Chemistry!!!!

FameMos

Benchwarmer
At the end of the day what do all the 'GREAT' basketball teams have???? I don't have 2 tell u, I think it's pretty obvious. Now ask yaselves, does this current Knicks squad have good Chemistry?? The answer is NO. Can we make a couple deals 2 get the chemistry that is needed 4 us 2 be a successful squad?? The answer is YES. Here's what u do. Crawford, Curry, both JJ's 2 Denver 4 Camby, Jr Smith and KMart (maybe a cond. draft pick.) Then holla @ SEA. Q Rich, Rose, a contract and a pick 4 Lewis

Marbury(Can do it all)
Smith(Pentetrate and Shoot)
Lewis(Shooter)
Randolph(Inside Scorer and Reb)
Camby(20Ft. J and D)
(VERY BALANCED OFFENSE)

Bench

Nate(Scorer)
Collins(Distribute and D)
Balkman(D and Hustle)
Lee(Hustle and Reb)
KMart(Scorer Hustle and D)
(FASTBREAK WAITING 2 HAPPEN)

Not 2 mention we still have Morris and the 2 rookies so we'd still have more trade options if we needed 2 make another move or give more up 2 get the players we needed.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Dont you remember the brawl early last season man? or did you forget already? Jr. Smith was in a fight with Nate, Come on man think a lil. K Mart is injuried all the time.... Q rich + Rose for Lewis WILL NOT work.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
O ur gonna tell me that bcuz Nate and Jr had a TINY scuffle last season that they can't play on the same team??? Teamates have fights all the time and it wasn't even that big of a deal......KMart: I'd rather have Kmart 4 I believe the next 4 seasons than the 2 JJ's we currantly have. So what if he's injury prone. We still have depth on our roster and he'd probably avg 20 EFFECTIVE mins a game so I don't see the big prob there.......And we can get Lewis if we gave SEA a 1st rounder and a couple of players (IMO). It ain't like we don't have enuff youth on our team already.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Crawford, Curry, both JJ's 2 Denver 4 Camby, Jr Smith and KMart (maybe a cond. draft pick.) Then holla @ SEA. Q Rich, Rose, a contract and a pick 4 Lewis

so crawford (27), Curry (24), Jeffries (27) and James (32) to Denver for Camby (33), Smith (20?), KMart (31) is a good deal?

Camby is all hustle for sure and would be effective... but with 3 years left on a $10+ million dollar contract... he'll be out of his prime and less effective VERY soon... if you watched the playoffs... you'll see that JR Smith is far too immature to bring in... sure he can score... but he reminds me of nate a little too much... he's hard headed, flashy and doesn't play D... and K-Mart's $10+ million a year... with two bum knees... and an uncoachable guy... i'd rather keep jj20 and jj13 thank you very much (never thought i'd say that)... at least those cats aren't locker room cancers... KMart got into it with Mourning in NJ and can't get along with Karl now... the guy is too expensive and too fragile to be worth it... this trade would set us back about 4 years in our rebuilding process... i don't get how bringing in two known locker room cancers (smith and martin) improves our chemistry...

seattle wouldn't take q-rich... since they already have green and durant at the 3... they would be more interested in getting crawford and rose than q-rich and rose... it just makes sense since they already traded ray allen and his two bad ankles to boston...

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I don't know about yall but i'm tryna make moves 2 get those players. So what if Camby is 33 and will be I think 36 at the end of his contract (Like we don't have enuff youth on our roster). I don't care if KMart has issues with his 'CURRENT' coach (where was this prob in NJ?) And as far as the knee probs, I'd much rather take a injury prone K Mart than those 2 bums riding the bench. If K Mart gets injured it's not like we don't have guys who could play in his absence. And as far as JR, he plays as much defense as Crawford so I don't see the problem there (since no1 here wants 2 get rid of Crawford) All this means is maybe we won't have 2 give up so much 2 get these players. We might just be able 2 get them 4 Curry, Rose and both JJ's (since Camby, K Mart and Smith have so little value) This would make it that much easier 2 get Lewis from Sea.

Last edited:

FameMos

Benchwarmer
And as far as 'rebuilding' I thought we were planning on making the playoffs next season so this rebuilding crap that ere1 is talking about needs 2 stop. This looks 2 be our 'rebuilt team' :barf: which is hilarious when u look @ it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wazup FameMos, your Thread on "Chemistry" is the number one cure for this Knick Team to become a Postseason Team. However ....
Chemistry come from the "Head-Coach" and starts with the PG in B-BALL.
The Best Chemistry 5-Players the Knicks had on the court for the last two seasons was C-Frye, PF-Lee, SF-Q.Rich, SG-Crawford, and PG-Nate.
All 5-Players communicated on both sides of the court, plus they did something extra after a mistake rather than get upset with each other.

