The Kobe Kampaign

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Kobe on the knicks sounds possible more then ever you can say. Bulls are really interested in Kobe, they got the better players to give to the Lakers, but I like I said before this trade will happen before the draft.

the trade can't happen before the draft. the lakers haven't even started talking to teams yet, and even then. do you remember how long it took AI to get traded? or artest? same type of thing, a couple months.

Starks

Starter
they need to address this mess soon. Ticket sales are being held hostage until this clears up. Lakers need to showcase their new team before draft night, or else watch risk watching ticket sales stumble since fans won't know who will be a Laker a year from now.

Makes you think though, how would Isaiha handle this if he was Mitch Kupatrick. I think Thomas wouldn't hang on to a player that throws the franchise under a bus.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
We are no closer then we ever were to getting Kobe. Don't believe one creative blog writer. Interesting read but it's not news.

metrocard

Legend
We are no closer then we ever were to getting Kobe. Don't believe one creative blog writer. Interesting read but it's not news.

How about

Marbury
Richardson
Nate
Frye
2009 first round pick

for

Kobe
Vlad
Mo Evans
Brown

Lakers

Marbury/Robinson/Farmar
Richardson/Parker
Odom/Walton
Frye/Cook
Curry/Mihm

Knicks
Collins/?
Kobe/Crawford
Jefferies/Balkman
Lee/Radmonvic
Brown/James

Ehh...I'm not being realstic, you are right though, it does look unreal to obtain Kobe

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Kobe has two advantages over AI...

1. Trade override... Philly did the right thing by AI... but they could have sent him to Atlanta and he wouldn't have been able to say a thing about it...

2. Opt Out clause... after the 08 - 09... Kobe can become an unrestricted free agent (like KG)...

So LA basically HAS to trade Kobe wherever he wants to go... or risk loosing him for nothing in 2 seasons...

if they try to trade him to the best offer... he can veto it...

so if mamba says NY is it... then NY is it... unless Kupchak and Buss want to go down as the duo that lost Shaq AND Kobe... with nothing to show for it but Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown (via the Caron Butler trade) and cap space (Brian Grant's contract)...

"Bucher reports SOME GM's expect a trade to be completed before the draft"

some GM's. do you really think mitch kupcheck is on the level with danny ainge or colangelo or whichever GM said that. If they really believed it, there name would be attached. That's just a writer toyin with you.

I know the lakers haven't discussed trading Kobe because i've read so, in which article i'm not sure of now. Jerry Buss doesn't want to trade Kobe. Phil doesn't want to trade Kobe. Anybody who's been following the situation knows this. I'm not sure about kupcheck but i'm willing to bet he's gonna do what the boss says.

do you really think the lakers are going to rush through trading the best player in the league or take their time and try and find the most value possible?

maybe you should think first bro.

and have you guys heard the reports from nyknicks126's boy Ric Bucher about a new short list: Dallas, Phoenix, and Chicago. Marc Stein mentions it in this article.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=KobeKG-FAQ

The last MVP who didn't make it to the second round of the playoffs was Moses Malone. he was traded the following offseason. I don't think history will repeat in Dirk's case, especially after Cuban's speech when Dirk won the award, but it's interesting. and wouldn't that be the best value the lakers could get? Plus it gives the mavs a chance to rebuild on the fly after their embarrasments the last two years.

nyKnicks126

Well you can look at it from 2 different ways, I listen to John Hollinger. Two different stories is what makes the media. One of these reporters and analysis workers are telling the truth.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
these are the same lakers that traded shaq for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant... there is no way they get equal value... AND NO WAY they trade Kobe to a Western Conference rival...

besides... you think Kobe could pass up the chance to end a championship drougt in the mecca of basketball? the league NEEDS this trade... just look at the ratings from the last finals...

nyKnicks126

these are the same lakers that traded shaq for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant... there is no way they get equal value... AND NO WAY they trade Kobe to a Western Conference rival...

besides... you think Kobe could pass up the chance to end a championship drougt in the mecca of basketball? the league NEEDS this trade... just look at the ratings from the last finals...

I agree 100% with you.

