Is this what the knicks need?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Because Balkman can't guard 5 guys at once. Why settle for medicore defense? Bringing Artest, we would have Balkman, Collins, Marbury, Richardson and Ronny Ron. Thats SICK perimeter defense. We wouldn't even need a shot blocker, cause no one is going to the paint with that defense around the perimeter.

lilman, you're on a roll...July has been your month.

one the few times i agreed wit this guy, i mean why not have two so called artest???wouldnt that make the knicks a better team???

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
The point is though, the Knicks wouldn't have to give up any of the young guns that they have. Artest is only 27 years old, will turn 28 in November. It's not that he's an old dude. And however good Balkman is now, he is still raw, Artest could be a mentor type for him, and he wouldn't be regressing I don't think if Artest would be on the team because of that fact. The knicks could also have a line-up from time to time with Artest and Balkman in at the same time. Here are things I have seen from Ron Artest, He came to Indiana Defensive Player of the year Indiana Best Team in the East, Not on Indiana they become what they are now... He joins the Kings, gets them into the playoffs and almost upsets the Spurs. The Kings choose to fire coach and let Bonzi leave and the season was shit from there... The guy is a winner and he's a badazz, I love that combination and that combination is what the Knicks need in order to shine. Think of it like this. Oakley was the resident BAD ASS for the Knicks back when they were stellar. Other players who came on the team took their cue from Oak. Not saying Mase, Starks, X and the others weren't firey to begin with, but because of Oak, they were able to show it off. I think Artest can rub off the same way. I'm not saying he has to or would turn these Knicks into a group of Bad Asses like the early 90's Knicks, but his presence will provide the Knicks that extra OOMPH that they desperately need especially on the defensive end. And in the end, the knicks should not ahve to give up any major pieces in order to get him

I see where you're coming from on this one... but since Ronny wants to retire in Sacto... this discussion is dead...