Knicks One Of Three Teams On Kobe's List

Kiyaman

Legend
Recalling Kobe Bryants past in the NBA untill now, the only coach that seems to get Kobe to play at the next level with all 4 of his teammates is Coach Jax.

Kobe Bryant will see to many Rookie Coach errors in Isiah Thomas coaching decisions and may become more chaotic than Ron Artest kicking computor monitors after a WINNING Game was LOST in the last 5 minutes of the game by the coach errors. Especially when it becomes consistent.

Is Coach Isiah Thomas a ONE on ONE player coach with his offensive to defensive coaching plan???

Trin_Starr

Starter
The 3 teams are Phx, Chi and NY.

While I don't think LA will trade him to a western conference team and playoff rival PHX, it comes down to Chicago and NY.

I believe at the end of the day and with Kobe's ego - he will end up in NY.
I don't think he can go to work each day and see a statue of MJ outside the chicago arena - knowing that he will never be "Da Man" in Chicago...

That brings us to NY - he can be the man who brought the knicks their 1st title since the 70's! - now that would surely stroke his ego.

I don't see the salaries matching up in Chi to get kobe unless they throw in a bunch of players - leaving kobe as a one man show in Chicago...which will basically be the same as his 07 lakers.
I also think that 15% trade kicker will hurt the cheap ass bulls.

Kobe knows the importance of a bigman who can command double teams - makes things much easier for him - Curry can offer that.

So if our lineup is anything like
PG - steph
SG - Kobe
SF- Q
PF -?
C - Curry

I can see the knicks causing a lot of damage!!

In today's NYpost article Steph said it best:
"New York would be dynamite for [Kobe]," Marbury said. "This would be someplace where basketball would become the biggest and highest of the high for the NBA. It will help the game in a tremendous way because that would give New York that solidification . . . where you look at the Knicks as, oh, man, that's the team again. There's still a search for that team that people want to follow."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0617200...on__id_be_ok_with_kobe_knicks_marc_berman.htm

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah it would be nice but who are we going to offer? Jamal? Lee? Frye? Robinson/Collins? Balkman? probably. To me we should build around the young guys we have.

Kobe to the knicks seems like its a good idea, but I dont think we want to trade our young ones away.

I heard on ESPN that the trade if it happens will be BEFORE the draft which is June 28.

Starks

Starter
we all love this Kobe talk, but not one person here has offered a REALISITC trade that the Lakers would bite on if he were to be dealt. Trust me, he aint going anywhere. All he is doing is putting pressure on LA to trade Bynum and others for All-Star players. Its politics people. And its the same thing that happened years ago when Reggie Miller trade talk to the Knicks heated up. All he did was talk out of his ass until the Pacers folded bent backwards for Reggie to stay.

Kobe is just toying around with the media to get LA to make some "win now" moves.

And again, WHAT THE HELL WOULD LA WANT FROM THE KNICKS FOR KOBE????

Stephon, Jamal, Lee?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Though Stevie Franchise isn't what he once was, I still believe in an open system out West, he could shine. The only thing is convincing the Lakers of this, which is highly unlikely. But if forced into a corner and they did manage to accept that trade, that would be great :).
Otherwise, I figure giving up Frye or Lee and Collins or Balkman is a given in any trade, Crawford would have to go, along with Morris or our 23rd pick, and finally Jeffries or Q-Rich.

With that trade, our new starting 5 would look something like:

PG- Marbury
SG - Kobe
SF - Q-Rich or Balkman (depends who doesn't get traded)
PF - Lee or Frye
C - Curry

Even if they did make that trade, their core needs will still need to be addressed Shot Blocker and Outside shooter. If they ended up keeping the pick, they could address that need there.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Though the trade will lack an all out superstar. the proposed trade would give the Lakers significant cap room in a few years and at the same time get them younger players who have shown great upside already and a veteran or two as well

knicklover

Benchwarmer
If you can figure out how to make a trade without giving up Curry and Lee, I'll go for it. Anything that includes either one of those two guys is brain dead unless you are 100% sure we can forgive Frye's lack of development last year and know he will become an All Star. Then I can see giving up Lee (but I'll be sick to my stomach for awhile about it).

We have a good young nucleus. We aren't going to win the title next year, but we aren't going to win it next year if we get Kobe and give up all our young prospects either.

So I say forget about it. Stick with what we have. Hope we make the playoffs, but if not, we'll get a very good pick. In two years we'll have at ton of salary going off, our young players will be developed further, and we can buy the missing piece (a star).

We need a 2-4 year plan not a panic attack.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
"Man, today is one of those surreal days for me and my family. When you love something as much as I love the Lakers its hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere. But, the ONE THING I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is WINNING. That is plain and simply what it's all about. It's in my DNA. It's what pushes me to work as hard as I do. It's my daily passion and pursuit."

words from kobe himself today. . I seriously wants out

You guys can find this on his official site http://www.kb24.com/ click on news

NYKnicks15

Starter
long time no type haha. hows everyone doin?

i usually come with some inside news from this source or that. but today and on this topic let me tell you im as clueless as the next guy. not much is known but i dont think its really up to the teams of PHX, CHI or NY to get Kobe.. its up to two ppl. KOBE and PHIL.