The Knicks have NO Offense/Defense-System inwhich they can rely on when their oposition goes into a Defensive-Zone or get an offensive rebound (The Knick Players look Lost for 40 minutes of each game because there is NO-System they could automatically go into where each player rush to cover a position even if it means 5.9 Nate have to cover the center position untill backup arrive.). That is the Head Coach Job!
Chemistry looks great when the Head Coach and seven players are "ALL" on the "SAME-PAGE". They do not have to be Star Players, just players that stay on the same communication line.
Since Coach Red Holzman in the 1970's the Knicks were always on the same page in defense. Knick Fans used to be upset mostly on the Knicks and their oponents running up and down the court without scoring several times which meant the Knicks were only giving their oponents one shot and a difficult shot at that. Same Page DEFENSE.

Now this Denver Trade situation should say alot of things about "Chemistry". Why?
Three reasons why, Camby, K-Mart, and Marbury.
Marbury has never been a TEAM-PLAYER that follows the Same-Page Chemistry for any of the teams he played for since High School.
It was the First Pick of the Draft Rookie Kenyon Martin who had Marbury traded off the Nets after playing just one season with him.
Kenyon Martin was known in the NCAA as being another Top Team-Player since Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.
Kenyon Martin had Marbury traded for Jason Kidd, inwhich Jason Kidd had his BEST Career Season in the NBA his first season with Kenyon Martin. Which lead the Nets to 3-consecutive NBA FINALS.
Camby & K-Mart are two of the same products, both are NBA PF that can play relentless Defense in the C/F-Position with a dynamic passing game with talented skillz in a running fastbreak.
However, K-Mart is a TEAM-LEADER who is known for coaching his teammates position while on the court, inwhich Nene & Camby did not like him doing to them (Denver was a very young Team), plus K-Mart was always screaming at that BUM SLOW PG that Denver had and traded to Philly for Iverson.

I would not recommend Camby and Knick Owner Dolan, plus Marbury & K-Mart be in the same room longer than 30 seconds without getting into a serious altercation.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Denver Nuggets have the 2nd Best Roster in the NBA if they ALL could just get along. I never was a Fan of Denver Coach while on the Bucks, he is way to old-school for Denver Young Roster and always cause too many conflict amongst his players.
The Super players on Denver Roster starts with C/F-Camby, C/F-K-Mart, C/F-Nene (Let these three-Players rotate the majority of the playingtime at the C/F-position), SF-Carmelo, SG-Smith, PG/SG/SF-Julius Hodges, and Super-Star PG/SG-Iverson.

The Denver Nuggets been having Bad-Luck each Postseason since the arrival of Carmelo Anthony, because their first round oponents always be the San Antonio Spurs.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Kiyaman, I strongly respect your opinions and views. All your post seem 2 be well thought out and you make a lot of valid points. But both of us know, that in order 4 the Knicks 2 come even close 2 becoming a 'championship' caliber team, we HAVE 2 make a few trades this offseason.

At the end of the day what do all the 'GREAT' basketball teams have???? I don't have 2 tell u, I think it's pretty obvious. Now ask yaselves, does this current Knicks squad have good Chemistry?? The answer is NO. Can we make a couple deals 2 get the chemistry that is needed 4 us 2 be a successful squad?? The answer is YES. Here's what u do. Crawford, Curry, both JJ's 2 Denver 4 Camby, Jr Smith and KMart (maybe a cond. draft pick.) Then holla @ SEA. Q Rich, Rose, a contract and a pick 4 Lewis

Marbury(Can do it all)
Smith(Pentetrate and Shoot)
Lewis(Shooter)
Randolph(Inside Scorer and Reb)
Camby(20Ft. J and D)
(VERY BALANCED OFFENSE)

Bench

Nate(Scorer)
Collins(Distribute and D)
Balkman(D and Hustle)
Lee(Hustle and Reb)
KMart(Scorer Hustle and D)
(FASTBREAK WAITING 2 HAPPEN)

Not 2 mention we still have Morris and the 2 rookies so we'd still have more trade options if we needed 2 make another move or give more up 2 get the players we needed.

