What direction would you like to see this franchise head to?

metrocard

Legend
This is just opinion. Save the negative noninformational bullshit for an Isiah thread.

Keep

Marbury
Richardson
Lee
Robinson
Balkman
Collins
Morris

Trade or kill
Francis
Crawford
Curry
Frye
James
Rose
Cato
Jefferies

Get a new coach that invests on defense and ball movement
an assistant coach whos good at developing young players
a better SCOUT
new GM(must)
new owner(nothing of Dolan's personality).

Get new uniforms (How long have we been sucking in these? Plus, anything with orange, white blue, and black with new york can look hot., lets see some Knicks jerseys with some graffiti tap ups and a rep to the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and Manhattan...make it happend!)
new slogan and motto
Get rid of Mike Breen...keep Gus Johnson and Clyde Frazier forever.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
This is just opinion. Save the negative noninformational bullshit for an Isiah thread.

Keep

Marbury
Richardson
Lee
Robinson
Balkman
Collins
Morris

Trade or kill
Francis
Crawford
Curry
Frye
James
Rose
Cato
Jefferies

Get a new coach that invests on defense and ball movement
an assistant coach whos good at developing young players
a better SCOUT
new GM(must)
new owner(nothing of Dolan's personality).

Get new uniforms (How long have we been sucking in these? Plus, anything with orange, white blue, and black with new york can look hot., lets see some Knicks jerseys with some graffiti tap ups and a rep to the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and Manhattan...make it happend!)
new slogan and motto
Get rid of Mike Breen...keep Gus Johnson and Clyde Frazier forever.

i'm not gonna go over my thoughts about the players again...

Dolan is never going anywhere cuz it's his father's team... seriously... how do you "get rid of" an owner?

the uniform idea i dig seriously though... i've always thought our unis were too vanilla...

i think changing the coaching staff this year would be a mistake... we need consistency... after the season though... if IT wanted to move back to the front office... that might work... ps... IT isn't GM... he's president of basketball operations > gm...

how has IT failed as a scout? lee, robinson, balkman, collins, morris are all guys that our scout IT brought drafted (he considers morris a draft pick)...

two questions for you though... why would you keep nate robinson over curry or frye... and what the fuck is up with that stupid poem on your sig?

metrocard

Legend
how do you "get rid of" an owner?

istockphoto_127141_gat.jpg

Isiah drafted Frye over Bynum, Granger, Green, etc.

I still believe we drafted Nate too high.

The Lee pick was the greatest Knick draft pick since Ewing.

Collins was a good pick, Balkman was a good too.

Robinson's contract is cheap and he doesn't play that big of a role on the team. Curry isn't ready yet to be a leader of a NBA roster. He's better as a 2nd option.

LOL, you never seen the TV show my brother and me? woooooooow.

Toons

is the Bo$$
LMAO, GOO PUNCH....i use to kill the old school nick shows....nick...knick...lol...my bro n me, clarissa explains it all, rocko's modern life, are u affraid of the dark, ren n stimpy...all classics lol

id keep curry n frye tho...new threads is a good idea too

question, i know it might not be possible, but would u guys trade marbury for barbosa? jsut a thought

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
istockphoto_127141_gat.jpg

Isiah drafted Frye over Bynum, Granger, Green, etc.

Granger is the only one who is even equal to what Frye has done since he came into the league. And that's with Frye having a lackluster season. It seems you are incorrect with your assessment again

metrocard

Legend
Granger is the only one who is even equal to what Frye has done since he came into the league. And that's with Frye having a lackluster season. It seems you are incorrect with your assessment again

You would pick Frye over Bynum, Granger and Green? All I can say is wow. If your that close personally with Frye, then I understand. But Frye doesn't compare to those guys in value.

Sean May is better than Channing Frye at this point. Younger, can shoot too, has a post game and superior rebounder. Frye is a nice young player, but lets stop glorifying him.

I understand Frye's opportunity was taken away from him this season by Isiah when Thomas isolated Frye in the offense. But if Frye can't contribute defense and rebounding to this roster, whats the point of him being here? Once Lee develops a consistant jumper, Frye can say bye bye.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You would pick Frye over Bynum, Granger and Green? All I can say is wow. If your that close personally with Frye, then I understand. But Frye doesn't compare to those guys in value.

Sean May is better than Channing Frye at this point. Younger, can shoot too, has a post game and superior rebounder. Frye is a nice young player, but lets stop glorifying him.

I understand Frye's opportunity was taken away from him this season by Isiah when Thomas isolated Frye in the offense. But if Frye can't contribute defense and rebounding to this roster, whats the point of him being here? Once Lee develops a consistant jumper, Frye can say bye bye.

Hahaha i like the Frye can say bye bye part. Theres really no debate here. Isiah did make a mistake with that draft pick. I like nate at 23 and I love Lee at 30 but Frye at 8 was a mistake with Granger and especially Gerald Green and Bynum still left. Isiahs not he only one who made that mistake, a lot of teams passed on these guys. If I was the GM, I would've gone for Gerald Green even though that was before the curry trade cuz if they drafted Bynum then they wouldnt had needed Curry.

