The Negative Media

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You must really hate Metro's posts if you hate that article. If you put your fandome (I know it's not a word but what ever) a side you may have to consider removing Thomas if he doesn't bring our team to the play off level next season. I really hate to think that way because as a fan (a true fan) I always hope and expect this team to make it to the play offs but that sadly has not been the case. I think this writer has too much faith in the mediocre teams of the easter conference. Philly will suck for at least the next 3 years, Chicago is a disappointment and my bet is they will continue to be unless they make some upgrades, Orlando, still a work in progress. Bottom line the east is wide open. Bottom line, we would have made the playoffs if we didn't have injuries. Now with one more year under this new team's belt, the chemistry margin has increased and the chances of success with this current roster alone have improved. With standing a major meltdown I do not see this team missing the post season next year.

metrocard

Legend
You don't have to suck Isiah's balls to be a true fan.

I want sucess for my team, when I see failure or a bad business move, I'm very out spoken about it.

Who cares what Frank Isola thinks? If you don't like it, then pursue a journalism career and write positive stuff about the Knicks. If not, just make your own blog and promote it all over the net. Thats my suggestion.

Trin_Starr

Starter
that's how it always is with the media.....

they love to HATE NY...
There's nothing much you can do, just choose not to read it.

There's a long list of writers from vescey, isola, doughtery, bill simmons - all haters

The only two who I find very unbiased in their articles is Howard Beck from the NY times and Marc Berman from NY Post.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
that's how it always is with the media.....

they love to HATE NY...
There's nothing much you can do, just choose not to read it.

There's a long list of writers from vescey, isola, doughtery, bill simmons - all haters

The only two who I find very unbiased in their articles is Howard Beck from the NY times and Marc Berman from NY Post.

Co-Sign... Those guys are the only ones I bother to read. THe Mitch Lawerences and Frank Isola's of the world are disgusting . The thing is even when they are good, they media still finds a way to shit on them... Thats how it is in NY i guess

insomniac

Benchwarmer
You must really hate Metro's posts if you hate that article. If you put your fandome (I know it's not a word but what ever) a side you may have to consider removing Thomas if he doesn't bring our team to the play off level next season. I really hate to think that way because as a fan (a true fan) I always hope and expect this team to make it to the play offs but that sadly has not been the case. I think this writer has too much faith in the mediocre teams of the easter conference. Philly will suck for at least the next 3 years, Chicago is a disappointment and my bet is they will continue to be unless they make some upgrades, Orlando, still a work in progress. Bottom line the east is wide open. Bottom line, we would have made the playoffs if we didn't have injuries. Now with one more year under this new team's belt, the chemistry margin has increased and the chances of success with this current roster alone have improved. With standing a major meltdown I do not see this team missing the post season next year.

You don't have to suck Isiah's balls to be a true fan.

I want sucess for my team, when I see failure or a bad business move, I'm very out spoken about it.

Who cares what Frank Isola thinks? If you don't like it, then pursue a journalism career and write positive stuff about the Knicks. If not, just make your own blog and promote it all over the net. Thats my suggestion.

look at the roster and sitiuation pre-isiah.... he walked into a giant mess

the 02 roster is d-scusting!!!!

they guy has been doing a great job drafting... and i kinda belive he really really cares, which is good. cause layden didnt give a shit

donchris

they guy has been doing a great job drafting... and i kinda belive he really really cares, which is good. cause layden didnt give a shit

Isiah made some bad trades. No question. But you are correct and those of us that don't have our heads up our asses can see that he did step into a mess. You typically get the same kind of responses like 'Suck Isiah's balls' or Isiah's ass or some sexually graphic response from our village idiot. Every site has one. But really that's besides the point. You have to wander if Hawks fans constantly bitch about their team and want to trade all key players. At some point a fan's going to root for the home team and stop bitching right?

metrocard

Legend

The 02 team won 37 games though. Isiah's guys only managed 33. (Yes, injuries are apart of sports, but I also believe like you IF we were healthy we would of won a game or two in the playoffs)

He did an okay job drafting. Frye and Nate weren't my favorite picks. Jarett Jack is superior to Nate on terms of playing basketball. Granger, Green and Bynum all stand superiorly talent wise, potential wise and production wise when comparing them to Frye. Imagine Granger or Green at the 3? We wouldn't even be talking about Rashard Lewis, and we would have a better trading piece in those guys rather than Channing Frye. I like the Lee, Balkman(a little too high, but I see potential in him) and Collins pick.