No disrespect...but are you serious, first off that would imply that Denver has almost perfect Chemistry themselves, which is certainley not the case. Plus that proposed trade would make last years cap situation seem like the Bulls cap situation! Smith isn't exactly a player who I would say brings chemistry to a line up, I mean he can score, and he can make some nice dunks, but so can Nate. Kenyon Martin is to the Nuggets what Steve Francis was to us, so if we were to take him on I'd think we would deserve all the cheap shots soon to follow. I mean really K Mart is making too much money to be the 4th man off the bench. I agree this squad needs chemistry, but that's not the lineup

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
To me allot of this sounds about as realistic as Kobe coming to NY. Curry is not going to be traded and Camby is not going to be traded. Camby is a proven center while Curry is still a work in progress. I'm not sure the Knicks need chemistry because they already have chemistry. We saw an improvement last season. We saw guys that want to play and want to win. If we don't make another trade this summer the Knicks are still in a position to make a play off run. Most of us believed they were in a position to make a run before we got Randolph. We're on the right track.

metrocard

Legend
I'm not sure

We know you're not sure.

Knicks finished one of the worst in the NBA in terms of turnovers and mistakes, and had one of the worst records, in a weak conference. Thats not good enough chemistry. You're not understanding Kiyaman's post too well, he meant Knicks to establish a core group of players, build off that with complimentary players with intangibles.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Wazup FameMos, your Thread on "Chemistry" is the number one cure for this Knick Team to become a Postseason Team. However ....
Chemistry come from the "Head-Coach" and starts with the PG in B-BALL.
The Best Chemistry 5-Players the Knicks had on the court for the last two seasons was C-Frye, PF-Lee, SF-Q.Rich, SG-Crawford, and PG-Nate.
All 5-Players communicated on both sides of the court, plus they did something extra after a mistake rather than get upset with each other.

if this is the "best chemistry they had the last 2 seasons... why did their win streak kick off when they ran with steph, craw, dlee, frye and curry, with balkman providing minutes off the bench... i think you glorify our young guys waay to much here... I agree that IT needs to tighten up his rotation to a solid 10 guys (like portland earlier this decade)... but these cats were not our best rotation... not by a long shot... we performed best when lee, crawford, curry and steph play together...

The Knicks have NO Offense/Defense-System inwhich they can rely on when their oposition goes into a Defensive-Zone or get an offensive rebound (The Knick Players look Lost for 40 minutes of each game because there is NO-System they could automatically go into where each player rush to cover a position even if it means 5.9 Nate have to cover the center position untill backup arrive.). That is the Head Coach Job!
Chemistry looks great when the Head Coach and seven players are "ALL" on the "SAME-PAGE". They do not have to be Star Players, just players that stay on the same communication line.
Since Coach Red Holzman in the 1970's the Knicks were always on the same page in defense. Knick Fans used to be upset mostly on the Knicks and their oponents running up and down the court without scoring several times which meant the Knicks were only giving their oponents one shot and a difficult shot at that. Same Page DEFENSE.

you're right about the old knick teams... but our current squad is getting there with their hustle and effort night after night... don't shit on them cuz you have an infatuation with our youth...

Now this Denver Trade situation should say alot of things about "Chemistry". Why?
Three reasons why, Camby, K-Mart, and Marbury.
Marbury has never been a TEAM-PLAYER that follows the Same-Page Chemistry for any of the teams he played for since High School.
It was the First Pick of the Draft Rookie Kenyon Martin who had Marbury traded off the Nets after playing just one season with him.
Kenyon Martin was known in the NCAA as being another Top Team-Player since Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.
Kenyon Martin had Marbury traded for Jason Kidd, inwhich Jason Kidd had his BEST Career Season in the NBA his first season with Kenyon Martin. Which lead the Nets to 3-consecutive NBA FINALS.
Camby & K-Mart are two of the same products, both are NBA PF that can play relentless Defense in the C/F-Position with a dynamic passing game with talented skillz in a running fastbreak.
However, K-Mart is a TEAM-LEADER who is known for coaching his teammates position while on the court, inwhich Nene & Camby did not like him doing to them (Denver was a very young Team), plus K-Mart was always screaming at that BUM SLOW PG that Denver had and traded to Philly for Iverson.

