What direction would you like to see this franchise head to?

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
in your rush to condemn curry's rebounding... you ignore that his numbers have improved 5.4, 6.0, 7.1... so while curry doesn't yet rebound as much as anyone is comfortable with... he has consistently improved this since coming here... his blocking is going down though... a troubling trend...but if curry can give us 25 and 10... who suffers??? why watch him blossom elsewhere... teams salivate oever him dlee and frye... with good reason... we either need good perimeter defense or a solid shot blocker for help defense... or both if bossible... gwallace AND o'neal would be a problem for anyone...

Allen

Benchwarmer
Other teams salivate over David Lee and to a certain extent Channing Frye but I don't think any NBA team anywhere is salivating over Eddy Curry.

One dimensional players like Curry are a dime a dozen but players like Shaq, Ben Wallace, Yao, Amre Stoudemire, Duncan and now Greg Oden come around once in a lifetime. There is now way Curry can even be mentioned in the same breath as that group. They are much more talanted and well rounded than Curry.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Keep Curry, Frye, Balkman, Lee and Collins. All are young and have potential to keep improving.

I would consider moving Frye, but he showed so much promise as a rookie, I'd hate to give up on him after only disappointing season where he didn't develop.

Get rid of Robinson and Francis. Francis is useless. Despite being a great athlete, Robinson will always be a defensive liability and there is no guarantee he will mature. His trade value can only go down if we wait to move him.

Everyone else can be traded, but I see no compellling reason to do so.

The key is that the Knicks should not panic in an effort to make the team better next year by trading away any of the 5 names above for a more established player. They CANNOT trade themselves into the championship next year. But they can trade themselves out of one in 3-4 years if they give up some young players or add too much salary. If they wait 2-3 years until the cap issues are resolved, the above 5 will be much better as a group and they can add a mega star to put them over the top. If they give up youth and add a 30+ year old, they may be better next year, but he will be going downhill just as the others are peaking and we may not be able to land a mega star because of salary. DONT PANIC!!!!!

Two Questions: 1. Since everyone sees such a great need for Shot Blocking and Rebounding, How many of us would be happy if on Draft Night we traded Curry for Tyson Chandler? Look don't get me wrong I started following the Knicks during the Riley years so it is strange to me to see the Knicks struggle defensivfely. But there are not many legit low post scorers in this league, and while one dimensional players come around often in the league, dominant low post players don't. Trust me when I check the box scores for Knick games to find Curry only grabbed 4 boards, and had no blks, I'm just as baffled as anyone, so I'm not saying Curry is the end all be all of Centers in the league, but w/ the right player at the 4 all his flaws are erased. Which brings me to question # 2: Like him or not Curry is not getting traded as long as IT is the GM ( too much vested in him) so who would you say would be the right player to team up w/ Eddy on the front court? My first vote would be Marcus Camby, then maybe Tyson Chandler. I think David Lee would be great as well it would just mean Curry would have to become a shot-blocker, and Frye would probably have to be traded.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
lilman_bklyn, I accually like your post. All I'm going to say Green, Granger, and Bynum can offer more to this team now and in the future than Frye ever will. This is from my experience watching these four players the last 2 seasons.

Toons, I believe Balkman can develop into that Gerald Wallace mold.

This team has been bleeding for the last 5 years. You act as if we're in a great untouchable state that it would be the worst move in the world to trade Curry. Curry is a complimentary player, not a franchise player. Same with Crawford.

As for the new center of New York? I think your mom would handle the paint pretty good for the Knicks, atleast better than Curry.

Curry is untouchable. I'm not saying he's the best Center in the league or no shit like that but I am saying that there is a shortage of athletic big men in this league. You want to trade Curry, that's fine but for who? Realistically the best 'Big Men' in the league are Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Yao Ming. These are the elite. There may be 4 or 5 others worth talking about and Curry is one of them. But the likely hood that we could trade Curry for Duncan or Howard is slim to none. Because your right, he's not as good as Duncan or Howard but sense we can't get ether player for him what does it matter? Oh yea, real slick post Metro but you didn't answer my question. If you were to trade Curry who would you trade him for?

