Artest or Lewis???

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Ur Knicks GM, who do u make a trade 4? Since we have a chance @ drafting the shooter outta Rice, I say we trade 4 Artest.

metrocard

Legend
I say Artest. Defense needs to become a priority. Lee will become a solid defender. Balkman, Richardson, Marbury and Collins are good defenders. Jefferies is an inconsistant defender, but thats not a bad core of defense right there. If we somehow obtain Tiago Splitter too(one of the best defensive bigs in the draft) and Artest, we'll win 45-50 games with defense only. I have faith in players like Collins and Balkman who will take it to a new level of defense we haven't seen since the 90's. And Artest embodies a 90's Knicks...he belongs in a Knicks uni.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Artest, Artest, Artest!!!

PG - Marbury
SG - Q. Rich (if healthy)
SF - Artest
PF - Lee
C - Curry

I like that starting lineup. A good mix of offense and defense.

To be honest I don't know enought about Lewis's game to really say I don't want him as a Knick, but I haven't heard too much about his D. Ron Artest is probably the best man to man defender in the NBA, and he's pretty good on the offensive end as well ( not just another Jefferies or even Ariza) I think Artest is just what the Knicks need, I think that he wants to be in NY, any other team would be foolish to take a shot at him considering he may not want to be with them. Can IT tame him is the question,I would love to think so, I'd like to think that he is tired of the bad guy rep. and is ready just to be an All Star. But it's worth the risk, let's give Sac this years pick Nate and Malik, or Craw and Malik.

metrocard

Legend
still need a shot bloker tho.

Shot blocking gets overrated sometimes...I rather have position defense and guys who force their opponents to take low percentage shots...this where I can see us excelling as a team...we have mad potential defensively.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Yeah but, we can't just have guys getting uncontested layups. We all know Curry's gonna be flat footed ere time sum 1 penetrates.

GetRealistic

Starter
Neither. I say we go after another Sonic. Ray Allen, i think the same package of Nate, and Crawford could land him.

Or what about Kobe, I know its far fetched but wouldn't Kobe look nice in the Orange and Blue?

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I could picture Kobe in a Knicks uniform. If Allen was 3 yrs younger i'd do it. But y do that when we could get Almond outta Rice.

I'm happy that other people think the same way as I do! Artest is our best option and Isiah should do everything to get this player and also keep as many players from our rosters! Because it won't make any sense if IT give up Crawford, and You'll never know what's inside his mind! But anyway Metrocard is right, having Artest with Lee, Balkman, Crawford, Marbury, Collins, Curry will surely make us strong defensively and taking some example of Detroit basketball we can win 45-50 games for sure! I like also the idea of getting back Jeff Van Gundy, because with all respect to Isiah, Gundy is a more experienced coach and preffers tough basketball based on defense! Defense is a clutch thing to achieve a success in NBA! You can score 110 points per game, but You still can have more losses than wins! I would love to write more, but I've got some problems at my college and I need to study a little bit! C Ya Knicks Fans.......

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I say Artest. Defense needs to become a priority. Lee will become a solid defender. Balkman, Richardson, Marbury and Collins are good defenders. Jefferies is an inconsistant defender, but thats not a bad core of defense right there. If we somehow obtain Tiago Splitter too(one of the best defensive bigs in the draft) and Artest, we'll win 45-50 games with defense only. I have faith in players like Collins and Balkman who will take it to a new level of defense we haven't seen since the 90's. And Artest embodies a 90's Knicks...he belongs in a Knicks uni.

i was gonna say artest until you pointed out our defensive rotation already... i think a SF rotation of balkman, q-rich, jeffries and lewis would be adequate defensively... i think balkman and collins could mature into effective defenders maybe equaling what artest would bring to the table... lewis would be a consistent second option on offense... and that's what we'd need to ultimately win since we have a core of good young defenders...

BUT... i would be happy if we got neither... since adding either lewis or artest would add salary beyond 08 - 09... our projected year to be under the salary cap... the same year Kobe becomes a free agent (and i think Lebron and DWade although I might be wrong on those two)... i think our present team can get to the playoffs for two years... then let's make a move for the final piece once we've gotten to the dance a few times... no need to start blowing up the team for a chance to win a few more regular season games...

Toons

is the Bo$$
Depends on who is cheaper....if i was GM, i would get RL, but artest is a funny kind of player, ARTEST would heavily be on my mind also. Defense can be tought over time with conditioning. Look at the top 5 shotblocking teams
detroit
clippers
Atlanta
Indiana
chicago
3 out of 5 of them didnt make the playoffs

top 10 in steals
Golden state
denver
sacramento
charlotte
washington
seattle
cleveland
atlanta
indiana

3 out of 10 made the playoffs

is defense overrated? do we need to improve out defense that much? or teach and develop our players to be smarter on offense. We LEAD THE LEAGUE IN TURNOVERS WITH ALMOST 18 PER GAME. that is what is killing us....Rashard scores more than artest, shoots a higher percentage, blocks more shots, rebounds better...artest steals one more ball than rashard, but turns the ball over one more time than rashard on average, so that equals out. Shard has a way better free throw percentage....i really think u guys underrate lewis a bit too much....even tho seattle was shitty this year, ridnour was injured most of it, then he fell off horribly, ray allen was injured, he has the leadership ability to carry a team. come on guy, youtube his highlights, find out about him, look at his numbers...also look at his development....If we can keep craw, an get rashard, the knicks are playoff bound for sure

metrocard

Legend
i was gonna say artest until you pointed out our defensive rotation already... i think a SF rotation of balkman, q-rich, jeffries and lewis would be adequate defensively... i think balkman and collins could mature into effective defenders maybe equaling what artest would bring to the table... lewis would be a consistent second option on offense... and that's what we'd need to ultimately win since we have a core of good young defenders...

