrap up the series Wednesday in Game 5. "But on balance, we all know that there are idiots in every town that can act like that and unfortunately we saw some of that."

There were no injuries, although San Antonio forward Bruce Bowen said he was a little alarmed to see a container of lip balm coming at him.

Sloan wasn't around to see the ending, but did hear several rounds of the repeated chants about the officiating. He was ejected with 2:34 left after getting his second technical foul, prompting even more anger by the home fans.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2886197&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

metrocard

Legend
This is why the NBA won't ever survive in Europe...NBA is becoming soft as hell. Personally, I think its exciting when fans get crazy.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I see where the league is coming from...let's say a heckler throws a water bottle on shaq and he snatches him down from his tunnel seat onto the ground and makes the kid do it in his pants...and then he sews shaq for 2 million for assault and a big whirlwind would go down on shaq...see where I'm goin...they're just protecting the players on the court