Ron Artest for????????????

kej718

Rookie
Ron Artest for Jared Jeffries, Nate Robinson, Randolph Morris

I believe he have one more year on his contract, and in return Sacromento would get 2 young players with a lot of potential.

If we do keep guys like Nate Robinson, and Randolph Morris I do not see them getting to many minutes.

Our line up can look like this:

C Eddy Curry Jerome James
PF Zach Randolph David Lee
SF Ron Artest Renaldo Balkman Wilson Chandler
SG Quentin Richardson or Jamal Crawford Demetris Nichols
PG Stephon Marbury Mardy Collins

Expiring contracts
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Malik Rose

James would not get any minutes and guys like Lee, Balkman, and Collins would would not even think about trading.:gony:

What do you think, could Isiah pull this off??????????

Toons

is the Bo$$
that might work if u put a few picks in there for the following season....errr....maybe not

NYKnicks15

Starter
As much as Id love to see Sacramento settle for Jeffries, Robinson and Morris I dont see it happening. As aforementioned Lee or Craw would have to be part of it. UNLESS they believe they cant get Robinson (a crowd favorite) along with one of them not wanting to trade away all of our previous rookies. The set of three there make a nice package I think but its Sacs decision.

Our guard position is stacked as well as our small forward. I like crawford but if a Crawford/Robinson deal could get Artest here Id pull the trigger quick.

But with Derek Fisher wanting to play for the knicks aswell lowing our guard count seems to be a plus at this point.

Curry/Morris/James
Randolph/Lee/Rose
Jeffries/Balman/Chandler
Richardson/Crawford/Jones/Nichols
Marbury/Robinson/Collins/Dickau

If we give Lee in this deal itll be a VERY bad move. its not worth it. as much as Artest would help the loss of Lee would hurt just as much. Without a valid backup big and the fact that Artest WILL sign with us after opting out next year REGARDLESS to where he is dealt. We should just push for a deal that lets us unload what we want. Aslong as we keep Curry/Randolph/Lee/Marbury when this deal is said and done ill be very happy. BUT now the ball is in our court its time to be patient.

adaid1313

Rookie
Newbie thoughts

What's up guys. First post on board, thanx for having me. Knicks fan since the 70's.
What about the possibility of:
1. Sign Fisher
2.Trades w/ Utah
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~2755~2986~739&teams=18~18~23~23
and Sacremento
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=434~165~1717~2782&teams=18~26~26~26
buyout Dickau

Left with:
g derek fisher
g stephon marbury
f ron artest
f zach randolph
c eddie curry
g fred jones
f andrei kirilenko
f david lee
c jerome james
g mardy collins
g demetrius nichols
f wilson chandler
f quentin richardson
c randolph morris

Hmmm???

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
Malik Rose, Balkman and Robinson

For

Artest

This way... sac gets an expiring contract (Rose) and two good young players in Balkman and Nate... PLUS this leaves us with 14 players on our roster... giving us a spot for fisher...

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
What's up guys. First post on board, thanx for having me. Knicks fan since the 70's.
What about the possibility of:
1. Sign Fisher
2.Trades w/ Utah
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=25~2755~2986~739&teams=18~18~23~23
and Sacremento
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=434~165~1717~2782&teams=18~26~26~26
buyout Dickau

Left with:
g derek fisher
g stephon marbury
f ron artest
f zach randolph
c eddie curry
g fred jones
f andrei kirilenko
f david lee
c jerome james
g mardy collins
g demetrius nichols
f wilson chandler
f quentin richardson
c randolph morris

Hmmm???

no way sloan takes crawford AND robinson... they're not his type of players... we'd prolly have to give up crawford and balkman for this trade to work... unless we give up 'naldo in the artest trade... then this is a non-issue... why would we want artest AND kirilenko anyway?

Bombay

Rookie
I'll wait if I'm Zeke that way Artest value decreases as the summer progresses. Which means we could get him for next to nothing. It would only take Malik Rose expiring contract to get Artest money wise so Adding nate would be a bonus. If not wait until next year or feb trade deadline

FameMos

Benchwarmer
JJ #20, Nate, Morris and a draft pick 4 Artest and Douby Ez :afro:

Marbury-Crawford-Dickau-Collins
Q-Crawford-Douby/Jones
Artest-Balkman-Chandler-Nichols
ZBo-Lee-Chandler-Rose
Curry-ZBo-Lee-JJ

8Man Rotation:
Marbury,Q,Artest,ZBo,Curry,Crawford,Lee and Balkman.

Last edited:

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im not interested in giving up morris really...he could be a very capable backup center and theres no sense in getting rid of him before he even played a game. jeffries and nate on the other hand are fine by me.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Malik Rose, Balkman and Robinson

For

Artest

This way... sac gets an expiring contract (Rose) and two good young players in Balkman and Nate... PLUS this leaves us with 14 players on our roster... giving us a spot for fisher...