BUT... i would be happy if we got neither... since adding either lewis or artest would add salary beyond 08 - 09... our projected year to be under the salary cap... the same year Kobe becomes a free agent (and i think Lebron and DWade although I might be wrong on those two)... i think our present team can get to the playoffs for two years... then let's make a move for the final piece once we've gotten to the dance a few times... no need to start blowing up the team for a chance to win a few more regular season games...

Jefferies is average on defense and terrible on offense.

Richardson is a SG.

Balkman is best suited playing an Anderson Varejao role, he doesn't have a jumpshot, so he's not ready to be a starter yet, but he will be in the future.

Depends on who is cheaper....if i was GM, i would get RL, but artest is a funny kind of player, ARTEST would heavily be on my mind also. Defense can be tought over time with conditioning. Look at the top 5 shotblocking teams
detroit
clippers
Atlanta
Indiana
chicago
3 out of 5 of them didnt make the playoffs

top 10 in steals
Golden state
denver
sacramento
charlotte
washington
seattle
cleveland
atlanta
indiana

3 out of 10 made the playoffs

is defense overrated? do we need to improve out defense that much? or teach and develop our players to be smarter on offense. We LEAD THE LEAGUE IN TURNOVERS WITH ALMOST 18 PER GAME. that is what is killing us....Rashard scores more than artest, shoots a higher percentage, blocks more shots, rebounds better...artest steals one more ball than rashard, but turns the ball over one more time than rashard on average, so that equals out. Shard has a way better free throw percentage....i really think u guys underrate lewis a bit too much....even tho seattle was shitty this year, ridnour was injured most of it, then he fell off horribly, ray allen was injured, he has the leadership ability to carry a team. come on guy, youtube his highlights, find out about him, look at his numbers...also look at his development....If we can keep craw, an get rashard, the knicks are playoff bound for sure
Unfortunately I will not agree with TOONS! You must consider one thing, that's stats are not everything You have to look at! There are lot of players, that have good stats but these are only numbers in the columns! And I just want to say that people like Artest are making lot of dirty work, which You won't see at his stats! You don't need to have 3 steals and 2 blocks per game to prove that You are a good defensive player! Ron can play defense one on one excellent and tell me if Shard can stop players on his position to score minimum points, like Artest did this season with Kobe, Tracy, Vince & others! Remember stats never show the value of a player!!!!!!

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Jefferies is average on defense and terrible on offense.

Richardson is a SG.

Balkman is best suited playing an Anderson Varejao role, he doesn't have a jumpshot, so he's not ready to be a starter yet, but he will be in the future.

i wasn't talking about jeffries' offense... AND remember i said the rotation would be adequate.

richardson WAS a SG... his back injuries might have slowed him down too much by now though... remember LJ used to be an agile SF before his back problems slowed him down too much... if q's back heals then he's a 2 again... if not he's a 3 for life...

richard jefferson, josh smith, gerald wallace, josh howard, shawn marion... all starting SFs who didn't have jumpshots early in their careers... balkman could start at three with a decent handle and more offensive awareness...

the main point of my post was that whether or not we get artest, lewis, gerald wallace or any upgrades to our SF position... we have a nice defensive rotation as presently assembled...

metrocard

Legend
i wasn't talking about jeffries' offense... AND remember i said the rotation would be adequate.

richardson WAS a SG... his back injuries might have slowed him down too much by now though... remember LJ used to be an agile SF before his back problems slowed him down too much... if q's back heals then he's a 2 again... if not he's a 3 for life...

richard jefferson, josh smith, gerald wallace, josh howard, shawn marion... all starting SFs who didn't have jumpshots early in their careers... balkman could start at three with a decent handle and more offensive awareness...

the main point of my post was that whether or not we get artest, lewis, gerald wallace or any upgrades to our SF position... we have a nice defensive rotation as presently assembled...

Jefferies is garbage, why are we even speaking of him?

Richardson is a SG, might have? Lets not assume things again. Richardson gets healthy, he's back to a 15 ppg 7 rebs 3pt bomb. I like Q-Rich, at times he looked like the best players on the Knicks, giving you the boards, defense, good offense, consistantly. Just stay healthy Q-Rich.

I'll repeat myself again since you didn't understand. Balkman is the future 3 of this team, but not right now. He's best suited for the pace changing role like Anderson Varejao, comprende?

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Jefferies is garbage, why are we even speaking of him?

Richardson is a SG, might have? Lets not assume things again. Richardson gets healthy, he's back to a 15 ppg 7 rebs 3pt bomb. I like Q-Rich, at times he looked like the best players on the Knicks, giving you the boards, defense, good offense, consistantly. Just stay healthy Q-Rich.

I'll repeat myself again since you didn't understand. Balkman is the future 3 of this team, but not right now. He's best suited for the pace changing role like Anderson Varejao, comprende?

i agree with all the above... but q-rich would be the exception to the back injury thing... not the rule if he came back and was the q he was in the LAC or PHO days...