Layden wasn't good. You can compare anyone to Layden to make them look good. Isiah isn't an aware GM. Isiah cares more about PR than anything else. Isiah keeps everything positive so Dolan won't look bad.

Isiah terrible with the free agency. He's just giving away money like it has no value.

2 years $8 mil to Vin Baker
5 years $30 mil to Jerome
5 years $30 mil to Jeffries

It just confuses me we spend that much money on subpar bench players. Jefferies is a good defender, and a balanced player with some flaws, but he's not worth that much money. He's a role PLAYER.

I can't believe we didn't sign Ariza to the MLE, he's doing big things now in Orlando. Instead we sign a career 16 minute per game 30 year old fouling machine to a 5 year deal. Its decisions like that confuses me on what direction we're heading with Isiah. Obviously NO where.

When I look into more and more, I just think Isiah became GM of the Knicks to improve other franchises.

With Chicago, he took their garbage in Crawford and Curry. Sign and trades, he traded away expiring contracts, multiple first round players. Sure, we understand Tyrus Thomas isn't 1/5th the talent Curry is, but we gave Chicago the opportunity to improve as a team and sign key free agents such as Ben Wallace. We took their problems and added more bad contracts to our roster. Now Chicago benefits by having a roster to compete now and in the future, with alot of young prospects, future all stars and flexibility in the cap.

Phoneix? Oh man, Isiah should be credited the MVP award, TWICE. If it wasn't for Thomas, there would be no Nash/D'Antoni. No two peat MVP awards for Steve Nash. You wouldn't see the Suns in the WCF every year. Instead you would see Marbury and Penny burying that franchise with young talents such as Johnson, Barbosa, Amare, Marion not benefiting from the D'Antoni system.

But no, Isiah had to trade every expiring contract he had and 3 draft picks for two of the worst contracts in the NBA, Marbury and Penny's contract. This open everything up for Phoneix. They get enough cap space to sign their franchise player in Steve Nash, and a key role player in Q-Rich. So we took two players who were on the decline with very little value cause of their contract? They get paid to play like all stars, when they produce below the all star level. Phoneix became an elite NBA team after the season they dumped Marbury. Isiah sure does love giving sucess to other franchises and setting the Knicks 5 years back with each move he makes.

Orlando? Well, we did them the biggest favor. We took Francis off their hands, we took another bad contract, and another player with little trade value who's on the decline. Steve Francis isn't the Franchise anymore, he's not all star, but yet Isiah has accepted to pay him like one. We gave Orlando a steal in Ariza. Now Ariza is excelling in Orlando, he's been the best foward in Orlando, out playing Hill, Turk, Battie and Darko. A big young suprise for Orlando. Also because of the Francis trade, Arroyo has gotten minutes and helped Orlando's 2nd unit. Now Orlando has a bench with chemistry, and they are a playoff team now.

Even with drafting, he obviously spots talent easily, he has one of the best eyes for talent in the NBA with his history in Toronto drafting Camby, T-Mac, Stoudamire. But as GM of the Knicks, the only great picks he's made were Lee and Ariza. now Ariza is gone. Robinson was drafted over Jarrett Jack. Fyre was drafted over Bynum. Sean May looks superior to Fyre in every possible way. Granger was one of the best wing players to be drafted in 05', we let him go also. I understand not everyone can't have the PERFECT draft, but nothing never goes our side where it benefits us the most. We drafted a 2nd round pick Balkman over a pass first PG in Marcus Williams, hell even Rudy Fernandez who's been great for Portland, and other talents in the draft such as Rajon Rondo. I love Balkman too, he's my top 3 favorite Knick, but we need a PG of the future, Williams, Rando, and Fernandez would of fit that role perfectly, especially since they are pass first PG's. Why can't we ever get the best our of the situation we're in? WE NEED NEW MANAGEMENT.