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
so... under your scenario... say curry never develops... we give up curry for a guy who makes us the cavs of manhattan... BUT... if he does develop into the player so many of us think he can... we lose out on a one of a kind post presence... watching him blossom elsewhere... as we toil away without a ring... OR we pick a rookie and watch him develop for 5 years... a bird in the hand metro... it's not like EC is jerome james... cut the kid some slack...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
He hasn't improved, his minutes just went up.

Knickslover, Allen...good read.

This is the standard response by people that don't like Curry. It doesn't hold water though. Yes, his minutes went up, but so did the double teams and triple teams. Without that, his stats would have gone WAY up. He's not a superstar and still has some flaws, but he is clearly improving.

Last edited:
He hasn't improved, his minutes just went up.

Knickslover, Allen...good read.

after his first Knick season was'nt one of the things we said he needed to improve on is staying out of foul trouble so he could be on the floor more? He did just that and As a result his stats went up, the problem with New York in any sport we expect athletes to make a complete 180 in the off season. Is Curry a complete Center?....hell NO! But you are lying to yourself to say that he hasn't shown relevant improvement. But if I was a betting man my money would be on Eddy coming back better next season, still not a complete player but better, also how many times in Eddy's career has the guy had a coach that not only beleives in him, but that was returning to coach him for consecutive seasons

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
In a league where the 5 spot is weak and the 1 super star (O'Neil) is close to the end, you have to keep Curry. He can dominate the low post on offense and demands a double to triple team every time he touches the ball. The down size is his D or lack there of! Yes, it is a mystery that a player with his stature does not bully his way to dominance but I guess that's just not his game and the Knicks have to accept it and address it. If Curry is going to be the Knicks Center for years to come, then they need to get a banger to compliment him. The Knicks have a nice core of young players and if they want to go with the youth movement, then so be it. The thing that's going to bite them in the rear is the money they have invested. So, they need to keep drafting every year and let these salary's come off the books every year. I think they are 1-2 good solid moves away from being a contender. If Isiah can't land that star 4, then it is up to Isiah to keep the phone off the hook and NOT make any more DUMB trades. By the time the Knicks free up money there will be a bevy of young stars and good players available. It looks like Indiana is trying to package Troy Murphy's contract with O'Neil and that's a tremendous amount of money over the next 4 years for any team that takes them. Gasol is not the player to compliment curry since he is an offensive minded big man as well. Garnett is a bit of an anomaly! He is an elite player yet he has choked in the playoffs when his team looked to him to seal the deal. I think he just needs a player to compliment him as well. Could Curry be that guy with Marbury sitting out on the perimeter waiting for the kick out? Who knows but the Knicks, I feel, do not have enough players to get him unless they basically gave Minni the farm (every young player they have). Is KG worth it? Is the tandem of KG, EC and SM enough to win it all? Is a player that has been in the league for as long as KG has worth giving up the future of the Franchise? Do kid yourself, you would have to give up Frye, Lee and Balkman to get him (if that's even enough). So, what direction do I want to see this franchise head to? I think Isiah has decided that for us already.... Don't you!

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
co-sign 100%... i wouldn't want to sacrifice a knick team that plays with passion and heart for an aging superstar...

Last edited by a moderator:

metrocard

Legend
This is standard response by people that don't like Curry. It doesn't hold water though. Yes, his minutes went up, but so did the double teams and triple teams. Without that, his stats would have gone WAY up. He's not a superstar and still has some flaws, but he is clearly improving.

I don't have feelings towards Curry. He did improved his foul prone problems, but overall, he's the same kid. Teams double team Curry cause they know he doesn't pass, and Curry is a predictable offensive player. He has many flaws that are keeping him from being a superstar.

