David Lee on WFAN

Trin_Starr

Starter
The best part of that interview was hearing him say he takes 1000 shots a day working on his J :)
And that he's also working on his ball handling...
now that's a work ethic! and trying to make yourself better!!!

insomniac

Benchwarmer
The best part of that interview was hearing him say he takes 1000 shots a day working on his J :)
And that he's also working on his ball handling...
now that's a work ethic! and trying to make yourself better!!!

i was just gonna write the same exact thing..... well said!

Toons

is the Bo$$
Lee shud start as PF.....i always thought that....who do u guys think his game resembles the most/ or what it can develop into?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I wouldn't compare him to the Great Oak. The Great Oak is fearless, mean, and would put the fear of God in you. This is a man that you wouldnt want to come across in a dark alley. I like Lee though. The kid has the potential of being a knick great. There's no doubt he scraps with the best of them...

I wouldn't compare him to the Great Oak. The Great Oak is fearless, mean, and would put the fear of God in you. This is a man that you wouldnt want to come across in a dark alley. I like Lee though. The kid has the potential of being a knick great. There's no doubt he scraps with the best of them...

not as attimidating as Oak,but can is much more athletic. I think ultimately his numbers will be very similar to Oak's, if not a lil better. but the comparision is not all that fair for Lee considering Oaks legacy w/ the team. But Lee is keeper and if he keeps working he'll be a starter soon

metrocard

Legend
Lee can produce a career similar to Oak or even better. If Lee comebacks this season with a consistant Kurt Thomasish J...its over, drop Channing Frye. Lee shoots 80% from the FT...great FT for a big man. Lee is the man, if he doesn't start this season, Isiah should be hanged infront of MSG.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
If Lee gets that jumper than we don't need Frye nemore and it would make it that much more easier 2 let Frye go :)

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
If Lee gets that jumper than we don't need Frye nemore and it would make it that much more easier 2 let Frye go :)

But why do we always have to trade someone? Develop Frye into a solid backup or soon to be starter. Remember Lee was never a force on defense so if he does get a J he'll be a rebounder with a J. Frye can block shots and shoot the rock. It can be also said the other way around...if frye learns how to rebound then Lee will be stuck on the bench forever. I say we keep both and play the better guy. It's that simple...they are too talented to just ship off onto another disasterous trade...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
But why do we always have to trade someone? Develop Frye into a solid backup or soon to be starter. Remember Lee was never a force on defense so if he does get a J he'll be a rebounder with a J. Frye can block shots and shoot the rock. It can be also said the other way around...if frye learns how to rebound then Lee will be stuck on the bench forever. I say we keep both and play the better guy. It's that simple...they are too talented to just ship off onto another disasterous trade...

chuuuuuch... it's that thinking that made us ship out strickland AND mark jackson...

metrocard

Legend

Because we're a 33 win team and 95% of our roster are average-terrible players

Last edited:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
95% of 12 players = 11.4 players are average - terrible?

who is this miraculous 6/10 of a player who is above average (or below terrible i guess)...

Kiyaman

Legend
Mr. David Lee

The Knicks 2006-7 MVP of that season, was never given the RESPECT inwhich he earned game after game by Head Coach Isiah Thomas.

I am a Blackman and I seen color-prejudice on Isiah Thomas part in the use of David Lee for two seasons as his Coach and his G.M. (It hurts me to say this but it is true in the back of alot of our minds.).

David Lee is the best PF the Knicks have on their roster and this was seen and known before the 2006-7 regular season started. So David Lee should've automatically been put in the Knicks starting lineup to bring more value to his early NBA career at PF, or even at the SF position. WHY?

David Lee talents on court makes Curry and Frye talents outstanding!
1) PF-David Lee and C-Curry gives all Knicks oposition a hard way to defend them from rebounding, and scoring in the paint.
2) SF-David Lee and PF-Frye gives all Knicks oposition problems in the running game on both sides of the court.

The Knicks best Staring lineup in the 2006-7 season that outplayed their oposition in the first quarter and the third quarter were:
C-Curry
PF-Frye
SF-Lee
SG-Crawford
PG-Marbury
6thMan-Balkman
The above were the SIX-Players to build a "JELLIN" chemistry with and build the Knick team around.
This was the Knicks starting Lineup right after the Denver-Brawl, they WON 4 Games out of 5 games after the Denver-Brawl this past season.
Adding Jefferies into the Starting lineup for 30 MPG, and Francis off the bench for a three-guard offense consistently game after game to stop the main 6 player rotation that just WON 4 games out of 5 games put the Knicks back on track to raising more LOSES in the season WIN/LOST column.

Now the BIG Trade Player of the offseason Kobe Bryant wants to come to the New York Knicks, this will cost the Knicks two scoring players (Francis & Crawford whom will do everything to please Coach Jax), plus Coach Phil Jackson favorite player of this trade will be Mr. David Lee.
If there is No David Lee in this trade, than there will be No Kobe trade to the Knicks...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Mr. David Lee

The Knicks 2006-7 MVP of that season, was never given the RESPECT inwhich he earned game after game by Head Coach Isiah Thomas.

I am a Blackman and I seen color-prejudice on Isiah Thomas part in the use of David Lee for two seasons as his Coach and his G.M. (It hurts me to say this but it is true in the back of alot of our minds.).

David Lee is the best PF the Knicks have on their roster and this was seen and known before the 2006-7 regular season started. So David Lee should've automatically been put in the Knicks starting lineup to bring more value to his early NBA career at PF, or even at the SF position. WHY?

David Lee talents on court makes Curry and Frye talents outstanding!
1) PF-David Lee and C-Curry gives all Knicks oposition a hard way to defend them from rebounding, and scoring in the paint.
2) SF-David Lee and PF-Frye gives all Knicks oposition problems in the running game on both sides of the court.

The Knicks best Staring lineup in the 2006-7 season that outplayed their oposition in the first quarter and the third quarter were:
C-Curry
PF-Frye
SF-Lee
SG-Crawford
PG-Marbury
6thMan-Balkman
The above were the SIX-Players to build a "JELLIN" chemistry with and build the Knick team around.
This was the Knicks starting Lineup right after the Denver-Brawl, they WON 4 Games out of 5 games after the Denver-Brawl this past season.
Adding Jefferies into the Starting lineup for 30 MPG, and Francis off the bench for a three-guard offense consistently game after game to stop the main 6 player rotation that just WON 4 games out of 5 games put the Knicks back on track to raising more LOSES in the season WIN/LOST column.

Now the BIG Trade Player of the offseason Kobe Bryant wants to come to the New York Knicks, this will cost the Knicks two scoring players (Francis & Crawford whom will do everything to please Coach Jax), plus Coach Phil Jackson favorite player of this trade will be Mr. David Lee.
If there is No David Lee in this trade, than there will be No Kobe trade to the Knicks...

I agree with you on the Knicks lineup after the brawl and how affective a lineup it was. However stating that there is color predjudice is wrong in my opinion. Isiah selected Lee who wasn't projected to go in the 1st round. The fact of the matter is, at the end of the Rookie season, before Frye's injury, Frye was having a better season than Lee. So its not such a far fetch that Frye would get the nod at the beginning of the season. As this season progressed and Frye didn't have as good as a season as he did last year, and Lee continued to show improvements, Lee was given more time on the floor and Frye less.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I like David Lee but some of you are getting a little carried away with this. I hate to break it to you guys but Lee had one good year. Not to take any thing away from him but his first year he was out shined by Frye. Now you guys are talking about Lee as if he makes Curry a better player. So basically Frye had a great rookie year and slips on his second year, while Lee steps up, way up. Now the consensus is to trade Frye and start Lee. That doesn't make much sense to me. There are allot of Curry bashers posting and that's cool but if you are going to bash Curry please get off of Lee's nuts. Don't talk up Lee to bring Curry down. The argument in its self is ridiculous.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
The fact of the matter is not that DLee is white, but of his rugged play. Same goes for Balkman. I grew up watching Oakley, Mason, Ewing, Starks, Harper, etc. and going from hustle/D/intangibles first to athleticism/talent second. That is the argument. As NYK fans, legends such as Debusschere, Frazier, Reed, (as well as the guys above) etc, were never amazing athletes, they just worked their asses off and played solid D and believed in the TEAM concept. The Knicks of today maybe more exciting to watch (Craw, Nate, Marbs, occasionally Francis when he decides to play), but with the exception of Marbs, Lee, Balk, and Collins (maybe Q if he can survive a full season), not one of those other guys on the team really remind me of real Knicks. It seems they just lolly gag around put on a good show and are completely happy sucking. Imagine Oak, Ewing, etc. playing on a sub .500 team! They would be knocking people around just b/c they were pissed off they were losing! No showboating BS, just going to work. I do not see any of that outside of the guys I mentioned. With the exception of Marbury, Balk, Lee, and Collins are in the league b/c they hustle, play D, and do the little things. Even if some stroke of luck happens and I see World Champ: NYK 2010 (or whatever) and ECity and Crawford are holding the trophy, I just see them as hired guns, nothing more. Not true Knicks like Oak and Mase, etc. I would never put them in the same sentence as those guys. But guys like Lee, Balk, Collins, Marbs, definitely. Personally, when I see these other guys get the intensity and having an underdog mentality with a chip on their shoulder every single game like the early 90s Knicks had and put hustle over finesse, then I will be satisfied with the groups of players we have. Seriously, ask Spike Lee. To my knowledge and awareness, I do not think Spike has worn a jersey since Starks retired!

metrocard

Legend
I like David Lee but some of you are getting a little carried away with this. I hate to break it to you guys but Lee had one good year. Not to take any thing away from him but his first year he was out shined by Frye. Now you guys are talking about Lee as if he makes Curry a better player. So basically Frye had a great rookie year and slips on his second year, while Lee steps up, way up. Now the consensus is to trade Frye and start Lee. That doesn't make much sense to me. There are allot of Curry bashers posting and that's cool but if you are going to bash Curry please get off of Lee's nuts. Don't talk up Lee to bring Curry down. The argument in its self is ridiculous.

Frye hasn't been useful since the first half of his rookie year. He hit the wall really hard, and that is where Lee picked up as being the best PF on the Knicks.

Since then, Lee > Frye at everything. Frye wasn't even hitting his jumpers 06. Remember when he struggled to get over 40% FG?

It doesn't make sense to you cause you don't watch enough Knick games. To you, you think Lee is just a rebounder, but he isn't. Lee is a playmaker, Frye isn't. Lee also has potential for a jumpshot. He shoots 80% from the FT, he can easily develop a Kurt Thomas-like jumper. That will easily increase his PPG total to 15 a game, thus leaving Frye in the toliet.