Toons

is the Bo$$
bynum and curry are on 2 different levels.....who in their right mind would choose bynum over curry?????????

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think everyone here will agree that the Knicks need to be focusing on defense. That means getting our current roster to play better defense and acquiring players that hustle and play great defense.

Look at the finals right now. Two great defensive teams. If we want to reach the championship level we have to learn how to play defense. I don't care what anyone says, Phoenix will never win a championship if they have to run into a good defensive, grind it out team in a 7 game series. Offense can get you a good record but defense wins championships.

Bring in Artest and Rasheed and we'll see how good the rest of the players can be.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
bynum and curry are on 2 different levels.....who in their right mind would choose bynum over curry?????????

Right now Curry is clearly the better player. However, I think Bynum has already shown more potential on the defensive end. He will be a better defender then Curry, and a better rebounder. To this point the only thing Curry can do is score down low. Even if he comes back next year with a jumpshot, the only thing he'll still be good at is scoring. I think hes an average rebounder and a poor defender. I'd love to see him come out next season and start blockin more shots and playing better defense but I dont think it will happen. I think at most he can work hard and become just an average defender. It's not all his fault cuz teams are going small and he doesnt have that much of a chance against smaller quicker guys. Back to Bynum, in about 22 minutes a game he blocked 1.6 shots and averaged 5.9 rebounds. This year was only his second season. You know, I agree with you. Bynum and Curry are on 2 different levels. Who would chose Curry over Bynum? How far can a team go with a center who doesnt play defense? I like Curry, But i dont know if the knicks will be a chamiopnship team as long as hes the starting center. It's too bad, cuz i think hes very talented on the offensive end.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Metro why are you always starting these bullshit threads? Curry is the centerpiece of this team. You don't like it? Too bad so sad. Seriously who would you like to see as the new Center for the NYK? Give me a realistic Curry trade that wouldn't kill this team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I thought I was harder on Curry then Metro. Metro did start it when he listed the players that should be traded or killed. I know the Knicks are stuck with Curry and as fans we have to accept it and learn to like him. I gave him his credit, hes a force on offense even though he cant pass out of double teams. Try convincing everyone that Curry does play good D cuz it cant be done. Statistics dont lie and the players half his size who go right by him for uncontested layups dont lie either. The point I was tryin to make and i think that Metrocard would agree is that without a shotblocker a team can only go so far and the Knicks dont have a guy who intimidates opposing players when they come in for layups.

And yo Metro....The graffiti uniforms would be nice. NEw York is the place where rap started. I'd love to see more hip hop looking uniforms. They gotta get on their New York shit like busta did.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

If I typed it, then of course I would. You are going off of what exactly? Green winning a slam dunk contest? Bynum showing spurts of potential, and IF you read, I said Granger is the only one you had right. A bird in the hand beats two in the bush, the FACTS of the matter is this, Frye has had a better 2 season career than the people you mentioned and thats with having an off season this past season, and fighting for and eventually getting playing time his rookie season. I don't get why people have such short memories, last season Frye was the talk of the town, one bad season all of a sudden this guy isn't worth shit?? C'mon be serious. I am not a fan that's going to pit one team mate against the other, so if/when Lee develops a J, Great for the team. Same as if/when Frye starts grabbing the bounds and blocking shot that will be great for the Knicks as well. I for one know potential and don't give up on it after one lackluster season

First of all the thing that really gets me is that everyone talks about how Frye is a bust now, and how we should've done this or that w/ the pick just because Frye had a bad sophomre season (which a lot of players do). Also had we picked Bynum or Green last year w/ the number 7 and we had to wait for them to develope in the D Leaugue everyone would've been shouting why did we not draft Frye all of last season. Bottom line that is how the Draft works every year there is a team that gets burned by a pick, again a few other teams passed on Bynum, Granger, and Green and I remember that Draft night when it was our turn to pick only Stephen A Smith mad mention of Green, no one said anything about Bynum or Granger, so it's foolish to expect any GM to be able to make the correct pick every year. Not to mention like him or not IT has made some excellent pickups for us w/ late picks, and again Frye's rookie season everyone thought that he had another steal in the lottery. Bottom line Frye will prove to be a good player. Bynum will be a better defensive player than Curry, and maybe even a better overall player, but I think Curry is just a better fit for this team.... example Chauncy is a better defender and maybe player than Nash but Nash is a better fit for Pheonix. But before we blast IT for any move he made just ask yourself your opinion of the move at the time of the aquisition not two and three years in retrospect.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
Thats the problem with early picks. Picks 5-14 usually are up to extreme debate year after year. Drafting is a huge risk each and every year b/c nobody really know what the prospect is going to turn into (See Bowie v. Jordan, and everyone else drafted b4 Kobe, Weis over Artest). I think with the success IT has done during the draft (McGrady, Stoudelmire, Camby, Ariza, Lee, Balk, Collins) he has a great eye for talent. I will never debate his eye for talent again, esp after I nearly put my fist th/ the TV last year when we passed over Marcus Williams and for our team, it worked out fine. Frye, even if he does not get much better than he is now, will be in the league for at least another 5-7 years b/c he can hit jumpshots. So, IT drafted a bust, I think not, BUT do I think we should trade him YES b/c if he does not progress his game, his trade value will never be higher.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Isiahs Advocate 33: I have no idea how Curry is a bettter fit for the Knicks then Bynum considering the Knicks desperately need someone to intimidat down low. I agree with your Billups/Nash example but in no way is that true with Bynum and Curry. I'm not trying to bash Frye, I think he will be a good player for more than 5 to 7 years but I think as it will become evident next season that Granger, Bynum, and Green would have all been better picks for the knicks and I felt this way since before the draft happened. At the same time, as EastliNYKfan pointed out, Isiah shouldnt be criticized for his draft picks he has made throughout his career. He has an excellent eye for young talent and I think Frye was the only mistake he made and again its not becuz Frye will not be a good player but its because there were better options available. Scott Layden deserves to be shot for some of the draft picks if not all the draft picks that he made.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Question right, lets say curry was a shotblocker....lets say he averages as much as clevelands leading shotblocker with a whopping 1.3 a game, biz Z....and we were still losing...would you guys be pushing for a center who can score in the post? or a center who is an offensive threat? curry averages 20 ppg and if u watch knick games, those arent fast break points, or easy buckets at all....y not push for a pf/sf...josh smith or g.wallace with more shotblocking and rebounding ability, and try to get curry to work on turnovers and dishing