Curry will never be a superstar. Superstars are guys like Lebron, Nash, Kobe, KG etc.

Curry will be a good player in the NBA. Border-line all star once he improves his defense. I'm not even concerned about his rebounding cause we got Balkman and Lee.

I am not saying to trade Curry right away, because we gave up a SHITLOAD of picks and cap space for Eddy Curry. I want the best damn deal for Curry possible. Same goes with Marbury, Francis, and Crawford. Isiah alot of alot of key trading assets, expiring contracts, lottery picks for these guys...if we DO trade them, I want a KG or Kobe in return, or a lottery pick and expiring contract.

Its not going to happend though, cause Isiah is a fucking fool.

As for passion and heart, not even our whole roster combined can combined to the passion and heart KG brings to the game.

Homer, agreed, by the way we are two great moves from being contenders and being better in the future.

The best player on our team is Stephon Marbury, who isn't even a top 30 NBA player.

We have too many B's and C's, we need an A player and surround him with B's and C's.

Homer, please explained HOW KG has choked in the playoffs. Lets not pretend KG is a T'Mac now. KG has taken his team deep into the playoffs and put up big numbers.

I want this franchise to be competitive and sucessful.

Last edited:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
ummm... KG has made it out the first round ONCE in his entire career... curry is 6 years deep and 24 years old... when Nash was 24... no one thought he'd be a future MVP...at 24... people thought Kobe was nothing more than Shaq's sidekick (a la Penny Hardaway)... EC has improved under IT... remember he was averaging like 25 and 8 before teams started doubling him... now he knows what to expect and should be able to pass out of those situations next year...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
KG has taken his team deep into the playoffs and put up big numbers.

HAHA I can't believe he just said that. I'm done...that was the dumbest comment of the year. It's over.

This franchise is heading in the right direction. We're young, talented yet still learning. Nate-Rob, collins, balkman, lee, curry, frye, and randolph are our future. If we can get some solid vets on this team to make the youngsters better themselves then it's a wrap...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
After the slow start and then the brawl and before all the injuries the Knicks were about a .500 team. They showed they could play with the big boys but they also showed they could play down to the level of their competition (See bobcats and 76ers). The thing objective Knicks fans have to ask themselves is this, are the Knicks going to be able to build off of what they accomplished last season. The answer to that, in my opinion is yes. Every team has growing pains. They start smellin their piss and go in thinking oh we can easily beat this team or that team and they lose. or they realize that too late in the game that they were actually playing a game and before they realize it, they are down 15 points. These things happen, and these things get corrected.Thats just focus. Now when you add in familiarity with teamates, players coming back healthy, and players improving on their game, the knicks should add about 10 wins or so to their record. This is with no new players coming aboard. Adding a shooter, or shot blocker, or a superstar will pick that win total up even more.

The main thing the Knicks need to do is not panic. Every little thing, is gonna be a'right... This is my message to you oo oo

metrocard

Legend
If I typed it, then of course I would. You are going off of what exactly? Green winning a slam dunk contest? Bynum showing spurts of potential, and IF you read, I said Granger is the only one you had right. A bird in the hand beats two in the bush, the FACTS of the matter is this, Frye has had a better 2 season career than the people you mentioned and thats with having an off season this past season, and fighting for and eventually getting playing time his rookie season. I don't get why people have such short memories, last season Frye was the talk of the town, one bad season all of a sudden this guy isn't worth shit?? C'mon be serious. I am not a fan that's going to pit one team mate against the other, so if/when Lee develops a J, Great for the team. Same as if/when Frye starts grabbing the bounds and blocking shot that will be great for the Knicks as well. I for one know potential and don't give up on it after one lackluster season

Another shit stain by little man.

Props to MSG33 and I for coming out with true valid predictions on Bynum > Curry. WE GOT EYE FOR TALENT, LIKE THAT SON