I was also displeased with Isiah's deal with the coaches. Brown was totally unprossesional with his job in New York. He did an awful job connecting with the players, and was very stubborn. I can't believe Isiah invited Brown to town anyway. We obviously lacked defensively players. If you looked at the roster we had, anyone with common sense could of seen Brown and that roster would never see eye to eye. From Chaney to Lenny to Herb to Brown to now Isiah...how can we ever build chemsitry when we had 5 different coaches in the last 3 years? Plus you add that with all the trades Isiah make up, its very confusing trying to find out Isiah's logic and his plan. Now with all those shake ups, all we have is a 33 win team in a weak conference?

Isiah has no plan. He has no concept of what kind of team he wants to build or how to put the pieces together. Knicks were at a situation before Isiah came as GM with no hope of winning. He greatly worsened the Knicks salary cap. He tries to rebuild the team, after he REALIZES the team is bad. A GM who just drafted the same players as Isiah and did none of his trades would be 2 years FURTHER ahead in bringing the Knicks back to RESPECTABILITY.

Listen guys, I really understand Isiah can't change past mistakes and stupid trades, but he should be trying to minimize those mistakes by trading them for either shorter contracts or the same length contracts with additional draft picks. Instead he's People complained about Layden's history in New York, but imagine Isiah hasn't made all that trades. If he hadn't done anything, we would alot of cap space this summer, plus all our youth. Hell, we would be in the draft this season and have a shot at Oden. Isiah is the ass of the most people's jokes these days, NYC media, ESPN, the guys on TNT. This results for the lack of respect for the Knicks franchise which I disapprove of.

I'm not even going to blame ALL OF this on Isiah, I realize Isiah isn't the only guy at the front office, I have beef with Cablevision/Dolan.

Isiah has had 3 years to get under the salary cap, he had the CHANCE to get under the cap, but he refused to go that direction, instead he went BACKWARDS. Now it is 2007, and we have a lot of steps to take to get back to our glory days.

“I know what it’s like to have a team here that’s successful and how the city rallies around it,” he said. “So I was very interested. And if they had more cap flexibility, it’d definitely be a place where I would end up. I might have picked the Knicks.” - Koye Bryant

Isiah made some bad trades.

Isiah has made alot of bad trades and signings, not some. Stop sucking him already.

donchris

The more you post the more you sound like a complete idiot. It's strange because as I'm reading you start off making sense then your post take a turn for the worse. Now you say Crawford and Curry are trash players. What planet are you from? Are you aware that lead base paint is harmful to children? This comment along reveals your stupidity. Get off Isiah's nuts. You turn every post into a time to bash the coach and the players you don't like. We all get you don't like Zek. Great now get over it and post something constructive and please try to think before you type.

With Chicago, he took their garbage in Crawford and Curry. Sign and trades, he traded away expiring contracts, multiple first round players. Sure, we understand Tyrus Thomas isn't 1/5th the talent Curry is, but we gave Chicago the opportunity to improve as a team and sign key free agents such as Ben Wallace. We took their problems and added more bad contracts to our roster.

Are you really mad that Chicago got Ben Wallace? Who gives a shit! They still got their asses handed to them in a week east.

Oh man, Isiah should be credited the MVP award, TWICE. If it wasn't for Thomas, there would be no Nash/D'Antoni. No two peat MVP awards for Steve Nash

See, comments like this are why I call you the village idiot. So in what way exactly did trading Thomas trade for Marbury allow Phoenix to get Nash? Nash was not apart of that trade. Marbury had trade value at that time. You even said your self that he's a good all around player. So in your view Phoenix is not credited with signing Nash Thomas is? Don't bother explaining I can see your partial logic but one way or another Marbury was going to be traded from Phoenix. So if he went else where and Phoenix still got Nash would it be that GM's fault as well? Of course not.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Great post metro.

IMO, the mistake Isiah made was not deciding right from the start whether he should gut the whole team and go young with a long term plan or try to add older quality players and become a playoff team right away.

So we wound up getting a mish mosh of young prospects and bad contracts through his various trades.

He should have gone young right from the start and simply told the NY Press and fans that it was going to be 5 year process of rebuilding to contend for it all.

We would be in a much better position now.