Why is Malik Rose considered tradable for his contratc? He has pretty much identical contracts to Artest.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sorry yall, but the Kings cant deal Artest to the next team unless it is the Knicks. So Isiah dont have to be a FOOL and trade Lee, Balkman, or Collins this offseason for Artest.

Artest will do as he said, and opt out next offseason to sign with the Knicks, so teams are not looking to trade for a one season player.

And those of you who dont know and keep bringing up Ron Artest Record Label, here's the inside source of that situation:
Please cut it out about the record label BULL! that was a private meeting between Artest with Walsh and Bird that these Indiana Excutives thought was amusing to release to the Media. The Joke fell back on the Indiana Pacers whom was the BEST Team in the Eastern Conference that season and was destined for the FINALS.
Ron Artest asked for some time off early in the season because of the WISE pickup of Steven Jackson that offseason who deserved as much playingtime with Reggie Miller and J.O'Neal early in the season. Because everyone knows that Reggie Miller and J.O'Neal was going to get a two to three weeks off during the regular season.
The previous season Ron Artest made the ALL-Star Team and Won Ben Wallace Defensive Player Award. The next season did he deserve some time off during the regular season like all the other star players get when they have a WINNING Roster???

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Sorry yall, but the Kings cant deal Artest to the next team unless it is the Knicks. So Isiah dont have to be a FOOL and trade Lee, Balkman, or Collins this offseason for Artest.

Artest will do as he said, and opt out next offseason to sign with the Knicks, so teams are not looking to trade for a one season player.

And those of you who dont know and keep bringing up Ron Artest Record Label, here's the inside source of that situation:
Please cut it out about the record label BULL! that was a private meeting between Artest with Walsh and Bird that these Indiana Excutives thought was amusing to release to the Media. The Joke fell back on the Indiana Pacers whom was the BEST Team in the Eastern Conference that season and was destined for the FINALS.
Ron Artest asked for some time off early in the season because of the WISE pickup of Steven Jackson that offseason who deserved as much playingtime with Reggie Miller and J.O'Neal early in the season. Because everyone knows that Reggie Miller and J.O'Neal was going to get a two to three weeks off during the regular season.
The previous season Ron Artest made the ALL-Star Team and Won Ben Wallace Defensive Player Award. The next season did he deserve some time off during the regular season like all the other star players get when they have a WINNING Roster???

"Fuck the Zach Randolph trade"
LOL, i'm sorry but can you tell me which all star gets some time off during the regular season just because they are part of a winning roster. I"m just curious.

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If the Knicks trade for Artest; the Zach/Artest tandem will terrorize the NY strip clubs!! Stippers all over the tristate area be aware!!
I would go after AK47 before Artest! I know the contract is huge but like it was mentioned in prior posts, Artest has already stated that he wants to be a Knick and he will opt out of if goes to any team so, that being said, why would you trade anyone for him? Also, If you are going to burn Lee in trade, AK47 is the player to do it. I think AK47 has more of an upside than Artest and a lot less baggage. I would love to get them both but I would be on the phone with Utah and find out what it would take to get that deal done!!

metrocard

Legend
If the Knicks trade for Artest; the Zach/Artest tandem will terrorize the NY strip clubs!! Stippers all over the tristate area be aware!!
I would go after AK47 before Artest! I know the contract is huge but like it was mentioned in prior posts, Artest has already stated that he wants to be a Knick and he will opt out of if goes to any team so, that being said, why would you trade anyone for him? Also, If you are going to burn Lee in trade, AK47 is the player to do it. I think AK47 has more of an upside than Artest and a lot less baggage. I would love to get them both but I would be on the phone with Utah and find out what it would take to get that deal done!!

AK47 will get exposed in New York like a college vagina.

We need rugged hardcore players like Artest. Artest belongs in New York and no where else.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
AK47 will get exposed in New York like a college vagina.

We need rugged hardcore players like Artest. Artest belongs in New York and no where else.

I disagree about AK47! I think he is a very good perimeter defender as well as rebounder. I agree about Artest, I think he has a grit to him that most players in the league just don't have. My point is that Artest is saying that he will be a Knick once he is a free agent, so why would you use Lee in a trade for him. If you had AK47 at the 3 spot and Artest at the 2.... That's totally locking down the perimeter! You could move AK to the 4 spot to sub in for Randolph and move artest to the 3 then bring in Fred Jones to play the 2. I like that roster; versatility and a strong defensive presence through out the roster.

Toons

is the Bo$$
ak aint a good rebounder....hes a shot blocker....we need gerald wallace at the 3 spot