I would not recommend Camby and Knick Owner Dolan, plus Marbury & K-Mart be in the same room longer than 30 seconds without getting into a serious altercation.

i agree about the chemistry thing and that the trade would be a bad idea... but this is the part of your quote that you lose me...

before this season and last... steph was the only player since big o to average 20 and 8 for a career... he was a team player in minny and phoenix before he got traded from their... he was traded in nj cuz he played with a starting lineup of johnny newman, aaron williams, jamie feik, kenyon martin... kittles, van horn and jason williams were hurt the majority of his two seasons there... steph was bumed playing with this squad... just like any star would be... he wasn't traded because kenyon martin said so... he thought van horn and kittles were pussies and he wore his discontent on his sneakers (literally, remember those ALL ALONE tags he would put on his kicks?)... martin was not touted as the next larry bird or magic johnson... he was simply the best player available in a weak draft class... mike miller won ROY averaging 11 ppg... kmart looked better than he really was running alongside jkidd (who doesn't?) who led the nets to 2 not 3 btw...

kmart was never a team leader... yes... he screams and shouts (and i loved him in NJ)... but he was a guy that looked really good playing alongside jkidd... never showed up in big games... and pointed the finger at his teammates for doing the same... he might run and jump like camby... but he is a better on the ball defender than marcus and camby is a better help defender and rebounder... camby makes a lot of points from offensive putbacks... kmart cannot operate in that system...

and as much of an ass as george karl is (players hated him in milwaukee too)... kmart almost got into a fight with mourning when they were in nj...

good post... but don't overgeneralize so much...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I don't know about yall but i'm tryna make moves 2 get those players. So what if Camby is 33 and will be I think 36 at the end of his contract (Like we don't have enuff youth on our roster). I don't care if KMart has issues with his 'CURRENT' coach (where was this prob in NJ?) And as far as the knee probs, I'd much rather take a injury prone K Mart than those 2 bums riding the bench. If K Mart gets injured it's not like we don't have guys who could play in his absence. And as far as JR, he plays as much defense as Crawford so I don't see the problem there (since no1 here wants 2 get rid of Crawford) All this means is maybe we won't have 2 give up so much 2 get these players. We might just be able 2 get them 4 Curry, Rose and both JJ's (since Camby, K Mart and Smith have so little value) This would make it that much easier 2 get Lewis from Sea.

since i addressed everything else from here in my response to Kiyaman... i will say that Crawford is a better offensive facilitator than Smith... sure... they both take shitty shots... both play poor D... but Crawford knows what it takes to motivate curry and get the best out of him... Smith has shown an ability to improve nothing but his scoring average...

Kiyaman

Legend
Wazup Shairan, I must admitt I did over-generalize alot mainly on the sake of Marbury weakness of being a Teammate.

Marbury past career shows how Starbury motivated some great PF in the league to only dissapoint them later as their (Leader) teammate.
Marbury had KG as a teammate,
K-Mart as a Teammate,
Amare as a Teammate,
and Frye & Lee as a teammate.
All of these PF were athletically Rookie of the Year with their Performances. David Lee was the TOP candidate for 6th Man of the year award untill the injury (Plus the Knicks had 4-good Rookies "Frye, Lee, Nate, and Butler" if given the right amount of decent playingtime as a 2nd Unit could've been a controversy with Chris Paul in the ROY award).
K-Mart had the Rookie of the year award in his pocket untill injuries plagued him after the ALL-Star break.
The biggest thing that bothered me the most was the Phoenix Suns Roster of Starbury, Joe Johnson, Marion, and Rookie of the year Amare, when they took the first two games in the first round against the Championship Spurs but lost the series. At the Start of the Phoenix Suns next season this promising Playoff team started with consecutive Loses after consecutive loses with an upset Lockerroom all pointing towards Marbury, and the Head Coach took the blame and was FIRED which a week later PF-Amare Stoudemire catch a mysterious injury where he could not play ball untill after the weeks of conformation that the trade of Marbury to the Knicks were confirmed after all the physicals done to Mcdyess.
Here is the Kicker of it all:
The year after Marbury was traded the 2nd BEST Chemistry team in the NBA was Formed using Players Amare Stoudemire, Marion, and Joe Johnson with a new PG named Steve Nash.
The Number One (#1) Team Chemistry in the NBA was the Nets PG-Kidd, SG-Kittles, SF-Van Horn, and PF-K-Mart, the year after Marbury was traded.

This POST is about CHEMISTRY right???

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Here's a quick chemistry lesson.

Robinson = Coal
Randolph = Sulfur
Artest = Potassium Nitrate

Coal + Sulfur + Potassium Nitrate = Dynamite

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Kiyaman... you're right about what happened with the suns and nets after steph got traded... but you also have to remember that those teams also added pieces that Marbury didn't enjoy while he was there...
the nets drafted RJ and Kittles and KVH were healthy for the first time in years AFTER kidd arrived...
the suns signed Mike D'Antoni that same offseason and added free agent qrich as well...

yeah... chemistry improved... but those teams changed after steph left... chemistry improved but so did coaching and roster composition...