The one thing I think we can only partially blame on Thomas is the Ariza deal. Larry Brown is a complete moron and the most overrated coach and judge of talent in the history of the NBA. Any dumbass could have won with some of the teams he has had. LB was so worried about doing well quickly, he forced the Ariza/Francis swap and screwed the Knicks up royally in multiple ways. How could he not tell that Ariza was a good prospect and Francis was shot and overpaid? You'd have to be an asshole...and he is!

The absolute key for the Knicks now is not to panic and give away any of their young prospects for some slightly past peak player that will improve us a bit in the short term but never get us to the top of the mountain.

In two years, lots of money goes off the payroll and we can bid for a bonafide star to fill out the roster. In the mean time, we can continue developing Curry, Lee, Collins, Balkman, and Frye. With a decent draft pick here or there we should have a very good team in 2 years. If we happen to miss the playoffs again next year, big deal. We'll get a lottery pick and that will enable us to fill out the team further and still have a shot at buying a star in a couple of years. If we make the playoffs, it means our core is developing nicely.

The only deal that makes sense is for a relatively young player (mid 20s) that will improve the team now and still be at his peak in 2-3 years when the rest of the team core is also peaking. I could see giving up Frye IF (and only IF) you think his sophmore year was a true indication of his talent, but you better be sure because at the end of his rookie year he looked like a potential star. He did have some injuries early last year.

Overall I give Isiah a C+ or B- and Larry Brown and F-. He set us back one year in development and several years strategically.

metrocard

Legend
Don's garbage rant isn't worth any of my thought, so I'll read a post of a poster with credibility.

The only thing I'll say to shut him down again is that, Isiah gave cap space for Phoneix to sign Nash.

Great post metro.

IMO, the mistake Isiah made was not deciding right from the start whether he should gut the whole team and go young with a long term plan or try to add older quality players and become a playoff team right away.

So we wound up getting a mish mosh of young prospects and bad contracts through his various trades.

He should have gone young right from the start and simply told the NY Press and fans that it was going to be 5 year process of rebuilding to contend for it all.

We would be in a much better position now.

The one thing I think we can only partially blame on Thomas is the Ariza deal. Larry Brown is a complete moron and the most overrated coach and judge of talent in the history of the NBA. Any dumbass could have won with some of the teams he has had. LB was so worried about doing well quickly, he forced the Ariza/Francis swap and screwed the Knicks up royally in multiple ways. How could he not tell that Ariza was a good prospect and Francis was shot and overpaid? You'd have to be an asshole...and he is!

The absolute key for the Knicks now is not to panic and give away any of their young prospects for some slightly past peak player that will improve us a bit in the short term but never get us to the top of the mountain.

In two years, lots of money goes off the payroll and we can bid for a bonafide star to fill out the roster. In the mean time, we can continue developing Curry, Lee, Collins, Balkman, and Frye. With a decent draft pick here or there we should have a very good team in 2 years. If we happen to miss the playoffs again next year, big deal. We'll get a lottery pick and that will enable us to fill out the team further and still have a shot at buying a star in a couple of years. If we make the playoffs, it means our core is developing nicely.

The only deal that makes sense is for a relatively young player (mid 20s) that will improve the team now and still be at his peak in 2-3 years when the rest of the team core is also peaking. I could see giving up Frye IF (and only IF) you think his sophmore year was a true indication of his talent, but you better be sure because at the end of his rookie year he looked like a potential star. He did have some injuries early last year.

Overall I give Isiah a C+ or B- and Larry Brown and F-. He set us back one year in development and several years strategically.

Thanks.

I agree, in two years time, Balkman, Lee, and Curry should be entering their prime and be a productive frontcourt.

I like how you see it, we're stuck under the cap till 09, so we really have nothing to lose, unless Isiah trades expiring contracts. Till 2009, we should let our young guys develop and gain NBA experience. By 2009, we'll have cap flexibility and more options on our side.

With what I bolded is a key point. Those type of moves has set us back a couple of years, and I'm glad that key point connects with my key point I made in my previous post. Isiah made a cycle of covering up his mistakes and it go to him.

Isiah has an amazing eye for talent, one of the best in the NBA. But if he would have gone the direction knicklover said Isiah should of went...we would be in a great position. I do not need to explain anymore, knick lover finished the idea. Good job.

Starks

Starter
Admit it people if it wasn't for donchris and metrocard, we wouldn't visit this site. lol i luv u guys = )