Kobe chooses where he wants. and as pointed out nicely in a prior post I dont think hell want to be in Chicago where he would have to live in the shadow of MJ. UNLESS his cockyness comes into play and he truly believes he can rise above.

now screwing management.. lets look at Phil. as much as they would not have kobe on a west team.. phil loves shawn marion. ask him hell tell you. read his book itll state it. a swap with a few components in could work. but would not help phx want for salary space.

so between chi and ny. you have a lot of scenarios and Curry nor hinrich being part of each.

Chicago has a lot to offer in Ben, Deng, NYs pick and possibily Ben Wallace.
New York has a lot also.. now hold your thoughts and read.

Phil is a triangle man. always has been and always will be. now what works in a triangle? a shooting big man? a 1-2 guard combo player? a shooting SF? hmm if you dont think a Frye, Craw, Rich, Nate, or even Balkman possibly Stevie (long shot) wont work then you are nuts.

this is NOT up to the Buss'.. this falls on Phil & Kobe. and Kobe being a big city diva and Phil being a square stuck in a triangle.. look for Kobe to come to NY.

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
Although he is a once in a generation player, we should not sacrifice our youth b/c we would be like the Miami Heat staying in purgatory b/c of aging stars. Plus, if we got him as a hired gun, do you honestly think he and Curry could win an NBA Championship together? I dont think so b/c our roles players would have to be either unproven rookies, washup vets (CSpoon/Mo Taylor types anyone) and DLeaguers b/c apparently we would have to give up Marbury, Crawford, Nate, Lee, Frye, Balk, and Morris plus first rounders to get him, leaving us with this:

Collins
Kobe
Q/JJ20
ROSE!
Curry

Bench
PG who knows maybe Francis
SG Q or who knows
SF Q or JJ20
PF Who knows
C Burger King

I mean, we would probably get Kwame and Radmonivich too, but they are useful as a cock flavored lollipop (Dodgeball Quote)!

So, is he really worth a risky push that maybe gives us a chance to get into the second round of the playoffs then developing a young team and allowing them to grow and gel for years to come? Tough call. If IT bites, it will go down as his greatest achievement or him scalping tickets back in Chicago.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Am I the only one who actually DOESN'T want Kobe to come to NY?? Yes, he is arguably the best player in the game, and yes, he could probably lead the Knicks to the Finals. But personally, I don't like the guy. I think he is a whiny bitch and a spoiled brat.

I would much rather keep the players that we have now, and continue to build chemistry and develop our young guys then have to root for a rapist to bring NY a championship. Is giving up Lee and Balkman, players that I actually respect and enjoy to watch, really worth it?? The Knicks, in my opinion, would have more integrity if they brought in Rasheed Wallace and Ron Artest then Kobe Bryant.

If we end up giving all of the players on the Knicks that I like for a bitch like Kobe, I unfortunately will have to stop being a Knick fan. I'll have to start rooting for another team.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I wouldn't want Kobe in NY either. All we need is another ball-hog that shoots way too much. Personally I have no problems with Kobe but to mortgage the farm on a guy that can't win without Shaq around is crazy. The only way I would consider it if we could dump the dead-vet weight like Marbury and Francis of the world. An Eddie Curry/ Kobe combo does sound interesting though....hmmm

tiger0330

Legend
Kobe has a veto rights to any trade. Why would he come to NY if the reason he wants to leave LA is because he wants to win. Chicago is closer personnel wise to becoming a contender than the Knicks.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
It Could Happen

the nba needs the knicks to be good again. with the ratings the league had this past post season stern will do anything in his power to bring the viewers back. he's a huge knicks fan too. if kobe goes anywhere i think ittl be to ny. since he has the power to determine where he goes kobe knows New York is a goldmine 4 him. on top of that he knows the atlantic division is garbage and he could be the savior of the knicks just like MJ was to the bulls. if i was IT id press 4 a trade like this...
--------------------------------------------
to the knicks...
kobe bryant($19,490,625)

for

steve francis- $16,440,000
david lee- $990,600
channing frye- $2,487,240
(maybe add a 1st round pick)
total- $19,917,840
--------------------------------------------
whatever the case might be this squad could own the east...

pg- marbury
sg- crawford
sf- kobe
pf- jeffries
c- curry

back ups
pg- collins
sg- robinson
sf- q-rich/balkman
pf- morris
c- james

with the 23rd pick in the nba draft id take bad ass Sean Williams - http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/seanwilliams.html - he definatly could be that shot blockin son of a bitch we so desperately need. isiah seems to relate good with players who have problems off the court too so i think it could work out.

all and all with a line up like that, answer me this... who the hell is fuk'n with us?

metrocard

Legend
If we get Kobe, it'll be a blessing. We'll finally have an elite NBA player again and a chance at competiting. It'll be great for the NBA, an elite player in the mecca of basketball.