[NY Post] Free-agent Lewis Loves N.Y.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Free-agent Lewis Loves N.Y.

<!--<table border=1 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 align=center width=97% bordercolor=#000000> <tr><td bgcolor=#cccccc> <table align=center border=0 width=98%> <tr><td>-->New York Post - June 20, 2007 | June, 2007
Good news Knicks fans: Seattle’s Rashard Lewis is indeed a free agent and plans to visit New York for a recruiting trip if Isiah Thomas invites him July 1, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Thomas will make the 6-9 Lewis his top free-agent priority and hopes to wine and dine him, perhaps on James Dolan’s yacht, in July. Lewis was the center of a mini-controversy yesterday, with the report he could lose his free-agent status on a technicality by opting out a few days too early. Though the contract language was hazy on the date, the Sonics aren’t pursuing it.
More..

Trin_Starr

Starter
As long as I have been a knick fan - I always keep reading these types of FA articles in the offseason...
Everyone professes their love for NY only to get some media coverage and drive up their salary expectations

metrocard

Legend
As long as I have been a knick fan - I always keep reading these types of FA articles in the offseason...
Everyone professes their love for NY only to get some media coverage and drive up their salary expectations

True. I'm not even sure if Lewis is the answer to our problems. Does he rebound, defend and pass?

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
he can... but this reaks of grant hill... chris webber... every other free agent ever to hit the market...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
A remember a while ago it was Brian Grant which really got my hopes up. At the time he was a rugged rebounding machine but he quickly fell off. As for Rashard lewis, I dont think hes the answer to the knicks problems. His ability to knock down 3's would help though.

Starks

Starter
yea- I'll pass on the Lewis flyer.

He's got Glen Rice written all over him.

And its just become common offseason protocal to make NYC drive up the price for these players. Enough's enough. remember when Reggie Miller used us?