Patrick Ewing Assistant Coach?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Since Phil Ford is leaving there are rumors now that Patrick Ewing might become the Knicks new assistant coach. What do you think? I would like to have Jeff Van Gundy back, but Ewing sounds fine to me.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i dont know about him being assistant coach.....id like him to b a trainer or sumthin....i like jeff for assis. coach

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
last rumor i read says IT isn't interested in adding to the coaching staff... since he thinks it's fine... i like toons' suggestion as jvg as assistant coach under IT... this way... we have a defensive assistant and successor to IT in 1 - 2 seasons...

metrocard

Legend
We would be awesome to see Curry work with Ewing, period. If Curry can somehow mold his game similar to Ewing's...boy, can you imagine the possiblities of sucess?

I know this sounds corny, but it would just bring me joy to see Ewing back w/ the team. I think between he, Herb, and IT, there won't be too many games the Knicks will not show up for, and I think more than injuries, more than a lack of continuity, the Knicks lost so many games due to a lack of focus ( See the win one lose trade off from end of Jan to the All Star break).

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Bring The Warrior back...we definitely need his mentality on this team. And you're right we would win more games just from the fact that Pat won't let Curry lose focus in the game.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
success speaks for itself... yao blossomed after working with ewing for so long... i would hope curry doesn't develop his selfishness though... i would bring in p-ew as a big man coach and still try jvg as the assistant though... that way... when jvg takes over... he can bring up p-ew as his assistant... how sick would it be to see a sideline of jvg, herb and p-ew in a few seasons? this is assuming jvg also becomes less stubborn in the process though...