Sheed to the Knicks!

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Reality check: Lakers would want allot more than Francis and Frye for Kobe. The same goes for Oneal. Yes Wallace is aging but he only has two more years on his contract. This doesn't keep us over the cap like it would if we went after a Kobe or Carter. And the beauty of it is that it is a realistic deal that the Knicks can make happen.

Kobe has trade override power though... so he has to approve whatever team he went to... so if he tells LA he wants the knicks... they only have 2 real options... trade him to NY and get a young guy (Frye) and a veteran with a contract that expires in 09 - 10 (the same year lebron, dwade and chris bosh are up)... or watch him walk after 08 - 09 for nothing...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I think the main thing is Frye is only 24 years old, this is only his second year, and he was being compared with many great PF during his rookie year before getting injured . His potential is worth keeping him over a 32 year old Sheed. Lets not jump the gun and send him away for any and everybody because of his performance this past season.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
PG - Marbury
SG - Q. Rich
SF - Ron Artest
PF - Rasheed Wallace
C - Eddy Curry

= New Bad Boys of the NBA = Championship in New York

Man that sounds good, our team would have that tough guy edge we have missed since the Oak/Mase era, man I miss those days when opponents were "not allowed" in the lane without paying for it, but you know David Stern will do everything in his power to stop that from happening in his showboating, crybaby, "finesse"esque b/c a team filled with misfits and troublemakers, esp. here in NYC is bad PR, blah, blah, blah. But I would love it!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
That is a tough lookin lineup. Q-rich would be a very stong and oversized shooting guard. Although Sheeds aging, he would be perfect alongside curry for the next 2 years. Then they can let him go and have david Lee fill that spot in the starting lineup. When Artests contract is up, his replacement would be Balkmen. Give the young guys some time to develop. David Stern would probably do everything he could to keep Artest out of NY, maybe even Rasheed. The Knicks already got NAte Rob, he dont wanna see them get any more trouble makers.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't go for the trade. In the end, having him won't bring us a championship. We should be patient and only make moves that will better us in the future. 2009 is gonna be our year!

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't go for the trade. In the end, having him won't bring us a championship. We should be patient and only make moves that will better us in the future. 2009 is gonna be our year!
I completely agree. Why get Sheed? Is he gonna be the Knicks savior?? I Say we wait and in 2009 will be the beginning of 'THE NEW YORK KNICKS DYNASTY' I hope :)

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I completely agree. Why get Sheed? Is he gonna be the Knicks savior?? I Say we wait and in 2009 will be the beginning of 'THE NEW YORK KNICKS DYNASTY' I hope :)

apparently... some people on this forum have a problem waiting two years...

metrocard

Legend
Two years is a big deal. Time is more important than money, Isiah/Dolan has wasted a lot of time time and money investing in this franchise with their poor decisions.

To look at it on the positive side, teams can turn it around in 2 years, even one with one or two key trades. Look at the Warriors this season, how Isiah saved the Magic, Bulls, Suns and others with his looney moves.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
true indeed... IT made those guys playoff teams... but none of them have won shit... chi HAS to be tight that they gave up on the chandler/curry combo before they hit their prime... IT on his worse day would not replace curry/chandler with ben wallace/pj brown... i think the shortest path to a championship for is being patient with what we have... teams can turn things around in 2 years... but none go from pretender to champ in less than that time...