ANd look how fast they traded Shaq away, and all thanks too Kobe. Lakers really only listen to him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Is the Knick Organization ready for a Kobe Bryant? NO!
The Knicks does not have the right people in position to care for half of Kobe Bryant issues.
The Lakers rehired Coach Phil Jackson at the highest Rate in the NBA just for Kobe Bryant.
The Knicks Head Coach decision making made all his WINNING Players come down with a case of season injury as soon as the second half of the season started. When the Knicks Head Coach received an extension in his contract the Knick Players celebrated it by going on the longest losing streak of the season.
Kobe is not a good deal for the Knicks, the Knicks had an entire season to get their team in order so far nothing was accomplished in the 2006-7 season (not in their Backcourt or their frontcourt). The Knick Team and its head coach theory Lack so many important things to be in a WINNING situation in the NBA. Will Kobe Bryant HELP? the answer to that is did Francis & Jalen Rose help?
The Knicks situation is to complicated to manifest because of President/Coach Isiah Thomas and his two main Starters Marbury & Curry who has yet to compliment each other talents in two seasons together.

Here is something to look at, lets say the New Jersey Nets trade Vince Carter and Marcus Williams to the Lakers for Kobe Bryant.
We Know who the LEADERS are on the Nets (Jason Kidd & Richard Jefferson), who will orchestrate Kobe Bryant Role on bothsides of the court whether Kobe like it or not, these two leaders with the assistance of their head coach will have Kobe stock going up for Kobe endorsements.
That could not be said or done if Kobe goes to the Knicks or the Bulls, or most of the teams in the Eastern Conference...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Is the Knick Organization ready for a Kobe Bryant? NO!
The Knicks does not have the right people in position to care for half of Kobe Bryant issues.
The Lakers rehired Coach Phil Jackson at the highest Rate in the NBA just for Kobe Bryant.
The Knicks Head Coach decision making made all his WINNING Players come down with a case of season injury as soon as the second half of the season started. When the Knicks Head Coach received an extension in his contract the Knick Players celebrated it by going on the longest losing streak of the season.
Kobe is not a good deal for the Knicks, the Knicks had an entire season to get their team in order so far nothing was accomplished in the 2006-7 season (not in their Backcourt or their frontcourt). The Knick Team and its head coach theory Lack so many important things to be in a WINNING situation in the NBA. Will Kobe Bryant HELP? the answer to that is did Francis & Jalen Rose help?
The Knicks situation is to complicated to manifest because of President/Coach Isiah Thomas and his two main Starters Marbury & Curry who has yet to compliment each other talents in two seasons together.

Here is something to look at, lets say the New Jersey Nets trade Vince Carter and Marcus Williams to the Lakers for Kobe Bryant.
We Know who the LEADERS are on the Nets (Jason Kidd & Richard Jefferson), who will orchestrate Kobe Bryant Role on bothsides of the court whether Kobe like it or not, these two leaders with the assistance of their head coach will have Kobe stock going up for Kobe endorsements.
That could not be said or done if Kobe goes to the Knicks or the Bulls, or most of the teams in the Eastern Conference...

I am pretty sure you are not comparing Steve Francis and Jalen Rose toKobe Bryant right? Look, for all the naysayers, the fact remains the Knicks would have made the playoffs last year if we didn't suffer through all those key injuries. The knicks improved tremendously last year and I truly see no reason why anyone would think they would continue to improve. Even if the Knicks didn't add the games best player, they would still improve on their 33 wins and make the playoffs. Adding the BEST player in the league, gives them the shot to go to the finals. Yes I said it Finals. The Cavs do not have a team = the Knicks with Kobe on the team. And the fact that Kobe hasn't won anything since Shaq left can not and should not be debated. However, Playing with EC would change those facts.
Asfar as what the Knicks would need to give up, I truly believe they can get Kobe without giving up the farm. I do not believe they will have to part with both Lee and Frye, though I do see them having to give up both Collins and Balkman along with Crawfordand possibly Rose. I didn't run this through the Trade Machine, but I do believe the lakers would have to take this trade. They get young talent who have shown signs of being very effective players in the NBA along with Lee or Frye who both can become special players

Kobe on the Knicks makes sense. IT , make it happen