Marc Stein has Zero Credibility

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Marc Stein has Zero Credibility. In his most recent article on ESPN Stein suggested that Garnett would be traded to ether Boston or Phoenix. This assumption is loosely based on recent talks that Danny Angie (Boston Celtics) had with the T-wolves front office and that according to Stein, Garnett and Nash have become friends from years of playing side by side in the all-star games. Where the article takes a horrible turn is when Stein suggests that Phoenix would use Marion as a bargaining chip for Garnet and that some how a Nash, Stoudemire, Garnet line up would coexist. At this point in my reading I realized that I had been duped. The first half of the story is all about Kobe, but keep in mind, there is no new news on Kobe. Stein offers nothing new. What Stein does know but didn't mention is that teams rarely trade their stars with in their same conference. That fact pisses all over Steins Phoenix scenario. This is another weak attempt to create news where there is non. This entire article could have been a paragraph long. (A small paragraph) No new news on Kobe, Lakers don't want to trade him, Angie talks to Wolfs about Garnett. End of story. But Mark couldn't do that. Mark the Magician is an expert in spin. The title suggests that there is actually a story here worth reading but there isn't. No news is no news Stein. Garnett may not be going to NY but he's not going to Phoenix or Boston ether. Angie would be coach of the year if he could pull that off.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=KobeKG-FAQ

Last edited:

d2319

Benchwarmer
They are a lot of people saying that he could go to Boston. Also with Kobe's situation, I have been hereing more and more of him going to the Bulls. :( That IS BULL****! L.O.L.

donchris

Jesus you again with the Tim Thomas thing. How many times do I have to tell you Tim Thomas is a BUM! Stay on topic. I was calling Marc Stein a useless reporter.

Last edited by a moderator:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing KG in a celtic uniform would make me throw-up. Fortunatelly, the rumor has been denied by Garnett's agent.
Despite apparent momentum in talks between the Celtics and Timberwolves for a trade involving Kevin Garnett, the man responsible for keeping the Minnesota All-Star happy doesn’t believe he has a future in Boston.
“At this point I don’t believe it will go anywhere,” agent Andy Miller said yesterday. “It won’t happen in Boston as far as my side of the equation is concerned.”
Miller declined to indicate whether Garnett is against the idea of playing in Boston, saying, “There are a variety of reasons I don’t want to get into.” Many believe Garnett would like to join Steve Nash in Phoenix, and Miller is trying to make that happen now with his tough stance. The most prohibitive aspect of a Garnett trade would involve his contract - the most expensive in the league.

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1007676

d2319

Benchwarmer
Watch your tone!

Jesus you again with the Tim Thomas thing. How many times do I have to tell you Tim Thomas is a BUM! Stay on topic. I was calling Marc Stein a useless reporter.

Firt of all I will always have that question! Second he is not a bum and who are you to judge? When last have you played in the N.B.A.? Let me think....................................NEVER SO S.T.F.U.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
calm down there, don't turn this thread into another flame. stick on topic both.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
That was a great fight. I wanted Zab to win but Cotto I gotta give him his credit, hes a very solid fighter who has a good chin. I look forward to seein him fight again, but back to the Knicks....what were we talkin about? oh yea, Tim thomas. That guys a bum. Does he still even play? Someone told me he was in the NBDL.

donchris

Jesus d2319 you are a cancer to this website. Thank you for turning my thread into a debate on Tim Thomas' lack of heart and complete uselessness. Ah, I basically ranted on how Marc Stein and ESPN are becoming a rumor site full of no or disinformation. My goal was to once again start a spirited debate (haha) with my fellow posters and knicks fans. I like that, spirited debate.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
fyi doncrhis you started this argument because the tim thomas thing is on the bottom profile thing....he didnt write that (i dont think)