metrocard

Legend
lilman_bklyn, I accually like your post. All I'm going to say Green, Granger, and Bynum can offer more to this team now and in the future than Frye ever will. This is from my experience watching these four players the last 2 seasons.

Toons, I believe Balkman can develop into that Gerald Wallace mold.

Metro why are you always starting these bullshit threads? Curry is the centerpiece of this team. You don't like it? Too bad so sad. Seriously who would you like to see as the new Center for the NYK? Give me a realistic Curry trade that wouldn't kill this team.

This team has been bleeding for the last 5 years. You act as if we're in a great untouchable state that it would be the worst move in the world to trade Curry. Curry is a complimentary player, not a franchise player. Same with Crawford.

As for the new center of New York? I think your mom would handle the paint pretty good for the Knicks, atleast better than Curry.

Right now Curry is clearly the better player. However, I think Bynum has already shown more potential on the defensive end. He will be a better defender then Curry, and a better rebounder. To this point the only thing Curry can do is score down low. Even if he comes back next year with a jumpshot, the only thing he'll still be good at is scoring. I think hes an average rebounder and a poor defender. I'd love to see him come out next season and start blockin more shots and playing better defense but I dont think it will happen. I think at most he can work hard and become just an average defender. It's not all his fault cuz teams are going small and he doesnt have that much of a chance against smaller quicker guys. Back to Bynum, in about 22 minutes a game he blocked 1.6 shots and averaged 5.9 rebounds. This year was only his second season. You know, I agree with you. Bynum and Curry are on 2 different levels. Who would chose Curry over Bynum? How far can a team go with a center who doesnt play defense? I like Curry, But i dont know if the knicks will be a chamiopnship team as long as hes the starting center. It's too bad, cuz i think hes very talented on the offensive end.

Co-sign this post to the fullest.

We know what Curry is capable of, but Bynum is more all around. Dude already averaged 1.5 blks off the bench, not even with starter minutes.

Funny thing is, I never compared Curry and Bynum, but I might as well will now.

Scoring
Curry

Post moves
Curry

Jumpshot
Curry

Rebounding
Bynum

Man Defense
Bynum

Shot blocking
Bynum

Size
Bynum

Younger
Bynum

To me, shot blocking and defense is our biggest concerns. Why have a "franchise" player that doesn't answer our weaknesses? Its not smart, and it does not make me feel as a fan of the Knicks, secure for the future.

Curry is the center version of Zach Randolph, minus the rebounding and jumpshot.

I thought I was harder on Curry then Metro. Metro did start it when he listed the players that should be traded or killed. I know the Knicks are stuck with Curry and as fans we have to accept it and learn to like him. I gave him his credit, hes a force on offense even though he cant pass out of double teams. Try convincing everyone that Curry does play good D cuz it cant be done. Statistics dont lie and the players half his size who go right by him for uncontested layups dont lie either. The point I was tryin to make and i think that Metrocard would agree is that without a shotblocker a team can only go so far and the Knicks dont have a guy who intimidates opposing players when they come in for layups.

And yo Metro....The graffiti uniforms would be nice. NEw York is the place where rap started. I'd love to see more hip hop looking uniforms. They gotta get on their New York shit like busta did.

Exactly. When opposing players attack the basket and go for lay ups, they understand that our team is weak in the paint defensively. This is a main reason Curry doesn't deserve 30 minutes a game. We need more dept at center, Jerome James is a funny dude, but terrible on the basketball court. We need a guy who can hold it down in the paint defensively and offensively.

New uniforms is a MUST. Our uniforms are hot right now, but we've been losing in them too much, its becoming a trend. We need new unis and a new front office. Anything that says New York is going to look fire. Orange, white, black and blue is a hot combo too. Someone gotta make it work!