Trade Marbury

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I think in order for the KNICKS to win we need more of a pass first point guard on the roster. I am not saying we need one that cannot score or drive...but I think we should try to move Marbury to get Mike Bibby....

Ya'lls thoughts?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think we have a pass first point guard in Marbury. All that "he's selfish" stuff is old. Stephen A Smith is a nutjob. No one listens to him for his basketball knowledge. We listen to him for his loud mouth entertainment. Back on topic. Marbury's got a bum rap and has for a while in my view. Even in his so called selfish years he still averaged 7-8 assists. These same critics will tell you that the numbers don't lie so which one is it? I'm not oppose to trading any one for the right player and in my opinion Bibby is not a better PG then Marbury. If you were to say Billips or Barren Davis that would be a different story. Lastly, we need a pg that knows this team and right now that is Marbury.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
how u say the knicks need a pass first PG and then come up wit bibby???
well anyway, i dont know how this team would have the heart to trade marbury, he's done alot for the city of NY

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
we would have to do a sign and trade for either and billups is more of a passer but arenas would fit in horribly with our offense. you think he wants to feed the ball down low or juts chuck up shots?

metrocard

Legend
Marbury > Billups. Billups isn't a pass first PG, he's been a chucker all his career. Marbury defense and team play is improving. Give Marbury two-three years to see a complete matured PG.

I see Marbury average 15 and 9 this season.

Marbury's skillz will start 2 decline in 2-3yrs :2cents:

In two years Marbury probably won't be as explosive yes, which probably means he'll pass more, we've seen that if motivated he can play D. Plus Steph is still the heart and soul of this team, I would hate to see us win w/ out him

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
In two years Marbury probably won't be as explosive yes, which probably means he'll pass more, we've seen that if motivated he can play D. Plus Steph is still the heart and soul of this team, I would hate to see us win w/ out him

Fuck Zach Randolph!!
I am not advocating the Knicks trade Marbury,I actually believe he is getting better year by year and will continue to do so. But I couldn't say I would hate to see us win without him. I mean... I would hate to see them win without Ewing, and Oak and Starks and Van Gundy... But that's done, anyone that the knicks bring in and they bring us a championship I don't care who's on the team or not I will be happy, SHIT, even if it's friggin Randolph
As it stands now, truely, there are no true knicks. The closest though would be Marbury and the funny thing, to me at least, the second person would be Artest and he's not even a Knick... but that's just me

the real question is how much do we re-sighn him for after next season, I mean as much as I like him, I doubt he gets a max deal, and our payroll will be around 58 mill, nearly 80 mill less than last season, so how much are willing to invest in Steph at Thirty plus? I'd say anywhere between 7-10 million per. What's do yall think?

Starks

Starter
the real question is how much do we re-sighn him for after next season, I mean as much as I like him, I doubt he gets a max deal, and our payroll will be around 58 mill, nearly 80 mill less than last season, so how much are willing to invest in Steph at Thirty plus? I'd say anywhere between 7-10 million per. What's do yall think?

I say let him loose. He'll test the market to see what kind of value he has- and when no team shows him any respect, we'll sign him then to a 3 year deal around 25 mil in total.

By that time, we'll find our selves a classic point guard hopefully. And Shooting Guards come an go these days as it is, so it isnt an issue if he doesn't want to settle for what we offer him.

Nothing personal- just business

FameMos

Benchwarmer
I don't expect the Knicks 2 resign Marbury. He'll be 33 I think and if they do sign him they shouldn't give him no more than 10mill per.

KOWIE

Rookie
marbury avg 12.5 shots per game last season.....lowest of his career.

i think hes trying to do what IT wants form him, but thats not what his game is. his game is getting the ball in the hoop....not distribution. if they could pull something off that could get a defensive minded PG whos a solid passer id like to see marbury get moved....

nyk_nyk

All Star
I can see that Marbury is getting better at the team game concept. He had a really solid year and produced when they most needed it. The Knicks shouldn't even entertain trading Marbury at this point. He is familiar with his teammates now and at this point will do whatever is needed to win.

The only past first point guards in the league are:

Nash, Kidd, Paul, Derron Williams

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Some of you should get a license to post. Why would you even entertain trading a player that is performing well? There is no logic in trading Marbury. We're not arguing about his potential like we do with Curry. Marbury is a proven PG and knows the offense of the team. Not to mention that he can score if all else fails. Here are the guys that should be dangled in trades:

Jeffries
Richardson
Crawford
James- If you can sell him
Robinson
Jones
Dickau
and Rose

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Brevin Knight is a pass first point guard as well. However, I think Marbury will end his career as a Knick. I think he knows he made enough money to be okay. As well, he'll give the team the hometown discount to stay. He'll get in my estimation, a 3 deal from 15-21 Mil. to wrap things up as a Knick.

KOWIE

Rookie
Brevin Knight is a pass first point guard as well. However, I think Marbury will end his career as a Knick. I think he knows he made enough money to be okay. As well, he'll give the team the hometown discount to stay. He'll get in my estimation, a 3 deal from 15-21 Mil. to wrap things up as a Knick.

thats some discount! considering garnett will earn 28 mil (yeah, thats twenty-eight) 21 mil for marbury is complete robbery. i like steph, but giving him a contract like that will only add to the cap count....hes made enough to be okay???? hes earned enough for 10 lifetimes.....

we need to keep getting younger, and add players that will not only compliment the roster, but offset some of the negatives....like, i dont know....perimeter and interior defense.....

the knicks need to find someone who can d up against the better post players and someone who can stick to a teams best guard like glue. those 2 things are the biggest weaknesses on the team. does anyone remember when dallas score 110 a night and still lost?

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
ummmm.... did you guys watch any knicks games last year? before collins became the go to defender... marbury guarded the elite scorers on opposing teams when the game was close and clock was low... he forced joe johnson (6'8) into a bad baseline jumper to beat the Hawks... forced kobe (6'6) into a bad one that give us the W against mamba and LA... there are more... those are the ones i feel like typing though...