How about Darko???

KOWIE

Rookie
with lewis going to the magic, they need to release the rights to darko....while hes not going to avg 20 points hes a solid interior defender....which we need desperately.....what do you guys think?

not the greatest signing to be made, but an affordable one, and something that could def help inside the paint.

Toons

is the Bo$$
that would be an excellent move is thomas picks up darko. we can waive jerome james....i hate him

metrocard

Legend
Darko would of been a great compliment Curry to play next to Curry. Blocks shots, can defend outside the paint, can pass, nice fundamentals. His only weakness is he's a pussy. He has the ability to play really rugged. Young kid too.

But we have Randolph, so its too late.

KOWIE

Rookie
Darko would of been a great compliment Curry to play next to Curry. Blocks shots, can defend outside the paint, can pass, nice fundamentals. His only weakness is he's a pussy. He has the ability to play really rugged. Young kid too.

But we have Randolph, so its too late.

randolph plays defense like curry.....which is why we still need an interior defender....

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
yeah but there's only 96 minutes available at PF and C... splitting that between 3 guys (Lee, Randolph, Curry) is hard enough without penciling in Darko... metro's right... with the presence of Randolph... this is unrealistic...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
FUCK Randolph!!(be forewarned this is how I will start off most of my post from now on, i'm a hater on randolph like metro hates on curry lol) anyhow, Darko, for whatever reason, is coveted by other teams who would spend more than the knicks can offer at this time. Plus something tells me that dude would crack in NYC. The skills he has however is exactly what the Knicks need

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
if randolph ends up getting traded then darko would be the perfect compliment at pf with lee to play with curry and it would be a great signing. well see what happens

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
i don't think randolph is going anywhere... if we bring in darko he takes minutes away from lee and morris... he doesn't fit our team anymore...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
"Fuck the Zach Randolph Trade"

I tend to disagree. I think he will and should be traded for someone who is as talented and can fit a NEED on the knicks ..

Toons

is the Bo$$
all we need now is gerald wallcae....find a way to get him with jjames, jjeff, fred jones, dickau, rose, maybe q

metrocard

Legend
"Fuck the Zach Randolph Trade"

I tend to disagree. I think he will and should be traded for someone who is as talented and can fit a NEED on the knicks ..

Agreed to the fucking max. We don't need Randolph on this team. We have rebounding with Lee and Balkman. We have big man scoring with Curry(Even though Randolph would be a better option).

Randolph is a great piece though. Only 25 years old. 23 and 10 player. We could definately get an all star caliber player in return. Hopefully its at SG, because Crawford is garbage. I'm happy at PG, and PF with Marbury and Lee. I have major confidence in Balkman as the SF of the future. I'm okay with Curry, he better show improves on offensive and defensive awareness. I guess at SG, you can say Mardy Collins when he develops a consistant jumper.

and FUCK DARKO. He thinks he should be a first option. Why do you think his agent isn't letting Darko re-sign with Orlando right away? Darko is beyond talented, one of the most talented big man in the NBA. But he doesn't have that mean streak to average 10 rebounds a game. He's a great defender and skilled offensive player. He needs to practice more, he has the skills, but not the confidence. I really question Darko. But like I said before, he would be the perfect compliment to Curry; for his defense and fundamentals to hide Eddy's flaws.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Darko would be a good compliment to curry as well, but i dont think hes a starter. atleast not a consistant one. sometimes he would be overmatched and pushed around, sometimes he comes out blocking and focused. Its more his desire and energy, hes not a high energy guy.
Id rather let Lee develop, lee is decent defender, maybe he'll improve this year.

paris401

Starter
all we need now is gerald wallcae....find a way to get him with jjames, jjeff, fred jones, dickau, rose, maybe q

can't comment on fred jones, or dick, but ain't no one going to take burger-king james, or jefferies or q (with his uninsurable back) off our hands...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You guys are fooling your selves if you think Lee is better than Randolph. We've got him, get over it, he aint going no where unless it's for Garnett, which wont happen.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
You guys are fooling your selves if you think Lee is better than Randolph. We've got him, get over it, he aint going no where unless it's for Garnett, which wont happen.
Lee is better than Randolph???? Wow. Randolph is a better scorer than Lee (Lee can only score in the paint) Randloph is a better FT shooter than Lee, Randolph is an All Star and Lee isn't. Only thing Lee does better than ZBo is Rebound.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Lee isn't better than Randolph, but what Lee does is add to team chemistry. He definitely does all the dirty work that no one on our team will do. He complements Curry better by doing things in the post, box out, play d, grab rebounds that Curry doesn't do.

Sacramento is a bland team and a bland town. I don't think Artests' attitude appeals to the 'small' market audience that the Kings are trying to target. If they want to get rid of him and the baggage that he brings, they're going to have to take someone else's (not necessarily the Knicks) undesirable contracts.

Isaiah should push for a Nate+Jeffries trade for Artest. Anything else would be too much to give up to while taking on the risk of Artest.

BTW...since we're way over the cap, there is no way we can offer Darko anything more than the MLE. The only way we can get ANY free agent will be through a sign and trade.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lee is a type of guy that doesn't need plays run for him to produce. He finds a way to get involved without the ball. His constant hustle can't be taught. That type of play is only displayed by a handfull of players in the whole league.

Nate+Jeffries trade is kind of pushing it since JJ's stock dipped due to his sub par season. Nate has shown that he can score but is usually lost within the defensive schemes. That trade would be a tough sell unless you throw Rose in the mix.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
darko won't get much more than mle anywhere... especially since he has the whole "drafted before carmelo, dwade and bosh" curse... if isiah has to trade lee for a proven leader... then we gotta snatch him up...