Zach Randolph A Knick

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Last night at the NBA draft Isiah Thomas sent malcontent Steve Francis packing along with Channing Frye for Zach Randolph 23.6PPG 10.1 RPG, Fred Jones, Dan Dickau and The Rights to Demetris Nichols (Drafted last night by Portland at 53) which means non-guaranteed money to the Knicks. Here's a little more on Nichols.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=610

All in all, if the new front court that is an avg age of 24.8 minus Malik Rose and Jerome James. That keeps us young and in the thick of things in the East for a while. If the Knicks play good team defense, we will contend next year.

With Marbury and Mardy running the point next year, Nate May be the odd man out. Isiah's not done his overhauling yet.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I hope he's not, cuz Zach Randolph at PF is not answering any of the NEEDS of the Knicks. and getting two Small Fowards isn't answering anything either... As it stands right now, and things could change, but as it stands right now, Isiah did a real shit job. And i'm not saying that the two college guys the knicks got will not be good. I'm saying the Knicks needed to draft on a Needs basis, they didn't get better tonight.. unless they make another trade

d2319

Benchwarmer
Only Big Trade This Summer.....

I think this will be the only big trade for the Knicks this summer which is great! We will probably make little deals later on. The Knick fans seem happy on draft night for the trade and for the draft choice!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You have to realize walking into the draft that we werent going to resolve all our needs with one draft pick. We've definitely gotten better by getting randolph for just frye and francis. And we drafted a guy who can contribute to the game without scoring the ball. Isiah pulls off another W in my book...

d2319

Benchwarmer
I liked this whole draft over all. Portland was beasting with the trades and buying everyones picks! L.O.L. But I have to say they may have some games on ABC or ESPN or whatever. Who expected the Knicks to do this? L.O.L. I was shocked when I heard it!

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I said a couple months back the Knicks may examine bringing in Randolph. I was opposed at first, but the I realizedteams will have to pick their posion. Either Curry, Z-Bo or Marbury. The Knicks can essentially generate 52-60 points with there "Big 3". Again, defense will be a question, but it has to be played on a team level, rather than a group of individuals (That was a big problem last year). As well, by my count the Knicks have 16 roster players, 6million in expiring contracts with Jones and Dickau. There will be more moves to come, we can all agree on that.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Randolph was I guy that I suggested trading for over a year now; and if it wasn't for his off the court behavior, his talent alone would have made him untouchable for Isiah. The Nets, Bulls and wolves all were trying to trade for him but wouldn't give up the key players that Portland wanted and they did NOT want a big salary back. I'm sad to see Frye go, I am curious to see how he develops! I like Randolph, I think he is talented beyond what his game shows; I think he will get better and if you think about it we did get alot back for Frye (that basically was the trade). Portland is said to be buying out Frances's contract before the season starts and Houston is going to snatch him up for the minimal. I also think Isiah is going to make another move (small one) to address another need. I still wish he would have pulled off the O'Neil block buster trade, but Randolph is a proven player with great numbers. No we will see how he will fit into the roster. I still think the one need that Isiah needs to address is the back court D.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
We also gave them a 2008 second round pick Demetris Nichols 53 pick overall. Zach Randolph is a scorer, he will help us a lot. My question is why was that package added a additional 2nd round pick to Portland and Demetris Nichols to the Knicks. The only player I fell bad in trading is Frye, but he had his chance this year to show us got hes got, David Lee is the man. Did you guys here Spike saying on national TV Isiah Thomas knows what he is doing, maybe this is the first time the knicks made a solid trade that worked out for them.

Last edited: